After a good and proper CK2 game I realized that I know jackshit about my favourite pagans. The Slavic faith

After a good and proper CK2 game I realized that I know jackshit about my favourite pagans. The Slavic faith.

Tell me all I would need to know about the Slavic pagan faith. Pantheons, the dopest gods, ways of worship and etc etc, fun facts if you will!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belobog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they were close to being monotheistic and had the Trinity thing well figured out

Their symbols are good, but we barely know what was their faith was all about.

>Barely know what their faith was all about

That's a shame ;s

Much of it doesn't survive, and is a recreation.
Different tribes had different interpretations.
Generally the main deities are Svarog (generally seen as the creator, and blacksmith, similar to Hephaestus and Zeus), Perun (war, thunder similar to Zeus and Thor) and Dazbog (Sun, and in some cases underworld).
There are many gods that overlap in fields, so it's not sure if they were separate deities or are just the different names of same gods.
There are Belobog (white god), and Chernobog (black god) who are thought of being opposite of each other, Chernobog is the devil in Disney's Fantasia.
There's also Svetovid (4 heads, represented by a white horse) and Triglav (3 heads - literal name, represented by a black horse). The highest mountain in Slovenia is called Triglav, has 3 peaks and is featured on the coat of arms and flag.
Sometimes those two are thought of as a sort of trinity (or tetrarchy? for Svetovid), as a sort of amalgamation of the big 3.
Veles is the god of wealth, and magic, and he is mentioned as the devil in some Czech texts, some viewed him as the trickster god. Many places in the Balkans (mountains, towns etc.) are named after him, so it can be assumed he was popular with south Slavs.
One point of view, that's slightly out there is the theory that Serbs in particular viewed Dazbog as the supreme deity as opposed to Svarog (his father) or some amalgamation.
In general Slavic mythological creatures are better recorded than Slavic gods, likely due to Christianization.

That's about all i know, i have a book on Slavic mythology, but it's more about creatures, and i have no idea where it is.

> black god
WE WUZ SLAVES AND SHIT

Black representing darkness, white representing light, duh, some interpret it as seasons or times of day.
And i expected that desu.

>I know jackshit about my favourite pagans. The Slavic faith.
Nobody knows anything about them. All the knowledge we have are reconstructed from Christian, typically Frankish sources.

For example, for centuries people believed there was a West Slavic god called Radegast because some Frankish monk wrote about it, but recently they discovered he was just a retard and Radegast is just a hill where people worshipped Svarog.

>Belobog
There was no Belobog, it's literally 100% invention of researchers who thought if there's Chernobog, there also must be a Belobog.

WE WUZ MAIAR
Most of Slavic mythology is sadly recreation and speculation.

Tolkien was a subhuman.

You was a subhuman.

But Belobog isn't even a reconstruction, he's purely made up.

He's right though. He even liked Jews.

There's also a Svantevit

> he's purely made up

>After a good and proper CK2 game
look for Better Slavic Pagan Mod
it adds more fun and lore to slavic pagans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belobog

It's created by some 19th century wewuzians.

> redditpedia
Now that's a purely made up thing!

Veles was much more important than you're making him out to be here. He was about as important as Perun, and the battle between them was a pretty fucking big deal -- worth much more than a short footnote.

Get lost bolshevik.

>He was about as important as Perun
that depends on what tribe you talking about you know
for example there are no evidences of perun cult in place we today call Poland

The most important thing about old Slavs is that they respected their gods but they didn't fear them. Christianity brought the fear (and unnecessary churches)