/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

The nose knows.

What are the "top tier" weapons of this game? I'm just curious because the last time I played in 3U the best weapons were HBG and GS.

i want to fuck this jewess

Welcome to /mhg/. You are not allowed to bully:

>Kulu-Ya-Ku
>Pukei-Pukei
>Tzitzi-Ya-Ku
>Paolumu

Please keep this in mind and have a nice day.

I'm going to marry Sisterly Fourth.

Two slots left for MonHanGen

Session ID: 3LMRn8XLP3A7

I'm closing the session once they're full.

The only elder dragon I cartx3 to is Xeno.

I feel like this fucker has so much HP and as a hammer main I can't get to his face easily at all. When his legs get broken I lose all good places to damage.
And then he flies and we play "the floor is lava".

Is the trick literally to keep wittling him down during every 30 seconds he lands. The lazers and energy blasts aren't nothing to me.

Bring back oils for World G!

>Not including Dodogama
For that, I will bully all four of them.

But Pukei-Pukei bullies monsters himself, why can't we bully him back?

source?

If you shoot him with pods while he's flying he falls. Mount for easy head access.

>tfw join mhg rooms even though I can't join quests because no PS+

>When his legs get broken I lose all good places to damage
???
Every time I've fought him I just hit him in his hands the entire fight

One final slot here guys. Get in here and be the final member

That's not a jew nose though. That's a greek nose. Jew noses have a protusion in the middle of it so it looks more like a hook. The greek nose goes entirely straight from the root to the tip. My nose is like that and it's the most aesthetic nose to have, people do surgeries to get that all the time.

Tzitzi is a bully

You couldn't handle it.

Tzitzi and Kulu I'll accept, but you missed Dodogama. That and both Pukei Pukei and Paolumu deserve major bullying.

Where's dodogama you piece of shit?

Alright!

We're all full again. Glad to have you guys.

are her boobs about to explode

When augmenting the Diablos CB, is it ideal to use both augments to Attack+? If SAED doesn't crit(?) and WE3 puts the native -30% affinity to 20%, then is there a reason not to use augments for increasing raw?

t-thats why i need it

so what time are people on the most

Because I don't feel like spamming screenshots. Have all of them.

B R A C E J E W E L 3

How am I suppose to do my weekly bounties then?

>have everything fully researched
>except Lavasioth still barely at level 2

Why is he so useless and unfun?

I can understand shit like Jagras or Kula being passive, but mons like Los/Ian and anjanath? They should fucking want to murder you on sight. Fuck, I've unloaded a WF on Ananath multiple times for it to just roar and walk like nothing happened.

Around this time of day for roughly the next 12 hours we usually have the most activity. We've got some pretty steady late night players too though. I'm on until 3 AM pretty often.

It's been a little dead lately though, so hopefully this infusion of players helps.

HEY /mhg/

Tell me a joke

Phials don't crit but the large 250 raw or so crits

>My nose is like that and it's the most aesthetic nose to have, people do surgeries to get that all the time.
Who are you trying to convince here, user?

Do people still play Generations? Is it even worth playing since I doubt their are any new quest being put out by Capcom?

Sword and Shield

3ds

>break his face
>now has no weakspots
nice design

Cus they needed to cram in another picaline wyvern or else the quest is boring, now it's similarly boring

Element

Do damage exclusively by inflicting poison, then trap them.

Which weapons has the most varied gameplay? Im sick of the GS' limited moveset (Wish it had a move set more similar to the zwei in dark souls) and spamming the third charge of hammer and circle combo when then enemy is knocked down. Is Charged blade the answer?

Water bow motherfucker.

>Canta just murdered Nergigante in 3 minutes with swax
>/mhg/ will insist he's a bad player when most of you fucks complain about his hitboxes and dive attack

nice collage user

Raths and Anjanath aren't passive, every aggressive monster has an aggro meter that will slowly increase and then they aggro. If you stay too close to either of those they will attack you.

>finally got the mats for Urugaan armor
>mfw

>murdered Nergigante
But has he done something impressive yet?

She's just really turned on

Well too bad. I saved the whole image set but I don't have them with me. Try a reverse search.

anything that's popular is bad.

Me on the left

>he doesn't have a glorious greek nose

>nip drink a potion
>entire party heals
>almost 100 buffs and heals

what

Just upgrade to XX at this point. The english patch makes it completely playable without knowing a squiggle of nip.

>What's a dinosaur's favorite subject?
Anjamath!

Just go to the training room and try something else ffs
fucking souls babies

Can I give this thing decent sharpness using handcraft?

wide range

Probs cb but gunlance varies based on which shelling the weapon has.

You can check yourself in the forge

>Tell me a joke
Your life.

Anybody doing the sfv event quest?

Great Jagras

remember: if you see Vaal Hazak charging up his miasma laser you can knock him out of it with a flash pod!

Thanks for the help with the arena stuff, Ushibani (also sorry for sucking ass on the first runs, I don't play Lance or Bow that much so it took me a while to get decent at it)

Is the patch out for the Switch version?

ru ru ru

This entire game is buttfucked by Flash Bombs
Flashbugs should literally never leave your farm until you hit x999

Or bully him with dung pods then causally walk to the left and laugh as the laser misses you completely and carts a jap

3ds only. I'm sure there will be a switch patch when it gets cracked open for homebrew.

>Anyway, for an LBG, I think the best ones have triple-shot normals. I think Odogaron's the best one in that regard. High affinity and all that good stuff. For the HBG, I'd say go for the Shattercryst (Legiana Tree, incredible Piercing affinity.) or the Flammenkanone (Anjanath Tree, incredible Spread affinity-- shoots them thrice.).
The Anja gun is shit. The recoil is ridiculous, and it reloads slow as shit.

Holy shit you can get BLUE sharpness?

Why is this game so shit at explaining itself.

Im just doing the optimal shit user. The GS has like 3 useful things the rest is just shit. The shoulder tackle, the shoulder tackle into wide slash and then the overhead smashes. That retarded horizontal slash and the the vertical swing that hits behind you are bordering useless. You sure as hell aren't using them against tempered elders. I'd rather have an advancing slash attack or something over those trash moves.

Wide Range
Really fun in combination with Mushroomancer

Not yet but you can just pirate the 3ds version in the meantime.

I don't have PS+ or SFV

Can I still do the dlc?

You can get up to white in this game. It's not really something the game needs to explain.

By maxing the Handicraft skill you can get white sharpness, beyond blue

white sharpness exists too.

no.

>not posting the gif

But really though is Weakness Exploit even worth getting if you don't really hit weakzones? For example SnS has such little reach you can't realistically be expected to hit the weakzones constantly.

do not fucking start this

Fug

shield hbg desu

Why is bow so fucking overpowered holy shit

It's fucking Monster Hunter, you should learn to use everything at your disposal
Stop being a shitter and adapt

Oh boy, here we go again.

Nearly everything is a weak zone in this game though, even claws.

>not posting the the version without a bow blocking my view of doggo ass

Disgusting

Is Attack Up really worth it if you don't really hit monsters? I just run around spamming lifepowder the whole time.

I'll admit, I laughed when you tried to make this a real question but then reveled yourself as the SnS autist. But really, kys.

>half of the "new" monsters in World use the generic wyvern skeleton
Why in the FUCK does it seem like most of the budget went towards the fucking maps instead of the fucking monsters and gear, literally the two most important aspects of MH?

How do i craft the earplug charm?

im tired of this fucking roaring jesus christ

(you)

People will say to get more, but 4 points in Kill Yourself usually suffices.

>Always want to try sets like these
>When I get it i'm always at the butt end of endgame and the carts always come from oneshots or wombo combos
It can help when that random gets stunned and a teostra charges his fire on his face but most of the carts I see come from rangeds getting sniped by a strong attack. Is there any good weapon to use with wide range besides barroth and the bone blade with 300 para?

You won't be able to do the SFV quest, but you can do the other DLC quests

Because everything needed to be built from the ground up