pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR Applications/Games 2018
pastebin.com/YtRejmd5

>VRChat Resources and Tutorials
pastebin.com/AVvN08hT

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4Oycujt7k
yelenbrownraccoon.deviantart.com/journal/Custom-Maid-3D-2-to-MMD-Tutorial-719107241
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

add me
Two nukes was not enough

I'm me!~ You're the cute one here user and I doubt you know me

I have a creeping suspicion that is not the right name to the picture

I cant find the vrchat account

I can't find how to enable it anons

its case sensitive

There's an oculus check box on the launcher.

So lets say I want to have the gun on my chest but when I trigger animation switch it to right hand.

How do I do it? having two of them on avatar and activating/deactivating them with animation?
will this ruin performance?

What I miss

In the launcher settings

any meetups soon?

autism

/vrg/ pls spoonfeed me I can't into eye tracking even after getting it to work in blender

It won't affect performance, but you may have trouble fitting both in, in less than 20k polys. You might be able to raise it to an aiming position with dynamic bones, activation on hand gesture, and colliders.

I'll be on in an hour.

What I want to know is if there's a way to test this stuff without needing to ask someone else if it all looks right.

my Vrchat name is LeifurTjorkilson

you can either
- have the gun meshes separate and toggle whether they're active in the animation (this is probably easiest, and the +1 mesh is not a big deal for performance)
- use shape keys that shrink the inactive gun to the point of invisibility, which won't have extra meshes, but will have both guns counting toward the poly limit

Don't use eye tracking. Every MMD has a shapekey called "a terrible child!" just set that one to 60% in unity under the list of blendshapes for the mesh in the inspector.

make sure you're assigning the CATS-created LeftEye and RightEye bones in the Unity rig config, not the eye bones that came on the MMD that are usually named something like Eye_L, Eye_R

the CATS/VRChat ones point upward, most existing ones point forward

8pm est time is usually when it births

I'm sort of having the same issue. It looks really nice up close but once you start moving away from it it just becomes a blinding, white blob.

Try toning down the alphas on the color gradients to less than 255.

wait a fucking minute i recognize you, you were in that webm from the eu meetup

They're all at around 100, unless I'm not modifying the right alphas or something? The only way to control the alphas are the top tabs on the gradient bar, correct? I tried to make my bar look as similar as possible to the screenshot.

Under the renderer, mess around with the min and max particle settings. I have mine at 0 and 2. I was having the exact opposite problem where it looked fine from a distance but particles became less visible up close. I think your problem is that the particles stay the same size on the screen as you get further away, making their transparencies overlap more and therefore creating a bigger glow.

>- have the gun meshes separate and toggle whether they're active in the animation (this is probably easiest, and the +1 mesh is not a big deal for performance)
Hum I don't see property to disable object in animator

I had mine at 0 and 0.5, and bumping it up to 0 and 2 somehow made the problem 1.5x worse, haha. I think you're right about the particles staying the same size on my screen, although I'm not sure what would cause that. Pretty sure my renderer settings are all the default, aside from changing the material to the additive material.

Maybe you should change the values in the opposite direction?

Tried setting it to 0 and 0.1, which made all the particles smaller but the same thing still happens when you zoom out where shit becomes blinding. I'll try asking on the vrchat discord as well although they're not always too helpful.

I have an ungodly desire to fuck your brains out

So what happens if you change the min value?

It becomes even more blinding.

PROTEUS EFFECT

Alright I may have found a fix. Search the discord channel for "particle size" and scroll through until you see someone by the name of hardlight680. Coincidentally, this guy was also the one who helped get a part of my hoverboard working.

Is there anything specific needed to make animations longer than 2 frames work properly or have I just not thrown enough autism at my screen to make it work yet?

you want "Is Active"

Avatar Test Lounge 94140 friends+

So basically, set the Max Particle Size to 1000, and then play around with the Start Size?

When I play around with the start size that fixes the issue, but then the effect is sort of lost since it just makes everything into small dots. Plus, changing the size of the max particles didn't seem to actually do anything for me whether I had it at 1 or 1000 while changing the start size.

Although if I don't change the start size and just make the max particle at 1000, it doesn't get brighter when I zoom out which is good, but it makes it so bright to begin with that it doesn't really help.

I wish I could go to the meetup but I'm sleepy. Sorry all, we'll see tomorrow

How to make mesh move with bone?
halp

weight painting, have fun

In that case, try changing the amount of particles you have so that there are less overlayed upon each other so they glow less, or alternatively or in addition, try changing the transparency of the particles to be less opaque, so they let more of the background color through.

>youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4Oycujt7k
I haven't even played WoW and this shit made me feel nostalgic and kind of fucking sad.

Yeah I'm fucking around with different settings but ultimately it just makes everything look like shit. I think I'm gonna call it quits at this point since I've been trying for awhile but to no avail. Thanks for all your help though man you've gone above and beyond.

If you think about it, playing VRChat is like making a cosplay and then going to a convention

I've been thinking this for a while. It's basically one of those bars right across the street from a convention center, with an anime con going on next door 24/7 so there's random cosplayers there getting shitfaced and hooking up.

Yes, but you can't actually turn yourself into a little girl in real life.

Challenge accepted.

MMD and game rips are the store-bought full costumes, then? Disregarding that exactly none here is buying those models.
Pedestals are equivalent to "I found these clothes from my parents' closet" tier cosplays.
And self-made custom stuff is, obviously, equal to the self-made custom stuff.

Self-made custom stuff usually look like complete shit in VRChat, whereas self-made cosplays can go either way IRL, so no, this does not equate. MMD models look good and are like paper-dolls, easy to customize and make unique enough that you remain different from other people without having to settle for a shitty avatar.

Also MMD models and game rips are not the same either. Game rips tend to look like garbage as well, while MMD models are so high poly/high material count and fabricated for video rendering that they're almost impossible to import without hacking the SDK or decimating them into oblivion.

my model is a kakashi i found on VRCmods, am i a dirty pleb?

It's easy as fuck to find Kakashi models to mess with in blender, you're just being lazy

I miss wizard.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that explains on how to remove stuff like accessories from model A and slap it onto model B?

Just b yourself

Trump will make anime real, remember?

my only other models are an XNA port of mgsV MSF soldier and a terrible soldier76 commando skin

For that user that was interested earlier.
Im gonna do some texture edits to get some colors looking right but theres stage 1.

There's some model rips from the games that are really well done, so you don't have to do too much work. Just look for that nara shadows stuff on deviantart, cause his have the best rigging

Are the meetup on Sunday usually fun as well? I'm too tired to make the one tonight ;_;

How can you rip a model from CM3D for this?
Please respond

Monday is a holiday for me so I'll be having extra fun Sunday night.

is anybody on? meetup when?

I just downloaded this: yelenbrownraccoon.deviantart.com/journal/Custom-Maid-3D-2-to-MMD-Tutorial-719107241
You use F8 in the maid editor to put her in T-pose and export the .pmx and texture files to a folder.

Meetup is going on now in moonbase (friends of guests)

Oh, that's way less complicated than I expected it to be
Thanks user

who do i friend request?

Cool, I'm just trying to get the timing right since I'm in the EU. I'm not sure whether to sleep first and wake up or pull an all-nighter to go to the meet, since I'm not doing anything on Monday. I'm assuming the meet finishes earlier on a Sunday.

Well i already left the meetup and don't want to namedrop anyone, wait until one of them reads the thread and drops you a name?

Guys, we need to settle down with the animes.

ctrl c, ctrl v :^)

You can friend
RanYakumo UwU
I'm afk right now but I'll ferry you to the meetup when i get on.

Where you do think we are, user?

>tear up some cloth strips
>get some staples in there
>'This Nikei is perfect.'

custooom

>my avatar is like 6 feet tall
>somebody headpats me

y'all out of control

aaavaytaahr

Is it weird that I never want to go to public worlds when I'm just chilling in desktop mode and not in VR? I guess I just fear friends seeing me and wondering why the fuck I'm in desktop mode.

No, you do not understand. We understand anons. We know they are attention starved and lonely and awkward as fuck just like ourselves, so no matter what, we're going to fucking give you some of that good shit. We're in this game for a reason.

Yes, if my headphones had a mic I'd use desktop a lot more than I do

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between this general and a random public instance of Avatar Testing.

What? Like 90% of players in public worlds are desktop users.

anybody wanna add me? LeifurTjorkilson

Can she win?

>Try to figure out how to animate gifs in VRChat
>Its actually easy as fuck

sure user i'll add you with my desktop steam account ;)

>get feels from cute mute interacting with me even though I know it's nothing special and it's probably a guy anyway
>STILL get feels even when it's a guy talking
What is wrong with my brain?

>probably
There is no probably. It's a guy, always. Any woman will immediately talk with her mic.

jokes on you, i don't mind desktoppers

Desktoppers are fine too

I find this incredibly annoying but true. Why are women such fucking attention whores online, always and without exception?

>and without exception?
confirmation bias

Desktoppers don't pet back, I like them. However they should have the decency to optimize their shit. Just because they don't have to render the game in VR doesn't mean they can ignore everyone else's needs. Ultimately its a matter for them to hold themselves accountable to.

Jee user I can't imagine why they don't want to talk to you.