/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481
[Feb 4] It's... definitely something.. github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console

>Vita
[Feb 17] VitaShell and NoNpDrm have been ported to 3.67, whatever that means. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/commit/196e5b45961737b8b85854cf8412627e3ccfcddc

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/

Other urls found in this thread:

team-xecuter.com/tx-switch-mod-news-status-update/
github.com/OperationNT414C/FakeCamera
gist.github.com/yifanlu/bcc8ebb102704ae136c650a912c6f70c
twitter.com/SciresM/status/964619151913336833
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why no freeshop on the WiiU?
Just not enough interest in making one?

its on PC instead

5.x never

pls delet this

team-xecuter.com/tx-switch-mod-news-status-update/

what?
why don't we have a system of checks that auto deletes shitposting? imagine how much the entire site would be improved, it might be like 2005 again.

>paying to pirate

Yeah no, after the gateway debacle I'd much rather wait a couple more months for free softmods

Wii Us network is slow as dogshit. It's faster to download on PC, transfer it to an SD card and install it.

STFU

>IT'S-A-RETARD
Go wahoo back in

Thanks for keeping the thread alive.

The PS3 scene is a joke

>quality games
BING
BING
WAHOO
MAMMA MIA

*WHIRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Nice joke

was a joke its prety good now. i mean we got the web kit downgrade

Think about what theflow0 has done.

He created Vitamin and VitaShell -- the original methods by which we could manage the Vita's file system and install .vpk files.

He created an app that, literally, allowed the PS Vita to transform into a PSP. Like legit, a PSP - there were no downsides or limitations. Anything a PSP could do except take in physical UMD discs was doable on Adrenaline. (On top of that, he also patched the decade+ old GTA games on Vita to have adjustable cameras with the right analog stick).

He created DownloadEnabler.

He created NoNPDrm which essentially told all Vita DRM to go fuck itself and even outdid MaiDump.

And, on top of all of that, now it's being implied that he broke through Sony's 3.6+ protection which not even our great homebrew scene could break in a year and a half. Like really; it's never even been hinted before by a member of the scene that maybe we can get past 3.60.

I gotta say, theflow is really something else - he really is. He's done so much and he's supposedly just a young CS student; I gotta wonder, what is this guy's background? It's amazing to think about how much this guy has improved all of our lives and provided us with so much gaming content in all this time. His level of competence at (reverse)engineering the Vita is so good he honestly might be just as qualified to work with it as an actual professional Vita developer.

He's definitely going to be making big bucks when he goes into the IT field. With his high grades he's probably making a mockery of every single test/quiz/assessment he's getting at university.

thefag quit jerking off

t. theflow

hi thefl0w, how does your own dick taste?

Kill yourself theflow
We love you though bby

>He created NoNPDrm which essentially told all Vita DRM to go fuck itself and even outdid MaiDump.
Mai is better because it decrypts games and allows mods, you can't do mods on NoNpDRM which is why stuff like Trails in the Sky Evo English Translation is Mai exclusive.

mai dumps broken frankenbinaries, nonpdrm just werks

ideally we'd have both though

Nah, Mai only frankenstein's the eboot, everything else is decrypted properly. Thing is NoNpDRM can't work with decrypted data so it's worthless for fantranslations, undubs and the like. I still use it for games that I don't need modded, but anything I've got some form of mod running is Mai based.

>Mai only frankenstein's the eboot, everything else is decrypted properly.
what do you think frankenbinary means

enjoy your broken save files and atelier dlcs fag

>enjoy your broken save files
You do realize Mai has nothing to do with them breaking right? It's one of Sony's DRM modules that corrupts them. You can easily bypass said DRM by just creating an empty folder called list.dat in ux0:user/00/savedata and then you saves will never corrupt anymore in sleep mode, I tested by leaving my VitaTV in sleep for full 2 weeks I was on holidays and nothing corrupted.

>atelier
Sorry I don't play trash, anyway all the DLCs I have for games work fine.

Theflow just might be the father of the Hacker that appears in SS1! Or, he is the real-life equivalent of Buck Rogers.

The modules are also frankensteined, and it's thought they're the actual cause behind the Maidumps and vpks having bugs.

KYS
>>>/b

what if you leave the eboot in it's original state but leave everything else decrypted?

The game fails to boot with a C error code.

There's a Persona 4 Golden Undub that's using NoNpDRM that works just fine, but the guy did something very clever with it.
He put all the undubbed files in the Patch folder.

even with nonpdrm?

The day when NoNpDRM gets updated to support modified eboot files is the day Mai dies, until that day Mai will still be used.

that's not clever, that's how everyone used to mod vita games.

Yeah. You either have everything decrypted or everything encrypted, you can't mix and match files.

And if you place them in the patch folder they're subject to that same restriction.

are there PS4 dumps of locoroco, patapon and parappa yet? i'm curious to see whether they're emulated or real ports.

what we need is the fucking food keys so we can get clean modules and binary's that haven't been mangled by aslr. but good luck with that it would probably take hardware glitching.

>And if you place them in the patch folder they're subject to that same restriction.
Explain how the P4G Undub works on NoNpDRM then?

And that won't happen until the NPDRM encryption is broken for real, and tools for reapplying the NPDRM and PFS encryptions after modifying the eboot are made.

If you check the tutorial at the bottom, you'll see they're dumping decrypted files into the patch folder for the game and leaving it at that. They aren't including a modified eboot or encrypted files.

I mean how does a mix of ENCRYPTED patch files + the UNENCRYPTED undubbed files thrown into the patch in addition to the files that are already there (the encrypted one), how exactly does this work when you claim mixing is impossible?

It means that all the files in the same folder must be encrypted or decrypted.

You can use decrypted files for the patch folder while still having the game encrypted in the app folder, but they must all be decrypted.

If you try to mix both files types in the app folder, the Vita will only recognize the encrypted ones and ignore the decrypted ones.

The linux stuff is really cool -- I am personally completely disinterested in running linux (I want customized Horizon OS), but it's definitely nice to see.

Knowing f0f, they may or may not release the actual exploit they're using (probably not) -- but they almost certainly will make public their linux drivers...and deja vu will make that usable for people who're into that kind of thing.

--
Anyway, I'm not in charge of release date semantics for the other coldboot exploit since it's not mine...but I would be very, very surprised if it never released. Probably sometime after deja vu, though I suppose everything's up in the air.

>If you try to mix both files types in the "app" folder,

I meant in the "patch" folder here.

You're still ignoring what I said.
There's both Encrypted AND Decrypted files in the P4G's Undub patch folder.

And the decrypted files are ignored by the game if there are also encrypted files in the patch folder. I didn't ignore what you said, but it seems you're not bothering to read properly.

>He created an app that, literally, allowed the PS Vita to transform into a PSP. Like legit, a PSP - there were no downsides or limitations. Anything a PSP could do except take in physical UMD discs was doable on Adrenaline.

i wish i could say that, and i still give him credit, but trying to use the camera crashes adreneline. there are a few games that use the psp camera and the vita has two cameras built in, so i wish he'd add that

No, they aren't being ignored, because they are literally the files responsible for undubbing the game, so if anything it's the encrypted files that are being ignored.

>you only fuck up the executable
wooooow
That's why games like ateliers didn't work properly and some didn't even launch.

Doesn't the camera plugin work?
github.com/OperationNT414C/FakeCamera

Considering the reports that state the opposite from people who have actually worked in modding games, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Do yourself a favor and read the comment chain at the bottom: gist.github.com/yifanlu/bcc8ebb102704ae136c650a912c6f70c

Hey, can magnethax still work if the target 3ds has a NNID linked beforehand, or no?
Also, is there a full list of games for the Vita that don't inherently make you update to a firmware past 3.60?

Call me a faggot but what games don't work properly and what don't even launch? Is there a list I can look at to avoid getting fucked by bugs?

I have Monster Hunter 3U on a disc for WiiU.
How long should it take to rip the game and install to USB hard drive?

All atelier games had some kind of game breaking bug. Axiom Verge coudln't even launch. This is off the top of my head.

I know that Oreshika wouldn't work for me no matter what on Mai, it would go through all the intro logos but when it came to getting into main menu it would just black screen, the solution was to just put it in Mode 6 and that fixed it and the game worked perfectly.
Sure it's not something like this?

Ciel nosurge Offline has its online-related features disabled in MaiDump and Vitamin: the buttons for them either don't do anything or cause the game to softlock.

5 hours

bonus stuff that depends on reading other games save data didn't work too

>Call me a faggot
faggot.

Oh yeah, I had to fuck around to get save imported from Trails FC to Trails SC.
Basically export my Mai FC save, uninstall FC, install NoNpDRM FC, import save to that, install NoNpDRM SC, transfer save to that, start and save game, export save, delete SC, install Mai version of SC with fantranslation.
The fact I'll have to do it again for 3rd already fills me with pencil shattering anal clench.

>bonus stuff that depends on reading other games save data didn't work too
DLC from other games didn't work either.
Because of that fucking chink I couldn't cook with my senran in Senran Kagura Bon Appetit.

waiting for a response

I hacked a new 3DS gamestop kiosk demo unit is there any settings or anything I can go through to re-enable the home button?

You literally copied this off of Rebbit's vitahacks board.

>going to leddit

twitter.com/SciresM/status/964619151913336833 why no mention of this in the news?

>3.67 finally happening
we made it bros

kiosk units are poorly documented. now what you should do is dump its local friendcode b seed and compare it to one from another kiosk. wouldn't it be a trip if they used the same one on all demo units.

The home button is literally disabled on the hardware for them, nothing you can do except change the board so you might as well just buy a proper 3DS.

where where you last thread man. it should be in the op though
.what so they have their own mcu firm that's different then retail or what.

finally.. i'll be able to play undertale on my hacked ps vita

>.what so they have their own mcu firm that's different then retail or what.
Yes, they are different hardware-wise.

i use maidumps of imas must songs and they read each other's saves correctly, they must do something unusual.

why would you want to do that. its better on pc and above that the music is better than the game. fucking tobyfox dropped the ball he could have had a real cool arg to go along with the gaster shit.

>he believes that there isn't an ARG
it's just a really long and drawn out one. i-it'll definitely deliver.

so much for "2 weeks" on the homebrew launcher. what a load of rubbish

Someone better upload Mary Skelter JP, the original Dungeon Travelers and Dungeon Travelers 2-2, SRWV, Atelier Lydie, Tokyo Clanpool, Omega Labyrinth Z, Gun Gun Pixies and other worthless shitty nip games because that's all the Vita is good for and I want to play them before my OG dies on me.

3.67 enso update when

I have an issue with nintendont on my Wii U. When I open it, after a few seconds it turns into a mostly black screen. It still works but it's a hassle to do everything nonvisually. It usually works normally if I close and open it again. Anybody know how to fix this?

If the update happens I will dump them. I have over 220 physical vita games I'm sitting on. What's the best way to archive/dump them?

I've got a bunch of these too
>tfw bought most 3.61+ games with no way of playing them

So much for "February first".

problem is

can we GET fucking CFW past 3.60 after that point? otherwise its still fucking useless and PSP will be better in that regard of devs getting hacks DONE

What is preventing the release/disclosure of the cold boot exploit from reswitched? The moral idea really doesn't hold water, as I'd think they'd want to disclose it to nVidia. Most devices using X1 are discontinued.

Not trying to be rude, just a big logical fallacy imo. Other people are going to find it sooner or later.

We saw. ScriesM was in here and we collectively shucked him off. He was cool about answering questions.

MaiDumpTool

Because the OP is ultra outdated shit and new thread posters never fix it.
I really don't expect anything from anyone besides the big M so I'm never disappointed.

Isn't maidump really shitty to work with compared to NoNpDrm?

So I just figured out native resolution hacks for SS Delta and Uncharted.
Unfortunately I can't find a way for Persona 4 Golden and Ys Celceta.
I really wish someone would do those.

For Uncharted you need to hex edit the eboot and search for hex value D002000098010000 and replace it with C003000020020000

For SS Delta you need to edit boot_config.ini (it's in the resource folder in the folder with the game) and change ResoDown value from 1 to 0.

Both work quite well in full performance mode with taihen overclock plugin.

so what good is vitashell 3.67 without henkaku 3.67?

fellow vita collector with about half that many games.. it's much easier and a lot faster to download all your games from sony and patch nonpdrm. they will be perfect. you might have a couple that aren't online, just manually do those.

maidump breaks games
also with nonpdrm you just upload a key to a db and everyone uses sony servers fo dl

For fantranslations and game mods MaiDump is the only method.

all this scene progress without any drama what a time to be alive.

No it's not. You can translate games with NoNpDRM dumps.

for physical games it sounds like psvgamesd is the best

any news on super slim ps3s? i'm tired of wating :(

>change ResoDown value from 1 to 0