Spessmen on a spess station /ss13g/

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Station bombed
>We fixed it
>Station bombed again
>We fixed it again
>Station welderbombed petulantly
>Only ones who even cared were the diona that were cloned after being gibbed by bombs are repaired out of salt

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17475
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/
pastebin.com/J7W5czWY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haha that'll show me to not get sleep.
Last thread:

2nd for no Duny bf

>being a fan of CM
>claim to appreciate good code and/or spritework

I caved in to player pressure. You can still bite/kick in the cube, it just doesn't deal damage

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17475

Fine by me if it does no damage, as long as you can still do it
Fitting with the C U C K E D theme that it does no damage too

Bump

>Be a fan of CM
>Appreciate the fact that there's no general comms for the marines, the most numerous set of roles in the server

>low playercount
>many people latejoin on purpose to avoid being a target
>all rounds are vampire and traitor
>"let's make traders latejoin too!"

if morena is playing I'm leaving

ok bye

I wouldn't mind if datums were a thing

I vaguely remember that shift

>Want to play a VR racing game (Assetto Corsa)
>Oh, W10 wiped my Vive drivers again
>Oh, W10 wiped my G29 drivers again
>Oh, W10 wiped my bluetooth drivers again
>1 hour later, still running into bugs. I'll just play spess
>Oh, W10 wiped my gpu driver, and now even SS13 is totally fucked (artefacts, green and purple colors, lag byond imagining)
>Oh, W10 wiped my audio drivers too, and I now have no sound
>Oh, let's go back to Assetto Corsa. I think I can fix it
>Oh, I now have a BSOD, because the G29 drivers conflict with genetic USB drivers, which were also changed with the last update
>Oh, I can no longer use my Vive link box to pair with my PS3 controller, because... drivers.

What fresh hell is this? I'm going to install Gentoo, and I mean it this time!

Latejoining is a low playercount solution. It reduces the strain of low player counts.
Who do you think would fare better if latejoining wasn't allowed at all?
>D20 station, who can get 1-2 out of 3 people to ready up
>TGstation, who can ready up 40-50 out of 70 (not even a particularly high pop for their prime time hours)

Consider it another way, what about the complaint that not enough players are playing heads of staff? Is the solution to lock latejoining as a head? That doesn't make any sense. Prevent building an AI because not enough people pref and ready for AI?

Frankly targeting greentext is dumb and causes more drama than it's worth. Conceptually, objectives make people focus on the wrong thing. We had a great game tonight with a mecha showdown and the guy responsible (Marko) didn't do his vampire objective at all.

Datums can help this maybe but I think the better solution is to get rid of target objectives entirely in favor of encouraging players to be more creative. Surely we can think of something more interesting?

Think about how random AI ion laws are generated. They end up with some pretty unusual stuff but it usually makes for >fun games. I could see objectives like "Fill the bar with welding tanks" "Emag every door on the station" and "Escape with 45 human teeth" as provoking some more interesting chaos than just parapenc4.

>Consider it another way, what about the complaint that not enough players are playing heads of staff? Is the solution to lock latejoining as a head? That doesn't make any sense. Prevent building an AI because not enough people pref and ready for AI?
honestly i'd rather remove latejoining as heads of staff so there's an actual reason to promote people to their respective head roles when heads are missing so you don't have
>sec officer promoted to hos
>2 hours later
>Latejoin mcrandoHoS says "WHY'S MY SHITSTOLEN??????"
defeats the purpose of the whole ordeal

>battle of lil slugger starts playing
>walk into bar
>2562

I don't disagree with that - honestly I hate 1 hour-latejoining as a head because it feels kinda wrong to impose leadership on a department that already got on fine without you. But if I get to a round only say 10 or 15 minutes in I still want to be able to join as a head if it's open.

Maybe we could have a cutoff time.

yeah vampires and changelings who play those roles how you're "supposed" to is shit because we've all seen changeling rounds where they totally subvert sec+command, it's nothing impressive because the hop doesnt even wear an sps half the time or a cmo is acting captain

yeah i'd be alright with that
it'd also fit a little bit better with the revs awkwardness where latejoining heads aren't "included" as part of the heads that must die

F U C K T O X I N S
U
C
K

T
O
X
I
N
S

Does anyone know of any maps that are outdated for renders? I've got these Z levels rendered to send to Pomf:
>Box: main station, mining level
>Deff: main station

bagel has /norenders/ too

I'm seeing all bagel renders as up right now, Packed as well - and the old Bus link was removed

>Walk into virology after helping the CMO with a small rush
>The AI is there with an engineering cyborg
>Walk past them to go back to work as they talk about hiding from the MoMMI
Also, how does one increase the strength of a virus? Do you just set radiation to less than 50 in the incubator and hope?

All of them

>syndie wheelchair memes, minus the wheelchair
really blowing me away CMO

>Get Gooncode
>Offer it in return for cat mask
>Get my wish with 5 seconds left on shuttle
I got trolled.

>tator Ai
>gotta kill marko bomb
>hes making bombs on the outpost
>open the plasma tank he's working on and it spills plasma everywhere as atmos gets fucked
>idea
>disable pressure checks on the vents
>room instantly jumps from 100 kpi to 1000
>he continues his work only to get spattered on a wall the next time he opens a door
>spider drama
>meanwhile someone is hacking a mommi, get a tip off that its been sent to kill me
>turns out it was marko bomb and hes arrested
>SO ITS TREASON THEN
>borg drags me around the station as the gran chase for the rogue mommi takes place
>Mommi stopped
>only for comms to go down
>as the CMO flashes and subverts all the borgs
>they attack me in my cell
>flash him
>"et tu zeta?"
>security officer walks in
>THE BORG ATTACKED ME
>THE AI IS EVIL
>KILL THE BORG
>KILL THE AI
>he looks at the borg
>he looks at me
>looks back at the borg
>decides to kill me
>watch in deadchat as the station is ripped apart by twin singulos
Damn it

*beep is good

It would really help us all out if you could take a fresh look at our maps and see which levels you think are out of date

I think Packed, Bagel, and Meta are as fresh as can be

if its fair to you I didn't trust the borg neither, he got lockered and got nullspaced later on
genuine distrust for silicons has left me jaded, no concern for steel jew life

>trying to get something out of RnD who knows what
>Marko flashes and emags me in the hall in front of everyone
>go kill the AI then do whatever you want

>like 3 people know I'm rouge before I've even had a minute and then he shouts over the radio for me to baguloose
Fuck let me work my magic.

On the maps link in ss13.moe?
Packed and Bagel are missing, and Meta hasn't been updated either as evidenced by the holodeck

>he's figured out that silicons are rogue 99% percent of the time
say :b THE CARBONS KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN

Yes, could you try clearing your cache? I am looking at the renders right now.

This is the link, maybe some people just can't view them for some reason?

Sorry MoMMi, but I was in perma and was once fucked over by a MoMMi that understood of having "fun" is sitting in the MoMMi nest and doing nothing.

In the end, I broke out of perma and baguloosed

More or less. Read the code

reminds me of a round a while back
>traitor engineer
>build all engines with MoMMI buddy
>only the R-UST to go
>get powerglubbs in anticipation of the bigniggawatts of power that are gonna be pumping out in the grid
>decide to emag the MoMMI so we can properly coordinate our efforts
>flash him, take him to a corner to emag, get him a welding mask to cover his eyes
>first thing he says is that the AI has already ratted me out to the HoS
>door opens, flashbang bounces off my head
In the end I managed to escape perma by suiciding then stealing someone's DNA from genetics, but I felt sorry for the MoMMI

I was on vacation as a cargo tech couldn't take your call

>decide to take all the tools from primary and aux tool storage put it on a vendor and sell them for 5 credits each as my shitty gimmick
>everything working fine, even added more stuff like beakers, welding helmets and mugs
>vox traders are jealous of their competition and how automatized i am
>they steal my sales machine
>see vox trader spacewalking with my sales machine
>PDA a cyborg: please eliminate chikiwikilakawakakaboomchakalakawikitakalatuiuiu
>borg does that alright
>hold the body of chikiwikilakawakakaboomchakalakawikitakalatuiuiu and try to ransom it to get my sales vendor back
>the vox aren't accepting my terms
>they flatout tell me they spaced the point of sale
>cut off their counsin head and put it inside of a toilet cistern to never be found
>cyborg finishes what it started
traders were a mistake.

I'm very pleased that the AI ended up dying and a baguloth happened right in front of me. I may have died and at that point I couldn't actively antagonize or fulfill my orders but I feel like I succeeded in the end.

When you get that kind of situation, it's clear the uploads and/or silicon's morality is compromised and you just need to kill and deconstruct/acid all of them because you have no way to keep them in line.

game.ss13.moe/minimaps/
This is the link in pomf's page and the link opened in the game with the button above

I just wanted to be a cat.
It's okay. There were 2 admins until the end, when there were six. I prayed even with the six but I was much less clear with the wish

How'd you guys finally catch that slippery pipe walker?

We can get that changed I think, could you look at the page I listed though?

You gotta understand that shit draws a lot of attention. There's few reasons to have such power so the AI is camping your ass for confirmation

It was making singuloose bags in its nest and an officer jumped it with a laser.

OH, AND I FORGOT
That vox trader saga ended with a trader being beheaded in the upload and two crewmemebers being exiled to the vox station on their ship, what happened to them?

Sure, but those aren't the renders that everybody gets to see on the go.

Bagel and packed are up to date, going by the latest updates. The rest aren't, going by the holodeck mapcheck

The worst part of that was I couldn't just singuloose, I had to try and do it next to the AI and get a 2 for 1 order completion. I should have put up girders like someone said but it was a tough mission.

Yeah, wall shielding the nest is important because they can laser through windows and flashbang lock through girders

One of them jumped out of the vox ship in transit and the clown came back to the station

radgun > wheelchair senpaitachi

Alright great. I will update Box, Deff, and Meta's mainstations on that URL and I've already asked Pomf to look into changing the link

dionas hard counter the radgun hard

Maybe I'll fall back to the classic creatine lube chair next time.

for like any other race the radgun is fine but on diona they're completely immune to any sort of lasting damage from it, so unless you roll them blind/mute/seizures they can just fuck you right up.

Brute also does jack shit to them so I guess the syndiechair wouldn't really do dick either.

gotta go with the egun combo

Doesn't sulfuric acid do burn?

Give em the old pepper

Can't use guns with creatine unfortunately, and creatine makes you immune to stuns which is great for the chair.

Polyacid might do the trick yeah.

With Pomf's help, the website link is updated and as are renders for Boxstation and Deff. You can already go on now and see black medbay on Deff for example.

New Metaclub will be forthcoming

Polyacid does brute. Use weed killer.

Spritz em with lube then welder em

This, there's toxin in the vendors, just mix with water to make plant-b-gone

*sulfuric and poly do brute

before i continue working on it, do people even want high pressure differentials busting windows back?

I do, Pomf. Sounds fun if it doesn't lag the server to hell.

Yeah as a toggle. Having that and walls/floors melting again would be nice for weekend exotic rounds.

And a heads up, without a sustained fire actively on its tile, fuel tanks and glass don't update and burst from pressure/heat

Yeah I've figured that out so far.
>full tile basic windows will never break from fire
great codan

How will that work with the SME?

SME isn't supposed to get that high of a pressure is it

Cross that bridge when we get there.

Make rplasmaglass have no limit I guess.

No, but the R-UST and burn chambers are.

ah yeah.

SME works fine at low pressure. If you want to go nuts, take your plasma stack, some metal, and glass to recyc and make rplasma glass

It's supposed to be walls and doors and you're supposed to carefully ration fuel and the reaction because the engine was designed for an atmospherics system that will melt even reinforced flooring and walls if it gets too hot

I always wondered why I couldn't find a general on the actual Veeky Forums board. They should drop the name altogether, they don't deserve the legacy tbqh

I was going to do a greentext story about my experience on CM as a Researcher but it got longer than two posts so I just put it on a pastebin.

pastebin.com/J7W5czWY

Needless to say, everyone here was right about CM, eerily right.

>implying some of us aren't actually CM veterans
>implying I'm not just actively observing just to shitpost on how fucking unbalanced it is
>implying I'm not austitically helping and providing input to competing servers like it's a proxy war between communism and democracy

And speaking of CM,
>Letting your ship's scuttle/self-destruct system be connected to an external APC
>Ship reactors being that small or inextensive

>Two blobs
>Clown inspection
>Shard memes
Why isn't vampstened normally this fun

>Be ERT
>Accidentally name myself capslock enabled
>Help hunt down blob, then clown vampire
>Clown ambassador comes
>Hurriedly switch into clown gear, pretend to be clown ERT
>Be a clown rest of shift
ERT must be willing to do what the station demands of it.

!fun! busses made it all possible
based admemes

>Go to Vox trader to offer to take him to Syndie vault
>Shake his hand and say hello
>He is talking in birb
>His pAI starts shooting after he talks in birb
>Insta crit as Diona
>Somehow not dead, and get up like 1 second later
>Light his ass up
>His pAI lights me up some more
>His pAI is just shit and mislicked initially.

Deport all Vox desu.

Sounds more like we should deport all PAIs instead of vox

>>Letting your ship's scuttle/self-destruct system be connected to an external APC
>>Ship reactors being that small or inextensive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_(film)

Once again I'm sorry about that, for whatever reason you're autolinked to the trigger when you get slotted in as a pAI and have to disconnect first to be able to safely use your fucking mouse again, you'd think for safety and to avoid this exact situation you'd have to manually connect first but nope, I was about to apologise and try and explain the accident too but then I remembered I was speaking bird by default and needed to change and then you shot the boss and things just went to shit. Seriously though why do you auto connect to the trigger when you get put in a smart gun? It's retarded as hell and in this situation literally got 2 people killed because you get no notification on if you're linked or unlinked when you're initially slotted in, the only way to check is to click or mash Z to toggle

>Be botany, time to set up for an hour and pray
>Nearly freeze early on because the other botanist accidentally mutated his lol weed to make the place 251K
>He beats himself to death in shame, ok sure
>Splicing and dicing
>Make bananas that glow red and cure headaches
>Make cinnamon that prevents hypothermia and hallucinations
>Make apples that can be distilled into nutritious oxycodone moonshine with the push of a button
>Two overminds, I sleep
>Clown ambassador, real shit
>Greet the ambassador with piles of bananas and moonshine
>Clown around with the HoS, the ambassador, an ERT and the fake clown ERT until the ambassador is fat and drunk
>METEORS METEORS METEORS METEORS METEORS
>Get ZASed through the mulebot door in botany while trying to pick mushrooms
>But I made peridax opium sugarcane so it's fine
>Get badtouched by a blob while trying to recover my life's work that I left in a locker in the hall
>Flee a rapidly encroaching blob through the service department
>Ride the shuttle home on a nice oxy high

Good round.

It happens lol.

For the same reason people don't know unlock cover exists. Because they're too dumb to live

>pAI
>shoot

How is this possible?

You jam them into a smart laser gun.

This should be a buildable thing

Maid janitor alt title when?

When you feature request it

makes no sense

>inb4 someone accuses the suggestion to be for erp

Just merge the pr that was already up for this

Big Stupid Poz Gimp Cumslut head of security alt title when
cause we're mature gamers whomst dense roleplay all day