/xgg/ - Xenogames General #110

Bit weird edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it.
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XB2 official guidebook (JP)
e-hentai.org/g/1173720/967f7b795d/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/hbD8EEKQ

>OP (For new threads)
pastebin.com/pEC894BK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any Xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/964334809374801920
mega.nz/#!osQ3lCaT
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J2x0OAxhOyxJexgT70igRCfgDTqa7cGFOo8lihUilMA/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>13 days till NG+

Just posting this as a reminder for drawfriend when he gets the chance

>want to get both pyra and mythra figs
>each one is like 20k yen before shipping

>There are people who will pay 2000$ for a piece of plastic

twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/964334809374801920
NG+ Update has been delayed until the first week of March

Fully tagged version of the latest soundtrack rip. Everything is ordered by chronological appearance and categorized into cutscenes, area, battle themes and misc.
mega.nz/#!osQ3lCaT
!O9crZr2AFFk3LYKFwPyGrS8SL8eC-Sv9v7PleokBBKg

I was on the border for the Pyra figure since she's meh but now that we've seen Mythra I really want the set. Especially since the series won't get any other merc ever.
Since the soundtrack and all those voice lines are out, does this mean we get all that delicious Ardanian soldier in glorious HQ rip form?

>125 tracks
>I'm just replaying counterattack over and over

>only want mythra
>looks dumb without them both

>inb4 your ship is canon poster

Don't care, I want an Adenine figure that defies physics.

Do these figmas ever go out of sale?

Who's the bozo who keeps playing undocked?

>20k yen
>2k usd
user…

And we're yuuu

I'll wait for Pnuema.

>Pyra and Mythra
>Figma
Don't thumb your nose at people for not knowing exchange rates when you can't even identify a brand.

OVA YUR

Things like this should be in the OP. Just saying.

>Do these figmas ever go out of sale?
>figmas
That stupidity aside. Since these are GSC exclusive, they are making to an order.

What's it like being retarded user?

What's wrong with undocked screenshots?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J2x0OAxhOyxJexgT70igRCfgDTqa7cGFOo8lihUilMA/edit#gid=0
Should the blades tier list be updated? The criteria for how points are determined is pretty nebulous and cons include irrelevant things like how hard the affinity chart is to fill out.
Also Adenine is classed as the worst blade in the game in the healer category despite being one of the best DPS.

dear god

You gonna put it on youtube? all my OSTs are on youtube for convenience...

Upscaling I'm guessing.

I think they already are.

>Using google
VS.
>Being an nth level weaboo

I've listened to all both Xenoblade OSTs a dozen times. It's amazing how you can't get sick of them.

Shoot. That makes them limited edition?

I made the mistake of confusing nendoroids with funko pops. I felt like a fucking idiot bashing something that I knew nothing about. turns out I love nendos and I want them
but they are expensive and not usually of the characters I want.

And you'll have to buy the inevitable Pneuma figure, too

It's all the same shit. It's dolls, no matter what weeb shit you want to call it.
You clearly don't know what a jay peg is.
The OST has been up on youtube forever.

What's the instrumental Drifting Soul called?

Nope, I'm not seeing anything wrong.

wait, seriously? made to order is a thing for figures now, finally?
Jeez it's about time

>inevitable

>Shoot. That makes them limited edition?
Yes. Order them while they are up since I "think" that they won't bin.

Imagine her going around fucking with people's body just because she's pissed.

yeah but this is new, right? some new tracks, some full rips or whatever..
>It's amazing how you can't get sick of them.
masunori or whatever his name is is an absolute master of that, which is damn important for RPGs since you sit and listen to some tracks endlessly.
I think it's about making each song go in different places

Link died user.

Yeah the new rips are on there.

>masunori or whatever his name is is an absolute master of that
Which only makes it that much more confusing that Temperantia is fucking insufferable from the moment you first go there.

See

it's not that bad. It's just not great
also did he do EVERY Track? surely not. That one sounds like something from X.

how do idea points work?

placebo

The problem with Temperentia is that it's fitting for the 5 minutes you have to actually go there but if you want to do all the optional content here you're stuck with this high intensity song that never lets up once. A lot of things about Temperentia are pretty bizzare actually, feels like it was added late in the development cycle.

Pretty fun, nice knowing I'm not perfect.

Nia puts on a tough facade but deep down is to nice to just give people super cancer. Probably just tell you to put yur head up yur arse

Mythra, on the other hand will level towns just because she’s on her period.

Is is not on the OST at all?

It isn't.

To me it feels like it was just that they ran out of things to add. You can see a lot of places where that happened. I actually applaud them for going for lots of areas for lots-of-areas' own sake, when clearly the amount of content in the game didn't warrant it.
to me it feels like a place that was a big part of the original story as written, and then it turned out they couldn't code the titan weapon battles so they just had you fight on top of one and fight its turret, but they'd made the models so they put them all around and kept the important story aspects of them.

as for the music, it's the same situation with elysium post endgame. I miss its peaceful feel but after you go that far it's allll urgency

Isn't that a gamefaqs fanfic?

>hey user, we got you that fig from that blonde girl from that game you really like

>stage 5 anime eyes

I'd honestly appreciate it for the Ah! My Goddess nostalgia

>You Will Recall Our Names

Is that the real name of the track?

This is my wife, Nia. I'm monitoring this thread very closely on her behalf, so I had better not see any bullying going on in here.

You're boring, weak, and your fanbase is awful.

Don't do this to me, I like Kassandra too.

Ye have ta go back.

Even more proof that Nia's fanbase is terrible, they can't even spell the name of a blade they like properly.

Sorry, I had Soul Calibur on the brain.

I wish Kas would bully me

Kas is a nice girl why would she bully you?

How did the whole soundtracks get mined from the game and not include that?

Kas is a witch, WITCH!

Can't wait for NG+ to do a Rex/Nia only run

Please take her clothes off, her vagina is getting sweaty.

Alright autism ahead but here's how I would fix Temperentia.
Keep the story segment mostly the same, but expand on Judicium and how exactly it fell, because I must have missed that. Also make the Ruins of Judicium actual ruins, because I sure can't find any. For that matter, add a few ruins throughout the continent, to make it feel like an actual place where people lived, and not just some random hellscape in the middle of the cloud sea.
Small nitpick, but make the Lost Capital Judicium skip travel not a secret area, because it's not exactly hidden in the first place, and doesn't feel at all like a separate area from the rest of the ruins.
As previously mentioned, dial down the music a bit. Maybe add some segments that give a "ruined civilization" feel.
Make it more clear what animal it's based on. Its skip travel art sorta looks like a manta ray but it's not reflected well in game, especially when taking into account the whole out of bounds area beyond the great wall.
Add some color. More poison rivers. More of those bright flowers that can be found near the poison rivers.
Make the terrain more uneven. More of those jagged spikes, and areas like the crevasse and that crater in the north east.
Add Urayan garrison.
And last but not least, have a titan weapon superboss.

At least it's not Tantal's lower level of bad.

I’m gonna send Pyra on Merc Missions so I can be with bae.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nia's group is named.

The Sore Losers.

>As previously mentioned, dial down the music a bit. Maybe add some segments that give a "ruined civilization" feel.
Even just adding a calmer night theme would improve it immensely.

Enjoy no Driver combos ever.

>As previously mentioned, dial down the music a bit. Maybe add some segments that give a "ruined civilization" feel.
For real. Maybe that music is fine for the first time you go there, because you're trying to stop that titan weapon, but visits after that boss battle should have different music

>>For that matter, add a few ruins throughout the continent
>the fucking chapter padding where shitkids steal your core crystal and run off
>OUR VILLAGE GOT DESTROYED IN THE WAR, WE WANT REVENGE
>already know there isn't any ruins to seek out for worldbuilding because the game just tells instead of showing these details
Same with "the rebel zone" in Mor Ardain. Christ, Uraya felt like a fucking grand design of world building because I found a village and later found a capital city.

I actually liked Temperentia a lot, it had a lot of cool weird shit to find and I value that a lot in Xenoblade. Stuff like the Igna throne, the demon worship area etc are entertaining to come across. Do wish the music calmed down when you returned, though.

>Xenoblade 2 is now the Awakening of the series
Never thought I see the day when a Xenoblade game would become popular.

>Fall from cliff as Zeke
>"NOT AGAAAAIIIINNNN"
o-oh

Catty Company ;)

There's a Siren one as well?

The potential was always there, it just finally had a release that wasn't hampered by localization shenanigans or a poorly selling console.

But unlike Awakening, the gameplay is actually one of the better in the franchise

Nia is break: the character until Tora get big boy Poppi, then Rex gets the rest. It's doable but you'd need to use Roc and that's awful.
That happened to me too and I was like "I know that feel, Zeke." All the unfortunate things that happen to him remind me of my life, minus a boulder and with smaller cliffs.
>Rex dies
>That was POORLY judged
>Mythra says "AGAIN?"
Yeah I do it like four times an hour bitch get used to it.

>>the fucking chapter padding where shitkids steal your core crystal and run off
Yeah, that sucked. The intent was obviously to hammer the point that blades lose their memories when they return to their core crystal but the execution left much to be desired. Why didn't they just put a miasma in Mor Ardain?

>the final chorus of Counterattack
>it starts once, then starts again in a higher key

Awesome.

Oh, okay. I thought you were doing a solo Rex run with Nia as your only Blade.

Judging as it's made by Kotobukiya it'll be a plastic model kit, in other words it'll be a box full of parts that you have to put together your damn self. I bought the Xenoblade X Formula Skell one and despite having no experience with plastic model kits managed to assemble it in an afternoon.

>counterattack pauses when mythra uses foresight in chapter 3
>resumes when foresight ends
I love shit like this.

I'd hope he's not planning on that. Since he has to get passed the halfway point of the game to be able to do that. And by that point in the game you almost never need a healing blade. But he's obviously a madman so maybe he'll do it.

well here's the thing, it's kind of realistic that important shit from the past is.. important only in the past. Judicium is a fucking dump and that makes sense. It's just disappointing
It's also disappointing how they set up this big war and then... eh, peace. but at the same time, that was fun. I loved watching prince shota being all diplomatic

>Pyra tells Rex very plainly that Mythra is stronger than her
>In reality Pyra's raw power far exceeds Mythra's across the board, Mythra's advantage is actually speed

Why the fuck did they lie to the player like this?

>well here's the thing, it's kind of realistic that important shit from the past is.. important only in the past
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

You think she really would burn her?

He said NG+, so I think that you'd be able to do that since the devs are prioritizing fun over story integration in that.

Crit recharge makes Mythra the far superior choice in combat to Pyra in just about every way. Even if individual attacks do less damage, that doesn't matter when the attacks never stop.

Poppi made promise

Mythra has the ability to spam arts on crits over and over. Pyra does not

If this is a model kit, I hope it has better colour apps than the Formula. There's literally two bits of orange on it, and Siren is looking too good to be true. And do we have any idea about it's size?

Could be a multi channel file, you just remove the vocal channel.

Siren actually looks decent unlike the Pyra/Mythra figures. If it's self assembled maybe it might be cheaper since the price is kind of turning me off.