/scg/edg/ #who the fuck knows: dead space edition

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Elite Dangerous is currently on v2.4 "The Return" - now with more ayys.
The 3.0 beta is now over and the next expansion named "Beyond" is on the way. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
The starports are allegedly more difficult to repair than they were to build in the first place so don't expect them back online anytime soon.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=6KvTDeHlIfIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KvTDeHlIfI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AiUzDb3lF18
dualshockers.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-staff-475-employees/
community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5a212339e2169204573ec830
logitechg.com/en-us/product/x56-space-flight-vr-simulator-controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shitposting intermission

youtube.com/watch?v=AiUzDb3lF18

Shitposting?

Let's say that I'm crazy and want to equip my Federal Corvette with two Huge healing beam lasers. Would I be better off with two regeneration sequence lasers or mixing one concordant beam laser with one regeneration beam laser?

Good lord finally unlocked Palin and got G5 DDs but holy shit it was a fucking quest to do.

Not only are you cockblocked by several retarded to unlock engineers, you also have to travel 5k lys away which is at least 100 jumps in a DBX.

But holy shit out-turning a sidewinder in a python feels really fucking good.

Regeneration stacks with itself and is based on weapon damage I think. Concordance doesn't stack and only effects how fast the shield regenerates.

So if your going with 2 hueg healing lasers then do double regeneration.

I'm still on fuck face Marco. Where did you get your modular terminals from?

Passenger missions

Any location in particular?

Get your shit in gear you piece of shit!

Anywhere that doesn't have a lot of options of places to go will allow you to more easily stack passengers for one destination... mainly shitholes in the middle of nowhere like sothis/ceos.
But since you only need 7 missions total at 4 commodities each, you could just take what you find anywhere and hop from station to station.

dualshockers.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-staff-475-employees/

Worth noting that regen effectiveness is cut by the same factor as damage if the target has power in SYS. Concordant applies a regen buff that is unaffected by SYS distribution and only needs to be reapplied every few seconds with a single shot. Concordant's bonus is too small relative to regen though.

It seems like concordance is more like the oh shit I shot that asshole python that flew in front of me laser while regen is straight heal bitch mode.

Now if only there was a way to generate more threat on enemy ships we could have true holy trinity mmo gameplay.

Threat is whoever is hitting them the hardest and most recently.

>Running cargo
>Get to destination system
>Destination planet is 490,000 Ls away
>Jettison Cargo and leave.

>implying anyone falls for this now that station distance is in the mission brief

>mmo babies intent on ruining ED further

You guys don't understand,

CIG is finished, they only have $178,358,889 left and won't last 90 days top, their contract with Crytek (the owner of the engine they loaned for a tax rebate) force them to exclusively make Squadron 42 & Star Citizen in a 32bit game called Space Citizen, and they'll pay huge fine because they gave VOIP company full access to Lumberyard deepest machine code.

It's all smoke and mirror!
They used volumetric smoke to hide the blatant nebula skybox in the S42 vertical cut!
And the procedural city is just mirrored building to make you think there's more than ten thousand of them.

The Homestead demo was just GO PRO footage made in a desert with bad Augmented Reality ship and worms added. They prerendered everything, the sight from space, the looping terrain loading screen while they load the 4x4km ground-map, even the skybox where you see the prerendered sun, planet and space station orbiting around the flat map.
You can see how railroaded and small it really is when the Constellation try to move out of the flight corridor and fake turbulence force it back to the landing pad. Without it you would notice the 2D mountains sprite.

The 3.0 full release don't even have gameplay, ship physics, walking on ground, moving box, 3D planets, every games can do that!

Wake up sheep! You can trust me I have a leak in Concierge's private Evocati group.

>Incoming Enemies mission alert
>New contact appears in supercruise near the star
>It's a Cobra MkIV
>I'm in a Python with three Pacifiers and two medium frag cannons, all engineered
>I can out-turn and fly circles around this guy
>My normal cruising speed is higher than his maximum boost speed, even
>He wouldn't even survive one volley from my cannons

I'm kind of insulted to be honest.

mkiv was a mistake

It's a great NPC ship in that the game treats it like a medium threat in terms of reward, yet its flight model renders it completely harmless.

Are there any new ships coming in the ED update?

Alliance Chieftain.
Probably Krait later on.

>healing beams

please tell me this shit isn't in ED now

it's remotely recharging their shields

It is.
It was capable of outhealing station damage some time ago, not sure about now.

Shield regeneration beams and hull repair limpets.

Stations and the upcoming ATR have cascade weapons now, so the shield generator just pops in seconds.

>Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
Theres still a few Aegis lab stations yet to be attacked.

Who cares about atr.
They hit like a truck, but that's not a problem as they are extremely retarded. Don't think that this is going to change when 3.0 goes live.

It's not like anything unique or interesting is going to happen when murderdaisies will reach the bubble.
Maybe another "haul 9999999999 tons of guardian tech" cg or a new recolor of the interceptor is going to appear.

Its just a mistake in the OP I was pointing out.
I'm expecting once the murderflowers kill all the Aegis labs without any completed repairs we'll get some off screen event about them launching a massive assault on the rest of the stations in the Pleiades and then biowaste hauling CGs to fortify the bubble.

I expect some sort of community event where countless 3.5 pilots are going to prevent the inevitable destruction of the bubble with the unhealthy injection of handvavium helping them.

>tfw fdad run out of cash and just have the Thargoids kill everything when they hit the bubble and shut the servers down

Actual starports or just outposts?

We're clearly not meant to repair them. Building one from scratch takes 1mil resources in any combination of three types. These repairs are calling for many times that much, many different types and specific amounts of each.

Or someone is retarded.
Look at past cgs with unreasonable goals.

Starports, the Thargoids are only hitting stations on this list community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5a212339e2169204573ec830

Theres actual Aegis starports that aren't on that list that haven't been attacked/

>Building one from scratch takes 1mil resources in any combination of three types
My bet is that its stealth weapons development and thats why they're after all of the rare energy control commodities. That and Fdev thought the community would care.

Aegis can go fuck themselves. I dropped in on one of those non-dockable structures they copy/pasted from CQC and got attacked by Aegis ships there for snooping.

That turned out to be a bug because Fdev are too retarded to think about whats in the systems they're plopping stations and factions in.

>m-muh 10 years of quality updates

>people actually bought the lifetime suckers pass

You really shouldn't have fun at their expense.
Having fun at the expense of disabled people isn't right.

>not backing during the kickstarter to get lifetime expansion pass for the same price as the base game + horizons turned out to cost, and getting 50% cheaper ship insurance forever

>ED players making fun of £150 lifetime pass
>SC dads vigorously defending $500 jpegs

>backing kickstarters

I happily laugh at both

>paying money to make the game easier

It's not like any of those people could be considered mentally healthy.
Oh, and don't forget the bile they fling at each other.

logitechg.com/en-us/product/x56-space-flight-vr-simulator-controller
>This update to the X56 takes multiple steps to further protect against ESD with the result that it is now in line with Logitech’s standards (and well above standard compliance requirements). This should prevent the axis/button failures that some people have experienced.
>There are other improvements, the main points being:
>An improved manufacturing method for the spring on the twist axis to prevent early wear and improve centering of the twist
>Tooling updates to further assist with the centering of the twist (plus fit and finish improvements elsewhere)
>A new wiring harness for the twist axis in the stick and improved soldering process that prevents twist axis failures

I'll be laughing when SC & SQ42 are out, I'll have spent only $45 while the $1000000 whale admiral will discover they don't actually have power over CR to make them king because he already have their moneys.

>£150 for over 4 years of content is a bad deal

Ok poorfag.

So far you've had one year of content over 4 years

£80 through kickstarter iirc, plus the cheaper insurance

What else was in that package?

Where is this "content"?
Game is still barebones and broken mess.
I really want it to become something good, but I'm not really sure that I'm going to buy their next season pass or their anything at all.

You also got to start the game with a Cobra MkIII instead of a Sidewinder, plus a free Eagle in a hangar in Eravate.

Guessing it came with the base game too?

The free ships? No. Backers only.

No I mean did the £80 package come with the base game.

The £80 package came with the base game and lifetime expansions.

But it took them 4 years to create, so it's 4 years of content. Are you implying that you would be able to deliver what they did under a shorter amount of time? Why don't you go ahead and try if you're such a gold mine of game development efficiency? I'm sure many angry players would happily give you monies and start complaining about YOUR game if you give them the chance to.

> Where is this "content"?

In the game buddy.
Ships are content.
Systems are content.
Stars are content.
Stations are content.
The Galaxy is content.
Landable Planets are content.
Non Landable Planets are still content.
Gas Giants are content too.
Thargoids are content.
Trading is content.
Powerplay is content.
Mining is content.
Surface outposts are content.
Thargoid bases are content.
Community Goals are content.

You may not enjoy any of it, but it's still content.

Thats reasonable. I wouldn't support a kickstarter anyway but if you are eighty quid for the game and all of the expansions in the future is a fine deal

How did you get off the forums dad?

There's a lifetime pass?

all i see in the store is ship paint jobs and shit

>Everyone who likes this game I dislike is a forum dad!

Sure thing kiddo, isn't it past your bed time?

No longer sold

does ed 3.0 come with the horizons season pass or nah?

Yup, mostly just ships since most of the updates will be free.

>The 3.0 beta is now over and the next expansion named "Beyond" is on the way. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons

Ahh cool, cos horizons is 50% off on steam, might look into getting that to get back into the game

Post sc 3.0

ed 3.0 vs ed 3.0

k go

At this price it's more than worth it if you are even remotely into exploration. When it came out I immediately went on an exploration trip and got to the center for the first time, obviously while taking screenshots along the way. While just trying to drive the SRV at full speed and trying to match the engine boost to land smoothly on downhills is already fun enough on it's own, the visuals you get while doing it are something else.

Horizons mildly improves the space trucking and surface assaults will hold your interest long enough to feel like they were worth your cash

here comes dat patriarch

>Ships are content.
Seeing how most of my game time I'm staring at the loading screens, I don't really think so.

>Systems are content.
>Stars are content.
>Stations are content.
>The Galaxy is content.
>Landable Planets are content.
>Non Landable Planets are still content.
>Gas Giants are content too.
Nope. Those are pretty screenshots material.
There is no way to interact with them in a meaningful way. If you have seen one, you have seen them all.
Except landings, those were just barely passable as content. Unfun and unengaging.

>Thargoids are content.
Welcome to 20yo jrpgs with enemy recolors.
Now with 300% more handwavium!

>Trading is content.
Barebones and lazy, even with 3.0 improvements. If I'll want to do space trading, I'll go play X.

>Powerplay is content.
AHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHHAHA

>Mining is content.
I still want to murder someone after remembering unlocking Selene Jean.

>Surface outposts are content.
Seen one - seen them all.

>Thargoid bases are content.
Seen one seen them all.

>Community Goals are content.
And they are all the same. Grindy, unfun excuses for an actual community events. Yay, I guess.

Sc maybe?

It's like choosing between shit and piss.

Damaged station evacuation got me 30 modular terminals in 15 minutes.

Sorry lads, I've become a repair dad, soon I'll be o7ing you all in mobius.

o7, cmdr
Fly safe :)

Right on CMDR!

What ship are you using? Do you ever let your wife's son fly it?

Flying my anaconda CMDR, no weapons because I don't play in modes with psychopaths! Sometimes he does but today I took Jamal jr to a museum while his father satisfied my wife so he was all tuckered out.

Whoa there CMDR, how many data deliveries did it take you to afford that?! I'm still in my good ol cobra mk3 and don't really see a reason to upgrade

It took years of effort but thanks to the help of Jamal jr, the forums and my £150 lifetime expansion pass I made it!

>Seeing how most of my game time I'm staring at the loading screens
False

>Nope. Those are pretty screenshots material.
Still content.

>Welcome to 20yo jrpgs with enemy recolors.
Still content.

>Barebones and lazy, even with 3.0 improvements. If I'll want to do space trading, I'll go play X.

Still content. Go play X.

>AHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHHAHA
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

See, I can do that too.

>I still want to murder someone after remembering unlocking Selene Jean.
Seems like you take video games very seriously if this is true.

>Seen one - seen them all.
Still content.

>Seen one seen them all.
Still content.

>And they are all the same
And they're still content.

It's not the game's fault you dont like any of it bro. Face the facts and move on, you just do not enjoy a genuinely enjoyable game while the rest of us do enjoy it. Your repetitive regurgitated "critique" of the game implying it has no "content" is fucking retarded. This game has tons of content, you just dont like any of it.

>while the rest of us
eat a dick

E:D hater kids are a minority bud. Vocal children always seem like they are more numerous but they are always a tiny minority of lifeless losers who spend time complaining about stuff other people create instead of creating stuff on their own. The sooner you face this fact the sooner you will be able to stop thinking your hatred of the game is valid in any way.

Just move on to something else man.

I am playing X2 right now, yeah. I think I'll continue not playing ed at least until q4 update.

If this game is so much better than E:D what are you doing posting in this thread about a game that you think wont be good until a feature update? Shouldnt you be immersed in this game's infinite and enjoyable content?

Hmmmmm....could it be because Elite Dangerous is actually the superior space sim?

you forgot cqc, friend

I wandered in there while I was looking at Veeky Forumss catalog.

Holy shit that's right, I forgot Multicrew also. I'm still sad about the fact that I could not find a game of CQC more than once or twice when it first came out because the fast pace action around tiny bases is amazing. They really should give decent credit rewards for CQC matches so that plebs and credit driven players can fill up the lobbies a bit.

What a retarded nigger. Static objects that don't interact with anything are not fucking content you window licking mong. That's like going to Ikea and trying to flex on everyone with shit tier furniture you don't own.
This game is boring as fuck and the only redeeming quality is getting nerfed into oblivion with the PvP changes. If there is no chance of players interdicting you because of the stupid bounty system, the last bit of challenge has been removed and they should call it "Average: Reasonably Safe"

You can interact with ships.
You can interact with stations.
You can interact with stars.
You can interact with planets.
You can interact with thargoids.

Guess it's all content after all! Stay mad kiddo.

The scale in VR is... weird.

The Hauler is HUGE compared to what it seems like without VR. The station objects (Interior) seem far too small, and the coffee Brewer in the federal ships seem to be made for Ajit Pai's giant Reese's mug.

Is this just a problem with my FoV?

What the fuck does any of that matter if it's boring as fuck and has no meaning or contributes nothing to the larger game? It's literally time sinks with no real accomplishment or meaning. At least in a rpg, you get experience and unlock new things to do as you go. Once you have completed the tutorial in ED, you completed the game,, because there is literally nothing to do that you can't do in the tutorial.

The hauler is massive, theres just very little things to scale it against.

What HMD?