/domg/ - Dominions General

Archaic Dominators

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes over a period of 10 years. One of them might be YOUR teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=1WorldGame
illwinter.com/dom/order.html
pastebin.com/ZScrVZnn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ah, yes, it is supposed to be this one for the previous thread.

Ermor has taken this thread already.

Has anyone actually played Dominions or Doms 2?

I kinda want to buy them to see the roots of the series.

Anyone want to play a doms 1 / 2 game?....

Can we even?

I tried to play Dominions PPP recently but it was really glitchy on my computer, don't think that it is the fault of the site I downloaded it from, maybe I should have tried to experiment with some stuff on my computer before deleting it. I did like some stuff like intro with moving title and some other neat interface things.

Did you not buy it from illwinter directly?

Also does anyone know if regeneration the spell will stack with the undying bless for EA Mictlan Jags ?

Remember to join this EA game if you have free time to spare llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=1WorldGame

Can you even do that? They sure hid the option well on their site if you can. I learned about Dominions fairly recently and gave money to them for Dom 4 and 5 already.

Im picking a nation.

Also rate my god?

illwinter.com/dom/order.html

The site looks like a page from the 90's so I dont really blame you, also they sell it through a humble bundle apparently?

Yeah, i've been playing super casually since 3.

I just got into MP for real during 5.

Three domscore seems too low. As EA Mict you can pump out a lot of temple checks, but if you're not totally trashing your scales you'll want to make more than three sacreds per fort. I would lower Earth to 3 or 4 and go up in Dom. A generic mage might be a better chassis for a full rainbow, too, because I think the Smoking Mirror is 20 points for each new path.

Not a big expert but seems pretty nasty. Though some Mictlan blessrushers would probably say that it's not that good without incarnate Pretender and blesses with absolutely tanked scales.

So that's the additional Bless points mechanic in action (with you having 7 Blood points despite having only 5 in B magic)? How many other nations besides Mictlan (EA?) and Agartha (MA?) have it?

Yeah he's more expensive by something like 12 points, but for the added luck events if I can make the build fit with him I think it'll pay out.

I was wondering more about taking the res blesses as opposed to defense / attack / swiftness mods.

I mean I COULD test this all myself but i'm lazy as fuck and i'd rather have other peoples experience spoon fed to be.

I think attack and defense skill is better than fire and cold res, shock res is better than swiftness though. Shock damage is usually AN so the resistance is all the protection you'll have from it, making it more valuable.

I see. Well, I already pirated it and looked at those neat dominion candles in the creation menu. Illwinter can't stop me, muhahaha.

Yeah thats the bless points in effect, +1 fire + 2 blood.

Late game I was planning on tossing down lots of evocations depending on my enemies resistances, I have the mages to do it but I want to take less attrition than normal on the big AOE stuff.

There really isn't a lot of water evocations anyhow though.

Would it be bad taste to write and post an aar for a non-domg game here? I've always wanted to write one.

Upload it to a blog or something and post the link.

Write it here. For the bumps.

Are all the nations going to start in their normal spots? With only half the max players that might leave some people really close and give others too much space.

Joining as Caelum

I was thinking this too. Maybe open some more spots and just see how many people you can get involved. Otherwise Europe is gonna be a cluster fuck and the rest of the world will be empty

How to fix EA Ermor
>Bishop of the sacred Shroud is no longer cap only
>Flamen now have a 50% chance for +1 fire
>Augur now have a 50% chance for +1 fire or astral
>Augur Elder's second random path roll increased to 25% from 10%.

How to fix Tir na'Nog
>Fir Bolg Druid now recruitable from forests (requires lab)
Becaue it is in their description that they're magic hobos who wander forests. Why the hell not.
>New spell that remotely summons a Sidhe Lord with 10 Tuatha warriors set to hide in a target province. Costs 25 Air, max range of 5 provinces. Cannot target UW.
Because ambushing people is a very elfy thing to do

How to fix Marverni
>Monster Boar, Sounder of Boars, and Contact Boar of Carnutes are now all Conjuration 0
Mass boars aren't particularly good in dom5, so there's literally no reason why they should be locked at such high research requirements.

How to fix Sauromatia
>Soothsayer now costs 1 commander point
Because 2 commander points for an indie-tier almost-S1 is retarded.

How to fix Kailasa
>All markata units have their upkeep reduced to 1/year and now have the trait "need not eat"
They're way overpriced for chaff that all die within 2 turns. They need to be cheaper to be usable at all.

How to fix Yomi
>Units with Spirit Form now passively remove afflictions (slow rate, like immortality).
They can reform a new body after getting killed, it would only make sense that they can regrow body parts.
Also Yomi sucks so they need a buff.

How to fix Hinnom
>Bonus +2 bless points for Blood
Bonus bless points mechanic should be used more often.

How to fix Mekone
>All Gigantes units now have kick
They suck at fighting.

How to fix Ur
>All Enkidu units now have a gore attack
Because their troops are fat and stupid and weak and fat. Giving them an extra attack may make them slightly more useful.

>How to fix Tir na'Nog
>>Fir Bolg Druid now recruitable from forests (requires lab)
>Becaue it is in their description that they're magic hobos who wander forests. Why the hell not.
This is pretty useless

>>New spell that remotely summons a Sidhe Lord with 10 Tuatha warriors set to hide in a target province. Costs 25 Air, max range of 5 provinces. Cannot target UW.
>Because ambushing people is a very elfy thing to do
This is broken (at least at that price).

What TNN needs is some addition to their pathetic path diversity. Give Bean Sidge and extra 25% or 50% AWEN so they can roll the critical 2E for Earth Boots. Give either the Fir Bolg Druids or the Ri a chance for 1F so you don't need to rely on Lugh showing up. And give TNN's Fir Bolgs some helmets, maybe at a slightly higher res cost from the Fomorian ones.

Really though, TNN is mid tier in EA, it's Eriu that needs help badly.

Is there a point to reposting these same ideas every thread?

People have pointed out why they're not good, and you have yet to respond to any of it.

pastebin.com/ZScrVZnn

Had a busy week so I forgot to upload it, absolutely WIP version of an attempt at rebalancing LA R'lyeh so armageddon spam isn't the only way forward.

>chaff no longer requires upkeep
>void gate gets increased chance to summon
>you can now summon smaller void gates called void rifts in your own provinces as an Alt2 ritual
>void gate now gives 2 pearls (to counterbalance that you will be spending quite a few summoning void rifts) This one is already up on the chopping block and I'll probably lower the spell cost instead.

Feel free to test it and say how much and in what ways it's absolute shit.

Xib and Shinu

I suggest like 4 things to fix TNN last time you posted this or so, and you come back with this remote summon spell.

alright.

Of all your suggestions, the easier access to E2 was something I wanted to add, but Veeky Forums's 2k character limit per post prevented me from adding it.
Meanwhile I genuinely think the fir bolg forest recruit change is something that makes sense based on the background info provided about the unit (although is would have a negligible effect on the nation's strength), while I wanted to see how people would respond to the remote spell suggestion.

I adjust the suggestions based on previous replies.
Which suggestions are you talking about?

It sounds more logical to Eriu, whose Tuathans are a bunch of guys who returned from another world to try it again, while Tir na n'Og has all of its Tuatha in its capital.

I played Dom:PPP demo, which convinced me to buy Dom2 when it came out. In the end, it's in a sense the same game (it's just that there's 16 factions instead of 85 something) but looking at it now, the UI would render it virtually unplayable. Having to assign research for individual mages, this sort of thing.

Basically the only think I would miss from the original is scales being visible on the map (although Dom5 kinda does it now too with winter overlay) and in Dom2 there's a cool idea of special dominions you could purchase, both generic ones like Desert Sun (EA Abysia heat spread dominion in Dom3 and beyond) as well as nation-specific "themes". For example, order/productivity Pangaea could purchase New Era special dominion while magic scales would allow them to pick Carrion Woods theme (making the nation play like LA Pan/Asphodel respectively). I think splitting themes into separate factions is overall better (especially considering the new stuff they have gained to distinguish each other) both in terms of gameplay and worldbuilding, but it was a cool idea.

I have played all Dominions games.

Dom PPP had a battle simulator (a pretty basic one) that got discontinued in the newer versions.

Summon lesser elemental needed no gems, so it was uber. Elemental & demon royalty were not unique, you could field a dozen father illearth.

I think the remote summon is ok, but it's more of just the same for the elves - stealth raider parties that appear in random spots.

They'd need something different.

Sauro, Kailasa, Mekone, and Marveni are exactly the same as last time you posted, and I'm sure people were criticizing them.

>Will these two unrelated and different buffs stack?
The answer is always yes.

So, does this seem fairly well balanced?

Warhammer mod if you must know.

Horrifically overpowered. It's literally the Dryad from Pan but on steroids, cheaper and doesn't require gearing up

It's shit, give it 2D too

And 1 commander point too.

Why does an 80g assassin need F1E2N4H1?

>80 gold
>7 points in paths
>fucking 4 points in a single path
>also sacred so it´s even cheaper maintenance
>also great stats
>good equipment

As far as I´ve heard all of the Warhammer mod is a horribly overpowered mess, so that guy might be balanced against the rest of the mod. But against vanilla nations it´s fucking brutally overpowered on every single aspect.

It might be cap-only. That would be a bit less horribly overpowered.

>80g
>def 16
>2 magical attacks
>sacred
>assassin
>everything survival
>F1E2N4H1
>full slots

I don't know from what version your screencap is, but I remember they used to be way more broken, then got nerfed (but nowhere near enough). I remember playing them in a /domg/ game pre-nerf and their Grey Seers could hit S8D7X3 (replace X with 2-3 other paths) at the same time, and usually ended up having at least 2 in 4-5 paths (for a 450g non-StR cap only mage).

It's not cap only, but recruitable everywhere.
Nothing else in Warhammer mod comes quite close to this. The rest of Skaven's recruits (disease grinders, percent forge bonus, incredible national summons) and the rest of WH mod for the most part seem to use Dom4 EA Xibalba as their balance point.

This is out of whack even for that.

Even by WH mod standards, this shit is OP as fuck.

>coated with warpstone poison
>coated with warpstone
Sometimes I enjoy the mess that is Warhammer and Wh40k but what is this?

I don't see why they have magic paths at all. They would be fine without them (especially considering that the entire Skaven modnation is OP anyway) and Eshin assassins aren't supposed to be great mages to begin with so it doesn't make any sense. It seems to me like the magic paths were added by mistake, because even the abject retard who made the Skaven mod would realize that this shit is bananas.

Skaven society pretty much entirely revolves around Warpstone (and backstabbing). It's basically a magical kind of nuclear waste except it can be used for a huge ariety of things. Every clan tends to specialize in some different way to use Warpstone, for example Skryre uses it to fuel their technology, Moulder uses it to create mutant beasts, and Eshin grinds it up and mixes it with their poisons to make them extra deadly.

Honestly, best way to balance Skaven (beyond removing this abomination of a mage) would be giving all their commanders chances to assassinate their other commanders.

Since iirc Skaven are meant to be incredibly strong if they could ever stop backstabbing each other for 10 seconds.

Oh okay, for some reason the idea of magical stones being liquid or excreting liquid poison made me mad a bit.

It's not so much that they're super strong, but that they're virtually unlimited in numbers and that they're hiding under just about every important location ever, ready to launch massive surprise attacks at many strategically vulnerable locations. They get wrecked by just about every other race there is in an equal-numbers battle, which is why they resort to throwing hordes upon hordes of bodies at any problem they can't solve by assassination. Even during the End Times, when the Skaven (somewhat) got their act together and kicked some major ass, Skaven losses were still higher than those of anyone else. It's just that trading 10 of your troops for every enemy soldier killed is not that big a deal when you can replace 10 dead rats more easily than the enemy can replace one warrior.

Marignon gets bonus fire and astral bless points, making them the memest of blessmemes. Abysia gets bonus fire/blood depending on their age.

Please tell me those stats are caused by an inept modder and an ID conflict.

The fuck are Honda and Zangief doing?

Zangief's doing that blindfolded watermelon smashing thing like in his japanese animes.

0/10

Oh, right.

What's that all about anyway? Aren't melons super expensive in Japan?

>How to fix EA Ermor
I don't get why their sacred is cavalry. Rome barely used cavalry. Their sacred should be a standard.

How do you fix C'tis o, oracle.

Raise dead

You'd better do because unless the rules changed the OP can't bump (in the night, ahahaha) his own thread, plus it's sleepy time for me soon anyway.

Not at all.

LA and MA are fine. EA would probably be fine with sacred Sauromancers.

slammit

So, what are your favourite mod nations? And what are the most balanced ones compared to the vanilla game?

Egg's modnations tend to be pretty well balanced against Vanilla.

My favorite modnations are actually the ones that change how a nation plays on a fundamental level rather than just being different unit and path combinations. Executor's probably the best at this, since while his nations can't usually be called balanced (either against each other or against vanilla), they do play very uniquely.

For instance, one of his nations is about robots where their units have no gold cost but VERY high resource cost, to the point that elite units take multiple turns to produce.

Another one that I'd read about which sounds cool (but I'm not sure if he ever finished it) was Lambert's nomad nation that produced no forts ever and I think was going to be able to literally lift up thrones and drag them around with them.

I'd love to say but nobody bothers making a modnat game so I haven't played any.

Why don't you make one?

Because I'd probably fuck up the mod merge by being an inept retard.

Then he'd have nothing to whine about.

Because I've made 6 games in the last 3 months because people asked for them, so for once I'd like to not be the admin.

Can I be Skaven?

The new WH conversion's going to be relatively well balanced, so probably once they're done

>The new WH conversion's going to be relatively well balanced
Really? REALLY?

I assume that's going to be rejected dramatically in the wh combined mod

Literally the entire nation is balanced about as far as Dom4 EA Xibalba as Dom4 EA Xibalba is balanced against Jomon. That unit is especially broken even for them, but even without it they can still gem gen in the old dom3 style, and have mages that can potentially random into D8 or S8.

There was a dom3 skaven nation that was better balanced against the other WH nations, which I think is going to be the baseline for the dom5 version rather than directly porting the AoE sacreds + rainbow grey seer supermages

Are you trying to say that the respected modmaker would make something that isn't balanced?

I FUCKING HATE NIEFEL GIANTS

>wolves have 0 darkvision

What did the devs mean by this?

>crabs have no recuperation
You know exactly what it means.

ench 5

Stop letting the thread die you fucks.

Further proof that domg is populated largely by normies - turns come more slowly and the thread dies on weekends

I'd be more worried if /domg/ was mostly NEETs who had nothing to do but still end up staling or going AI at the drop of a hat

>implying heavy anxiety isn't common with NEETs

>can afford $40 indie games
>NEET

>not living in a dirt-cheap apartment so you can spend most of your autismbux on video games

>$40 indie games
>not $80 wargames

How good is False Horror against non-magic weapon troops?

I have a bunch of N2s who can't really do anything else other than cast panic and wooden warriors. Was thinking the A3's I have should be doing something, but my evo/conj research is at 2 a piece.

It will combine well with Panic.

Does Malakal really not have Dominions 5 or is he only pretending not to be playing?

Malakal is in all your games, all the time

Nice one

Hes scared

What gear is the Seraph supposed to be wearing?

Looks like Helmet of Perfection and Chi Shoes.

What games have the same feeling of Dominions but with a more singleplayer oriented experience?

I am the Lord of Air!