/vn/ - Ei edition

Visual Novel General #1876

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5BQLo4FXrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Innocent fat tits or easily flustered loli

1st for Aina.

Post amazing twists

I swear Grisaia works so well if you read it like it's an ironic jab at "serious and cool" VNs.

Amnesiac MC with a dark past who is also an assassin and knows kung-fu, but is also the nemesis of a shadow organization. Smart, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor, all he's missing is an evil eye and a bandaged up left arm with a 1000 years old demon sealed with in to complete the picture.

The characterization of the girls too is like if a person who doesn't read VNs was trying to describe how visual novel archetypes work, and purposefully exaggerated every trait to its extreme.

The dry humor from the MC here and there only makes it easier to give the whole thing the ironic reading key. I just can't believe it was accidental.
Grisaia is either written by a genius, or by the most delusional chuuni kid around.

;_;

The sequels prove it was supposed to be 100% played straight.

Personally I thought it worked better not knowing Yuuji's backstory.
I read Labyrinth and it killed any desire I had to read Eden

Both

Where/how can I play pc98 vns?

Would /vn/ be happy if their tomboy childhood friend dragged them outside to play?

>Personally I thought it worked better not knowing Yuuji's backstory.
Just read Bush Dog arc and forget the rest, the story is only worth for Yuuji's American trip, but that part is great.

You can't squeeze loli tits

Yeah Bush dog arc was great, but I still haven't found the will to read Eden.
Maybe after I cross some other games off my backlog.

Just convince yourself that it's intentionally bad and everything will work out. You just stop caring about shitty melodrama and retarded plot and instead read it for sick bantz and meme value. That's how Grisaia is meant to be played imo.

Lucia is a miracle of the universe.

Yuuji's military background is by far the worst part of Grisaia

it's even more nonsensical than Michiru's cellular memory shit

>thread filled with retards who couldn't understand grisaia on anything but a surface level
sigh

>thread filled with retards who couldn't understand nekopara on anything but a surface level
sigh

There isn't even any surface level. It's best parody on 3deep5u plotge ever made.

Worst girl worst route.

Best girl.

Whats your favorite part of a moege route? For me it's the playful jealousy. Nothing confirms a girls love for you more than a bit of jealousy.

Yes. You can stay, user.

How young is too young?

Half an hour of reading time just before obligatory shitty drama kicks in.

The start of the heroine's route and everything leading up the confession

The part where the girls you didn't pick get butthurt. Even better if they call you a dirty lolicon or siscon.

Fair game as long as they can speak.

>Playful jealousy
Yes, it's always fun. At least for me.
I remember in Sena's route for Noble works, probably the best part was:
When a rumor starts about the MC somehow getting a three-way going between him, Makoto and Maya. When Sena finds out she acts similar to Wakoto - All similes with an ominous sense of dread. It all works out not 5 min later
Sean's route wasn't very good but that part was genuinely funny. Pic somewhat related, it's Makoto playing the rumor for laughs.

Doesn't matter as long as they're eternal lolis.

Well personally I found some closure after reading Eden, it also has good actions.
The only problem I had in Eden is that every main girl got different extent of development, and some even have unexpected changes, for better or worse.
If you aren't mind with perma-maid Sachi I suggest you to give it a try for a few of her sweet lines.

Bros, Yuzusoft is laughing at us...

They giveth and taketh away.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5BQLo4FXrc

They monkey paw'd us, though.
>get red eyed, white haired Makoto
>worst route

What will be the next kamige to get translated and end up being shit?

Can't stand jealousy, personally.

The build up to the confession where the girl realizes her feelings and tries to figure out what to do about it, perhaps? Once the confession happens it's very common for me to rapidly lose interest unless the dynamic between the two stays interesting.

none, the JOPs have run out of "kamige"

>Worst route.
Depends on who you ask, I've seen anons claim Azusa or Rio to hold that title while others claim opposite.
The real kick in the balls you're thinking about is giving the Sensei a half-arsed route over her.

Are there any upcoming releases that are even highly acclaimed in Japan? I think Damekoi is the only one.

Reminder that the only reason we didn't get her route is because of nippon purityfags.

Azusa > Miu > Elina > Cowtits >>>>>>> Retard

azusa had the best route user
elina's was the worst by far

I forget, is she actually not a virgin?

What if Yuzusoft has just been planning to release a mega fandisk with all their fandiskbait girls in one game of short stories

Why are the best girls all out of our reach?

>we got teacher instead, who is confirmed not a virgin
er what

Would you take responsability, /vn/?

No, just a virgin acting all slutty. Apparently for some retards that's major turndown.

To better mirror real life, where all girls are out of your reach, user.

>Azusa's the best
I really didn't see what put it above any of the others to be honest.
That's why I said 'Depends on who you ask'
She is, I'm guessing Yuzusoft just thought a girl who says lewd things wouldn't sell and they were were horrifically wrong.

Virgins pretending to have experience is patrician. Especially when they turn to scared but willing putty.

Say that to subhuman nips.

Yeah but everyone knows that's just a buildup to them actually being really shy and possibly even ignorant about how sex actually works!

>Are there any upcoming releases that are even highly acclaimed in Japan?
Kiminozo at some point.

>yuzusoft learned their mistake and split her personality into miu and elina
why are they so great

Also Baldr Sky. I think that's it, though.

You just explained why.

Fuck you, I want my Makoto unaltered.

I mean why do they actually learn from their mistakes. the only other company i know that does this is tonework's

pray that yuzusoft does a cross-game fandisc or something and it gets translated. I'm still waiting on the pulltop latte one

I thought Elina was just a carbon copy of Makoto.
Where does Miu come into this?

Post companies that don't learn from their success.

I want to buttfuck Miu in the pusst

>making a cute girl cry

Verboten.

>Cute supernatural girls on offer
>He chooses the human girl's route

I expected nothing yet was still disappointed.

Worst route. I'm going to say it until you finish it, sorry.

>corona blossom
How the fuck have I missed this? Just willful ignorance of Frontwing shit?

It's really bad. not phantom trigger bad but still close.

Is it over soon? I'm actually tired of it by now.

I'm also considering skipping Chinami's route and just doing the sisters, should I?

You didn't miss much
>Detached H-scenes
>Shit story
>Generic as fuck childhood friend wins
>Best girl used as bully punching bag.
I pirated it and I want a refund.

That's disappointing. Thanks, willful ignorance. Saved me again.

AZUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Soonish, yeah.
>skipping Chinami's route
I really didn't care for Chinami as a love interest but the family dynamics and relationships make it worth a read. I usually like imoutos of both blood relation and non blood relation, but something didn't sit right with fucking her, so I skipped past her h-scenes.

Wait what?
>Kinetic Novel
>Single Ending
Literally why

what the hell

is this the secret heroine

Thanks, I think I'll do the sisters and then Chinami

>is this the secret heroine
No

Because Frontwing looked at Nekopara and wanted some of that cash.

>valentines day passes
>no new releases
Are these companies retarded

>look at these babies
t-the breasts?

>Denpashit hints at Koikuma for Valentine's day
>fucking nothing

Yes.

You say that as if you don't already know.

>text box

That text box is bad. However having no text box at all is even worse and sign of absolute shit taste. 50% transparency patricians WW@

Better?

What kind of shameless harlot sits like that?

a bitch in the heat

Takes up an unnecessary amount of space and the opacity is too high, but 0% opacity is also bad. Good taste, brother.

I want to hatsukoi this koikuma

Aww.

>can read this
>don't get the meaning
A-am I a brainlet guys?

Whatever happened to the MG survey result? A few threads ago some user said it would be "tonight" and it has been 3-4 days since then

Because why bother when pathological buyfags will give you cash anyway?
It's the same reason they did Phantom Trigger

Finally fucking done

Is this the VN with the deaf bitch?

Do Komomo now.

Holy shit a Sayori dating sim.

>Two brown heroines.

Already miles better than Nekopara.