/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Quack Hawaii edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: in next patch: various weapon/champion rebalance (rumors for same base speed and hard cap speed for every champ, also introducing various soft cap accelerations), 2v2 and Instagib. Anarki is crying in the corner like a little bitch.
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.
clips.twitch
twitch.tv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for not reinstalling until they add my perfect waifu

how noticable is this effect? is it linear or is it always "more is better", or perhaps there are diminishing returns after a certain fps?
i can uncap the fps and get a consistent 300fps. should i run it at 300fps then? would it be noticably different if i ran at say 144 fps? or 200, etc?
and yes i did read your post, i know you said that frames should be as high and stable as possible. i just dont like the idea of taxing my hardware more than it needs to be so if the difference between 144fps vs 300fps is something like 1% then its not worth it for me.
thanks for the info

clips.twitch.
tv/TallEsteemedDonkeyDatSheffy

second fot the most stylish quadfucker

effect is very very tiny unless you're using vsync stuff

vsync is off. you mean the effect in general is tiny(uncapping and playing at 300 fps on 60hz monitor), or the effect is tiny with 144fps vs 300fps or similar numbers?

it's always tiny. difference between being in the worst case scenario and best case scenario is in the "mouse hardware input delay" range.

Does anyone know when the next update is?

alright thanks

this month, so in the next 2 weeks

22nd

Noice can't wait.

Well... any news about Diabolical or 2GD gave up?

>Diabotical*
I'm goof

>diabetescal
what was 2gd thinking when he named the game?

2gd is never going to release it now that QC is out and trashed his only market.

huh

HUUUUUUUUH

Quake kart racer when?

Reminder to mute trannys

I think they aim for a beta this year but idk.
desu it looks fun but I'm not sure it looks more fun than Q:C.

He said in his stream something about stress testing with some pro players and then with the beta tester sometime after the summer. You can find all updates in the official diabotical discord.

With beta testers I mean the people who pledged enough money at the kickstarter for a copy of the game.

HUH

HUH

> try to check out maps that aren't foundation
> join any dm or tdm match
> join at the last two seconds of the round
> wait til next round
> it's fucking Foundation. . . .

Every fucking time.

>What's for dinner Doom?
>ONLY PAIN!

Does Toxikk have any players?

Yeah, averages between 3 and 16 player matches throughout the day with like 15 games constantly.

>sorlag, clutch, nyx meta
gay

Clutch nerfs confirmed, speed cap on dash and stair-dash won't work anymore as it used to.

Nerfing something fun sounds like the worst thing a game developer could do to their game. Would we have skiiing and strafe jumping today if fun got nerfed 15-20 years ago?

HUH

how many are we dealing with? Quake seems like a pretty clean group

I wanna shit in anyones neck who thinks making this overgarbage a good idea

acrylicass and gurkan at least

Waiting eons for a modern quake game, and then this is turd is abrewing

why am i always getting a 15 sec mm penalty after a match ends

just in case

>you get a level 1
>it's a clueless retard who stands still to shoot
>they get a level 1
>it's a smurf
epic

>>you get a level 1
>>it's a clueless retard who stands still to shoot
You don't sound like a nice person my friend.

I'm sorry they should get a pat on the back after going -3/27 and a pin that says 'you did your best!'
how about some milk and cookies too

Yeah, that would be much nicer.

I think that you should get some perspective if you get angry with someone just because they're a new or bad player. Think over what's important in life, and all that.

>not playing duel
Just uninstall the game already scrub

this kind of behavior is why your generation will grow up to become fucking spineless pussy crybabies
show your elite badge nigger

that's what i thought
fucking pussy

Reminder that ultrawide support should be removed from Quake.

After seeing all the moba/CRAPCUNTS threads back when I used to play that shit, seeing an actual sane post like this is like a breath of fresh air after getting pulled out of freezing lake. Thanks user.

>xhep is so retarded he fell for the teleporter pummel
i hope he was streaming

russian coding

of all the fights to pick, why pick this fight?

unless they cap clutch to something mundane like 700 ups (unlikely), the clutch "nerfs" aren't going to change clutch significantly. The 1800+ ups Clutch rockets off of stairs with scroll wheel binds isn't the thing that makes DaHanG duel/2v2 clutch powerful. Clutch is still going to be as fun after as he is now.

pretty much what i was thinking. so long as it's something like 1300+ ups cap, it won't matter too much

Sync is thinking of making shield and laser duration shared. That is, you don't get extra time with a laser toggle
This will completely change Duel Clutch

Quake Rally already existed 20 years ago dude

Quake makes me feel mor alive

ranger makes me happy and sad
ranger just wants to go home but he cant :(

The prospect of eating pancakes is what keeps him fighting

reminder merem is a stalker who is obsessed with lelouch

I think there's a point where id software is just out to fuck with strenx
>clips.twitch
.tv/ComfortableRudeFriesNomNom

it's like a cartoon

I got this bug on a Duel against a guy 800MMR lower than me and had to quit. At the level I was at it would take ~6 victories to earn back the MMR I lost against the usual matchmaking suspects
I lost the will to play for a good 3 days after it happened

Did they say in the dev stream when they expect the next patch? Should be this week, right?

What ability do you think they'll give hunter? Passive and active. I think it's gotta be something amazonian.

>I think there's a point where id software is just out to fuck with strenx
Honestly. Considering how Strenx puts on a show and how often sync stops by his stream...
I wouldn't doubt they're fucking with him.
I can imagine syncerror laughing his ass off at this clip.

Oh, I just saw it, 22nd apparently.

It would be fun if they gave her something actually thematic to hunting
Like, you pop her active and it randomly picks a weapon - Your next kill must be with that weapon
If you pull it off, you gain some sort of bonus. Perhaps a full heal, or a max health increase
Could be useful even in Duel

>What ability do you think they'll give hunter? Passive and active. I think it's gotta be something amazonian.
I want them to give her an Aerial Jump where she jumps up into the air super fast then can hover and control 360 degrees at 2x ground speed.
Then press her active again and she drops down to the ground.
Passive "Takes 20% less damage when airborn" or something like that.

came back to qc after like 3 months of inactivity and i can actually hit rails, rockets, nails and lg
what the fuck happened
and not just hitbox/netcode improvements, i can track people now whereas previously my mouse felt like it was dragging some weight around

that's stupid

The last patch really made a big difference I feel. Especially with LG.
pic related is supposed to be the next patch.

Now all they need is to thiccify her model so as to actually match these hitboxes

lol

this is a no-lol zone

seconded

do we have pictures for all of these?

Damn. I guess EXTRA THICC is the way to go then HUH?

Just the few in the first minutes of twitch.tv
/videos/229658287

oh my god they need to fix this prediction- projectile shit
rockets, nails, don't even render in short distances before they hit you. the shooter is predicting, but the victim feels like they're getting hit by hitscan. They need to up the fire delay or something, right now if the shooter has just enough ping they're rockets are simply impossible to dodge.

That's the price you pay for client-side hitreg: The ability to dodge stuff on reaction
Delay on your shots like classic netcode from Quake 1 to 4 adds some annoyance to the act of shooting but makes the gameworld solid and far more "trustworthy"

>decide to reinstall toxikk
>finished installing
>8 FPS ON THE MAIN FUCKING MENU AND 15 INGAME

I HAVE A 1080 AND 32 GIGS OF RAM WHAT THE ACTUAL ANUS

You're stupid.

Oh shit, I missed the first few minutes of stream, I didn't realize they were so important.

Phase 2 netcode improvements when? Like, 90% of my complaints might disappear with that update. At the very least it feels good knowing that they even have a phase 2 planned.

I was at Goodwill when all of a sudden

motherfucker

counterpoint: i'm stupid, but not as stupid as you

>these pubes
I wouldn't buy that. That's obviously what Tim was wearing when he was servicing Todd

Tim wears a small?

He's a manlet, dude

I think it's a promotional items because the one in the Bethesda store doesn't say this stupid shit on the back

what if no patch this month?
what if no patch until May?
do you think the game will survive in its current state?

Even sabre (sorry) can manage monthly updates.

She's a fucking amazon what else she could have
Passive: 30% higher jumps (because dem long legs)
Active: Debilitating poison - 3 poisonus darts (fast as nails) dealing 20 dmg DoT over 5 sec increasing damage against hit targets 20%. Additional dmg boost/dart DoT do not stack up on single target.

why does everyone suggest poison/DoT shit for hunter? her whole design idea was a frazetta/bisley-esque tower of tits, ass and muscle from a visually-dated/amazonian tribe who was still somehow familiar with sci-fi stuff, from the rivalry with the sorg to the giant stompy metal boots to her multiple chat lines referencing her love of the lightning gun

good point, he needs a child large

Why is my QC rail accuracy still not on the same level as my QL rail accuracy
The netcode feels good but I constantly miss rails I'd hit in QL
Is it just the hitboxes or am I a gaylord

Variable champion speed, hitbox size, acceleration, etc.
It's harder to acquire consistency than in QL

hitboxes aren't consistent and there's a few odd pieces out there right now (vertical on doomguy, galena) but overall QC hitboxes are more generous but you're dealing with a significantly more variable game

HUH

HUH

>CA basically confirmed.
>QC going to end up basically CA only just like QL.
I wish SyncError would realize this.

>CA queue force-grouped with regular queue

This is the only way I see CA not killing QC is if the autoplay list forces players to rotate between TDM, CTF, CA.
But if players can just select CA, and that's it. that's all that's going to get played.

Or maybe they compromise.
CA in QC doesn't give you max armor, stack, and while it does give you all weapons, it only gives you 1/3rd starting ammo and makes you have to pick up weapons and ammo cans.