/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

I believe I've hit a wall
>Stuck on the very first Nergigante fight and I can't beat him
>Don't have a lot of zeni to make new weapons to fuck around with
>All the good armor and skills are HR50+
I guess I'll stop playing now, it's a bummer cause I was having fun up until this

I've got a xeno for all weapons except for sns, HH, and GL.

Really can't decide which weapon to focus on and i'm struggling to pick just one and get good with it.

>I've really enjoyed LBG but they got nerfed to hell
>Bow is boring
>HBG is too slow now that I got used to LBG

Why is Arena Lass such a cunt?

>faggot gunnercucks keep dying in temp elders
ok kids leave the toys at home and let the men handle the big scary monsters please

Look at this fat pickle

Give me your opinion of it

Maximum satisfaction when you kill a monster with Dragon pierce

nth for five fingers

LBG is as strong as ever. normal 2 into a monster's face is getting just a good times as the rest of the weapons I use.

also bow is fun as fuck. dodging all over, turning the monster's face into a pin cushion, cmon son

>>Don't have a lot of zeni to make new weapons to fuck around with
>probably sitting on hundreds of thousands of zeni in monster parts you'll never use

that's weird, what weapon are you using? I found Nerg surprisingly easy, all his attacks are pretty telegraphed and if you stay under/behind him you only really need to worry about the tail slam and getting the hell out of dodge when he dive bombs

its for the best, if you cant beat nergigante regardless of your armor, this series really isnt for you.
may i suggest dark souls? it might be more your speed.

So this is how my life ends...

When I cleaned my box (mostly took anything I had 50+ of and sold half) I ended up with 2.5 million.

>corpses despawning while Im still fighting something in the same area
why
I want to carve

>Kirin Armour incorporates Gypceros hide in the design
>No Gypceros in MHW
?

>just now realized the giant skeleton is Dalmadur in the rotten vale

because she got stuck in the gathering hub, so nobody ever visits her

Good hunts guys sorry I should've used my CB for all the vaal hunts and also wore my wind res set for tempered kush.

is there any hope to ever have a good time fighting a Bazel if you're melee?

>this is too hard I stop now
I dont think I ever had that thought in my life

>hear about this
>notice the winding-ness of the map being its body
>"ok, cool, whatever"
>look up at the skull
>get spooked

>Really can't decide which weapon to focus on and i'm struggling to pick just one and get good with it.
Why pick one? Different monsters are easier with different weapons.

It's synthetic Gypceros hide

Me in the back

This is the most pathetic reason for quitting I've ever read.

answer pl0x

lmao

what does miss cat's little cunny feel like?

They ruined my precious Bow-chan in this game.

What about all of you, how did your beloved weapons fare?

WHAT THE FUCK do I spend zenny on?

>Bow is stronger and more fun than ever
>ruined

As many binoculars as you possibly can

Upgrade your armor's defence. Its max defence level scales off your hunter rank, there's no reason not to have up to date defence.

Use a weapon that can block. He has a wakeup forearm slam and an almighty dunk he does when all his body parts are covered in spines, both of which require very quick execution to sheathe your weapon + Superman dive. It's safer to block.

Beat the FUCK out of areas with freshly grown, white spines. Breaking them causes him to fall over, and they count as really vulnerable spots.

Don't be a baby, take a breather and reset yourself when you get tilted. How sad is it that you're thinking of permanently quitting because the game is challenging you?

its my birthday and i just got th game and i want to play multiplayer who up

So, monsters in MHW really do read the player inputs. Didn't expect Capcom would stoop down to such cheap tricks. But they did.

>bow is completely different
Yeah, it's ruined. TAfags go home.

Yes. The number refers to the level of socket it requires, but every decoration only gives 1 point of a skill.

Bring flash bombs for bombing runs. Use something with a shield or GS, abuse his slow attacks and huge roars by blocking/tackling them. Bring Fireproof Mantle or slot fire res if you're getting chunked by the bombs.

Also, he is mostly weak spots. Weakness Exploit destroys him.

What skills are good for hammer?

>he plays multiplayer

Laughing gooks,png

absolutely gutted

How's the arena, faggot?

Can't you just ignore the new options and play it like always if, for some reason, you want that?

> There's no way I could be bad, the game must be at fault

>playing easy mode

Thanks for the XX hunts m8.

Nerg's IG or Diablos with Handicraft?

Remember to eat before hunting!

u wot

They're gonna revert the GS into how its been in the next game, right?

But this is the spiritual successor to Dark Souls 3.

Good, why?
Can't do it alone? Lmao.

>I hide behind 3 other retards because the game is scary
check him out

Monster Hunter was literally designed as a multiplayer game at its core friend, let this meme die already.

Not that assclown but is Arena only set at multiplayer health? because i cant A rank anything but the discord said it has solo and multi HP.

I left the discord shortly after.

No
Soft reboot

What are gems exactly?
Testicles?

>I'm a baby
That's fine, don't find excuses though

How the fuck do you cart to Vaal Hazak's charge. Not even his fucking laser, just his slow ass, telegraphed from a mile away charge.

Nonexistent.

>he doesn't have PS plus

LMAOOOOOOOO why are you so poor?

the "like always" option doesn't exist, they removed it and turned it into a completely different weapon

How do I know if I'll never use a monster part?
I'm using the SA Thunder Chopper 2 or 3 I forget
It's not just the fact that it's difficult it's also that everyone else says it's so easy and I understand that his attacks are heavily telegraphed but somehow he always ends up hitting me and he always has black spines for some reason.

Nope. The GS is the best it's ever been, praise Capcom for figuring out how to abolish the boring-as-fuck Crit Draw Focus hit-and-run playstyle.

What anime is this?

Good. The bow used to be the absolute shittiest weapon.

>still tries to find excuses for his pathetic behaviour

Lmao nigga hope they implement some raid quests so you can tackle a yian kut ku for the first time with 20 other retards

Had a 2m47s nergigante hunt with LS today, I’m finally getting good bros

why are you doing this

Weird, I aparently joined an online lobby without psplus. And it looks like I can join in on quests, do I not need it to play this game online? Or does it just randomly work sometimes?

>hide behind 3 retards
>with 1 cart 1shots

I think you mean
>I hide behind easy staggers and knock outs

It's cool, I forgot to use my wind pressure negating HH and wait for him to move more outside of the tornado. He's a push over with flash pods. It didn't really matter what you use against vaal. Just be weary of the miasma crap he has.

Finally getting good at killing that one thing, awesome.

Those sound like excuses.

all monsters came from the true dragons that existed in ancient times, they have these gems because of this relation. the gems are the source of elder dragon power.

arena only has multiplayer health. Let that assclown forever stay in B rank.

The regular quest arenas scale, but the proper guild hall ones that make you pick a pre-set loadout and only allow 2 people don't scale at all. Getting Bs isn't too bad most of the time. Some As might be doable, but most are going to be literally impossible.

>I like to get cucked by retards online

What's that fetish called?

Tempered ED investigations NApzKfZpAaz

I have a boat load of vaal quests and maybe a nerg and kushala.

It's OK user, I'm sure eventually you'll be able to keep your autism in check to a point where people might tolerate you and play games with you, no need to delude yourself into thinking Monster Hunter is a single player game.

Soon™

Nergi is the only difficult fight in the game not named Kirin, who is a joke once you realize hit-and-run tactics are the way to deal with anything it can do to you

WOAH, finally a nice fucking charm

sounds like you are shit and you came here to complain to see if there would be someone to pat you on the back for complaining like a little bitch instead of being better.
Give up the game and quit like you said you fucking idiot.

if you use long sword or dual blades you're a faggot

Because it's the truth. GS has been my main for ages, and World has been such a breath of fresh air for the GS. Tackles give you responses to monster attacks without fucking up your combo, and the fact that unsheath attack is no longer the strongest move means that you need to actually work to get your damage.

Kidney Stones

Yeah, the monster who's entire body is comprised of weak zones that keep re-spawning for you to break and knock it down for free is a real toughie. He's literally only a threat to people who refuse to be aggressive, and the more aggressive you are the less he even gets to stand up.

likewise is you use hunting horn

nerg is a fucking punching bag

You think they changed drop rates in one of the patches?
I used to get gems like candy before and now I haven't seen any in my last 30 hours of gameplay or so.

pineal

>gotta be HR50+ to beat nerg

>it's a Zorah Magdaros assignment

why are you doing this

This is actually probably the most true.
Gems in earlier games have been described as rare gems/crystals/stones that form in a monster over some time and are picked from organs and are said to be extremely hard.

Not that user but he's 100% right.
GS is now the most fun it has ever been AND it's still just as good as always.