/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/sleepydodge
twatch.tv/giengo
youtu.be/BtwwejuRAx8?t=2m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You fell for the "just release to neutral bro" meme.

Not much tech of any kind gets posted on here. Visit Lil majin's stream if you want to learn some. He's a tech monster.

gib ur best weebums

I love Alisa!

The only way to survive in this general is being able to differentiate buttblasted shitters from people who know what they're saying.

See these two dudes here: they said "dont listen to people who said Jin is a shittier DJ" but they didn't actually explain why. They didn't back their points up.
They're buttblasted shitters.

For the record: DJ is a direct upgrade of Jin while being easier to play both execution wise and gameplan-wise.

>get a stick
>spend years to get a decent kbd
>get a hitbox
>master kbd in a day

lul

ignore this guy dj is a direct upgrade of every character

kek
>brokeback tekken

No, there are characters with vastly different gameplans.

Is that bad?

Lili is impossible to fight

Lei is impossible to fight

Saint is right next to me
what should I say to him /tekgen/

Was he really? I started with t7, mind explaining what about him is dumb?

Stop playing Jack you fraud

its a joke he is literally impossible to fight

good idea ill edit it tomorrow
sleep time now

Asuka really is fucking bullshit

Random parries
B3's existence
Stupid fucking strings that can be cancelled

How long did it take you to realise that every character in Tekken is cheap as shit in some way and fights are mostly about who uses their cheap shit more aggressively?

is it because of his stances or something

He probably should. Jack is obviously holding him back.

Once I got to yellow ranks and saw people played exactly the same way people in green ranks do.
Are other fighting games not like this? Serious question. Tekken is in a point where the game is balanced because literally every character has borderline game breaking bullshit.

Do you think we will get more guest characters after Noctis?

I think support for the game will end entirely after Noctis.

Listen here faggot I don't play either of those fucking characters nor am I claiming that Jin is better than Devil Jin. Literally all I said was they don't fucking play the same but you're so stupid you see that they are the same character that must mean they have the same playstyle.

Yeah, like Jin

>imagine being so low iq that you think djin and jin are similar because they have the same name

Dragunov loves her too, user

Doubt it. Tekken 7 is a 3 years old game, majority of the team is already working on a new project.

Richter Belmont is next guest character.

hes impossible to fight because he isnt in the game you dumb dumb

I meant the previous versions of tekken like dr, 6, or tag2, didn't know you were memeing

genuinely wonder how the old characters that didn't make it in played, like lei or anna

Dragunovs sweep is unseeable

Nope. Banco is going to move on to SC6 after Noctis comes out

they should put in the missing shit or I want to go back to tag2

just play tekken 6 on an emulated PSP at least.

this, they play completely differently just like bob and slim bob

Roger: Really weird character properties since she has stubby arms but huge legs along with GS and Tombstone. One of the best lows ever in db3 which is the low tail swipe launcher which you can't parry and hard to block. I enjoyed the 6BR version of her but I'm still not sure what the best way to play her is. Was slightly more popular than Ganryu at one point but even Ganryu has more fans than her in Tag 2 and 5DR

I did, but I'm new to tekken and I didn't think my impressions were worth much. I just wanted to know what it was like to fight a competent lei player.in the older games, or how people used him.

Eliza is a better waifu than Alisa desu

>2D vs Anime
both cancer

You shut the fuck up

Mishimas are the most anime characters

His snake edge? Not only is it slow as fuck but I think the tip range of it doesn't even knock down.

Roger is male. The character you are referring to who replaced him from T5 onwards is Roger Jr. You are not playing as the female but the joey that's in her pouch.

Im about to get demoted to Brawler from Vanguard AGAIN

Ive been green since September and im not having fun anymore

At some point you have to give up

what character

panda

Normal Jin

damn asuka is cute >.

Have you tried switching to a beginner character yet? One who teaches proper fundamentals?

Ok, Lili.

I'm new to Tekken, describe the personality of Asuka for me please.

A spunky girl who means well and tries to end conflict but as a dumb genki girl she attempts to stop fighting with fighting.

It doesnt get more fundamental than Jin, maybe Shaheen but I wont play him

Jack, Kazumi, Shaheen will teach you more solid fundamentals than Jin

Not that guy but this game's lower intermediate levels, green ranks, tend to hammer in how important matchup knowledge really is. Don't know Nina's strings? Too bad, you lost the game. Don't know how to stop Josie's pressure? Too bad, she bullied you to death. etc. You need to lab every character but do so in a way that tells exactly how opponents will use that character, which is hard since you don't play them and extremely time consuming to watch videos that last hours. You also need to study and reinforce that information so you have to do it again, every day until you know it by heart. Not only that but you have to do it for every single character, repeating the same damn process. There's also the possibility that you're a bad learner so you spend extra time going over shit you already learned but keep forgetting and the muscle memory still hasn't kicked in. Some people don't have that much time on their hands and you really have to be autistic about the game in order to succeed.

This game would be so much better if every character had around the same amount of moves as Mishimas instead of all this bullshit legacy stuff that can cost you the game because some dickhead wants to be funny

I still have weak matchup knowledge and focused on learning fundamentals, movement, and whiff punishing and I hit yellow.

I'm not sure how it was before but people continually get better at this game so even green ranks stop having bumbling retards that keep pressing buttons. Everybody starts the match by backdashing and turtling up trying to do the same to you. Fundamentals should always be part of the gameplan but this game rewards matchup knowledge and other esoteric information so much more.

i focused on mashing gimmicks and got to red

I hit yellow last month

how do i do a neverending flamingo meme string that i always see literally everyone do with hwo i cant find anyone talking about anything flamingo stance related by googling hwo and im too much of a brainlet to figure it out myself, i literally just want some string i can learn i dont care that its always the same and no mixups

TEKGEN WEEKLY

>challonge.com/sleepydodge

CHECK INS STARTED

you can still enter if you don't want to be another dodging threadfag

stream?

I'll post it in here once we work out whos doing it

I'll post it as a reply to the TEKGEN WEEKLY post

ASUKA BELONGS TO LILI

Yeah they both belong in the same trashcan

>gets from the shit league to the refined shit league
Just wait til you're good enough for orange friend, that shit doesn't stick against people who actually know how to play the game

baka support is still on after nocgay

>opponent backdashes away
>throws out safe launcher when I get in range
>occasionally lands because 3 bar blocking
>otherwise backdashes away again
Man I can't believe I still lose to this shit at Usurper

>orange
>know how to play the game
lmao

What does Lee have? Slides? I'm genuinely curious.

twitch
.tv/tuetonfilsounukecmmnwlth

Not on shillvanwil's stream because he's a bully and doesn't want to be associated with Veeky Forums eventhough he's the admin of the fucking discord.

>that umaru cosplay

>run into two different bryans one after another
>they both just spam 3+4 and orbital no matter how far i am
whoa... truly bryan is the most technical character...

>tfw practiced nothing but ewgf and movement for 40 hours before I ever went online and now people accuse me of being a rank resetter

tourney stream moved to
twitch
.tv/giengo

TEKGEN WEEKLY

STREAM IS LIVE

twatch.tv/giengo

how big of a problem is rank resetting?

Can someone who knows anything tell me the main differences between Leo, Feng and Shaheen? In my noob eyes they seem very similar. Easy execution, pokes, fundamentals, all-rounders?

Go away you baiting retard, and stop trolling i already told you that What you actually do is guide your stick/d-pad into neutral in a way that buffers up the back input. When playing on a stick, there are 4 switches inside the base of the joystick that registers each direction, with a combination of two switches registering your diagonals (d/f, et al) the problem there is that nigger either disengaged back first, or both at the same time then the DB didnt register another b input to the game like normally does, giving you the weird shit he gets on that image instead of a KBD, if you release to neutral while releasing b at the end you get a backdash with a single b everybody knows that, and i woudnt be surprised if the one posting that image was you samefagging you dumb autistic piece of shit

It's take him 10 second to see qudans DJ and cherry berry mango jin and see that you are wrong, DJ and Jin play nothing alike, the fact that Jin can be played as a shitty worse DJ doesnt mean jackshit

fairly common I think, but on pc you can see hours obviously unless the profile is private

TEKKEN SUCKs

>gets from the shit league to the refined shit league
Just wait til you're good enough for red friend, that shit doesn't stick against people who actually know how to play the game.

Maybe you are playing too honest and not testing their lack of knowledge enough, if playing honest it's not working then you have to be able to either be a bitch and exploit their unfamiliarity to keep them honest or be an even bigger bitch and stop DM matchups that you are not familiar with.

Leo and Feng are all-rounders. Feng is more focused on poking while Leo is more about forcing aggression with b1 and db4,1.
Shaheen is different, he's like a 50/50 meme character who relies on his slide heavily to open up opponents.

>Shaheen is different, he's like a 50/50 meme character who relies on his slide heavily to open up opponents.
except for the fact that the best shaheen player in the world rarely if ever slides or uses slide mixups.

Who? AK or LowHigh? Because both of them slide often.

Stop being a retard, you can clearly see lowhigh releasing to neutral and doing 1b after DB when he does KBD youtu.be/BtwwejuRAx8?t=2m14s , the problem he was having was simply doing the DB too late after the first backdash. the input is back, back, down/back, back, down/back, back , down/back, back. only the first Backdash is done with 2 backs

just had my first online win
feels petty good man. I was wondering if I would ever be able to win a match because everything just annhialated me but now I see why people keep playing this game.
it can be extremely frustrating but it's also extremely rewarding if you win

He was right though, mama roo is the one with the huge legs and stubby arms and the one you'd be punching

>Bryan
>losequits after 2
>Bryan
>plays le punch outro and winquits
>Paul

haha orange ranks

Nice, many more still to come.

kekken is dead

I just started playing it so no.