www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>2.0 Patchnotes:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9e08rvm4YIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Гopaциo

Fuck off Wiz

>c yвaжeниeм, Гopaциo

Horacjusz

Medieval fantasy 4x game where with deep religious, magic, economics and governance systems when?

Wiz wants to rp as space Poland

Hi guys. What do you think of my galaxy?

How would Stellaris be if we had this Wiz running it?

Would rather have Yunyun

Playing as these lads- meritocratic individualists with a penchant for exploring & diplomacy

What am I supposed to do now that I've reached the midgame?

restart

Get bored and start a new game.

Yeah that's what I'd usually do. Surely theres something worth aiming at.

Is 2.0 going to make things better or is it just changes for the sake of changes?

Why do your borders look like that

Survive an end game crisis I guess, either that or trigger the end of cycles

>Axis cult civic
>no diplomacy with undead and empires with other "cult" civics
>new diplomatic action - ask a neighboring empire to join the cult, giving you unity no matter the response
>the AI spams it every month

I like it.

subdued borders / dark galaxy / extended colours

>end game crisis
I put those at 25% strength
>end of cycles
Whats that?

>Whats that?
When dumb psionics decide is a good idea to shit a God into reality.

When a dumb game developer decides losing everything and creating a menace in exchange for strong bonuses isn't fun (despite the fact that high risk, high reward strategies are sometimes the most fun) and therefore b&.

Psionic ascension lets you become very powerful for 50 years before wiping your empire except for one colony and spawning an angry god

>managed to cover north, northwest and west with tributaries
>south is a giant ally I have
>huge blob of east is uninhabitable because of a militant isolatioanist
>all empires that are threats in that region keep getting declared on by said fallen empire

Your save file will get rekt in 4 days when they 2.0 update hits.

BTW, does anybody know if the "Beautiful Universe" mod for Stellaris will be compatible when 2.0 hits?

G I T
U
D

I'm a medium that can see into the future and I'm pretty sure it will

He'd be right if he was making a grand strategy instead of a 4x

what is he making

Summoning the Psionic Apocalypse god in return for 100% increase in production for 50 years prior, can actually be a method of defeating crises though.

Basically, the spiritualist race that did it would consider themselves as making a "holy sacrifice" in order to save the galaxy from the AI overlords/Prethoryn/Unbidden, etc.

a 4x

Except that The Shroud avatar or whaterver it's called can and will wipe out the entire galaxy so there's no point

BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN BALANCE CRISISES FOR ANYTHING, HE JUST GAVE PLAYERS A SLIDER
space EU

Imagine being the author of a space 4x / grand strategy game with many thousands of people believing in your dream but every time you release a major update it becomes just a little bit clearer that you never making any real progress and that your vision will always be at an impossible distance from coming into reality

Could be worse, could be the maker of a space sim.

Isn't easier to destroy a giant energy cloud than to fight massive fleets that can self-replicate?

Its an absolute unit of a cloud

He just has to choose between 4x and Grand Strat. Those are two completely opposite approaches to developing a game - 4x is basically a digital tabletop game, it has to be fun to play and somewhat balanced without necessarily being realistic. A grand strategy is a simulation roleplaying game first and foremost, it can sacrifice balance and fun for the sake of delivering a believable experience.
When you try to mix those things together you just get shit that isn't fun to play and isn't believable in the slightest.

No it isn't

Or imagine that your ideas are terrible and move the game away from the original sandbox style to some kind of retarded arena with limited mechanics designed to streamline combat while sacrificing everything else and making it so all tactics are cookie-cutter even more than they already were

This average Unbidden fleet was able to get it down to half health.

youtube.com/watch?v=9e08rvm4YIQ

Hyperlanes only means that exploring will be more difficult and cut short by retarded AI that won't let you through, so the things you like will probably not be improved by this. It's time for you to develop a taste for Verdun: IN SPACE.

Wormholes and gateways are meant to lessen the Verdunification though.

Also capturing enemy territory is easier due to the new war goals system and "war exhaustion".

November 2, 2017 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single video game company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced the new plan for FTL in Stellaris tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Verdun in space is better than one battle and then whack a mole in space.

dude chill lmao

Paradox Interactive was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron were all quality game series that combined historical accuracy with sandbox game worlds. These games may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from gamers all across the internet. Stellaris was their newest release, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited release, Paradox began releasing quality DLC that raised the bar ever higher for Grand Strategy Games.

Then the FTL changes for Cherryh were announced. This was not just an announcement of a DLC feature, it was announcement of Paradox Interactive's suicide. It was a change intended to completely disregard any scientific accuracy, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Paradox Interactive had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I play Grand Strategy games without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Paradox had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

i laughd

Are there strats for using end of the cycle for something other than yolo?

Ok.

gateways work only for friendly units, so you can't use enemy's.
Probably not, because Wiz hates fun

>gateways work only for friendly units, so you can't use enemy's.
So close to allowing an interesting strategy

you can safely assume that any mod, no matter how minor, will break somehow when 2.0 launches

>So close to allowing an interesting strategy
It would be interesting until someone uses it against you

Good post Wiz

In a way though, it makes the game interesting b forcing you to be allies with another empire that has different ethics and interests, just because you want gateway access. It keeps political division from being solely about ideology and neighbors.

combustion obsoletes whales, fur also goes obsolete at some point

>having to defend key strategic points is unfun

In my last game the End got down to 10% HP vs an enemy doomstack an then died to a spaceport as he tried to eat a planet

very anti climatic , you don't even get a pop of message when it dies , i only knew about its death because of my sentry array

It should only apply outside of war, Russia wouldn't force their way through the Bosporus in peacetime but if they were at war with Turkey they wouldn't care about keeping them happy.

Owlfancier is right though.
Crisis are uninteresting, challenging but boring as fuck.
They are just some extra powerful empire, with even less diplomacy, hell, the new space pirates look like a million times more interesting than them with the whole Khan and being able to recruit fleets to shit on other Empires Mercenary enclaves mod did this a year ago and some Fallen Empires demands some shit

Who touched your capital through a stargate, Wiz?

Nice concept. Maybe Paradox can introduce an update with "trade routes" that give production bonuses based on proximity to higher-developed systems. This could be visually represented by civilian cargo ships flying from system to system.

Since gateways count as points between continuous space, it would then count as a node for a trade route.

Space Turkey can just turn Space Bosporus off.

Not if space Russia captures the Space Bosporus control center or space Russia manages to sneak through before they get a chance to turn it off

>spend tons of resources for a galactic highway
>enemy uses it to blitz your empire
yeah seems very fun and I would definitely be building stargates every time I play

Its a good job that military strategy has never involved capturing enemy transport infrastructure such as roads, railways, ports and airfields intact!

>on narrow landmass
>game spawns stupid scythian cunts just to the north of me
>instead of settling in the abundant lands to the north of them they instead choose to forward settle me and force me to start picking areas in the desert to the south of me to settle

I fucking hate the civ vi ai

you mean just like in real life? like, you would have to defend some strategic points, adding depth to the game? woah

Alternatively, the gateway could lead to space controlled by your allies, and they can get to you sooner to help defend you from an invasion.

>gateways work only for friendly units, so you can't use enemy's.
So let me get this.
They force hyperlanes only in the update.
They go about how its more interesting because chokepoints
...and then tell players that they can't use some chokepoints because reasons?

Isn't that a pretty smart move by the AI?

Wiz works in mysterious ways

Just find RNG spawning gateways with convenient entry-exit points or just build your own, they're just megastructures lol

The answer is that removing FTL types was never about balance, Wiz was just asshurt his coworkers kept putting all-types of FTL on and he kept getting raped. Ergo here is the "new wormhole" except its not useful for anything.

It's a dick move by the AI because the AI is only programmed to make dick moves regardless of how inconvenient it makes things for everyone.

you can capture their gates, but you actually need to control them
Yes, but the strategic points are at your borders and not in the middle of your capital
that is already the case

I think you mistake wormholes and gateways

>not strategically cutting the ai off and banishing them from your rightful clay

for reference
>wormholes
basically very long hyperlanes
>gateways
very long hyperlanes but only to other friendly gateways. they act like megastructures, you can find and repair them, or late game you can build your own

Talking about Wormholes, how comon are they?

So what was the point of chokepoint lanes only if you undermine them with teleports?

>those fucking borders

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WIZ

the little detail that you cannot use enemy gateways

They're still chokepoints, they're just more important long range chokepoints.

It's actually more realistic, IMO. Space empires could have DMZs that both agree not to cross; or for whatever reason didn't want to colonize, or couldn't colonize, because they were garbage or filled with dangerous astral phenomena.

On this image? Wiz's federation appears to be the only one and he mentions only one wormhole, Jewistan-Pithok Union. Considering that no other federation appear to exist and there are no weird far away colonies, it might be the only one in use.
gateways create mesh networks.

did they buff it? when i triggered end of cycle it was easy as fuck to kill the thing

Control as in occupy the planets in the system or occupy as in win the war?

The whole "You have to buy outpost in each system to claim it" was going to leave to cheese syndrome thanks to systems with no resources.

Though now looking at the map, it seems like each system covers a specific area to fill the map, like provinces in grand strategy games, so why did Paradox go with memelanes instead of "warp but only to connecting solar system?

Boders are just lines on a map, they don't have to make sense. I think most empires would say "this heap of cosmic garbage is MINE and you better not touch it/cross it"

>The whole "You have to buy outpost in each system to claim it" was going to leave to cheese syndrome thanks to systems with no resources.
If you leave unclaimed systems within your borders, you risk piracy. IF you bought good goy DLC.
>like provinces in grand strategy games, so why did Paradox go with memelanes instead of "warp but only to connecting solar system?
>like provinces
>in other PDI games
You answered yourself.

if you go max lane density and turn them off the map its the same

create mesh networks, but only with gateways in systems you have open borders with, and you're not at war with
every system now has at least one deposit, so it's never that you get absolutely nothing
also, wiz added a hyperlane density slider just for autists like you

>mfw blocking off a whole continent as cree

It was a question Wiz, you don't get to get so worked up.

It's not. Units still have to move their asses, it's not ideally equal to warp and AI is not made to cope with it anymore, it goes full choke-pointy hypermemery.

It begins

So Wiz can say "see wormholes weren't removed just redone" but then remove any real military applications from them because he got asshurt when he got raped by wormhole-using aliens with a doomstack