Monster hunter general /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

zorah or rathian gl?

Anyone have the pic of the guy who could not get the flintstone to drop from Qurupeco?

What is the most powerful item, and why is the Flash Bomb?

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing, move while shooting
>Many other actions can also be dodged out, including sharpening
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from XX combined
>Except for the hunting horn, the weakest weapon in 4U and Generations, which got NERFED in World
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit) and the aforementioned grappling hook, which takes you right back into the monster even if you fall off as a consequence of an attack
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, etc.
>Can refill your items anytime, including potions
>Mantles give you OP abilities like no knockback, never be seen by the monster unless you attack or a full new health bar
>Monsters do not adapt to these changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish
>Monsters have been given more generous weakspots, the main examples of this being Rathalos getting an 80 (!) MV on its head, and Diablos with a 40 MV in its head for blunt weapons. What this means is that monsters die much more quickly, as well as making them more exploitable
>31 Large monsters, most of them are tutorials, gimmicks or irrelevant
>It has the worst High rank final boss in the entire series
>Areas are huge and can be confusing, chasing down the monster takes a lot longer than in previous games, to the point where hunts can be 50% chasing and 50% hunting
>3 monsters per area means monsters encounters are much more common, making cheap hits from attacks you can’t see or getting combed by 2 monsters at the same time much more common. It wouldn’t be so much of a problem if dung was easy to farm, however they made it even more annoying and time consuming than before.
>Heartbeat shows about how much health the monster has left

Continuing on the next post.

How the fuck do I expand the ancient tree's ability? I am on nergigante and I still only have 1 slot and an upgraded harvest box.

Is it time to apologize after all?

Which is better DPS? Max Affinity Critical Boost Elementless Sin or Handicraft Elementless Diablos Clubs II?

No amount of time will make XX less garbage.

Can anybody tell me why I dont have a gold checkmark on village 9* in 3U despite having done evrything except Mark of a Hero? Do I need to do that first even though its not on that tier?

>No G-Rank, though it is expected from the first game in a generation
>90% of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it. Contrary to popular belief, this does not change in high rank, the weapons still look the same.
>New skill system removes negative skills and is dumbed down for the masses
>No gunner armor
>Soundtrack feels generic in certain areas and a step down from older games
>The music for past monsters was changed for the worse
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>DLC is overpriced content that should've been in the game in the first place
>Events now cost money as well
>Quests only available only during a certain timeframe
>Guild and village quests were merged, amount of quests lowered drastically
>Lobby system is garbage
>So is the squad system
>Playing the story missions with other people is bad, with you needing to see the cutscene first, then send an SoS signal, only then, other people can join.
>Can't give rooms names, nor give them a password
>Only way to reliably play with randoms is to use the SoS system, which means you will be fighting almost dead monsters with people who will leave as soon as its dead
>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
>The chat is awful and encourages people to not use it
>Loading is much longer than before, with quests needing two different loading screens
>You can't pause the game
>Transmogging removed, only decorative armor are the ones you have to buy as DLC
>Only 1 palico is allowed, no different classes

Feel free to add to this list.

>Wait with a friend next to a sleeping Legiana for the last guy
>Goof around
>Play clapping emote
>Clapping actually wakes monsters up
I love this game.

What makes it garbage?

>Chad XX
>93 large monsters
>tons of quests, G rank, challenging endgame
>brings back fan favorite villages and npcs
>free and solid online experience
>gameplay over visuals; transmog allowed

>Virgin World
>31 large monsters, 90% of which are wyverns
>ends at high rank, no transmog so even less reason to hunt and then craft most monsters
>nothing actually challenging to do
>abysmal online system that even costs extra
>visuals over gameplay; transmog not allowed but system still there for cosmetic dlc

fresh OC from a normiebook group I'm in

Do your optional quests, talk to people with ! marks

>Shitposting and console wars gearing up this early in the thread

Could we not?

could do better but still fappable
got more?

It's not shitposting if it's true.

All Odoggo weapons are inferior in everything they do.

flubber thigh

>comparing a HR game to a G-Rank game
>comparing the best selling MH in history that will define the future of the franchise to a spritedump game by ichinose and his interns
Go back to your discord hugbox to play your dead game.

Shit designs, anime supermoves, weeb pandering

List of problems with every Monster Hunter since FU:

>shitty rehashed gameplay/content in dire need of a revitalization that world brings and should have brought years ago

I've banged hotter whales.

Shit designs? As opposed to "totally not Plesioth" Jyuratodus or "This is not Uragaan I swear" Radobaan?
Or are you talking weapon designs? I sure hope not.

And if you hate anime moves, why are you playing MHW? It has a lot of very anime moves, just look at the Hammer super spin or spirit helm breaker for example. Or Dual Blade slicing along the spine of a monster.
Oh right, "anime" is only used as an argument against X/XX.

So I finished my charge blade build and I'm not sure I can go back to using anything else. Why is this weapon so good?

Do elder tempered tracks reset over time in expeditions or do you need to keep switching maps?

BING

Reposting question: What can the CB shield guard and not guard? I tried guarding Nerg's flying dive with a charged shield and I died suddenly.

Any suggestions for an endgame lance set for someone with no good decorations yet? Is the Jay Leno three set bonus worth it?

world doesnt truly revitalize things. ultimately its the same MH we've always played, just much easier.

Because you didn't play Gunlance yet

>"This is not Uragaan I swear" Radobaan?
I like Radobaan. The idea is interesting, and his naming seems intentional that he's almost a subspecies.

>most common elemental endgame weakness is thunder
>only 2 thunder monsters
>tobi which ends at rare 6, so it's shit
>kirin it is then
>need 10 azure horns total to max lance

Damn they really want you to grind the everlasting shit outta kirin

Shitposting it is, then.

Last time I checked World didnt have a ugly catloli doing some idol shit as final cutscene

Unlocked the ice house for the canteen that makes all ingredients fresh.

Thanks monhun

>running AWAY from nergi
>go to super man dive as he dive bombs
>DOES A REGULAR ROLL

i really really hate nergigante and his bullshit. Easy as fuck monster but watch out for his one shot move lol :^)

how can you complain about anime supermoves and weeb pandering when the insect glaive can literally fly in World

You are right, World has the ugliest npc ever made in MH history instead

>comparing shit like helmsplitter which is literally stab a dude and then jump in the air to slash the mon with spinny chainsaw CB and glowy eyes demon king super special instinct mode for DB
>comparing a literal alien monster that's supposed to look out of place to a fucking jetpack dragon
>arts and styles
Yeah nah fuck you and your trash game. I'm glad MH is past handhelds and will never return there in a meaningful way. You might get p5th by ichinose if you beg enough though.

Any lancers know if the Water Spike III or Thunderpiercer get white sharpness at handi +5?

Anime is only bad when it's used to shittalk MHX and XX user - it's really cool if it's in World.

Oh you silly user, the cat loli is in X, not in world

Guess I'll make that my next build then.

Can anyone help me with nergigante? i've been stuck on him for 4 hours

I know >bad

I soloed up until this point.

Try acquiring proficiency.

>its not retarded anime shit when its intentional!

I can help you out, I've been fighting Nerg for a fuckton, I'm garanteed to not cart, even if my times are not the best. post room

Trying to make a good HH build

>implying old monhun was ever even slightly challenging outside of G rank
ok whatever and world is the biggest change up this series has seen since tri so thats enough, and the potential world has is so great the capcommies must be creaming themselves just at the thought of it

Odogaron Coil B might do the trick, it has the same slots as Nerg's too, thanks

>Tfw you got bored of MHW's ''endgame'' and went back to completing XX
Fuck, i hate being such jaded faggot. I just want the next game already

Should have widerange and mushroomancer.

Now you get it.
MHW has _potential_ as a basis for future games and DLC.
MHW itself, as it is right now, isn't that great. There's lots to fix, improve and lots to add before that could be said.

Only two left I am so close to losing sanity

please respond

just like every monhun before it, but world has twice the potential of them. lets stop talking in circles now last (you) from (me)

...how?! I did all the sidequests... god, please don't tell me it's from capturing endemic life

I don't think so?????????????? Not sure tho

>There's lots to fix, improve and lots to add before that could be said.
like what? lol you fucking elitist

What are the best Switch Axes, aside from Diablos?

People are carting a lot today. Feels like a waste of time when shit like this happens.

Best lance and set?
Is guard lancing the new meta or is evade lancing still king?

>Plesioth
OH NO NO NO NO

What's the best overall hammer bros? Blos?

Is the Lance sleeper OP? Power Guard makes monster mechanics ez.

Is it just too much for brainlets to handle?

attack his spines bruh

List of bad things in mhw:
1. Canteen
2. Ancient Forest

Black Diablos

Like the entire online system, the lacking weapon variety, the missing monsters that aren't wyverns, the investigation system (filters, hello?), the endgame with huffing kirin farts being rather boring, the gathering hall, the lift placements...

ya

>rare 6, so it's shit
OH NO NO NO NO

It's a really good game as it is. It has things that do need improving, but saying "it isn't great" is horseshit.

Something I saw in the last thread:
>Demon Charm increases the likelihood of aggressive monsters encountered during expeditions being extremely small or large. Armor Charm does the same, but for less aggressive monsters.

What Demon Charm is this? I already have Power and Armor, both charms and talons, but I don't see any "Demon Charm" in my store

>Is it just too much for brainlets to handle?
Lance is THE brainlet weapon, though.

All you have to do is spam pokes and guard when the monster's about to do anything.

Fuck, it looks like shit though. Are there any others that can come close to it?

Nerg is pretty good too, also teoestras is decent. I don't feel like any others are worth using

Astera could be a lot more compact. Like, ridiculously more compact.

Just up your hunter level with different tempered monsters until you get the kirin tempered at 49 and just track that pony until you're satisfied and leave the mission. Or, if you want to get past HR 49, keep grinding until you unlock the Tempered Val Hazaak/Odogaron optional, as that is repeatable, for easy tempered tracks. In regular expeditions, the tempered Elder dragon tracks never move. Ever.

horn maestro is unnecessary as you'll be doing recitals for damage anyway

vaal and nergi

should cosplaying be illegal?

>Charge Blade is THE brainlet weapon, though.
fixed you're grammar

Pleb, the only problem is that monsters aren't aggressive enough

its absolute not great.

Can Vaal get white with 2 or 3 handi?

Lance is low skill floor, medium skill ceiling

CB is medium skill floor, medium skill ceiling

Lance is literally the most simple weapon in the game for retards, because if you aren't in a rush for kills you are never at risk of dying, EVER.

You know she must be hideous under that

There needs to be a sorting function for investigations

I can't tell if this post is meant to be sarcastic

both games have outlandish shit, some of the outlandish shit from XX even got copied to MHW. Even besides that in MHW you have shit like DB spinning down the spine of the monster, IG literally flying and Hammer spinning like a madman

Do people really think the crazy super moves is what made XX bad? Did those people even play it? If anything it breathed more life into a couple of them. Striker SnS, LS and Lance were incredibly fun.

No idea why people are making it to be a competition

Thanks man

I'D is Xw7zDuwKycE

Can someone recommend me a set for greatsword that doesn't require any decorations? I want to try out the weapon for a while but don't want to commit to farming a shit ton of decorations up front.

not sure how much it needs but getting 5 handi is pretty easy with a charm and deathstench legs

someone's projecting
also
>she

That's not cosplaying that kigurumi.

Are all the tempered elders as bullshit as kirin?

>CB is medium skill floor
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO