/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

cute hat girl edition

Previous thread>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn (embed)

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3 (embed)

Figures the general would die while I was away

Or, the thread. Whichever.

where are muh god bugs

should i start hollow knight now or wait for gods and bugs?

Hollow Knight is a lot of fun.

it's a Good Game

is not what i'm asking

dumb unpopular idol

It's a nice, fairly challenging game that I would recommend you pick up even if the last main DLC isn't out yet. you might not even finish the main game by the time the DLC comes out if you go for 100%.

Speaking of which, I finally got my old save file back from my older computer and now I have NO fucking clue what I was doing. I THINK I was trying to find a dream boss easy enough to beat so I could get the last mask shard, but I don't remember what else I was doing... And I think this might help me figure out my progress? Or should it be my charms instead? map?

I mean... charms are usually a good indication of progress too? I think?

how long it is?

I'm clocked in at 30 hours on my file, but I'm kind of the guy who gets lost, meanders and likes to take his time so that might not be the best indicator.

Fuck it... throwing a map shot in too because I took it.

In retrospect, it probably would have been nicer to spoiler tag those images, but It's not exactly feasible to do that anymore.

Yeah, you're short on essence. Go beat up either dream warriors or dream bosses.

Oh wait nevermind that, you should go pick up the thing that gives you shadow dash. It's in ancient basin.

Steam says my gametime is 35 hours, which would be my first playthrough finished to 100%. Of course that was before they added content to it.

either that or that is shade cloak and i can't tell what shit is. if so, go beat up the last dreamer in fog canyon.

I've got sharp shadow, so I think I'm fine on the shadow dash.

alright yeah, thought that was mothwing at first
so yeah go clear fog canyon and queen's garden

If anyone wants to play a good metroidvania, there's Treasure Adventure World that just got released recently

You can get the original game on gog, but it's still a pretty nice remake

>Paula, Ness, and WW Link's outfits on the clothsline.
I chuckled reasonably.

is gods and bugs the last dlc?
i want to play the full thing

or i can play and play the dlc separeted
or there is an ng+
idk

>is gods and bugs the last dlc?

Don't know. I think they want to do a Hornet thing, but I don't know if that'll be a DLC or a standalone thing

is like in dark souls dlcs or i can play dlc stand alone?

A good chase ending in a good fight with a worthy foe. This was a good sidequest chain. And it left me with enough loot to pay the Oasis trainer for at least two levels of a high level spell. Cool.

Actually, while I'm at it, which dream boss do you think is the most managable? Because they tend to move so fast that I can't regenerate health even with the fast focus thing.

random side note: It bothers me on a completionism level that there's no shadow version of focus, because now there's just a big ole white circle in the middle of my shadow powers!

divinity or divinity 2????

Why not both?

Empire of the Undergrowth. Ant colony RTS/sim game. It's in early access and doesn't have a ton of content yet, but what's there is pretty solid desu.

Screenshot mode is fun.

Anybody else playing this?

You cut that out

it's unfinished yet

Be who you want to be and always believe in yourself. I guess this is the best answer I'm going to get from the game.

Just finished Rain World. Easily in my top 5 of last year. but...
I fight monsters, survive killer rain, and talk to gods, and I don't get reunited with my family?
Instead I just go into the void to personally remove myself from the "cycle". Fuck That.
If that was the just the Monks ending, Pure Kino.
Felt like survivor had different motives.

?
almost there

>almost is not enought

>is gods and bugs the last dlc?
There is no information if it is the last dlc, But there is a "the final chapter of the Knight’s journey" statement in dlc announcement blog post, do it might be the last "seamless" dlc.
So far dlc's integrated into the game somewhat seamlessly, adding content to main game. On the one hand, you might be able to access new dlc content on your "game complete" save with zero problems; on the other hand, there is a precedent for locking-out some content for particular save by in-game decisions.
There is no ng+

If you have time, I would recommend playing Hollow Knight right now, without waiting for "full thing". There is no solid date on current dlc release, there is no solid dismissal of future dlcs, so it's kinda pointless - devs might at any point decide to make a new addition, making previous "thing" "not full".

thanks
love you
make babies together

is this enough

This is not the baby making general

Niko is also not for lewd

You know, hollow knight is making me REALLY sick of having to change my charms when i die to get soul to get ready for the boss fights that just kicked my ass.

Anyone fight any of the grimm troupe yet?

>I think that you are a fraud.

>having to change my charms when i die to get soul
You don't have to neither change charms nor get soul.

are those straight up legacy of goku assets?

>100%'d hollow knight first playthrough
>did an iron man run
>uninstalled and sealed it away with games "too sacred to play again"
>skip to feb 2018
>someone puts hollow knight OST in their unrelated video

how do i control this urge? i feel it would be wrong to try experiencing it again the same way

Yes, but it takes forever to get soul back in preparation for a boss fight that I keep dying to if I don't swap back in the dream needle charm.

Just stopping in to say Celeste is pretty good.

The sprite isn't very cute though... In the portrait she's fine but the sprite looks kinda awkward. I've seen qt sprites before so I'm sure it can be done at such a resolution.

Remember to spay and neuter your indie games

hehehe hat gurl CUTE

Other years posters?
Why do you grind all this soul? Do you start fights shooting souls into bosses?

We have to go cuter

I almost came.
Nightmare for card of the year.

Oh, then I guess we'd better move on from Niko.

How dare you

hat kid not cute

I agree.

I suck at video games and win them by seer perseverance. Yes I usually start out with magic, but if the boss is hard enough sometimes I'll just say fuck it, equip the sorcerer charm, have a hugeass healthbar and try to kill him before I die by spamming the shadow upwards magic thing. It worked on the grey zeke I guess... but that might have been because I was tired of fighting him over and over again, and just tried to get it over as soon as possible.

Is Niko wearing tights? That's pretty gay.

You misswrote cute.

Is crossdressing straight now?

from the image i'm gathering that the game is not very A E S T H E T I C and lacks interesting art direction, which is more than half of what makes a new game in this genre interesting

theyre just minor content additions to the base game. you've got a little hub town which gets some new buildings and such, then they can add a doorway to new places anywhere they want to on the map for the actual content

What dis

Slay the spire, rogue poison build i suppose.

>Slay the spire
Early Access
REEEEEEEEEEE

Finish your games you indie fucks

>early access
Well, it says on screenshot, you could start REEEEing much sooner.

Hmm oops, indeed. Thanks for the name anyhow. I'll add it to my wishlist.

I mean, it's still really fun.
You can do crazy shit like that.
I did 4000 damage.
32 is a lot.
It's all about how you synergize.

I'm on a PC where I can't install let alone launch steam but I might be able to transfer game files via USB stick.

Will I be able to launch underrail without Steam? I have it installed on my home PC but not on this onr.

I think you can join your Steam and GoG accounts and get GoG's installer.
Emphasis on "Think".

What's a good magical shooter? Hard Reset is kinda fun, but I'm tired of guns, I want to shoot spells.

And please don't recommend Ziggurat, they're only magical in appearance and still use ammos.

There's Leap of fate, but it's top down.

Dammit. I even tried Magic Maker, it was meh.

Definitely had the easiest time with soul master EX so far. You can get a free hit in during his charge and free healing in during his rotating balls, and phase two is a joke. Hitting him the rest of the time is kind of a bitch but everything he does is fairly straightforward to dodge. Zote 1 isn't too awful either but he is kind of an asshole.

I don't

Lil Niko is a cute.

>play sunless sea for the first time
>going kinda well, explorin' near
>decide to go north
>"The land that is no-land clutched you"
>lose half of crew
>Appear on the other fucking side of the map
>High terror
>one supply

FUCK

I wasn't really impressed with Oneshot's original ending, but Solstice was really good.

I wish we could've talked more with Niko in that playthrough though.

Haven't played it since they changed the combat. How is it now?

I wish I had done something with my life, made a game like all these other indie people. Well, maybe I don't want to be like that Fez guy.

What even is it? Gonna need a name here

Sailing off the map is a Bad Idea unless you really know what you're doing. Even if you really know what you're doing it's probably still a bad idea. Have a nice death, and better luck with the next captain.

I wasn't huge on its initial release but I've really enjoyed the most recent version with zubmariner. Combat's still not particularly complex though.

>Have a nice death, and better luck with the next captain.

I actually survived and made it back alright, so now I have a nice idea of what's off to the side of the map and some nice new achievements. I'm wondering how long that luck will last

NG+ or should I try abandoning Zulf and activating Bastion evacuation mode first while I still can replay Terminals?

Oh, how high did it kick your terror? I figured you were 90+, which steadily murders your crew until everyone's dead. If you were more 80-70 it's handleable. Even with 90+ you can get to terror reduction if you know where ports are and have the ability to dive(look forward to meeting Constant Companions though, they're assholes). Oh, also, if you haven't found it out yet: If your ship gets destroyed while at sea, you can exit to main menu and continue from the last port you were at. Convenient when you accidentally sail into mt nomad's face and get oneshot.

Hatkid is precious and anyone who lewds her should be publicly executed

>abandoning Zulf
Played that game twenty times. Never abandoned him. Not even once.

I don't even understand his motivation at this point. He tried to ruin Bastion because, ughh, it's a symbol of Caeldonia that caused the Calamity? What did he try to achieve? Even Ura, his own people, opposed him in the end.

He hit 100 stress and decided that he wanted to return to his homeland and bring a gift to make them like him more. Instead they got fuckin pissed because stealing the crystal brought an angry hammer down on them.

Well, a man who is ready to jump has a condition, alright, but this whole lashing out on monument and running away was irrational. Eh, maybe I'm a brainlet for those kind of plot twists.

He wanted everyone to get along, got pissy when he learned that the Caelondians planned to build a weapon to destroy the Uras (never said if they wanted to try it or not), backstabbed the two remaining Caelondians, and then the Uras turned on him because the Kid tore through their defenses.
All in all, he betrayed because he felt betrayed. Imagine you're in love with a girl, and you found out she only really loved your money and was trying to kill you. The love turns into hate instantly.

I kinda really like that the Uras turned on him because the Kid was fucking their shit up THAT MUCH in retaliation. Kid's a steamroller.

It also shows that he is quite worthless to Ura.