/wowsg/ - world of warships admiral

HAND OVER THE CLAN EDITION

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/ec862KsG
pastebin.com/6evJAyns

>0.7.1 update
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-07_1-patchnotes/

>French BB collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france/

>World of Waifubaits collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/become-a-blue-mermaid/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Erobeat
[HOTEL] or [KUMA] on EU - just ask in chat.
[RIDF] on NA - contact supreme leader F22xRaptor

hand over the clan jake

GOD BLESS THE US NAVY
GOD BLESS THE RIDF
GOD BLESS BOTES

HAND OVER THE CLAN YOU FAT CHINK BITCH

threadly reminder

SIEG RIDF o/

HAND IT OVER JAKE

RIDF RUNS THESE STREETS!

When will Greg realize he is advocating for the same things as the RIDF?

nice photoshop nu-/wowsg/

Greg will see the light soon

SIEG RIDF!

nice cherrypicking

> people haven't realized Jakes already removed people from the clan listing on the win sheet
The first purge wave is coming.

Will Jake's unborn child be more autistic than herself?

>jake and haruna just sit silently in the RIDF divs voice chat

how autistic are they

Here you go. Cherrypicked, just for you.

>try to ram BB in my DD
>announce to BB I will ram him
>he fucking torps me at 0.5 km

I didn't even know BB's had torps until right then

>lots of instances where raptor dies while most of his team is still alive
wow he's actually doing his job of tanking well
thanks for providing another example of raptor's great teamplay

>harnua's going to be the Depcom within the week.
Gonna be nice.

>still lost
????????????

Ban everyone who namedrops

you can still recognize players who did well and did their job regardless of whether or not it was a win or loss

then whoever is alive are fucking trash. why weren't they sent in to do something?

>they didn't die like a boomer charging into a cap

>like a danmanlott charging into a cap
ftfy

Is this an OK skill if you have 1 point extra?

for what class?

You already have PT and PM?

Yeah I'm done with /wowsg/ because of this RIDF shit

ANOTHER NIGHT OF RIDF VICTORIES

SIEG RIDF o/

oh no, please don't leave

whats your IGN, we'll add you to the RIDF hit list

NOT EVEN THE RIDF CAN BEAT THE BBC

But Haruna's div beat PUPPY

GregL385

Go ahead, I am not scared of you RIDF faggots.

GRUG

Dunq

I have PM, PT seems kinda redundant since the Dunkerque get's spotted from nearly the other side of the map

>he isnt RIDF

Why can't the US get a tier 5 CA Furutaka equivalent?

As if the US needed more reasons to render IJN absolutely useless

EL or PT then over the catapult skill for sure

Hmmm now that you mention it EL could be useful, the Dunk's 330mm guns firing AP are really damn weak at tier 6 against BBs but they're still great for ripping apart cruisers

The weird gun layout, less torpedoes and no aircraft I think evens things up BUT AMERICA SHOULD HAVE ONE OF EVERYTHING EVERY OTHER COUNTRY HAS ITS WHAT WE DESERVE

>60% allied bb rams a 10% enemy bb

RIDF Official Flag where?

What's the story behind the stinky cheese thing?

He doesn't know the way of the cheese

Threadly reminder that KUMA still exists as the only rightful pure Veeky Forums clan on EU.
KUMA will continue to be a reminder that HOTEL still has changed not one of the underlying issues that led to the founding of KUMA in the first place.
As long as the corrupt HOTEL administration keeps providing a safespace for clear redditors, 9gaggers, funnyjunkers and other outsiders KUMA will stay alive.
KUMA will happily disband as soon HOTEL actually starts caring about being a Veeky Forums community again instead of only wanting capable players to carry them out of Gale 1.

Go for a jog brake

Fix your clan instead of namedropping on some chinese cartoon picture forum

Maybe skip the jog and go straight for the pills?

Im just in there so i dont get spammed with constant clan invites.

>girl in doujin has thighhighs
>she takes them off

Dropped unless smell get involved tbqh

But think of the feelings, we must protect them; also we need people for CWs, and we can't limit our horizons to just people from here.

>It's a "BB's sit at max range don't hit the enemy while the enemy caps all points episode"
And then they have the guts to complain why CA's and DD's get fucking wrecked when they try to cap shit without BB's backing them up.

Yeah all those outsiders are a really good addition for the roster when they downrank into Gale again.
They might reach Squall when left on their own.

>and we can't limit our horizons to just people from here.
Yes you can

Should young girls be drinking sake?

Ok mister unicum, then why don't you show up and teach us to be as good as you are

I HAVE LIKE OVER 20 DUPES AND STILL HAVE 10 WAIFUS LEFT TO COLLECT REEEEEEEEEE

If you would stop recruiting from reddit there would be space for people from the general to join and show you

>Implying it will be as tanky as furutaka.
Nah it is going to be lolpenned by it's own guns, much less BB guns

I wish there was an option to prefer carrier games. I'd have it on all the time when I play my cleveland.

>[HOTEL]HOTERU founded by an azerbaijani redditor who grinds it to ponies
>set up tryhard CW spreadsheet for team composition with weekly avaiability too
>former is ignored, clan performs awfully, spams battles brainlessly with awful lineups, unless some of the decent guys are around to carry and lecture others on the basic rules everyone should have figured out by now
>has autistic retarded deputies who make up useless overcomplicated rules, all of which are promptly disregarded and never enforced
>meanwhile both former and current officers fail hard on the most basic level, and allowed people who've never even visited the thread
>20% of the other players in hotel probably found Veeky Forums through 9gag/reddit and are literal helpless normies sticking out like a sore thumb, complaining about anything
>most of which only exist within the borders of hotel discord
>but we are supposed to think current state hotel is /wowsg/ clan because a few autists each one with 250 individual battles and external help got 5 typhoon flags

Anyone else had a chance to play the French BBs?

I tried out the Bretagne, I would rate it as a better NY but still a very boring ship.

I don't think anyone here got anything more than a Bretagne. Someone posted here a screen of a guy saying he bought four hundred French crates and still didn't get the Richelieu, so I think drop rate are so abysmal it's basically impossible to get one. Actually, now that I think about it, Bretagne are quite common, and I saw a handful of Lyon too. Lyon seems on the OP side of things, Bretagne seems fairly balanced.

t3 - t5: dogshit, but their guns are really good at citpennign cruisers
t6: 12 guns, it just werks
t7: 16 guns, what more do I need to say. Yeah, sometimes the dispersion is so hilariously terrible that you still miss, but blapping something with 16 guns is equally hilarious. The armor is pretty terrible, too.
t8: boring shit gameplay like in NC, but you're fast
t9: Holy shitting dick nipples, batman! A fun t9 BB? Agile, OK guns, passable secondaries, OK AA,
t10: did not play, but looks a bit shit

>boring shit gameplay like in NC
I hear it has great secondaries though, like bismarck-tier

I miss tumbledown

Base range 7 km
three twin 100 mm per side, 4 sec reload 6% fire chance
three triple 152 mm covering the rear, 12 sec reload 12% fire chance
You can only get two of the 152s firing to one side, and then not reallyy far forward.

They are OK, but even speccing for full secondaries will not make them be as good as those on Bismarck.

You're better off doing the bow-in thing, becasue getting close enough for secondaries will probably result in you giving broadside to somebody, and that will get you citpenned.

The Richelieu and Alsace behavea lot like NC or Iowa in how and when they get citpenned. They do have a turtleback slope, but nothing like what the Germans got.

NC and Iowa are great for playing agressive to outflank the enemy forces. With french speed it might be great fun.

Tier 10 carriers are scary, I think a midway just managed to get 10 torps into my Lion

JUSTWASDLMAOGITGUDBABBYCRYMORELOVEYOURTEARSXD

>Bismarck
>Atago comes steaming at me, turns broadside 6km away
>ez
>pump 8 rounds into the waterline
>5 overpens
>alright let's try that again
>fire
>6 overpens
>he torps me and I die
>look up atago on the wiki
>"Citadel is very vulnerable"

What the FUCK

>Bismarck
You can't blame a target for not eating your shotgun shells.

What if you'd been not retarded, turned away and just laughed at the stupid nip while he helplessly died in your secondaries?

What if Raptor doesn't like me?

Welcome to World if Overpens. At close range most cruisers become invulnerable to AP. My hypothesis is that this happens because of the flat trajectory shells keep at short distances, meaning they can travel straight through the hull instead of diving inside their citadels. Another reason might be that WG tweaked AP fuze in some way.

Meanwhile DDs gets nuked by BB AP from up close with no cit at all.
You get 4k single hit overpens on loliboats pretty often

How do you learn to aim with a spotter plane up?
I'm really fucking terrible at estimating vertical lead.

Then you're a looser who can't join RIDF

try a training room, maybe

>instead of diving inside their citadels.
The only problem with this theory is that Atago (all IJN cruiser do) has above water citadel.

Isn't the option to have bots that move gone?
You can't really learn much from hitting stationary targets, aside from maybe penetration testing.

Above water doesn't mean that it protrudes up to the superstructure, and anyway, as far as I know, citadels can be overpenned.

I think the only citadel that is narrow enough to be overpenned is HIndenburg's if you simply show broadside at short range.

brb, kicking luger

>single enemy DD contesting cap in smoke
>half the team refuses to maybe push the cap
>DD holds off 6 people for over 5 minutes

>in smoke
>for over 5 minutes
I'll take 'Other things that never happened' for 300.

The result is 'chink dd'! Where do I collect my 300 doubs?

>read about japanese destroyers on wikipedia
>get lost in the sheer amount of classes and subclasses
just how fucking many did they have good god

Less than the USN.

Six or seven main classes, with two or three sub-classes each?

It's mostly nitpicking anyway, they come in four flavors:
Old and crappy with torpedoes, crappy guns and no AA
new-ish with good torpedoes and top-heavy with torpedoes, less crappy guns and no AA
new with good torpedoes, OK guns, bad AA
new with good guns, OK torps, still sub-par AA

Haven't played for over a year, what has changed since then? Also which clan should I join on EU and why?

>what has changed since then?
A few mechanic changes here and there. WG is slowly but surely updates old lines and adds new. Clan wars, collections, PvE missions, etc.
>Also which clan should I join on EU
KUMA
>and why?
Because there is no open places in HOTEL.
Although if you want to participate in clanwars, that can be a bit of a problem, since KUMA doesn't have a team.
Don't forget to ask for a code, if you are willing to come back

Why not start your own clan if you need everything run exactly as you prefer? Oh wait…

>which clan on EU
None, it's for the best. Also, play the game without reading the obnoxious clan drama, weeb shit that's been posted here.
>what changed
some new lines implemented
some new mechanics added/removed (stealth-firing removed, deep-water torps, smoke-detectability,...)
overall more missions and campaigns with decent rewards
some maps were changed for the better
PvE events to earn better rewards the better the results were
clan wars that are basically ranked season but in T10 with certain rules

HOTEL if you have at least a T8 and want to play CW (though I guess you're out of the TX meta for the moment).
KUMA if you just want some comfy clan bonuses without worrying about the competitive side.