/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Wifu edition

> Eureka 4.25
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/358806-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XLII-Update-Thread

> 4.2 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/75c691f90f4a7da3907f0671ac33e139e9792abf

> Feb 19th patch, locked servers re-opening and new housing districts unrestricted.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f4acfd71a5a9a3b2a8852436b2408e1ace628e3f

> Job Guide
na.finalfantasiaxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

> Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/FZZm7Rbn

> Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEYvI83qPWw
youtu.be/mCuZG1LuajI
soundcloud.com/chloejanemusic/photographs
youtube.com/watch?v=d213-P8ApUg
youtube.com/watch?v=iMxMOJYhN4c
store.na.square-enix.com/product/421917/encyclopaedia-eorzea-the-world-of-final-fantasy-xiv-book
youtube.com/watch?v=O0C4WvsWy2A
youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw
youtube.com/watch?v=cv4sq8Ri-A4
youtu.be/sFvzv1h3UHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm thinking about resubbing.

Anyone on Gilga wants a friend...?

Should I transfer to Balmung?

What top raiders post here?

Poyo are you still here? Please give this a listen and tell me what you think, okay?
youtube.com/watch?v=OEYvI83qPWw

Who are some friendly people that browse the general?

Why are you posting my husbando?

she is going to fuck you

>Kaori commissioned monstergirl art with his miqote altered to be an Anubis.

Post paissas

We're lurking.

Post hotbars! How do you optimize space?

even better

Qt
What are you looking for?

Can you teach me how to do that, mine is a mess

I propose that all nice people wear this mask as their identification badge to single them out!

>Well heres the thing about Holmgang, if you NEED to use it, then something is wrong in the first place. Assuming you arent a retard, but your healers are, if a tankbuster brings your HP to 1 with Holmgang, then the healers need to stop fucking around.
reminder to never listen to this general

Final reminder till later today:
Why is Kaori the worst person here?
Literally the worst person here for the shit he likes and being the worst friendly facade offender here.
He'll backstab and blackmail you once you're useless to him.
Then his orbiters will make sure your life is a living hell if you're anywhere near him.
Don't associate with him at all if you value your sanity and your personal information as he logs everything and will use anything he finds against you.
Then there is the ERP he tries to force upon you, trying to involve anything with bulges, futa, facesitting or cum inflation.
Heck, he changed from his quite excellent male characters to a disgusting female miqote looking for ERP and attention. He'll also post old images of his past men to get attention too.
Truly Kaori is the worst and his character is fucking ugly to boot.

Oh it's you, the ex from the guy who shat in boxes
Nevermind then, begone.

POST CHARACTERS and songs

Me

>noon
Sandcat chemo confirmed for living in an eastern europe shithole.

Sweden?

Does it count if it's not my character? Or even a character from this game?
youtu.be/mCuZG1LuajI

Pfft. Everyone should wear the mask to keep the thread anonymous!

I wish the new PvP striking mask dyed better and was class agnostic.

Y-you too...

Its like you're trying to appear as stupid as possible. Holmgang is a safety net cooldown, it doesn't mitigate shit. If at any point during Byakko you NEED to use that because your health isn't high enough to survive it with or without other cooldowns, then the healers are more than likely sitting on their hands. Id trust that you have enough common sense to know that wasting ultimates on crap tank busters is a waste and sign of a bad party, but I'd rather be saved the disappointment.

soundcloud.com/chloejanemusic/photographs

What's your favorite minion, /xivg/?

Cutestwight

/hotbar copy [class 1] [#1] [class 2] [#2]

So you can copy one hotbar you don't use to a hotbar you have visible on your interface

For example, fill all your archer (not bard) hotbars with emotes, then make macros like

/hotbar copy archer 1 shared 6

To copy all the slots on your hotbar #1 from your archer to your shared (global) hotbar #6

This allows you to have up to 200 hotbars as long as you make macros for each one of them

youtube.com/watch?v=d213-P8ApUg

tenticle minion

It's a cooldown for using on tankbusters. It's been such a cooldown since its use as a tool in Akh Morn rotations. It has a use in all existing content, it can be used effectively on Arm and Hammer, too

Cute fuckable lalafel

>if healers aren't wasting gcds on healing because you can't press holmgang, they are bad

youtube.com/watch?v=iMxMOJYhN4c

Thanks, user.

Namingway.

No, you’re the moron. Holmgang frees up CDs and allows you to use them elsewhere. The healers don’t have to regen you or keep you above a certain HP threshold for the buster you’re using it on, and can instead just do damage. Planned holmgang does not “add stress” to the healers because all 3 of them have OGCDs to use to heal you back up when you hit 1 hp.

Without any question using holmgang sacrifices nothing at all, while allowing your healers to DPS more. But given the fact you responded with a Jojo reaction image I’d bet money that you aren’t too bright.

>I bought the 18 dollar butler suit

Yes, good.

where do you get that minion?

fuck my lalafel

>hurr, me warrior main. why me should use cooldowns for damage spikes or autos when me can just not use holmgang instead? why me healers should be allow to dps when i can do a fell cleave? hurr

Is AST shit?

It's the best healer

PAISSERS AND FAT CATS A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

Code that comes from the Encyclopaedia Eorzea lore book.
store.na.square-enix.com/product/421917/encyclopaedia-eorzea-the-world-of-final-fantasy-xiv-book

Not joking

youtube.com/watch?v=O0C4WvsWy2A

Unless its pre-determined when and where you're using HG, what kind of moron assumes its being used? No healer worth their salt will assume that and keep DPSing accordingly. Check back to Its not saying that its an organized static or party. When dealing with retarded healers, HG shouldnt be something you just use or HAVE to use because the healers arent healing. Akh Morn and terraslash are set places to use it, but on a random tankbuster not so much.

AST is factually top at both hps and dps.

Nice jokes.

Uhh
Only asking cause I started on it today, finding it fun

youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw

>what kind of moron assumes a tank is using a valuable cd for a tank buster
>saying “hey which buster are you holmganging” is illogical and unheard of
lol

It feels a little weaker and weird until you have your full kit and know what to do in any given situation. It's meant as a filler healer and is incredibly versatile with the different cards, but you're going to experience some frustration until you get more tools.

This looks like some Man in the Iron Mask shit also holy fuck the clipping is real with this hair.

I can see what you mean about frustration, I mean the biggest thing I've come across like that is for now being unable to set cards aside for later, otherwise it's fun

>Unless its pre-determined when and where you're using HG, what kind of moron assumes its being used?
Anyone in current raiding content. Don't single out Akh Morn alone, it's had a place for literally every existing raid's tankbuster rotation. Where you would have to use cooldowns, you can Holmgang and use them elsewhere. In O3S on week 1, you used it on Critical Hit. On Susano EX, you could use it on Stormsplitter. In O7S, you can use it on Arm and Hammer, or on the walking talking Thrub if you're off tanking O7S for whatever reason. It's more of an effort to come up with content where you wouldn't be assumed to use Holmgang as part of your cooldown rotation than it is to list places where it is assumed

Keep playing it, it's seriously the best healer(gib balance pls)

It's a fun class and jokes aside there nothing wrong with it. So play what class you like and enjoy your time.

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=cv4sq8Ri-A4
orchestrion roll never

I quite like the Panda Cub because pandas in general are fucking great. Also Wind-Up Nanamo.

Is this a thing we're doing now? I hope so. Masks are important.

AST is a very fun job to heal with, please keep playing it if you enjoy it. It gets really fun at level 70 due to sleeve draw, you will have a lot of cards to play around with. Make sure to install ACT to get the most use out of it so you know who needs the damage cards. You also have lightspeed which is a great skill in case you need a lot of casts really quickly.
Unless absolutely needed due to having a whm or diurnal astrologian use diurnal sect unless it's a 4-man boss and the tank is bad or you dont feel confident with dpsing anyway and want safety, I see a lot of ASTs making the mistake of being noct-only.

Nice misquote dipshit. If youre a healer that doesnt know when theyre using it, you shouldnt assume they are because thats fucking retarded.
>think tank will use HG
>doesnt
>dies
Or on the otherside
>think tank wont
>heal and shield
>pops HG and its wasted

Im not singling out AM. Theres clear and defined places where it could be used, instead of just another tank buster. Critical hit is a Tank Breaker, Stormsplitter is meant for a tank swap, but on a normal tank buster than can just be Adlo'd and another random CD, then holmgang loses that need for "This mechanic is what they're going to HG" and becomes "This one of many is what theyre going to HG on" But thats again assuming they dont think youre just gonna drop a single fucking GCD heal and they use a CD

Wind up Namamo is fucking adorable.

No there is something wrong with it. It's DPS is way too high for a healer class so most people just forgo healing to dps with it.

youtu.be/sFvzv1h3UHk

Very true!

For me it has always been Nutkin. I adore rodents in general and this little guy stole my heart the moment I saw him.

I nutkin'd the moment I saw you

If I just want to erp I should make a character on Mateus right?

>Exprensions
Nice layout thing, mine's super simple though. Would like to try something fancier but i've already gotten used to this.

Not a fan of minions honestly, best thing I ever did was hide minion names so those aren't cluttering up my screen, plus it looks better seeing them wander around without a name.

The card micromanagement is fun to me for some reason. WHM is kind of boring and I hate pets so SCH is just annoying.

yes and pst Mottone Kaku

>doing 5.4k dps in sigmascape
>think why is this shit taking so long
>everyone else was under 2k
Why is this shit allowed?

Mott doesn't like alts, sadly

doesnt seem like its stopped him

Just give it a day or two and you'll be able to make one on balmeme

this is why nobody talks about the game with you niggers lmao

I feel that brother. Actually hit enrage on train with 15% today because I was the only dps at 5k while everyone else was below the warrior at 2.5-3k. I didnt even know this fight had an enrage until today.

>carry an entire party with 95+ percentile dps
>all comms go to the tank who lost aggro on you 4 times and died to aero or the healer who only dps'd by accidentally assizing

what did you do with the morning tanga?

Housing is going to be hell isn't it?
I'm not sure whether i should aim for empty wards or nearly full wards. What do you guys think?

The maint is TOMORROW right?

Around 22 hours away, my dudely noodle.

panties glam
AST dress catches wind and movement easily, lots of upskirts.

I'll give you an upskirt, bby.

that's hot.

>healer catches me targeting them in rhalgars
>doing lewd shit with them 5 minutes later
Are they all this easy?

Would you sell them? How much?

They're in the glamour dresser, good luck retrieving them

men are DTF all the time

you were unaware?

I always catch people targeting me in rhalgrs when I sit around on my byakko kamui

Do you think it'll be safe to log out in a housing ward before maint to try and get a house?

I sure fucking hope so.

Make sure you put yourself on busy or people will try to cuck you with trades

If I can't have them can I at least see them?