/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread(s) (mhg) (mhq?)

Could anyone share some of their basic/tier 1 tempered investigations with me? I need to do 5 for the weekly.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why is Jho so overrated? Literally "dude it's a trex but he's green and big and angry just like Hulk lol xDD"
Glavenus is better

Make a session, I have some barroth and tobi ones.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

join SoS
Investigations
9*

Continuing the lance discussion the attack numbers for all of them seem pretty low. Does that really matter?

>image search
>the only notable find is pic related and this same cropped image posted with the same file name from fucking 2016
WHERE IS THE SAUCE?

You attack fast, so it doesn't matter.

Best Lance in the game is Elder Babel
Second best is Odoragan

best girl

Grandpa huntsman going to tell us how he fucked Luna and that's why Teo fucked him up.

thats because other weapons have to wait for openings and roll out of attacks
you can just not give a single fuck and poke away
if you're gud enough, that is

What makes those lances good? What skills should a lancer use? I'm getting really into this now.

You know those things that are just popular BECAUSE they're popular? Those things where they were pretty good when they were first made and a breath of fresh air or otherwise really broke the mold? Those things that aren't really that great anymore, but are kind of self-perpetuated as a sort of "you had to BE THERE, man" thing?

Yeah...

Halp~ which to choose ?

So you agree that Jho is shitty meme monster right?

Is there any way to upgrade the slots on a piece of armour?
It's kind of really bullshit that out of all the elder dragons, Vaal's is stuck at rank 1 decos.

Crit

If all you care about is damage, then 10% affinity for the first augment is pretty much always going to win. After that the bonus drops to 5%, and either affinity or raw will win based on your specific weapon/skills, but it's really too close to care.

Health Regen always. That's the correct answer for anyone who needs to ask because clearly they're a shitter and need all the help they can get to not cart.

Which gunlances are worth using?
I can't understand this shelling type shit.

Balancing.

Normal - low dmg per shell, higher ammo capacity, best full burst
Long - medium dmg per shell, medium ammo capacity, average full burst, best charged shot, longer range.
Wide - high dmg per shell, low ammo capacity, weak full burst, usually better raw dmg with the lance attacks.

joe is the absolute coolest you contrarian nancy boy

If I go back and play 3u would I be able to play online? If I can't and I go back and play the through the hub quests would monsters still have a health pool meant that's meant to be taken down by 4 players or will it only have slightly increased health?

>Balancing
Bullshit, it's not like this one's better than any of the others. Why not "balance" nerg's and kushes then?

Or do you mean "balancing" as in it looks too good so they have to make the skills shit?

Final Invitation where

Did you even read my post?

Is the Xeno set the only way to get razor sharp?

zorah and pinkian for fullburst, nergi and barroth for hitting things

How come it's only bow fags that triple cart on quests?

is Charge Blade a meme weapon?

I haven't played any games with him in it, but I find his visual design really interesting. It's simple, with a few unusual details. His mouth looks weird, like the jaw hinge is too far back. The way his tail bulges out a bit after it leaves his body, before tapering down, like it's been poorly drawn.

what's the point of guard points when you can saed from guard?

Yeah, it isn't nearly as powerful or easy as people make it out to be.

A remnant from a time when CB required more than 3 brain cells to play.

affinity increase
holy fuck i couldn't get streamstone for axe fuck this

Got a hopefully easy question. Been lancing for years, decided to give bow a try. It's pretty fun playing completely differently, but still getting the hang of the dodge roll. Crafted an ore line bow 4 I think and went after an HR anja, and got caught by the jump attack about half the time. Do you have I frames on the roll at all, or was I just mistiming it? Also, are elemental bows better than raw, depending on what coatings you can use, when the enemy is weak to that element?

ancient fish please appear

good luck user, i found 2 bristly crake in the time it took for that to appear for me

>anja lbg gets maybe 2 extra damage over nerg and in exchange has far worse ammo types (no dragon, no control, only support ammo is demon)
>Karma has a much better affinity and deviation, similar ammo types but lower attack
Damn it why must nerg always be king?

>Azure rath arena quest
>don't really know any of the weapons
>used hammer a bit in beta, so am using that
>azure rath is easy anyways haha
>get into arena
>3 flashpods
>5 para knives, which will get you 1 paralysis
>am expected either to kill him in 4 stuns, or to use bouncy bombs to knock him out of the air
>have never used bouncy bombs prior to this since flash pods are infinitely better for knocking shit out of the air

fuck, shit

I just want my lance

Curse of a flagship.

>World's new elder dragon
>easiest elder dragon in the game
>armor is only good for meme health-regen
>armor doesn't even have good deco slots to make up for it
Being Val is suffering.

The fluffy chikens? They appear at dawn.

which skills are good for lance?

I just really, really wish the nerg gun had a different ammo system. The spikes are a nice idea but its just retarded looking

Are you fleet of foot, /mhg/? Do you know the forest paths?

Just use kulu bow with free element. Or Diablos bow with special ammo boost and pierce up. In general, element can do some good damage depending on the monster's physical resistance.

Pls respond

Haven't seen razor sharp jewels yet so for right now maybe

If they existed, surely someone would have posted proof on the internet by now.

I never manage to break Kusha horns.

rarity 8 deco

Leave the CB patch to me

Ah darn sorry dude I forgot to check /mhg/ I'll make a session now if you still wanna play.

And also for anyone else, I'm looking for some low level tempered investigations so I can finish the weekly

Session: 68dsaLvw7rQy

>really want the arena lance
>really hate the arena

Use DBs, bait it to the big slope and just spam jump attacks once you run out of flashes and knifes. I got it to sub 15 solo and gold duo with that and DBs are braindead enough that anybody can play them.

i did it for my ls, but after farming arena and using the lance in arena i kinda wanna make the lance now

Congraz, here your price.

I feel you brah. I want that Arena hammer, but grinding those Rath coins is a goddamn asinine chore.

Isn't Nerg the first flagship that dominates so hard in terms of gear?
Gore wasn't that good, Valfalk wasn't that good either. Out of the fated 4 only Glavenus had great armor.

Thanks, I'll try this.

>butts into every hunt in every map
>a complete pushover by himself
>only purpose is to be annoying
>all gear is terrible
Is Bazel the most pathetic monster in MHW?

>bitch on mhg
>get what I what
erry time

Man...this thing is sooo good.

Guard and guard up if you want to be immortal. Evade distance for evade lancing, partbreaker is good too.

I just started using gunlance it's hype as hell. I feel like I should be building a new armor set though to really utilize it. I have all armors unlocked, what should I make?

>ugh i HATE playing monster hunter with actual health pools
>ugh where is my rocksteady mantle? fuck this game
>why isnt the monster falling over every 3 seconds?
worldsperm are the worst

That would be Brachydios, doodle
Even his armor pieces are used in Agitator mixed sets

>>all gear is terrible
Nigga his armor set is the most aesthetic in the damn game.

Brachy

It has one of the best themes and it kills shitters so it's great. It's like a flying, more annoying but easier Jho.

Dodogama. Even Great Jagras offer more resistance.

/mhg/ what's your favorite Bow?

Je suis monte to you too, friend

>Hey, you know how character customization and builds are an integral part of MH?
>Lets make a mode where players have to use preset gear, and lock weapons behind it!
Its bullshit.

since there are literally only 2 in the fucking game with an actual model, i'll go for black diablos and legiana

Dumb frogposter

Something with Dodogama, I dunno.

Diablos
Legiana
Tobi
Anja
Water Shot
Vaal

Diablos best hammer right?

>first encounter bazel
>get scared
>get killed because scared of scales
>fear bazel from now on
>get invaded
>decide to hit him
>hit his legs twice
>he topples over

and then I learned Bazel is a complete push over.
all bark and no bite

By a mile.

yeah. i went into mhw blind so i was stoked when he first popped up but was let down shortly after. same with odoggo.

Arena is fucking fun though, shitters not welcome.

those weapons are for good players, good players like arena. (read: not you)

bazel is the only monster in the entire game aside from Xeno that is even remotely threatening

t. lance

Do people online hate LBG users?
I am having fun with it.
Only started playing two days ago and been doing solo main quests so far.
Any tips to not piss people off as soon as I start doing co-op?

Played FU on PSP ages ago before World,to sum up my experience with the series.

With Handicraft yea.

Man I'm just starting on these arena quests and this is bullshit.

How the fuck do I kill a rath without a truckload of flashbugs?

JE

>Do people online hate LBG users?
>Any tips to not piss people off as soon as I start doing co-op?
???
why would anyone hate LBG users?

SUIS

Dont use Slicing Ammo and you will be fine.

MONTE

if you're new to bows give the tobi kadachi set a try, its easy to farm and cuts the cost of evading and increases the distance, you can pretty much dance around monsters rarely getting hit

This but unironically.