/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/sthg/ #1216 - Shadow The Edgehog Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zG_d4y46e7k
youtube.com/watch?v=hatZevmrNT8
youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_5WFkuwmY
etsy.com/listing/571195592/chaos-emeralds-large-gift-box-sonic-the?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sonic&ref=sr_gallery-1-8
youtube.com/watch?v=aq06spBMWqY
youtube.com/watch?v=8fZFkLHWAWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post Shadow

Blaze loves weed!

Post Shadow being edgy.

Edgy hog a cute!

>using the brainscratchcomms Shadow the Hedgehog commentary as background noise while I work
>enjoying the main crew's commentary but Amanda keeps being an out of place ascended fangirl straight out of the Zim fanbase

grabbu

What kinda edgy music do you think Shadow listens to?
I bet he likes early 00's emo music.
youtube.com/watch?v=zG_d4y46e7k

What are some examples, user?

Requesting fanart of Stablet the Ducc. He can summon knives at will to stab people with. He's a ducc obsessed with knives and his only objective in life is to stab every living creature in existence, including himself in the end.

Highlights from the new Bumblekast Q&A about IDW Sonic

>Ian says there's a character to be introduced that hasn't even been hinted at yet
>there's new characters that will appear at the end of the first arc, but will not come into their own until year 2 if plans stay the course
>after that he doesn't think they will have too many new characters, they'll explore the new ones introduced and play with the game characters
>no use of the word "mobians" or any variant, SEGA doesn't like the term
>he's treating year 1 like it's own arc
>they will experiment with story length (not locked into 4-issue stories like Sonic Universe was)

There's so much meme merchandise attempting to be sold and there's a lot of attempts of meme costumes. I just want more fan merchandise for this series. I don't know why you'd want Ugandan Knuckles plush or socks, even if it is your money.

Apparently Classic Rock.
youtube.com/watch?v=hatZevmrNT8

She keeps bringing up in-jokes only to not get any laughter from any of the others, which honestly makes me cringe in a sympathetic way cause that's totally something I would do, she's also really rawr xd-ish

youtube.com/watch?v=dfyNnUgK8qE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_5WFkuwmY

Considering when he grew up he'd probably like dad rock

I can imagine that has to be annoying though.
That's one thing I hated about being in call with others, being that one person that'd likely be either awkward or silent. Idk about rawr xd though.

slow rat

Do you know if future games will follow the IDW comic since it's based off the actual video game franchise? Knowing SEGA they'll probably want it separate.

This model would be closer to perfection if the pupils were more proportionate to the ones of the furry models from Unleashed and forward

I believe it's already been said that IDW Sonic is separate from the games.

shadow is a terrible character

this

Mina Milestone Maybe?

I'll vote for her

That model doesn't look too good

he's not that slow and he can fly you know

fast girl

>Do you know if future games will follow the IDW comic
the other way around

Crossover when?

i dunno the hair doesnt do it for me

the comic is going to loosely tie in with games, although expect them to basically be their own canon.

Sonic...

What would you do if Sonic was a curious boy who scratched his chin curiously?

>no use of the word "mobians" or any variant, SEGA doesn't like the term
This wouldn't be so infuriating if SEGA came up with their own term to use.

The games will be canon to the comic but the comic won't be canon to the games.

Like with pretty much every single spinoff media ever except Disney Star Wars where everything is treated as hard canon (and is a disaster).

give his ass a big slap!
oh wait... I'd so that regardless. tee hee

NO

BIG ARM

Wratsu thatu? Yuu wrant more Green Hirr Zoneu and Wirsps in Sonikku Nextu?

A bug must've got in Sonic's eye while running. No way he'd cry for Chris.

Sonic X Sonic canonically loves Chris, user

This looks like as if they had to replace a better character with Chris last minute.

I want Sonic to cry for ME

are the colors right, user?

etsy.com/listing/571195592/chaos-emeralds-large-gift-box-sonic-the?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sonic&ref=sr_gallery-1-8

S̛͞L̴̵̨Ǫ̵̛W̢ ̕R̸̵͡A̴̧T̴̀

Please draw Stablet. Please.

what if mina killed and ate vector haha just as a joke haha

no

Yeah I posted that last thread.

I remember asking earlier about this about how different merchandise, both official and unofficial, have different colors for the Chaos Emeralds and I wanted to know which ones to follow.

They said it was based on the S3&K colors.

what if she went on a coldblood killing rampage haha

I love him so much, but I'm not a good artist.

then get better

That should be a quick fix, though the commissioned model by Rafa will probably make this one obsolete.

Don't know who made it but it was done for free by an user here and I think it's excellent.

I prefer fuzzy hair over the plastic look

Good, means MAYBE the comic can touch on more darker themes than what would be allowed in the games. Or just flat out having more character development

Anyone else here get turned gay by Sonic?

what if mina ate all the main cast haha

sa nic!

>I prefer fuzzy hair over the plastic look
it feels closer to a realistic hair, which clashes with the rest of her cartoonish body imo

You have to go back from whence you came.

Strawberry Shortcake?

No, not all of us are faggots user

They did fur/chip's hair nicely in Unleashed and it didn't clash. Still need to play around more to get hair like this

Yep!

I just caught up on some of the IDW Sonic news and read that interview. I'm going to miss the Archieverse, but I'm optimistic about this fresh start. Especially since the team is basically the same.

But I don't know how I feel about Sega having a more hands-on role, though.

I'm hoping Honey becomes a regular side character, despite how unlikely it is.

>I'm hoping Honey becomes a regular side character
Keep on dreamin'

If they really aren't going to flood the book with new characters, I think the chances do go up.

>mfw finding out Kath Soucie plays Angela in Going Commando
Knew she sounded familiar.
She'd still be a good Sally

That's exactly was her problem early on thanks to her conditions, which is an unfortunate issue, being a product of its time. She's gotten better in much later videos of BSC, but earlier shit really pissed off many people. I'd still defend her in her behalf, but I'm not going to lie when I say her inclusion in the Sunshine video mid way really made it hard to look at the rest of the playthrough.

I will.

That's what I'm thinking. Sega approved of her introduction in Archie, so she's official-ish.

Plus, she'd be a fun character to have around and she's a competent fighter. With Ian's writing, she's also an excellent moodmaker.

I used to watch the 2003 version. Orange Blossom is my girl, but Strawberry Shortcake smelled the best imo.

I want Honey to appear in the games again!

DESTINY Tails would fucking kick Shadow's ass.

Sonic Fighter 2 when?

i want another sonic fighting game

>They did fur/chip's hair nicely in Unleashed and it didn't clash. Still need to play around more to get hair like this
that only worked because he is completely covered in that hair, while the bump model has two opposite kinds of hair/fur clashing together

Does Shadow actually have the ability to cure illnesses?

Only space aids

I think Project Shadow was shut down before Gerald could incorporate that. Shadow does have immunity to diseases, but a cure for them is out of the question.

Yeah, I can kinda see a way it "could" work with the dark brown between her nose being an excuse, but it doesn't flow as well as chip having red and white only colors. I also think the hair is far too detailed and doesn't have a nice "fluffy" look to them. Maybe it's just the lighting or something.

By Arc System Works.

but the real question is... could he defeat ... Fiona ?

>Dimps never got a chance to do a Sonic fighter like their Budokai games
Something in the style of Burst Limit would be nice

>Sonic Fighters 2 by Dimps
>Sonic Battle 2 by Arc System
A nice thought.

>no
tails gay as a fuck
I'd fuck that furry in a heartbeart

youtube.com/watch?v=aq06spBMWqY
>Remakes Sonic 4
>Does nothing to fix the problems of Sonic 4
Why bother? It's an impressive retake, but come on

they started the game like 2 months ago user
chill

Meh. I hope then they fix the problems instead of shamelessly porting Sonic 4 1-to-1, thinking it had any good levels as they were with all those damn boosters.

Yeah, he can cure this problem I have in my pants.

she would have you wrapped around her finger for life after that tho

I don't think anyone would go through the effort of making a game from scratch just to clone an existing game.

Wouldn't they be better off just modding Sonic 4 in that case? Like how people modded generations to include their own characters, levels and physics changes.

If it's not unique then I dont see the appeal

Does anyone here play Speed Battle?

I do
Level 9, about 1.5k trophies and like 60 red rings

I don't buy games with lootboxes.

I'd be okay being her sex slave.

Do you have a screenshot, user?

I do, level 9; 1002 trophies and 1025 red rings

Well, i m o, I used to do that back as a kid, but I did that really to learn how to make a game like what I was inspired from. But really, I doubt he's remaking Sonic 4 completely, the game name isn't Sonic 4, I just hope if you add Sonic 4 levels, it isn't a port in stage design, because they sucked.

>I don't think anyone would go through the effort of making a game from scratch just to clone an existing game.

youtube.com/watch?v=8fZFkLHWAWw

>Hearlessshit