/hg/ - Halo General

#407 - Politics as Usual edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise. New arrivals check out the spreadsheet for updates on community events and to familiarize with active /hg/ members.

>/hg/ community spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing

>Halo General Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/open-worlds

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

>halo PC AR never

Don't we have a pic of all of them played out in modded forge? Someone post that.

>we added sprint because it's CURRENT YEAR

It's okay now, because you can't run awa-

we took away flags because it's CURRENT YEAR

fuck everything

I don't get it

Remember guys, there's the Chaotic Forge Night on Halo 3 and MCC tonight at 8 PM EST. Maps are (in no particular order)
>Guardian
>Pit
>Longshore
>Valhalla
>Blackout
>Narrows
>Snowbound
>Sandtrap (Flippant Custom Map)
>Heretic
>Foundry
Join on my party at any time during the custom night.

oh right

You can still get away from combat easily using sprint, no matter what the sprintfags will try and tell you.

so we're starting in BC right?
(you do realize you're going to lose people during the game transition, right? You'd be better off sticking to one or the other)

ive said this to sigmund a few times but he never listens hes a pretty big sprintfag

Well now you have a webm of a top-level player doing it successfully.

>arguing with smug goy
I like the guy but just don't

We start with Halo 3, where 8/10 maps are on.
The other two (Guardian and Pit) have already been played by a few /hg/ anons on MCC, so if we loose people in the switch it's no big deal. After that, I thought we could just play MCC or people could go their own separate ways.
Guardian and Pit are the least consequential of the maps. The first 8 are the more important ones because they're the newest and haven't been played before.

ok that's better.
I was worried.

cont.
a good question would be "why didn't I do them all on MCC," because Guardian and Pit were already made on there. Well, I found MCC's forge thing to be really flaky. I've had to remake that Guardian map at least three times because MCC randomly deletes my forge maps. I made one on Zenith in H2A but that also spontaneously disappeared one day, as did a forge map on Haven.
BC 3 hasn't flaked on me so for security of the maps I did all the new ones on BC. It creates some chaos unfortunately but it's worth the extra security for the maps.

>Well Ackchyually

Reminder

>I cant believe that something something
>There is Literally nothing wrong with
>traps arent gay if you ignore the penis even though the point is you know he has a penis thus it is gay

__________________________________________________it works onmy machine__________________________________________________

That's more of a muffin saying

theyre both pretty similar in their /pol/ speak
>something something all chicks are thots and fighting their biological clock

interesting how the people that have so little interaction with Women so often claim to understand them so well

Doesn't this make you the unintelligent annoyance for taking such things seriously?

let's get back on track.
Talk about sprint. Talk about movement in Halo. Talk about the nation.

theyre just jokes about arguing with smogmend, he is a sprintfag though

he's also a M57 Pilumfag

Kek

Anything but the standard walk+crouch+jump does not fit with the Halo formula.
Momentum-based melee damage from CE/2/2A should return.

I miss when it took more than 2 hits to kill someone with full health

Please...i'm starving for H6 news

just play Halo
New content will only disappoint you

No you retard

You could always kill someone with 2 hits, you just needed to be walking towards them at full speed or falling down from above them. Standing melees did less damage.

Where's your argument?

what is your opinion on tracking ammo?

As of Halo 5, a bit too powerful in no-thrust gametypes

Difficult to find a balance between being overpowered or useless.

Here are all of my shitty opinions on Halo
>Sprint doesn't belong in matchmaking or campaign
>Recoil doesn't belong in Halo
>descope and flinch should be removed
>Radar should be 25 world units in radius
>in game world unit should be the width of a spartan
>343 should just use bungie assets and modify them
>precision weapons except for the sniper should be half as accurate as they are in h5
>Br should have all button combos
>spartan abilities are garbage, all of them
>343 should just charge $80 for the game, no MTs
>max hoberman and Dr Disrespect should design maps
>frankie and bonnie and dan need to go
>joe staten should be assistant writer but also something else
>for the love of god, get rid of the 343 artstyle
>hire cliffy b

>>descope and flinch should be removed
How to make the sniper even more broken than it already is in 2 steps or less.

oh, and
>remove aim assist on the sniper except for when the aim is swiping

>wanting swipe sniping back
>not having any sort of downside to scoping in
Might as well just make it Call of Duty.

>remove descope

I don't agree with all of this but either way this package would make a better game than halo 5

if you don't understand my philosophy yet, here's another hint:
>remove the slowdown / reduced sensitivity when turning after being hit / grenaded
>remove stopping power (if sprint remains)
>sword lunging and cancelling / butterflying

So you're a 2babby?

I think we should take the best elements of Halo 2 and 3 and synthesize
Halo 2 but pretty, and with forge, vetoing, infection, assassinations are fine, and so forth
rank should be 1-50 tho

I'd rather have a game that is closer to CE in design. Fast-spawning, powerful pickups all around the map to limit stagnation between spawns and make getting every item on the map difficult.
Halo 5's sound radar was nice, and would pair well with CE's camo design where camo fade in/out was based on how loud a weapon is. It would give a reason to use a weaker automatic if it was something like the ODST SMG. Keep RNG spread on any weapon to an absolute minimum, inaccurate weapons are so unsatisfying to use.
And no health regen

yeah it would be nice to return to form a bit with the big gun running.

I like that health is at least viable again in 5. Better than nothing shown at all.

This is true. I don't understand why it was ever hidden. I also like how 5 gives you an indication as to when your shields will begin recharging.

I think health packs are shit, but I do like having health visible again

I like them. It makes players try their best to end any encounter by taking as little damage as possible, and forces players to go out to restore their health instead of sitting in a corner for a few seconds to be back at full. Shields mean that any 1v1 precision weapon fight will begin equally, but other weapons are capable of inflicting lasting damage and may have an advantage over low-health opponents even if they have full shields.

2 has so little health that it's not worth showing desu
3 and 4 should have shown it though.

rare footage of the glorious leader showing what appears to be bias

>Get message while playing Reach
>"Free multiplayer Feb. 15-18"
>Fuck I haven't had gold since 2016
>Play Halo 5 all weekend

It really is a shame the game as a whole is shit because it can be really fun to play.

The gameplay is like a near-perfect skeleton at the center of a cancerous, leprous, deformed, disease-ridden body.

every halo game is fun on some level.
5 works best when you have a good team of 4 you know and can communicate with.

Which is literally impossible to do in previous games, you took 4 shots to do face no matter what.

I think the Jorge sacrifice was personal to him. But yeah I still agree logistically it was a dumb move. Selfish maybe even.

>Which is literally impossible to do in previous games
>what is strongsiding?

>hire cliffy b
Oh god no, he went full SJW after (or maybe even during) GoW3. I wouldn't want him to touch GoW again.

Now it's 2babbies? Fucking virulent CEfags are cancerous as fuck.

I was being sarcastic.

???

At least in the old games, the person running away wasn't faster than the guy who could still deal damage.

2babbies are almost nonexistent. Very VERY few people started with 2. If you were the one out of ten kids that had an Xbox instead of a PS2, you generally already had Halo 1.

this
it's the reason people that like CE or 2 the most get along so well. They're generally cut from the same cloth.

>2baby

>calls people who like 4/5, 343shills
>calls people who like Reach, reachfags
>calls people who like 2, 3babbies
>calls people who like 2, 2babbies
I don't think it takes a genius to figure it out but gee, i wonder """who"""" could be behind this name-calling.

lol this

It is when you try and shove Halo 2's broken glitches into everything.

user, a 3babby is someone that had a PS2, switched over to 360 for gen 7, started with 3 and likes it because LOL MUH CRAZY CUSTOMS
Not just anyone that likes halo 3 most.

Also 2 babbies generally don't exist.
Also where is the proof of that user saying all those things? All I see is the one 2babby post, and as we've already covered, those don't exist.
So the issue isn't whether that person is a CEfag, it's more so the fact that they're kind of an idiot and don't deserve the attention you're dishing them out.

Jorge was tired of the war. He got to meet his "mum" Halsey again and he thought he was saving Reach. So for him it seemed like a good time to check out

this
Halo 3 is my favorite but I didn't start with it and I acknowedge it's failings (campaign, maps, GOV, etc) so I don't qualify for 3babby status.

Halo 2 sold more than the original.

>GOV
FOV*

>it's more so the fact that they're kind of an idiot and don't deserve the attention you're dishing them out
Why not? Because they didn't play as early as you did? Hell, with that entitled way to think i would gladly take their opinion over yours.

yes it did. Like I said there's very few legitimate 2babbies. I didn't say there were none. It's a difference of 3 million sales, and you can bet most of them had already extensively played Halo 1 first anyway, be it by buying a used copy, borrowing from a friend, or just playing it extensively at a friend's house.

sure whatever

yeah so there's somewhat of an overlap.
Most H2 players still played H1 first. Late Xbox buyers were more likely to pick up the newer game than the older one but chances are they still had played Halo CE extensively if they made the decision to go with Xbox over PS2 at that point

I don't know a single person that started with Halo 2 that wasn't already heavily exposed to Halo 1. I'm sure they're out there, but there can't be many.
I know a guy that never owned Halo 1, but he had still played it pretty much every day after school at his friend's house so it was still his first halo.

yeah that scenario makes up for most of the difference in sales between 1 and 2.

those aren't glitches, those are mechanics of the gameplay itself

halo 2 had the highest skill gap of any halo game FOR A REASON

It took more mechanical skill, but everything else about it was babbified.

Button combos like BXR, BXB, and sword flying are fine.
Map exploits like super jumps are not.

This is approximately my time spent on each game without counting TMCC. Judge me (but be gentle).

BXR punished people who took the first shot, and BXB had no downside.

this

interesting

Literally nothing wrong with crazy customs. You just hate fun

Fun is only allowed when it's for flipping around warthogs with grenades, not for more creative custom games.

there's nothing wrong with liking crazy customs.
There's nothing wrong with liking Halo 3 jenga or fat kid. But saying they're the best of what halo offers is just silly and 3babby 101.

>halo 4 above 1 hour

prove him wrong
:^)

I don't hate fun

>playing some legit Lone Wolves to rank up for cheevo boosting
>account wins ranked match with more than double the kills of second highest player
>lowest ranked account
>open profile
>default icon
>check gamerscore
>50G
>mfw people are still smurfing in a 10 year old game

>tfw I had an Xbox but didn't have Halo until the 360 was out

Halo has no "best" offer. It has something for everyone, that's why it was popular.

Like shooting aliens? Campaign. Like competitive multiplayer? You got it. Like causal? Sure. Like minigames? Yup. Like recording clips? Building new maps? Go for it.