So bitcoin .. is it actually going to die?

So bitcoin .. is it actually going to die?
I've put off buying it for months, and it refuses to stop going up despite the outdated tech. I assume its "too big to fail" at this point

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AEt9BqfhxPo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everyone thought the same about myspace
myspace even thought they could get away with updating their website and would attract the people that left for facebook back
that never happened
bitcoin will eventually die for something better
will it be litecoin? I don't know..but some coin will eventually become the go to coin of all coins.
Only time will tell. I think by 2020 Bitcoin will be in our memories.

>150k unconfirmed transactions

Yep it's fucked

so what happens next? does litecoin take over? is there going to be a push to use litecoin or some other coin?

the outdated network doesn't support enough transactions per second to go out in a massive fireball

it will die a slow, painful death due to the core devs and miners refusing to come to a consensus, with ethereum taking its place

youtube.com/watch?v=AEt9BqfhxPo

yeah litecoin is fast

Bitcoin is a system that securely holds 30 billion dollars. The best people in the space are working on it. Scaling problems are not only normal but inevitable for any platform that becomes popular. Don't listen to anything these fucks are saying.

this

bitcoin has always been the defacto stanatard crypto currency and it wont be changing anytime soon

that's pretty fucking neat

now if only it weren't cheap too

The only reason bitcoin hasn't died yet, is because of the massive altcoin market

Bitcoin is relying heavily on altcoins at this point, no one uses bitcoin for anything else, its too slow, absolutely retarded fees that exceeds bank transfer fees at certain amounts to be used as normal payment transfer, its a hedge at this point, a safe haven for your altcoin gains, but even that's beginning to change

It will die horrible one day, and something WILL replace it

the question is just what and when

I will only believe this when one day I see another coin surpass bitcoin's market cap and hold it for more than a week without shitting itself.

and what coin do you think would it be ?

unconfirmed, slow Tx is caused by senders that don't pony up the Tx fee, so miners have no incentive....The Tx fee has been going up with difficulty, but some software never adjusted for this and so are putting Tx out there that are going to sit there without a miner's fee attractive enough to work it.

you'd think an exchange would do this. But no, it varies. Check the block explorer Tx fee. Coinbase usually puts 0.0004 fee on which is industry standard. 5 months ago, it was 0.0001. But some exchanges, the shit exchanges, dont even bother, when sending Tx out. There is no skin off their backs to acknowledge the increases and just tell the customer, but thats what you get for dealing with Russians. Nickel and dime you on every fucking Tx. They actually told me to use an accelerator service. I told them to post the proper fee, not fuck around with me. It took 24hrs

When you post a proper fee, the transaction times are about 10 minutes for me. With ETH, I don't know how it works but sometimes I wait a long time for the block to get completed.

Ethereum is the likely successor

But Ripple and Xem might also do it

>. I assume its "too big to fail" at this point

yes, but no. It needs to correct to its trend line. It will drop to $1200 at least in the next fortnight. Then is your perfect time to buy.

BTC is an outdated shitty coin, but It is still the biggest due to household recognition. It will fail, but not yet, and not this year. Just like how McDonalds sells shit burgers but its still huge. BTC will grow for the next year or two.

outdated tech?

you dont even own any and you say that? this is practically prenatal care. I hand it to you that BTC could end up being AOL but it's not even the booming era of being AOL yet.

It might not even crash and burn, it might just become a legacy currency for holding wealth, expensive and slow like gold. Someone might continue to figure out how to make it scale better. No one knows how this will play out, but its taken years to get to this point and it will take years before it's over.

Given the fact that none of em's gotten even close I'd say it's anyone's guess at this point. ETH is not even in the same market as Bitcoin. All other alt coins are a joke compared to it at this point.

>I will only believe this when one day I see another coin surpass bitcoin's market cap

and by then you will be too late. You should be looking for Bitcoins successor right now.

>outdated tech?
>you dont even own any and you say that?

You don't need to own any to say that. BTC transaction fees and transaction waiting times are fucking awful. Who the fuck wants to wait more than 20 minutes to transfer digital currency? A fast transaction can be almost a dollar in fees now. Its bull shit.

Bitcoin will Die. The question is when.

I may be, but at least I won't lose all my money speculating on alts when it's so early. I'm not saying that certain alts are not worth getting into but simply that Bitcoin is not going anywhere anytime soon if at all.

>all these misguided faggots who think BTC will ever die or fall from it's dominant spot in crypto

you're all retards who have been trading alts for a couple of months and now you think you know everything. You're all fucking retarded and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching you all lose a lot of money

>I may be, but at least I won't lose all my money speculating on alts when it's so early.

Its never too early. you need to be early to get the big profits. Luckily you are aware of this at the dawn of Crypto currency so you have a chance. But don't wait too long to get in the water. Or else BTC's successor will have exploded before you've even bought any.

You're the retard here. You think BTC will be king forever? You're Fucking delusional.

I think alts are basically bitcoin in 2013 at this moment and are way, way overvalued relative to their actual adoption and use for things other than complete degenerative speculation.

I'll probably pick up some ETH at 25 bucks and lower when these faggots panic sell them to me in a couple of months.

Big BTC holders are pumping the price even further to stimulate the market and slowly cash out to make a downhill look like a plain.

Guess what happens then

its not that bad. After all ,these simpletons ended up giving bitcoin more power from their failed alt/scam coin trading.

Im going to enjoy the day that i will buy my rolex straight cash while these retards are stuck wage slaving

nah, litecoin. no one wants garbage eth.

not likely. no one wants your big bank scam coin.

it will stay strong for the fact that governments need to pick a coin and stick with it.
Japan can't switch which coin is legal or not all the time.

One day it will just keep dwindling down due to scaling problems. Then one the price drops so low they will finally reach consensues to fix the issues and then the price will explode. Repeat times a million forever and ever when they hit a roadblock.

It will also stay strong for the simple reason it takes an act of god to change it in any major way. Resistance to manipulation is what it has and alt coins lack and that makes it a highly effective long term value storage.

lets see, either smart contracts, or bitcoins retarded little brother, hmm...

Bitcoin will stay on top until another coin becomes the default currency everything else is priced in or becomes the go to method of getting liquidity on to the funny money exchanges.

Longest, oldest chain. Thats huge value. Thats why it has quad digit price and huge market cap balls

I don;t think it will be replaced even on the willdebeest dreams of some eth or ripple fantasists.

Other coins might reach market cap parity, inevitably. But they will be more volatile until they have 10 years of history behind them and by that time bitcoin will have 20

In the future there will be a lot of big market cap coins like there are a lot of big market cap fiats, there will be an ecosystem, and in that ecosystem Bitcoin is going to be very valuable... there isn't going to be "dominance" (I really don't like the word)

It will likely never go away unless it massively loses support, but its importance will wane until it ends up being a hipster coin that people have in their wallets/accounts just to say they hold some of the original big boy. The price may be sky high due to rarity, but it won't mean anything when the daily volume of another coin(s) blow it out of the water.

this. Bitcoin is not ''outdated tech'' at all. Bitcoin is industry leader and SegWit / LN is inevitable on BTC.

That's like saying gold coins don't mean anything because they don't circulate nearly enough as the us dollar. Bitcoin is on track to establish itself as a reliable and solid storage of value next to gold.

people want a currency. btc/ltc actually do that incredibly well. no one cares about an animation program that no studios will adopt.
no one wants your big bank scam coin, bitch.

best post.

>people want a currency.
what is raiden network, which will be released before lightning network
>no one wants your big bank scam coin, bitch.
you mean ripple

Even dogecoin is still going and its number 14 in market share,bitcoin isnt going to die 100% for a very very long time.

Everyone in crypto should have the majority of their holdings in BTC.

Gold coins don't mean anything aside from being a scam Fox News runs on old people or people fucking around with slips of paper representing a bunch of the shit sitting in a vault.

/thread

lightning came out today on ltc. only a matter of time before it's on btc. eth was sold to huge companies (and banks) first. no one wants your big bank scam.

btc is a decentralized, deflationary currency. done.
saying eth is the future is like saying Linux is better than Windows. maybe it is, but literally no one gives a fuck because Windows does more than enough for what people actually want to use a computer for.

>only a matter of time before it's on btc
yeah, just as soon as maxwell and lukejr kiss and make up with JiHan

>999 gold coins are scam

wut.. What the hell does Fox News and sheets of paper have to do with holding physical gold. Coins are the most convenient way of holding physical gold if you don't want to get raped by inflation in a couple of years.

The problem with most of the autists on here is that to them they make the seemingly logical assumption 'better tech = more value'.

Bitcoin seems to have found its niche as a store of value outside the current monetary system, a bit like gold.

95% of Bitcoin users aren't interested in using it as a currency just like 95% of gold holders aren't interested in dragging a bag of gold coins to the grocery store.

Bitcoins value now comes from its relative stability, liquidity and reliability as a long term store of value. Not from it being fast or low transaction costs.

Excellent summary!

/thread

way to copy my fucking post

Except everyone selling you gold coins is doing so at a premium to the actual price of gold, and the only ones buying them are doing so at a discount.

If you're trying to protect against inflation, there are better vehicles out there than hoarding a pile of gold like your Conan the barbarian.

you're right but there comes a point where it does affect the stability, liquidity, and reliability.

>store of value

It's volatile as fuck but I agree with your general position

Bitcoin is Gold, ETH is Silver, Altcoins are conflict diamonds

>despite the outdated tech
nothing outdated about its tech, stop falling for memes

BTC is becoming the digital gold everyone is talking about. Chinese, Indians and many rich people all around the world store their wealth in BTC because their givernment at any moment can seize their assest and BTC is the only real safe haven.

BTC is not going anywhere, I suggest yiu all have at least 0.1BTC or get fucked when BTC goes go 500k

>what is raiden network, which will be released before lightning network
lmao stay delusional eth cuck, the eth developers keep saying "we'll release it next month" and never deliver

you'd know a lot about features not being delivered, wouldn't you?

No, the best people are working on ETH. Get your head out of your ass before it's too late.

> "All the banks are using modified versions of Linux on their servers!!!! Invest in Linux!!!!"

>comparing ETH to Bitcoin

Costs $7 in fees to withdraw from polo. No joke check your transactions on blockchain.info

>Everyone in crypto should have the majority of their holdings in BTC
Can the same 3 people stop shilling this bullshit idea. Do you keep over 50% of your net worth in iPhones? No, didn't think so.
Bitcoin will be dead by 2020.

If anything, ETH is oil. ETH is not in competition with bitcoin.
And bitcoin sure as shit isn't gold. More like mercury: it looks cool and is fun to play with, and was very useful once upon a time, but now it's worthless.

1MDa4VxiQyFwuo3aRfyniJ6ppfX5fjEn7r

Can use some btc of you think it's dying

Comparing the bitcoin-ethereum relationship to windows-linux is fucking retarded. Both might be technology related, but it's completely different.

ETH might be a big crypto area, but it has nothing on BTC. BTC was the first, it has the most research done on it in the field, and it has by far the most USD value of any kind of crypto.

BTC might have growing pains, but it will expand.

I fucked up bad this month, just started living on my own and I have no money for food or gas. Pls someone help with a Bitcoin so I can buy some groceries

342jPdP9vyKA6MjoqpBXXRH2ijjAVWMvSr

Pic related it's my bank account atm...

pls help anons

Shameful bump

user.

I have been waiting for this fucking dip for 2 weeks now. Do you know how it feels to wake up to $1400, $1500, $1600, and now $1700? Do you even fucking know how it feels?

Shitty. Really fucking shitty.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm figuring my forskin-clit over those nice gains and all, but I'm just annoyed. Really really annoyed right now.

I'll be waiting in line, reading a book, checking my current holdings and be annoyed when checking the price.

It is really pissing me off.

> bitcoins retarded little brother
> bitcoins

Better than bitcoin's autistic cousin, that got raped and had to re-identify itself.

Seriously though, ETH/ETC is some straight cousin fucking, trailer trash, insest shit you see on Duck Dynasty.

>buying the "wait for the dip" meme

Shit is always hitting all time highs in the stock market unless you are in recovery. Better to grind out slow increases in all time highs than to miss out on a 300% gain followed by a 30% loss.

this is a Big Short scenario
bitcoin will crash eventually and we'll all live in smug satisfaction when it does, but it may take longer than we hoped.
will ethereum and litecoin fall with it?
will the other Altcoins fall too? thats what I want to know

We'd need either a liquidity crisis or a massive outflow of capital. I don't see a catalyst for either.

youre discounting the possibility of a bitcoin correction at all? you only need to look at the year graph of bitcoins price to realize hoe wrong you are.

Even if altcoins go up and BTC goes down, you buy BTC and the altcoins will flow back into BTC.

stock market != currency

Stock market has 3 billion people slaving away to making it properly function.

Fiat currency is apart of that system and BTC is a fraction not even relevant to a number. 30 billion is nothing compared to ~ 100 trillion with a diving force of 3 billion people.

>I'll probably pick up some ETH at 25 bucks
Thanks for the laugh

I don't see another MtGox event any time soon, and the wonder twin ETF not getting off the ground has really only kept a shit ton MORE capital from flowing in. People wanting to invest in crypto are finding alternatives to buy in.

The question is how long are you willing to wait for a dip, and are you prepared to lose gains if the dip isn't as deep as you'd hope.

Shit could go down tomorrow and create a bunch of bag holders, but that's the risk. Waiting for the "inevitable" dip just means you're missing out on what's happening now. If it's really a concern, buy in slowly to dollar-cost average.

It's not about the stock market, it's about the whole "don't buy at all time highs" shit that fucks people over as they wait for a good entry point. The stock market was just the most convenient example.

Ya... But those people that bought in last time when BTC was at $1,200...

Are you stupid?
You can literally do the exact same thing with bitcoin right now. This has nothing to do with litecoin and everything to do with how cryptocurrencies work.
I'd bet .1 BTC that they didn't even use segwit transactions.

Any od you vros want to send me like 1 cent of bitcoin? I will send good prayers to kek for you (below is the wallet adress ;) ;)... please ill do anything....)

1M52Ue26hNMG588EimfsF7VHNeP7eANzZL

Let me first start off by saying I don't think we've seen the end of BTC and I'm not sure it will ever fully "die off," but your stance on ETH seems a bit ignorant. Your reasoning:

>eth was sold to huge companies (and banks) first. no one wants your big bank scam coin

It's like you see the picture but missed the point. I don't know how much more evidence you need to understand the collusion that happens between huge companies, big banks, and lawmakers. That is the exact reason why ETH has a chance to rise to the top and rival for the wealth BTC has. They fucking hate BTC, for the very reasons you stated. I'm not saying that what they're trying to do is right, rather that you're fighting against the current. We talk about mainstream adoption here all the time:

>just wait until normies adopt this, it's going to moon!
How many times have you heard this? Do you believe it? And then ask yourself what coins have the greatest possibility of that realistically happening is to. I agree with you about BTC, but there's more to politics than doing the right thing for the people. I'm still holding on to my BTC and hope that one day it will win so the banks can BTFO, but that's no excuse to completely ignore how the world really works.

When the Canadian real estate bubble explodes expect 10K BTC.

such as?

no I wouldn't

ripple.. rofl that's a scam coin dummy.

Aye, chinks are corrupt as hell and many who buys million dolalr homes are corrupt officials with tons of wealth.

have now multiplied their money by 1.5x.

Die in the gutter, trash

Nope. Ripple is just for investing. Let the banks use it as a payment platform. That's what it was designed for.

DIVERSIFY INTO CHEAP ALTS BEFORE THE BTC CRASH. All I'm saying. There will be a quick spike all around because everyone's looking to retain value, the gains will go straight back into BTC for a long hold once each alt hits.

Shit man, if the real estate bubble pops, I'll be cashing those coins in high and pouring the money into residential REITs like it's going out of style. Could clean up on those dividends my man.

Wow a civilized discussion on Veeky Forums?

Am I dreaming?

Whats the best platform to trade this and other cryptos?
Is it still poloniex?

seconding this

This. With 0 confirmations any cryptocurrency will send transactions instantly, the whole point of waiting for confirmations is to add more security.
Also Segwit doesn't magically make transactions faster somehow, it just reduces their size so (in the case of bitcoin at least) there won't be a huge backlog and confirmations can be done faster. That video is fucking retarded.

Kill yourself samefag

Kill yourself

Ethereum sometime late this year will. There's a huge amount of news and releases coming this year. ETH is only getting started.