/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Mamudodyne

Law is the correct path in life.

didn't expect that prev thread already hit image limit

with clip studio paint and big blank space

I'm going back into Strange Journey and is it supposed to be as hard as I'm finding it? My demons get pretty beat up even after random encounters and the negotiation system seems more prone to failure than usual. I just beat Horkos and it ended up coming down to Space Marine using a fire skill and other demons co-oping after that while they could only use basic attacks since their SP was drained. I know my Space Marine has a magic boon, but I don't know if that's my only problem.

Where are you? Some bosses are tough but the dungeon crawling is pretty typical stuff for SMT.

If you're having trouble with negotiations, you should try to get that calming spray app that basically lets you have a second chance with talking to a demon if you flub up. Best part about it is that you only need to get past two dialogue options before you can begin negotiations, and the calming spray or whatever it's called let's you bypass one if you say something stupid

Does anyone have any good Abel x Amane art?

DSP when

Anyone play radiant historia?even debating downloading it but I have every atlas game physically. Thoughts?

I just beat Horkos. I think my main problem with the dungeons is that I just don't have enough demons with healing skills, but I also feel like I'm getting more beat up after fights than in say Nocturne or even SMT1.
I've been dumb with my money so I only just got that. Is there a use for enemy scan forma or should I be selling those?

It's fun, but somewhat grindy and the time travel mechanics aren't as fleshed out as they should be.

You should be selling enemy forma. The item forma are separate

Sounds fun. As I have said I have played every atlas 3ds game but I'm in the middle of nowhere this week and need something to do at night. I'll download it I guess

How long is Tokyo Mirage Sessions? My sister's boyfriend has it and I'm wondering how viable it would be to borrow his WiiU and the game for a while to play through it.

I loved the original release. I haven't gotten around to playing the remake because I've been marathoning megaten for the past half year.

60 hours or so.

So, I'm gonna be blunt. Just done playing Persona 5 and I have no interest in the dancing spinoffs or the manga (no waifus) or the anime (same reason). So, I basically want more JRPG with social links and shit.

Should I care about SMTV? I already kindda care, but ya' know, I want to know if I should care more or not.

>So, I basically want more JRPG with social links and shit.
the base line smt games avoids all such aspects like the plague, so it's unlikely that SMT V or any other would be to your preference

>So, I basically want more JRPG with social links and shit.
then you'll probably be avoiding SMT, there aren't social links

SMTV will be exactly what you're looking for. It will have 90 hours of social links and thousands of pieces of dialogue. If you want something similar to play in the meantime, try IV or Nocturne.

No, if you want more social sim stuff the only SMT games that will interest you are Persona 3, Persona 4, and maybe Devil Survivor 2.

Aside frim those no, nothing else has anything like S.links and SMTV will be nothing like Persona 5.

>IV
The problem here is the first or so genuinely might trick normalfags.

I see. So I should be be excited, but not super excited. Got'cha.

Enjoy it, man. Probably my favorite mainline smt.

10/10, really not sure if ironic.

Normalfag question.

Should I bother with the first SNES titles (and ignore the shit out of Nine and Imagine), should I start with Nocture, or just go "fuck it" and start with IV?

Nocturne. The snes games are pretty primative in terms of gameplay and IV is better later on. Nocturne is the best first game as it is the game that best highlights what SMT really is like.

What was his problem?

Damn, another reason to track down a PS2 I guess.

It should be emulatable. Also if you have a ps3 then you can get it on psn unless your European, if so do not get the psn version.

Oh, I didn't know that! I'm no in PAL territories so I guess PSN version it is! Thanks user!

NINE IS FINE

Yeah no problem. The US psn version is fine but the PAL psn version has some bad glitches and bugs making it pretty bad. I may be wrong but I believe all ps2 smt games are on psn. I suggest looking into them as well.

The artists for DSJ must really like drawing people bleeding from their eyes.

ow the edge

>people upset about others having an actual discussion that isn't about waifus

holy shit

My favorite is that they can only shitfling "dead general" and "muh sales" but if you were to even dare bring up gameplay they explode.

Burp

What did you expect?

Christ, that place seems like an absolute shithole.

>the options for discussing megaten are an endless spew of waifufaggotry or a dead general that only springs to life when chaosfags and lawfags feel like shitting on eachother
The White were right.

To those of you that have played Deep Strange Journey, do the gameplay changes and new content make it worthwhile or is the difference pretty minor? I hate basically everything I've seen about it but if it adds a lot of fun new content I can probably overlook my other gripes.

>I hate basically everything I've seen about it

How come?

The gameplay changes are relatively minor honestly. Mostly just some subapps that grant bonuses and such. I would say maybe the most significant thing is that now you can see a health bar when you attack a enemy so that you can see how much health they have left.

Unless the new content interests you you might not see it as worthwhile.

>hating dsj

user, this isn't 2017. We like dsj now.

I'm in the new post-game dungeon right now and its gimmick is pretty fun.

>we
Do not presume to speak for everyone here. I'm not claiming I dislike DSJ, but please do not presume to speak for everyone.

I completely hate the new art for Gore, it looks absolutely awful. Jiminez isn't very good either, barely looks like the same character. MC and Zelenin are okay. Zeus design is still terrible. Part of Alex's story got spoiled for me and it doesn't sound good so far, though I haven't looked up all the details. Basically everything that's new seems worse than what was there before. I don't really have an interest in playing a watered-down version of a game I enjoyed unless there's some really big gameplay enhancements.

user, I literally speak for everyone. My words are law.

Sounds like you're just hung up over the visual changes, honestly. You barely mentioned any of the new gameplay tweaks.

Get back in the box, Betatron.

longcat is long

Visual design is a pretty big aspect of SMT to be fair to him.

Anyone have a clean version of this?

Wait, I'm reading SMTIV had romances too? The fuck?

I should clarify: I'm not looking for figurative social links, but rather branching paths, different endings, romances, that kind of shit.

>rather branching paths, different endings

Almost every SMT game has these.

>but rather branching paths, different endings
Every (?) SMT has a focus on alignment, which will alter the story you go through and the ending. This is seen a lot in SMTIV, but not much in SMTIV:A.
>romances
None of this exists in SMTIV. In IV:A it kind of exists, I guess, sort of?

The closest IV:A gets to a "romance" sub plot letting Asahi die and not resurrecting her because fuck her, give me the real pascal.

Im not Personafag, but Soejima is fucking good.

Currently grinding in SMT If... Shooting literally waves of zombie students is satisfying and rather morbid at the same time.

Flynn is so cute

>tried fighting Beelzebub on master difficulty for the first time.

Hoy i was not ready for this fuck, 700 damage off a single heavenly arrow volley to anyone without resistance is making me rethink my demon choices.

>out of everyone isabeau's the one for whom it's too much

Most of Veeky Forums might be beyond redemption but at least we can still have nice discussion here or the occasional /a/ thread

Asahi is pretty okay considering how shitty iva was.

> nice discussion here
top kek. If you want good discussion about megaten, your sole possible option is pms somewhere.

>No discord option

Holy shit, that's just SAD.

discord is banned.

True.

Got anymore cute Flynns?

Sadly no, there is one more pic of this on tumblr but it doesnt look so good.

Cleared the new post-game dungeon of DSJ, the dungeon was fun and the boss was even more fun. It's really cool because the boss sort of justifies some of the new sub-apps, like I couldn't imagine ever having beat him without a certain new sub-app. Unfortunately half of the dungeon is locked until your second playthrough though, and I don't think I want to do a second playthrough right now.
The story addition (at least for neutral) is fine, it's totally sensible in the context of the old ending, and you get a more definite sense of closure. I don't understand the whole "Lucifer is Alex's mom" meme. Unless it's something shown on the second playthrough, I'm not seeing it. The only thing that's implied is that Alex is MC's daughter. The projection showing her being held by someone isn't remotely clear enough to say who it is, and it's at the very least not the clothing that Lucifer wears during the game.

Did you not actually play the game? There's a clear picture of lucifer holding her.

I don't see people posting pepes or wojaks here. I might see the occasional obvious shitpost but it usually only gets 1 or 2 replies. You might not like the discussion here but it's surely better than 90% of Veeky Forums

>Did you not actually play the game

People need to stop saying this as an argument, especially towards someone posting pictures from their own playthrough

That's a low bar. I mean, this place is okay, and definitely better than most of Veeky Forums, but there isn't really that much in the way of discussion here past general game info. When people try it gets derailed by shitposting within a few minutes max.

Not really.

The projection has no face in any of the times its shown. The hair style is the only thing to go on, and I don't buy it.

Good god, play the game in a language you actually speak.

He can read Japanese you dumbass. He's been playing through many Megaten games in Jap.

>referring to him in third person
We get it, you think you are clever.

If you want to use text as an argument, there's even less evidence (zero) there. Unless it's something from the second playthrough. All Alex tells you is that the projector ring she has was originally yours. She doesn't talk about her mother even once, and nothing Lucifer says hints towards it either.

I imagine he's asking where his burrito is.

Here's another (You) straight on the house.

That's not even me.

>Unfortunately half of the dungeon is locked until your second playthrough though,
FUCK. Looks like I'll be doing a neutral playthrough first, then a chaos playthrough. Or maybe the other way around.

What do you mean half the dungeon is locked? Are there important bosses missing, or just like some bonus shit? You can fight the wisemen first time right?

On your first playthrough, the second floor is just a straight line to the sole boss of the dungeon, which is Shekinah (the wisemen). On your second playthrough the second floor opens up and there's 4 extra high level bosses in a side quest that Lucifer gives you.

Okay. One playthrough is fine for me then.

Why does lucifer ask you to kill his own men. Is it just a test of strength/ Or is a reason given?