48 Laws of Power

If you aren't utilizing the 48 Laws of Power, you will never amount to anything in your career. It fucking works. I graduated a year ago and got promoted at my job yesterday. I have boomers working under me now. It's human nature that bosses promote trustworthy, driven, loveable wagecucks.

>inb4 future bankrupt crypto shill replies how cucked I am for working
>inb4 said crypto shill kills himself when people realize crypto is not real and is monopoly money

(sorry for that, hate crypto shills)

>inb4 jelly of sick gainz

A lot of this is just plain social engineering. A good 1/4th of these rules are basically telling people to learn how to conceal your true emotions and nature and play the long game when it comes to building relationships in the workplace or business world. This should come easily to people if they don't have crippling autism.

Good rules to keep in mind, though.

The 48 laws are pretty great, but you're still a wage cuck op. Kys you gains hating coping machine.

You sound like you never had a job you enjoyed.

Nothing wrong with working bro.
I happen to enjoy my job and invest the money have left after bills.

48 Laws of Power is a great book which was one of the first of many more to come for me.

Some I would recommend:

- How to win friends and influence people
- Mastery
- 50th law
- Meditations (Marcus Aurelius)
- Art of learning (Josh Waitzkin)

Im not a complete autist and the book still improved my strategy in the workplace.

For example law 22, when you surrender to angry raging people is magical. They dont know how to react and calm down immediately.

Sounds like a good book then. A lot of this should be basic or common knowledge to anyone who was looking for career-advancement or success in their job if they worked customer service at least once in their life.

If anything, I think I learned more about how to deal with people in my year of working at Wal-Mart than I have doing anything else.

I have a question for OP or anyone in this thread.

I'm reading that book and also "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and I understand what the author is saying about human relationships and that's all great, but how does it really apply to me?

I'm a wagecuck who doesn't really interact with people, ever. I'm paid decently to sit in a little cubicle and my boss never, ever disturbs me. Didn't even see him for the first month or so after being hired. My pay raises are determined by standards in performance which are objective and not subject to promotions or anything like that. I never see or speak with any coworkers. And I'm married but my wife and I don't really have many friends, just kind of take care of each other, and she has no job so she pretty much cooks and cleans all day, etc.

How can I use anything from this book? I just don't understand really.

Well I hope you like your postition now because it will probably be the one you hold until you retire fellow wagie

Op I totally agree with you but I have to say this; Fiat money is monopoly money too. Also you're a faggot

>strategy in the workplace
See that's what I mean. I have no strategy in the workplace because my job is to sit at my desk, bust out some spreadsheets, and go home.

What can these books do for me?

The book is meant to help people who interact with people in their day-to-day, not for people who clock in, work, and clock out.

It's generally supposed to be a manual on how not to be autistic, and even then it won't help people who don't get the chance to actually "win friends and influence people".

I don't feel like doing any of that shit.

I kind of see. I don't clock in or anything, I just get paid a really high salary for a job that doesn't really involve human interaction in anyway.

So ironically I spend almost all my work time reading these books and thinking "yeah ok I'll do that" but then nothing happens.

Closest I've come is remembering "ok people don't like criticism so don't complain" to my wife when she made a dinner I didn't like. That's not exactly what the book was about, I'm sure.

I just don't know.

I'm making plenty of money, have plenty of friends I could talk to if I wanted to but don't because people are all working, raising their kids, etc., and have a wife that takes care of me.

I'm just not seeing what I can do with this book even though I really want to. There's not really a way for me to switch jobs without losing a ton of money either...

"A soft answer turneth away wrath"

If you are content with your life you dont need the book.
The book is for people who want to improve their life.

Well gee I'd like to improve my life. How can this book help me?

>1 post by this ID

Be more specific por favor

I want to make enough money to retire young enough to simply move to Korea with my wife and live there without a job, like I used to. Then I can just travel around on the weekends and essentially do what I want but on a very tight budget. I have little interest in getting rich, only in never having to work. Thus I would like to improve the amount of money I have right now (that, specifically, is what I would like to improve in my life) so that I can achieve that dream.

So advice on this? :

A lot of these behaviors are sociopathic and will result in personal gain in exchange for hating yourself.

Give 1 concrete example. Just one.

there isn't anything sociopathic in it, it's just humans 101. ID:lE/XqI+/ just tries to guilt-blame you so he would remain the only one who is screwing everyone. don't listen to cuck, user, backstab and bend everyone who comes in your way. it is what we were born for

I agree.
>Give 1 concrete example. Just one.
>Went through the list to find the list to find the sociopathic ones.
>Write down almost everything.

Conceal your intentions, get others to do the work for you, but always take the credit, make other people come to you, use bait if necessary, learn to keep people dependent on you, use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victim pose as a friend, work as a spy, crush your enemy totally, keep others in suspended terror, cultivate an air of unpredictability, do not commit to anyone, play a sucker to catch a sucker, keep your hands clean (make other people do your dirty work or use scapegoats), play on people’s needs to create a cult-like following, discover each man's thumbscrew, think as you like but behave like others, stir up waters to catch fish

But if you want to be a billionaire you have to do pretty much all of that.
>it is what we were born for
Please explain further senpai. Is humanity evil?

I dont know you or your skills well enough so my advice will sound generic.

Find a niche or nice paying job. Become smart in investing (crypto is probably the place to be in this time). Then work towards your goals.

The 48 laws can help you with this and in other parts of your life.
As other anons stated it is borderline sociopathic. That doesnt really bother me. It didnt make me an unempathic monster. It did give me some tools to improve my life.

Your goals sound realistic.
Good luck.

>
>>strategy in the workplace
>My job is to sit at my desk, bust out some spreadsheets, and go home.

If that is what you truly believe you will never go anywhere in life.

Bro, that sounds like a miserable existence. You are going to wake up and be 60. Think about a career change or at the very least develop a social life with your wife.

Name one national level politician or executive at a 500 company that isn't a sociopath or meglomanic.

Make this into /biz stickly plz

Plenty of execs and politicians are genuine humanitarians. Sociopathy almost always comes with extremely risky impulsiveness, so the actually crazy people end up embezzling big-time or fucking kids or some other horrible shit. See: Enron. You need an exceptionally level head in politics and business, and sociopaths are at a disadvantage there.

>For example law 22, when you surrender to angry raging people is magical. They dont know how to react and calm down immediately.

Doesn't work against people who can't control their anger or people who hate you no matter what you do.

None of these would work with people who know you well. They might work at first, but people would catch on and realize that they're being manipulated.

You need to read the book, it shows the transgressions of every law, like the one you just pointed out, plus tells you about the key of power behind the law.

>sociopathic
The elite and rich are completely psychopathic.
Unfortunately it works.
There may be a way to learn some things from it without going full Jew.

What kinda job is that? Quant? Starcraft player? Asking for a friend

If you're already pulling a really high salary, then just cut down on living expenses and invest - you'll be able to retire early. Have you calculated how much you'll want to live off of when you quit working? If it's, say, $40,000/yr, then you can calculate how much you need to save up to live off of interest.

There are loads of little steps you can take to work towards your goal.

Thank you op going to try to implement them in my life desu

I've already read the book, but it was over a year ago. From what I've remembered, most of his examples are from the political and business world with some from romantic relationships. Some of the laws/examples appear to contradict each other. For example, #15 and #47, #18 and #16.

The reason I say they won't work well with people who know you well is because if you change your behavior, they will notice something's amiss. They've already a model of you developed in their minds through their countless interactions with you. They know your habits, your prejudices, your preferences, etc. Even an idle comment can be revealing. With strangers and acquaintances, it's easier to apply these laws because your actions harder to predict due to the fact that they don't have an accurate model of you.

>people who can't control their anger
"Stir up waters to catch fish". Those people are meant to be baited, especially before their direct boss, to show other how badly they cooperate.

Evil is relative.
*tips fedora*

>They've already a model of you developed in their minds
Depends on the model. People who perceive you as dependable and reliable can be counted as already acquired assets - you can start asking for favors (always appealing to self-interest of course).

If people have an established bad model of you then no amount of work will probably change their opinion - you need to cut their ties with them and make sure they don't influence your life.

>If people have an established bad model of you then no amount of work will probably change their opinion
This is why I find myself moving between jobs every year or so

Once I develop a bad relationship with a colleague it never turns good again. Fuck people

Stop doing this to yourself man. What's the problem - are you quick to anger, unable to hold a snarky comment?

Good book recommendations, personally I found "How to Talk to Anyone" more helpful than Carnegie's "How to Win Friends" but solid.