Dengism

How did China under go to radical economic R/revolution without any violence or major repercussions?

Why did the Communist Party allow Deng to make China capitalist? Do any modern-day Chinese Communist regret this transformation?

>without any violence or major repercussions?

I'll answer your question

Deng didn't kill anybody as far as I know

>literally still fighting going on about it to this day

Lol

>How did China under go to radical economic R/revolution without any violence or major repercussions?

It had a lot of violence and major repercussions. Deng and his allies literally executed/imprisoned the Gang of Four and their Maoist allies. Then they character assassinated them.

The Chinese were tired of Maoism's excesses. The PLA was scared of the Soviets. The USA suggested trade and a de-facto military alliance. Deng and his allies accepted that and had just enough PLA support to get it done.

Key to this, Deng also helped the US and invaded Vietnam. There were multiple reasons for this action, but the main one was to purposefully expose the Maoist generals in the PLA. Deng and his allies actually cut off any real aid to the invading PLA army, and then pulled them back before they succeeded too much. This allowed Deng to purge the PLA and take full control of China.

>Why did the Communist Party allow Deng to make China capitalist?

They didn't. The CCP old guard never expected Deng and his allies to go so far. And to be fair, they didn't exactly liberalize China much.
In 1989 at the height of Deng's power, 70% of the economy was still run by the state.

Do any modern-day Chinese Communist regret this transformation?
Some do. Maoists mostly. Recently the CCP elites cracked down on these groups. The former premier (ruler) of Chongqing was a popular Maoist, and ended up getting removed by the CCP elites.

China today is firmly in the slowly liberalize camp. The CCP wants control but also a growing economy.

He was responsible for Tiananmen tho

OP really should at least read the wikipedia page first before coming to Veeky Forums.

Actually, 90% of Veeky Forums threads could be answered via google. Sometimes I just think they are (you) fishing

We learn literally nothing about Tianmen in school

At least 90% of Americans assume it was a "protest against communism"

Don't expect honest history from most sources.

Thankfully most Western people don't even remember Tiananmen anymore. The shilling about it was surreal 2006-2008 before the Olympics.

>executed 4 people
Oh wow what a meanie

>this post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is bait

Was Deng a dictator?

I kind of assumed that all the leaders after Mao shared most of their power, like how no dictator emerged in Russia after Stalin's death.

not bait
kill yourself leftypol

>leftypol
>doesn't even know what the Gang of Four situation was
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yummy bait.

The Gang of Four and hundreds of thousands of their supporters were thrown in jail and many were executed. Multiple army units defected and were violently suppressed by the PLA. Then many of Mao's personal red guard were thrown in the Laowei.

I don't think you understand how many people died in the violence of 1972-1979 (Mao's fall).

Oh wow I'm so saddened. All those innocent people who dindu nuffin, suffering for no good reason.

Oh no, that was the 60+ million chinese who were murdered under Mao.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for the hangmen getting hanged?

Kill yourself.

You seem a bit frustrated by historical facts

You deserve a bullet in the head.

Maoist style.

>OP asks a question
>user answers with a statement of facts

why are you even so butthurt

I'm not butthurt, I'm just stating the fact that you're human excrement and deserve a bullet in the head.

Got what they deserved desu

Man I ain't even the same user
I just don't see what the problem is
why is it that I deserve such a bullet

The Gang of Four were total fucks, but they were purged because of power and not their crimes.

The hundreds of thousands of their supporters that ended up in the Laowei's not so much.

He is an autistic /pol/tard who thinks I somehow like the Maoist fuckers just because I point out that Deng was a dictator and brutal as hell.

Because didn't read OP's question, didn't read through the discourse of this thread and just skimmed through the keywords that popped out at him, drew an erroneous conclusion from a faulty premise and now his only way to save face on the off-topic board of a Mozambican import/export trader networking forum is to hate bait.

>THIS! 4'11" chinaman is like TOTALLY the BOSS and will LAOWEI GULAG yoUR shiT up GWAilou Maoist!

>tfw you don't realize Deng is about to betray you

So what? If he didnt stop the stupidity of political liberalisation then China would have been fucked like the Soviet Union under Gorbechev.

That's completely irrelevant.

Holy fuck does anyone on Veeky Forums read before posting?