/2hug/ - touhou general #114

Previous thread: >What is this series?
Touhou is a print work series made by ZUN where cute girls drink with cute girls.

>I have questions!
pastebin.com/PMpRnhmb (Includes FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more)

>Where can I get the print works?
moriyashrine.org/official-print-works/ (For separate print work downloading)
nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Forbidden Scrollery got an official translation! Please support the official release.
amazon.com/Forbidden-Scrollery-Vol-1-ZUN/dp/0316511897

>Introduction and tips for new readers~
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Download and apply Vpatch for reduced lag, MoF MarisaB glitch fix, extremely high FPS fix and Windowed screen adjustment (Search ‘vpatch tutorial’ on youtube if you have problems installing it)
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Touhou is a series of print works and only secondaries play the games.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/13kvd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit OP

This. What if I like them all despite their flaws?

Good OP
You make a lot of good points, user. Over the years, I've learned to take most of those things for granted, and don't even notice how unfun
>not gaining spell charge use lvl2 or lvl3 (or when bomb?) immediately after being hit
is, for example.
I disagree with giving characters a set number of lives though, it would completely change the game's playstyle. The element of uncertainty added by PoFV's life system forces the player to carefully consider their every move. Decisions like
>I'll die now, get a Lv2 charge, and blow Lily away
are much more dramatic when you run the risk of losing 3 entire life orbs on such a stupid move. With a set amount of lives, strategies like that would become a lot more common.
Is it just a list of complains, or are you actively working on making it real?

CHEEEEEEEEEEN

CHEEEEEEN

Delete this

DELETE THIS

Wake up /2hug/!

What makes Alice so special that she and her main doll were named after the team that makes the series?

Alice is a very stereotypical name for a fantasy vibe
It's also a stereotypical name for transwomen

One of the first 2hus to be brought back from the old games?
Also wasn't she the last boss of the PC98 boss?

Goodnight, /2hug/. Please don't die!

Raymoo or Reemoo?
You-moo or Yo-Moo?
Ray-Sen or Rye-sen?
Junk-Oh or June-ko?
How do you uasually probonce the names of your 2hus? Do you pronounce them in specific ways?

The same could be said about meiling, really.

It's 'Ser-no'. I don't fucking care what everyone else says, they're wrong.

Unclear pronunciation is the English language's biggest cancer. Japanese names are meant to be pronounced the way they're written. Reimu's Reimu, that's all you need to know.

Chen has two anal beads! Two anal beads!

Regarding EratohoK

Have you ever been captured?

To be fair, japans biggest cancer is words that sound exactly the same, but don't mean even remotely the same thing, or are written drastically different.

English has the same issue in a couple small places, but it never has the issue of seeming like something completely different.

Yeah, it's a fun mechanic even if it seems a little buggy. Your mileage may vary if you're not a femdomfag, but being repeatedly slapped and assfucked for ten whole weeks without having to manage the fucking troops is honestly as good as this game can get.

I don’t understand, Myouren Temple is the treasure ship itself, right? Why is the ship still flying in HM background?

>japans biggest cancer is a few homophones
>not their fuckhuge alphabet of 20000 kanji
Homophones let you make some amazing puns at least.

>implying the 20000 kanji isn't the source of the large amount of homophones they have

>implying it isn't the best possible solution

>he has a weak memory

>he doesn't understand words in context

Who said they can't build more ships?

But why do they need extra ships? You need a pretty good reason to put much effort in building something like a ship.

I honestly find myself making new saves for the sole purpose of getting captured, simply because I never get caught when I'm playing with any degree of seriousness. Not that there's no challenge or anything, it just never seems to happen. Worst is I lose someone else, but that's par for the course when you recruit/imprison and use the power of the dick to enslave everyone.

That’s right, my seeds is stuck inside Kasen without her even noticing it.

Reminder you waifu most likely eats humans

Don’t be silly, Murasa just drown people, that’s all.

Alice doesn't eat anyone or anything (usually), and my tied-top-2hu, Reisen, eats carrots and drinks medicine

I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF DYING WITH ALL MY BOMBS FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

So use them instead of letting them go to waste.

Gotta spend money to make money, champ. If using one bomb now means you can keep 5 more for later, that's a good deal.

>Reisen
>Alice
>Youmu
>Mokou
Two of them eat like normal humans, one doesn't eat and the other hardly ever eats. The only 2hu in my top 5 that likely eats people is Yuuka.

I'm not doing it on purpose, I am actually explicitly trying to use them all up, I just keep fucking up.

My waifu IS a human!

>it's another "die twice, realize you've already lost and reset" episode
Why is TD's resource system such garbage?

Out of my favorite 2hu's, only Yukari and Mystia do that. And i like both of those characters BECAUSE they are evil bitches.

Don't mind me, I'm just walking my bitch.

There’s no such thing as bad mechanics, only bad players. Even if you lost two lives before reaching stage 5, just keep going. Don’t restart the run, clutch it pussy.

Pretty sure it's convertible.

Where are TH16's screenshots stored?
I know that from like TD on ZUN had this amazing idea of not storing data with the game itself, but I don't know where it gets made on your computer.

It worked fine for the main game, but Extra is fucking torture. No matter how hard you try, you can only get 4 lousy lives, all of them before reaching Mamizou. With the difficulty spiking all over the place, you need to plan for your every death, giving you little room for error. TD's real extra boss is resource management, and it's straight up unfun to fight.

You can get 5 at most if you keep fighting Mamizou. Which is not that different from other games(6 lives). SA is even more merciless, you only get two lives before reaching Koishi. The game is no fun if you keep spamming bombs. You got to rely on your dodging skills rather than bombs in TD, which is a pretty good concept to me. Plus, you have spell practice.

>convertible
Nah, just look at it.

C:/Users/(your username)/AppData/Roaming/ShanghaiAlice

If you can’t find it, try unhide your hidden files.

(me)
Complaining on 2hug always works, every single time.
It's true that you can technically get 5 lives in total, but that requires you to enter Trance Mode four times during her fight, which is just ridiculous.
And SA is better than TD precisely because you gain your lives during the bossfight, not the other way around. You have that extra motivation to go on because an extend is just around the corner.

More Scores for the Score Chart. This time I'm submitting for HSiFS. See what game I'll work on tomorrow.

imgur.com/a/13kvd

I love how the EX midboss strat for Cirno is "get inside of Satono's dress, fill her up with your shot, and release on her."

Thanks!

I am looking at it. What now?

That’s a pretty good score. You wanna put it in the score chart?

Thanks senpai, I’ll update the chart later.

>That’s a pretty good score. You wanna put it in the score chart?
Yes, please put it down as "mamizousux", together with pic related's highest score.
>playing Reimu Autumn on release day
You're quite a cultured individual, user.

>imgur.com/a/13kvd
What characters did you use for the second and third pics?

goodnight /2hug/

Goodnight Australia?

Yurop, my sleep schdule is fucked

A NEET's bedtime is anytime.

>Neet
How did you know?

Woman's intuition.

What can I say? Life's funny like that

Cirno Summer Normal
Reimu Extra

>not a NEET, just can't sleep for shit
I hate my life

No, you just know it because you're a NEET too.

Alright, I already finished updating the chart.

Sorry friend, your score for Reimu-Autumn is too low. Step up your fucking game man.

>Step up your game, man
I've been waiting for this, and may get my revenge. Someday. I'm just glad we're seeing more scores.

Hopefully, I can see more people will be submitting one or two of their scores as this general grow.

Gonna ask more about the MoF MarisaB Rule. I see most communities with group scoreboards allow MarisaBug since, intended or not, it is a part of MoF, and using an external program to allow a shottype's scores at all feels off since it isn't the official game, nor does MarisaBug really get drastically higher scores than the other shots. IIRC Reimu holds most MoF WRs anyways.

Fuck, it's Marisa-C that holds the records. Still, shows that Marisa-B doesn't really have an advantage from the bug when it comes to scoring.

I don't care. I still won't accept MarisaB glitch. Using MarisaB is cheating because ZUN clearly doesn't intend MarisaB to be used that way. vsync patch only make the game to play the way it's supposed to be played, it's not cheating imo.

It was never patched out, so even if it was never intended, he still chose to keep it in.

Maybe he doesn't know

>Reminder your waifu most likely eats humans

My waifu DRINKS humans.

How is that any better?

It doesn't necessarily kill the victim and it probably feels good.

That's incredibly unlikely given the reputation of the glitch.

>and it probably feels good.

user, you are clearly under that vile devil's thrall! Snap out of it!

You must be wrong. How can something as cute as this be evil?

What is the weirdest Touhou song in your opinions? For me it's Witching Dream, it sounds very surreal and an extremely odd song to put into the first level of a game.

Or maybe vsync patch for MoF already came out when he know about the glitch, so he didn't bother to fix it.

Ever hear about the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Seduction is just one of the many tricks used by vampires to prey on humans. She'll show her true colors as a monster once you've lowered your guard.

I'm getting the games now, I'm excited to start this series buddies. I've never been a competitive 1cc kind of guy though, will that impact my enjoyment?

He would have announced his approval of the patch fixing the glitch in that case.

I just don't see the issue in it since this is a scoring competition and MarisaBug doesn't give scorers a real advantage. It's only cheating when playing for survival.

>and it probably feels good.

Why do people always think that? Have you ever gotten your blood taken for medical reasons? I imagine it's like that, but even more unpleasant.

It's because the faster you capture the spellcard, the more bonus point you get. after capturing it. This is why I have issues with the glitch.

>Cute but deadly.
>Killed and ate several people.
>Was defeated by faith.

Why hasn't this obvious Youkai become a Touhou character yet?

If this were as important as it seems, Marisa-B would dominate MoF scores, but she does not.

Nah

It only give small advantage for sure, but it's still not fair.

But it's only competing with itself in the scoreboards, so what isn't it fair to in comparison?

Cuteness does not equal goodness. user.

Small advantage in scoring if you're using MarisaB glitch over fix MarisaB. What's not fair here is people play the game the way it's not intended to be played.

>She'll show her true colors as a monster once you've lowered your guard.

What if i like that though?

isn't "The way it's intended to be played" purely up for debate? With what we have, the way the game was intended to play is the product ZUN put out, and anything to fix the game beyond input lag is an external modification that should be considered illegitimate.

It's the same situation with people using EoSD Hitbox patch, just reversed.

>Doremy
Show me your character sort. Who's your 2hu really?

>implying I wouldn't have joined the youkai movement by the time that happened

>Comparing the Chad Bunny of Caerbannog to a cowardly traitour only good for sex appeal.

People like you are the reason why they started burning witches.

>Wants to live as glorified cattle.

Come now. If you're going to betray humanity, at least go the transhumanist route.

>purely up for debate
Come on, do you really think ZUN intended MarisaB to deal 9 billion damage per second when she's not even in full power?

>anything to fix the game beyond input lag is an external modification that should be considered illegitimate
So it's all come down who has the better computer, yes? If you have a shitty computer, then you can never beat the WR? The game supposed to play at 60fps. Vsync patch only makes sure the game runs at 60fps, not tempering with the game mechanics.