/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

I love Alisa!

helloh ghaiz, meinmahnswee here back weeth anoder kahzooyah veedeeo
UGH WAT DE FACKKuh
DIS CHEEP ASS CHARACTER PLAYS ITZELFuh

Where are my buffs?
I won't ask again.

reminder to alt f4 Paul players in the loading screen

Why are you threatening Lee? He needs them more than you do.

>demanding buffs from Lee of all people

BECAUSE LEE ALREADY GOT BUFFS WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY TURN
HE STOLE MY BUFFS AND I WANT THEM BACK

He's still worse off than Lars is

>Steve Fox

Why is practicing ewgfs so satisfying? The sound in combination with the electric sparking noise and effect is hypnotic. It was the same for me with bhopping in quakeworld, the HUUUURGH sound with the rhythmic tapping of mouse2.

Or do I just have autism?

It is pretty orgasmic.

Because it's simple.
Practicing things like movement and poking is more important but actually complex.

Any Heihachi players know how to consistently hit bf2,3 in the combo ewgf ewgf f2,3 bf2,3 S! Rai 2,1? I keep whiffing bf2,3.

Do the bf motion while you're still doing the previous move. Don't wait for f2,3 to end.

I am, anything else you can think of?

Not the same guy but you can also try it with Kazumi's combos as well. Maybe doing a similar motion with a different character will help you out.

just bought tekken 7 today
where my girl Zafina at?

i killed her

I figured it out

She went to get drinks with Lei and Anna and they never came back.

In the fucking trash where she belongs.

Why is that super so strong? Holy shit.

she wasn't that bad. just needed some refinements but harada's a lazy fuck so removing her is easier .

Why refine her when she was unpopular and a halfbaked idea? It's a smarter move to refine good, popular, or iconic characters or just try anew with new characters like they did.

yes bears have always been very popular and also had smart design

Well bears have been sound since the very beginning, so it's not exactly the same as Zafina.

I mentioned iconic didn't I? Also bears were better than Zafina and are more unique.

When would I ever want to use glorious demon god fist? I'm not talking about wr2, I mean f1+2 as Kazuya. Most of Kazuya's moves I can find a niche use for but I don't know about f1+2

I remember TMM mentioning something about using it to practice, but I dont recall exactly.
In matches it's useless.

does buffering even work? i keep trying to buffer and i just get completely wrong moves if i try to.

What are you buffering?

I'm trying to do this user's combo. Buffering bf into the end of f2,3 doesn't work neither does buffering the forward for the second electric.

It's trash and completely 100% useless.

I hate when I watch Steve matches and they're using that custom. So obnoxious.

>nvm fixed it :)

If anyone

the electric comes out specifically from the wave dash, so you can't buffer that

>Buffering bf into the end of f2,3 doesn't work
It does, I've done that combo plenty of times.
You can't buffer electrics because they come out of the crouchdash, but moves that require multiple motions that aren't tied to movement can be buffered.

Show me top player tier lists please

There's not many, almost all are out of date, several have really stupid tier placements peppered into them, and none of note have been made recently except Taisei's which may be the stupidest one in recent history. That's right it might be dumber than Speedkicks tier list.

What's speedkick's tier list

this is the only relevant one. feel free to maybe move kazumi down after nerfs but thats the only major change to this list.

Not that guy but you don't want to know.

Are you overlooking the fact that Knee put Devil Jin, the literal best character in the game, as a B tier in tournaments?

>that's the only major change
>no mention of DJ being extremely under-represented in both lists

come on now

i meant based on changes to the game. djin hasn't been changed. arguably djin is high execution which is bad for tournaments, i don't necessarily agree with knee but thats his justification at the time.

It might be a timing issue. When I do the combo, I usually start the input as the 3 in f2,3 hits. The goal for me is to do the forward input as soon as I finish recovering from f2,3. It might help to have the recovery display on while practicing so you know when to hit the forward.

>djin is high execution
stop talking

Djin does have high execution, it was literally impossible to do the 50+ damage combo out of the hellsweep on ps4 (the tournament standard) before the input lag fix even on lan

boohoo the unseeable low launcher gives 47 damage instead of 52, he has to be knocked down two tiers because of that

Mishimas are all high execution with braindead gameplans.

Not DJ

where did devil jin touch you user?

Not an argument.

The tier list is fucking random as hell in many aspects. You say reasoning but Knee gave very little reasoning for anything other than the general tier divisions. Also you are overlooking the biggest change: the decrease in input lag invalidates this list.

There is exactly 1 relevant devil jin player and he's recently lost because of dropping combos in tournament.

post yfw the only tier lists that make sense to you are the tekgen ones

is the key to getting out of green ranks just mashing out launchers whenever someone chargers at you

There are exactly zero relevant leo players so I guess leo is super difficult, huh

no that's actually the key to staying in green ranks

it's working though

nobody plays leo at all let alone at a relevant level.

Yes which proves that difficulty has fuck all to do with popularity.
DJ being only played by Qudans doesn't mean he's not extremely easy and strong as far as Tekken characters go.

outdated and trash

What is that stupid about Taisei's tier list

qudans losing multiple tournaments because he drops his combos does prove his difficulty makes him a hard tournament character.

But DJ's combos aren't hard? Do you even play the fucking game?

There is no secret or exact method to get out of Greens or any rank group. You need to develop and learn to successfully apply fundamentals. You might get out of Greens using less conducive methods but you'll eventually become stuck again in Yellow.

Apparently Feng is an extremely faulty character and Jin is mid tier at best. Heihachi is one of the most well rounded characters in the game, too. That's only what I can recall, there's much more dumb shit in there

>Paul above DJ
>Katarina in A tier
>Miguel worse than Bears and Lee
>Chloe that bad when we've seen her succeed in tournaments more than some of the other characters
>Kazumi not in top tier

Hard enough for the best player of that character in the world to drop them in tournament.

Combos get dropped all the time for all characters by anyone.
DJ's combos are nothing special, and that's a fact. There's no amount of theorycrafting and anecdotal evidence that's going to change that.

Dragunov's combos with all the f3 cancels are a lot harder and you never see those dropped by JDCR.
Knee never drops his Steve combos full of duck cancels either.

Qudans just choked. It happens.

what makes devil jin combos difficult?

i dont really play this character *drops combo* but this charaacter is sick bruvs look at the damageee *misses input* anyway thanks for watching this guide peace bruvs

In all fairness, Qudans does it to himself by doing T5 combos with like 4 micro dash jabs. He makes it harder than it should be.

That's actually the BnB for ws2 and not super hard, although it's tricky. Chaining EWGFs is the optimal combo and it's extremely hard, and there are some ff3 cancel shenanigans that are also harder to pull off than what qudans (and noroma) do. Any other combos give absolute shit damage, wall carry, or both.

Qudans didn't lose those tournaments from dropping combos. He lost them because he got outplayed, fool.

Have you considered he dropped it because of:
>Nerves
>General fuck up that no player is incapable of once in a while
>What this guy said
>That Qudans hand is slightly fucked up still so he struggles at times and it's part of why he plays a less mechanically intensive character
>Any combination of the above
Or just because someone put it on a list you can't actually use your brain and rationally question it?

dude stop questioning the silver rank faggot who doesnt even play the game. His immense knowledge comes from looking at other people's accomplishments and various hearsay, he has ascended far above me and you

Doing more than 2 ewgf is for pure flash/greed because it only adds like 2-3 damage and makes it exponentially more difficult. If you want you can do just one ewgf and you still have above average combo damage with amazing wall carry. I have awful execution and am not a Mishima player and I can do double electric combos easily.

Are we going to consider Paul the most difficult character in the game because his optimal combo has 4 qcf1s in a row which is one of the hardest things to do consistently in this game? No we consider his combos baby easy because he gets excellent wall carry and breaks 60 damage with a far simpler combo.

Are we pretending electrics are low execution now? Sure maybe you blue rank faggots can go into practice mode and pull off an electric 4/10 times but that doesn't mean it is easy. Being able to get an electric 99/100 in a real match, especially an important tournament match, in any situation (after a sidestep, backdash or even harder a crouch cancel) is really difficult. Certainly higher execution that the majority of the cast.

Crouch cancel electrics are easier than electrics out of a backdash or a sidestep.

Every character has difficult combos. What important is figuring out of those combos are worth going for. Asuka's 3+4 and f4 can both be converted for full combos, but because they're so retarded difficult, no one go for them and they aren't necessary for her to succeed. DJ may have hard combos, but he doesn't need them.

saying mishimas are low execution is the hot new meme this week, didn't you notice?

it started with "devil jin is dumb" then "devil jin isn't as high execution as the other mishimas" then "devil jin isn't high execution" then finally "mishimas aren't high execution"

>mishimas aren't high execution
Find the exact post that said this.

mishimas aren't high execution

The first proper electric takes mastery but the one that you do inside a combo doesn't have to be an actual electric you massive fuck up it just has to be a wgf.

Nice job moving goal posts though and not actually explaining what makes Devil Jin difficult especially with an easy as fuck 45 damage hellsweep combo that takes people halfway across the stage or the fact that Demon Steel Pedal may be the best move in the game that you can literally see Qudans or just about any DJ take about half a character health bar by just repeatedly using that move.

find where in my post where I said second electrics are difficult.

Find in this thread where people were claiming electrics were easy. The only claim was that the doing two electrics isn't difficult, that combos off a single electric are still very strong, and that only greedy/flashy fuckers try to do optimal 3-4 ewgf combos.

You can go "the current meme is saying DJ is easy" all you want, but until you prove what's difficult about him you're full of shit.

E L E C T R I C S

Do people using pad and grip hold map their button combination to the shoulder for tournies?

I'm struggling on claw, but picked clow because I believe they banned mapping button combination. So does that mean people map only punches/kicks to the shoulder?

you are allowed to bind whatever you want in tourney.

Button mapping in game is not banned. If you make custom macros like r1 is fff2 or ewgf THAT would be banned.

if electrics are so easy post webms of you doing 40 consecutive electrics

how are they difficult

Post you doing 50 consecutive 4xqcf1 juggles as Paul

Any Josie players here? Can someone explain to me why Kagemaru literally never uses butterfly edge?