/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/blob/master/libretro.cpp#L3797-L3860
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests
github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/issues/204
reddit.com/user/tomkatt
reddit.com/user/almostgnuman
reddit.com/user/omegaxii
my.mixtape.moe/rcyvad.zip
imgur.com/a/lWct8
imgur.com/a/xsZYI
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed/Nintendo
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip/Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (USA).zip
byuu.qwertymodo.com/board/viewtopic.php@f=3&t=1043.html
gitlab.com/higan/higan/tree/libretro
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks, I am somehow having trouble with 640x480i but I went with 2560x480i, dolphin set to stretch to window and fullscreen seems to do the trick. My only issue now is a few hiccups here and there, maybe it's my old ass CPU.

Why are you not using AMD?

Is that legit? That's fucking awkward.

Just another day in no-drama world.
Missing context makes it look worse than it was.

>sp stalker-san treats his obsession as a full-time job
>is reposting the same old images day in day out
lel

>we power 95% of this goddamn bullshit subindustry

What did he mean by that?

I assume he's talking about retro consoles, not emulation in general.

>falling for the retroshit meme

Yes and yes.
Feel free to post that missing context. I can.

>Are we talking about beetle PSX in particular or all the mednafen cores?
Supposedly everything.
>The people who argue that are not going to be satisfied by any sort of RA port whatsoever
SP's stalker wouldn't, but I think most everyone else would. 6 months ago you'd have thought real peace with byuu was impossible, but here we are.
>It's a ridiculous argument anyway since all hacks are disabled by default
Flashbacks to bporokoff's changes.
>What the fuck is a "clean mednafen experience" anyway?
Just Mednafen.
>It just means one more core in the list that the users will have to figure out what it's for
Not at all. If someone wants to use a mednafen core, they'll download the mednafen core. This is far less retarded than the naming scheme used on other cores. The real problem here is you need some in-ui option that pops up all relevant information about a core to the right of said core on the downloader.
>And the answer will be "it's exactly like beetle but with fewer options".
Beetle has historically been years behind Mednafen, and while that has changed recently with the disappearance of Our Lady, I can see why many would prefer a straight port that will remain up to date. As for the fewer options thing, and no disrespect to anyone who has worked on them, because I do appreciate their effort, but everything outside the gte hack, analog calibration, and chd support are epsxe-tier. And that's fine, because SP himself has said that his vision for Beetle is being the new ePSXe, though I'd have gone with calling it the new PSXR-PGXP as that has a less negative connotation. One look at the issue tracker will show you that more than 90% of the issues stem from the hacks, so surely you can see the value in having the ultimate "just werx" mednafen experience for less tech savvy end users without enticing options that are just going to shit up their experience and with it, retroarch's reputation.

Cont.
>On the subject of making it easier to port things from upstream it doesn't matter since people will want the beetle cores updated anyway, so it doesn't reduce the overall work involved
I'm sure there's contributors who would gladly step up to keep mednafen up to date.
>It's a ridiculous idea that is not going to please or appease anybody, neither the RA haters, nor the beetle users, nor the noobs who don't know the differences between the cores.
Now that's an interesting statement. It would please me. It would please many anons here. It would please many fags on plebbit who've been asking for the same, and most importantly, it would please the person who's willing to put in the work to make it happen. It seems very odd to me that you're so strongly against this.

>SP's stalker wouldn't, but I think most everyone else would. 6 months ago you'd have thought real peace with byuu was impossible, but here we are.
So in this scenario SP wants to make peace with Ryphecha? How would having yet an other mednafen core achieve that? That was never the core issue. I'm sure we all know what the core issue is.
>Not at all. If someone wants to use a mednafen core, they'll download the mednafen core.
So it will be called "mednafen" even though it's not mednafen? That means a new influx of retards reporting RA issues on mednafen's boards? That sure is going to please Ryphecha a lot I'm sure.
>you can see the value in having the ultimate "just werx" mednafen experience for less tech savvy end users without enticing options that are just going to shit up their experience and with it, retroarch's reputation.
If you believe that's the issue you should really take some distance and see what the problems are. Here's a short list:

- Shitty error reporting when something goes wrong. RA just seems to crash (or straight crashes). That's the number one issue in RA usability, always, ever.
- People having bad BIOSes or BIOSes in wrong location
- Shit dumps

Options that are opt-in are a non-issue. If anything it's going to be even more confusing because you'll have people saying "I thought mednafen PSX had overclocking in RA but I can't find the option" because we've always used mednafen and beetle interchangeably when talking about beetle.
>It seems very odd to me that you're so strongly against this.
It annoys me because it seems like a tacit acknowledgment that beetle is somehow inferior to upstream (slower, buggier, not on par feature-wise). I disagree with this statement. This new "clean" core would just be placebo.

The options bother you so much? Here, put a big #ifdef around this block and you have your "just werx" core: github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/blob/master/libretro.cpp#L3797-L3860

waiting for zen+ desu

>slower, buggier, not on par feature-wise
yep, yep, and i dont hear complaints about that last one. vaporeon confirmed its slower.

Buggier how?
Slower than what? If it's upstream I have bad news for you.

>That was never the core issue. I'm sure we all know what the core issue is
We both know he's doing much better than before.
>That means a new influx of retards reporting RA issues on mednafen's boards?
She has a disclaimer, and when the two can be used to test bugs interchangeably, there would actually be value in people finding issues on the libretro core.
>Options that are opt-in are a non-issue
Disagree strongly. Those opt-in options are why we still have to fight the barrage of misinformation that beetle is some buggy mess compared to mednafen, or that there's something wrong with retroarch in general.
>because we've always used mednafen and beetle interchangeably when talking about beetle
Well, you probably shouldn't do that. Use some of that wasted screen space on the core downloader for some real info about each core, or add an in-app ui option where you can sort the cores by platform and get all of the relevant information about them.
>It annoys me because it seems like a tacit acknowledgment that beetle is somehow inferior to upstream
Inferior in the user experience department when most of the options should never be touched and are newfag traps, and since as far as I know, no one has ran the full psx test suite comparing beetle to standalone, we don't know what we're dealing with here.

>She has a disclaimer, and when the two can be used to test bugs interchangeably, there would actually be value in people finding issues on the libretro core.
That's nonsense. Whatever issues occur with beetle would also occur upstream *unless* it's frontend related or beetle is not up-to-date.
>Those opt-in options are why we still have to fight the barrage of misinformation that beetle is some buggy mess compared to mednafen, or that there's something wrong with retroarch in general.
So people talk shit and instead of ignoring or correcting them you're giving into the bullshit? If you really think some options shouldn't be messed with then hide them in an "advanced" submenu. Oh wait, you can't do that because libretro options are too limited. Now that could use a rewrite.
>Inferior in the user experience department when most of the options should never be touched and are newfag traps
The options are pretty explicit for the most part, if clueless users start flicking switches at random shit's going to break. And again, if that's your only issue just disable the options you don't care for in your "clean" build, no need to start from scratch.
>since as far as I know, no one has ran the full psx test suite comparing beetle to standalone
This is *the* *same* *code*, with optional paths disabled by default thrown on top. It's exactly as accurate. If somebody thinks otherwise the burden of proof is on them.

If people think that beetle is somewhat buggier than upstream has nothing to do with the enhancement hacks. It has everything to do with terrible QA in everything RA-related. No releases, just have everybody use the latest rightly. "Oh look, fullscreen has been broken for two months in beetle because of a typo and nobody noticed". But yeah, I'm sure the CD overclocking code is the problem, better get rid of that.

If you really fancy doing that core, be my guest, who would I be to stop you. I'm just annoyed at the ridiculous rationalization behind it.

>no one has ran the full psx test suite comparing beetle to standalone

Hold my beer.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests
Latest Beetle, software core, default options. (*) signifies results that differ from the old standalone tests, but I'll get to those once I'm done with Beetle.
>CPU
All pass.
>CPX
Exception: Pass
Interrupt: Fail
Slot: Fail/Pass
(*)Slot Branch: Pass/Fail
Break: Locks up, so Fail?
(*)Illegal: Fail

Up next, GPU, but so far we have to divergent results.

How old were the standalone tests? If the CPU code diverges there are really no excuses, it's probably one of the least hacked parts of beetle. Except for the GTE overclock thing, but that's trivial to audit.

>SP's stalker wouldn't, but I think most everyone else would. 6 months ago you'd have thought real peace with byuu was impossible, but here we are.
"Peace". Paying for someone to shut up is peace now? Just because byuu is a little bitch that is afraid to stand up for himself against Daniel doesn't mean he is "at peace" with RetroArch. If anything, he's a kind of hostage of RA personal army

Looks like 2015. Chugging through the GPU tests at the moment, going to take a little bit since they're all manual.

IIRC the GPU tests take forever.

Speaking of that, putting that on the backburner for now since most of them won't even run on beetle, they just lock it up.

Up next, GTE.

>GTE
REG: Pass
COMPLEX REG: All pass
OFFICIAL TIMING: All fail
>GTE OPCODE
(*)SQR: Pass/Pass/Fail
(*)NCLIP: Pass/Fail/Pass
(*)Test hangs and cannot continue

Now that's surprising. I guess I stand corrected. Still, I don't think you can blame the hacks for these ones, only the GPU has been hacked enough to make it difficult to backport patches AFAIK. Maybe the CD as well for these new formats.

>MISC
Where am I?: Pass
Pipe line: Fail
No code: Pass
IRQ: Pass

I'll try to plod through the awful GPU tests now.

>inb4 using the GTE speedhack actually leads to better tests results

>GPU
REG: Pass/Pass
IRQ: Pass
FBRECT: Pass
(*)POLYLINE: Fail/Pass
(?)TPAGE: Locks up
(?)MOVE: Locks up
(?)VRAM: Locks up
(?)PRIMITIVE: Locks up
(?)XYFLIP: Locks up
(?)OFFSET: Locks up
(?)POSITION: Locks up
(?)SIZE: Locks up
(?)AREA: Locks up
(?)FIFO: Locks up
(?)INTERLACE: Locks up
(?)TAG: Locks up
(?)BLOCK: Locks up

That concludes the tests for Beetle, up next, standalone.

What does "locks up" mean exactly?

Black screen, controls no longer respond, need to soft reset.

What's weird is that where I'd get a black screen and nothing with Beetle, I get the active test and a progress bar on standalone. Will need to go back and check this again once I'm done.

>Why do useful work when you could refactor shit all day long?
That sounds just like the RA team :)

Once I'm done with standalone, I'll go back and re-do all of Beetle's tests and compile them side by side in a nice spreadsheet. Hopefully that will help point interested parties in the right direction of what could be improved.

user pls.

>emulating instead of buying remakes/remaster

The emulation scene is a zoo

official objective best emulators of all time

1. Dolphin
2. PPSSPP
5000. PCXS2

tldr

1. Bleemcast
2. Bleem
3. Nesticle
4. ZSNES

because reasins

github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/issues/204

at it again, I see

They obviously aren't interested in making progress, so I don't know why autists keep trying to help them.

What makes them even think it's piracy? It's a PC game ported to console, there's literally no point in emulating it except to see if the emulator is supporting the game or not.

there needs to be a ~~~legal~~~ way of dumping games

>hack console to install cfw
>bypass security measures/drm
>dump game as vanilla as possible
>progress can begin lol!

>Slower than what? If it's upstream I have bad news for you.
Not him, but he's right. It's slower than standalone.

Now if this new fork fixes the performance regression, then I'm all for it. Getting tired of seeing forks that are inferior to the original...

>>hack console to install cfw
>>bypass security measures/drm
Which, as you're hinting at, is illegal as heck! It's a DMCA violation, which is effectively global law.

I wish these emudevs all got hit by cars, desu.

>tfw one of the best games on ps3 is still unplayable

It's a Tales game, of course it's unplayable. That's literally a given.

Holy crap dude, you're just... I don't even have words. Your entire opinion boils down to "Retroarch sucks and anyone who disagrees is a liar or one of the developers." Of course I'm giving zero weight to such a biased opinion. If that makes this place like The_Donald (and no I'm not linking that cesspool) then by all means go browse another subreddit.

A lot of people happen to like RA, but fact is, in discussion here and on our wiki there are plenty of other options. Do what you like. But as noted, personal attacks are not allowed, and yes, civility matters.

You're wasting your time, he's just a fucking shill he's been doing this for more than a year now only newfags listen to him.

I'm pretty sure that's pasta.

I'm pretty sure it's pasta as well. Since it seems to have heavy reddit context, including some strange rule against personal attacks and an even stranger rule about civility.
It's close. Like, it makes me want to agree. But it's so contextually broken that I cannot.

reddit.com/user/tomkatt

It's basically autistic SP-stalker kun fag sperging against tomkatt, with some inane ramblings about 'RA the Donald Trump of emulators, etc'.

This guy probably is Terry A. Davis' brother. CIA niggers glow in the dark-style insanity.

Wow, what an incoherent post. Please, try again later.

reddit.com/user/almostgnuman
sp stalker identified, lmao

Hi Karlton.

Oh yeah, gonna fuck him up now

I'm honestly not surprised by this at all.

oh wow he's an autistic liberal who would have guessed, probably spends his day shitting on retroarch while living on neetbux what a fucking parasite.

It's definitely him, he's deleting a bunch of his comments right now.
>sp stalker-san is in his 40s
>has a "micropenis"
>is a fedora tipping liberal
Ayy fucking LMAO

anyone know of a save editor for mh3u on cemu?

>reddit.com/user/almostgnuman
The mroe I read through his log th emore I hat ehim, this guy's a fucking fedora tipping faggot, all of his posts reek of edge and even reddit hates him, impressive shit, gonna have to stalk him for life now.

Yep he just deleted most of his anti-retroarch posts, too late now everything's archived.

These GPU tests are interesting, just throwing a bunch of rapid fire visual garbage. What did he mean by this?

The plot thickens.

I see the sailboat.

Literally list games the pcxs2 cant run well enough to finish

It would be easier to list the games it can.

reddit.com/user/omegaxii
SP defender identified. Posts only about RA and Dragon Ball.

>Beetle bsnes
>bsnes C++98 (v085)
>higan Accuracy

What's the deal with these? Is higan a more up to date bsnes?

>All these deleted psots
>This shitty bait somehow stands
So sp stalker-chan aka /u/almostgnuman is possibly a janitor here.

You weren't kidding, holy fuck.

bump

I have two problems.
When I download "Super Mario All-Star+Super Mario World (USA)" (No-Intro Collection in Internet Archive), it just download a 0-byte file.
I can't open the latest MAME core in Android RetroArch.

>When I download "Super Mario All-Star+Super Mario World (USA)" (No-Intro Collection in Internet Archive), it just download a 0-byte file.

Do other downloads work? Maybe the file ended up being broken during the upload.

>I can't open the latest MAME core in Android RetroArch.

I doubt modern MAME even runs properly on Android.

1) /emugen/ does not support piracy!
2) possibly related to you being unable to legally obtain proper dumps

All files with '+' are broken.

Tried it just to see and yeah it's not just you. Probably has something to do with the "+" in the title.
Here you go
my.mixtape.moe/rcyvad.zip

Also don't use MAME for SNES.

But SNES was discontinued.
1. Actually, I downloaded the correct file, but with the complete SNES folder.
2. I use GPD XD.

Alright, so CPU, CPX, GTE are complete for both. GPU is on hold indefinitely since they just hang on Beetle.

Mednafen tests: imgur.com/a/lWct8
Beetle tests: imgur.com/a/xsZYI

That's a crash. Simias and Daniel, don't quit your day jobs.

Actually fucking around with it, you can still get it if you just add the %2B where it needs to go.

cleaner
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip/Super Mario All-Stars %2B Super Mario World (USA).zip

probably easier for phones
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip/Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (USA).zip

I read that Citra is going to become quite a lot faster in a couple of days.

Eh, I don't blame him. Up until now, apparently no user cared enough to run the test suite, and if no one is pointing to any specific problems, I don't think it's fair to be upset at someone for not fixing them. Now that it's out in the open, we'll see how it shakes out.

yeah and i heard you're gonna get a girlfriend, too

>XD
kys

Fuck off, Citra dev. Go shill on Reddit.

Make me

Sup people quick question here, new to this stuff
If hypothetically someone wanted to download the no-intro stuff from IA. Do they need a VPN in order to not get v&? Or does nobody give a fuck and it's gravy
I looked at the wiki but there wasn't a clear answer

>v& for downloading video games
what the fuck kind of fourth world shithole do you live in?

rofl!

>Beetle bsnes
Ryphecha's fork of bsnes v59 used in Mednafen.

>bsnes C++98 (v085)
Themaister and Ver Greeneyes rewrite of bsnes to C++98 so it could compile on console toolchains. Themaister maintained it up until v85.
byuu.qwertymodo.com/board/viewtopic.php@f=3&t=1043.html

>higan Accuracy
The current upstream version, from gitlab.com/higan/higan/tree/libretro

>insulting byuu because he no longer supports your little crusade

lmao

That looks like a color table with every possible color

So higan is what you'd want to use for maximum accuhurtz, right?