/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB##)
(add patch notes link here)

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Reveal Trailer (Add champ name here):
(add link here)

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>PTS Bug Reporting (OB##):
(add link to forum thread here)

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/paladins_gamepedia/8/8b/Fairy_VGS_Emote_R.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who else /uninstalling/? Or are you going to try PABG?

OB66 is shit.

I have been out all day so I'm about to get my first taste of 66 right now.

i'm going to try pabg first

This is willo.

She's getting oficially killed off tomorrow because some fags on reddit thought she was annoying.

Say something nice to her before she has to go.

LMAO, it like they don't want anyone playing their games. This makes no god damn sense.

Put min settings EVEN higher on a huge as fuck map. This is a new fucking lorez.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting dangerously obsessed by my guru elos as well as my comp rating

This is what killed mermoco. Stop before it's too late.

RIP
She was too cute for this world.

Not even buffed Immortal could save her from Hi-rez.

I don't care about pabg, but I guess I'll continue playing bound.

Now that PABG is coming what does everyone think:

Is it going to be massively popular, just another game mode that barely anyone plays, or somewhere in-between?

enjoy you increasingly long queue times as fewer and fewer people join the bound queue

It'll probably bring in some players since the BR craze is still going but I don't think it is going to pull a pubg or fortnite, despite erez's wet dreams. I don't know how br fans will react to p2w cards though. Seems to me starting on equal footing is one of the essentials of the genre.

I'm uninstalling. The game was already pretty much dead to me. The willo voice change is basically the biggest insult hi-rez has ever thrown at me and the last push I needed to uninstall

It will be "popular" in the sense that most remaining players will be playing it and other queues will be dead as shit.
It won't even come close to competing with major BR games, if that's what you're asking.

I'll try pabg and if it sucks I'll uninstall

give me one good reason why I should click cancel.

>2000+ hours
Damn.

Also, because it has the potiental to become better, even under hirez, and the battlegrounds mode will bring more people, who in turn might stop hirez from draining this game dry.

>3000 hours
>uninstalling because they removed a default voice

I thought you liked this game user.

I can't believe there are even this many people in this thread who gave a shit about Willo. And even if they did, her voice sucked.

lol

>willo voice is the only thing that changed with the patch
lol

It really did. But it's about Hi-Rez butchering their characters under the guise of "player feedback"

That along with battlegrounds are the only changes that matter anyway
Balance was already out the window after ob64 so who gives a shit about that
The characters are literally the only thing keeping me from just forgetting about this game overnight

the new voice is shit because it sounds exactly like Evie and it still has all the old lines that were apparently annoying people so their reasoning for the change doesn't even fit

What's wrong with the other changes.

Was fixing a bunch of bugs bad? Toning Ghrok and Cassie down somehow made the game worse?

I don't get it.

I honestly think there's another reason for the change
Think about it, this is lo-rez we're talking about, why would they go through the effort of re-recording an entire voice pack because some idiots whined?
And with every previous change to a champion (ruckus and barik's whole appearances, kinessa's gun) they simply added the old skins as purchasable alternatives, but not this time

Is it the same voice actress or a different one? If they had some kind of dispute that would explain it.

Gonna uninstall until the new exec director fixes the game

It's a different one. Probably the same as evie's since they sound extremely alike.

Looking at the patch notes, I don't even really hate it that much. The biggest thing that pisses me off is that they finally acknowledged Ying is shit and in order to "increase her viability" their solution was "more damage"

be like me, stop caring.
I used to be in 2000 zone with 120 wins but I didnt play at all during november/december so I decided to just wing the other 80 wins. Started playing competetive while in 720p windowed mode watching shit on youtube. My win/loss ration wasnt 53% but 70%, and now I cant realy recover since I keep getting matched togather with complete retards
I miss being in Diamond, I should have never went full retard.

>If they had some kind of dispute that would explain it.
it wouldnt though because hirez own the voice clips
i dont think there are any complications that mean hirez needs to remove the voicefiles
t.notalawyer btw

Nothing about it on her twitter either. She is cute though.

she looks like my sister

can't wait until foxes are added

I am okay with the, as long as it means that the game will be back to its glory

Damn, Willo's VA looks like THAT?

>these boneheaded decisions in the patch notes
>changing Willo's voice
>removing Sha Lin's illusions
>buffing Androxus
>taking away Kinessa's mines' slow effect
what the fuck is even going on over there

I am convinced that there is an androxus main dev who got shit on by willo, sha lin, and kinessa and then angrily decided to change them the next day at work

>changing Willo's voice
Upvote Central's fault. A lot of them complained that she is not atteactive to play as because of her voice. Since Erez expects a HUGE player increase (from 20k to 50k according to one of the esport players who talked with Erez), he wants her to be likeable as to not turn them off.
>removing Sha Lin's illusions
Complicated for newbies to deal with, especialy now with Unbound making pro shalins frustrating to play against
>buffing Androxus
Erez main and an Edgelord, thus attractive for all the children who start playing the game because of Battlegrounds. Gotta make them feel powerfull, you know?
>taking away Kinessa's mines' slow effect
To complicated to deal with. DPS is much easier to understand compared to slow.

Battleground was a mistake

I don't know how to feel about the direction HiRez is taking. I'm having a mixture of confusion, anger and disbelief.
But fret not, because none of this will change what I feel for her. She erases any negative feelings I might be having otherwise, because love trumps them.

You need to dumb down the game for the casuals since they're majority of the population, otherwise the game just dies because not enough money to keep it running.

Shalin's illusions were already wonky in the first place though, I'm not exactly sad to see them go. This is just a small buff to his escape but a pretty big nerf to his ult.

Hasn't china had a new map for like a month now

It is a gigantic nerf to his ult. Being visible for half a second, especially since you should be firing as often as possible, means he might as well not have stealth during his ult in the first place.
I mean, it lasts, what, five seconds? If you shoot at full draw every time, you'll be visible nearly the whole duration. It's retarded.

the fuck man ying only received buffs

How would you feel if ying's voice was removed from the game and replaced with another champion's voice run through a slight filter?

>]She erases any negative feelings I might be having otherwise
Big deal. she has sex with everyone. it's nothing special.

There's no point in playing anymore since Ash still hasn't gotten buffed.

Don't bully yingfag

Keep up hope, user! What would ash think if she knew you gave up?

Have you actually watched any PGS or ESL matches? Ash's picked almost every game. Her new legendary is actually very good.

>Hi-Rez just bans all low levels from classic siege to fix people crying about matchmaking
lol

>full draw time during ult: 0.75s
>visible after shooting for 0.5s
So you are invi for 0.25s unless you don't shoot as much as you should, kek

But if I use that legendary I will have a manlet shield instead of a bbc shield.

alright

It wouldn't be fair to think only about her, that would be selfish.
I think about the quality of the game and about all of us.

I would be devastated.
I'm sorry about our Willofriends. I frankly hate the change as well and think the reason they gave for it is beyond stupid.

Do you believe it's a good time to try to pick a fight with me when we all have more than enough to be concerned with now?

>force people to play unbound
>wash their hands with matchmaking
It's not even funny anymore

Considering Paladins' and Hirez's poor player retention, I doubt it would be as high as the main gamemodes.

>Willo's voice is too annoying, remove it!

>Cassie's Valleygirl voice still in-game
>Twitch BK voice still in-game

Someone should tweet her something like "Loved what you did with Willo in Paladins, was sad to hear that they're replacing your work today :(". Wonder if she even knows, don't know if Hi-Rez is obligated to inform a VA that they're being replaced when they've already finished the work.

Cassie's valley girl voice is literally the best in the game and should not be compared to trash like bk's stream king voice pack.

>Maeves DJ voice still in game

OH MY GOD, YES~!!!!!

UI adjusted so lazy players will end up clicking the first UI element to the left, most new gamemodes are Unbound—yeah, totally not rigged.

She'd be proud because I'm not supporting the company that nerfed her.

So they're just gonna keep people from playing Bound so they can tell everyone that people enjoy Unbound?

So now that they're making everyone coming into the game fall in love with unbound how long do we have until they change ranked to unbound too?

When will this nigger shut the fuck up and stop shilling? I hope the new producer attempts to fix the game for you guys but I'm done with being a cuck

>players are more likely to go back to unbound because queues and matchmaking are better
Holy fuck, and who is at fault for that? Is he clinically retarded?

>tfw can't run Paladongs with all settings on high
No Battlegrounds for me, eh lads?

d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/paladins_gamepedia/8/8b/Fairy_VGS_Emote_R.ogg

I'll miss you, fairy of many memes and explosions

Well, OB66 was my personal deadline and the last chance I was willing to give the game. I'll keep lurking here, but their legendary "retention" won't work on me any more.

>Maeve's regular voice still in the game

>industry professional supports

so they hired a consultant that told them pay to win is the way to go

>make a meme BR mode
>make it a requirement to be ran in 64bit mode
>64bit now forces you to run high settings
>HUEs and slavs will be running the game at 2.3fps if they want to play the meme BR mode
What's HiRez's angle here? Can someone explain?

they don't potential battlegrounds players to be scared off by screenshots with shitty graphics

People saying the game runs like fucking shit will get around much quicker than screenshots with poor graphics

protip: we dont want to group up with third worlders in pabg anyways

hi rez new high settings only changes are based

>players that are worse than bots are always on your team

Do I really have to become a bugzy if I wanna win in this game?

>Banned Seris by mistake
>Pick Jenos
>We won and I healed more than any match with a Level 18 Seris with a Level 7 Jenos.

Woah, Battlegrounds is good then.

I can't believe Hi-Rez invited this guy to HRX, and supports him by giving him giveaway codes. This has to stop!

Knowing HiRez it was probably by pure accident but they don't want to admit to it for some reason.

Without Joshino and KamiVS what noteworthy streamers does paladins have left?

also people need to stop calling every single game roguelikes

>better game has more players
STOP THE PRESSES

>industry professionals supports
Now I understand why everyone is always blaming supports for everything. It really is their fault.

Rainbow Six's Test Servers have more players than Paladins!

I keep forgetting to try out that game during their free weekends it looks decent

But Paladins is my favorite roguelike!

I don't think anyone uses the roguelite term anymore, this one at least has rogue elements for once

Hi-Rez changed Willo's voice and used "player feedback" as the reason for it so they can say they listen to players and when they do people get mad, so that's why they won't do anything major with cards unbound

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Except even a fucking idiot would know that willow's voice was so far below cards unbound in the community's list of demands that they (hi-rez) are intentionally fucking up OB66

So what are your unpopular opinions /palg/?
I actually like the new card system

makoa hook is fine

I think Ying makes an okay healer
Payload cap speed should be faster the more people are on the point (up to 5%/second)

I hate fernando as well as his gameplay