/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ysj6c2boC6GarFvMah34e6VviZeaoKB6QWovWLSGlsY/edit#gid=1845737070
youtube.com/watch?v=RS3-z_WBqgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for I thought for the longest time this tailrider "Trap Whiz" was someone else's palico who named it that after Whiz Khalifa turning into a trap rapper.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T ORIGINS SET LAYERED

Are T2s true end game?

Set decos, more variety, easier to pick up

3rd for Elemental Lance has been proven superior through math and practice

Reminder that there are plenty of scenarios where elemental will beat raw but raw is universally easier to make and doesn't require specific sets for monsters which is why everyone has flocked to it.

Bagel lance seems like it'd be fun because of blast. Am I wrong, or is it an alright lance?

Do we know the exact length of time Power Charge on Hammers works or is there a visual cue for when it ends?

*upgrades your teostra*

>do HR angery doggo arena
>someone cuts off tail
>IG fag prevents everyone from carving tail after it's dead
>still manage to carve and get plate
Why are people so rude?

I love felynes dearly!

now suck it if you dont want to get one shot

How do I git gud with the GS? I love it so much but every time I try to hunt with it I just get trampled on and interrupted so much

With Equip Sets though it's easy as shit to swap to the appropriate set for a monster.
Raw/"general use" is for brainlets, not that it really matters in a HR game (and one as easy as World at that).

T2 is the thinking man's end-game that's for sure.

shiny hammer till you get hit or sheathe

What does Wyverian milky taste like?

I want to start playing Frontier. I know people hate it around here, but I still want to try it, at least to see some crazy shit. Is fist.moe the only resource available/that I'll need? Would anyone here who plays it be willing to give me some tips for a beginner/what to look out for as someone with no familiarity with moon runes?

Tackle. Don't charge the first two charge attacks. Roll and tackle.

Reposting for element lances having no TAs:

What a cute long-legged tobi kadachi.

i answered your post in a previous thread but you must not have seen it
add me on steam and we can talk about it there, dont wanna shit up the thread
steam: Nephutis

absolutely, positively BTFO

Any /ddg/ bros in here?
Did you try to re-create your Arisen/Pawn in World?
Did you succeed?

>rawfags being BTFO by a fucking fateposter
is there anything more embarrassing?

>90 hours
>Just realized you can grapple hook

What is "Bowgun Special Ammo"? Do they mean the Wyvernheart/snipe abilities? Do they mean the non-tiered shots?

>he's not HR 999 with all the jewels

lmao???

>the blast meme is back
Feels good my dudes!

Does some kind user have the webm of Odogaron just levitating up into the air to turf war a monster? I lost my shit when i first found it but didn't save it like the brainlet i am

Good thing 50% of the game is tutorials, eh?

Rusted Coins

that one asshole who lures the mon to the top of the arena constantly thus turning a 5 minute hunt into a 9 minute hunt

dont be that guy user, that guy is a cunt

Does Bazel Lance with Apothecary Mantle and Charge ticks work for Blast?

enjoy your 7000 year temp ban :^]

Yes.

I main DB,LS,GS and Hammer because I'm too much of a brainlet for anything else.

Is there a max Unity?

If you guys haven't yet crafted this hammer, do it.
It looks so fucking good, so much fun.
And it's not even bad.

But Dual Blades are a high IQ weapon.

>Decide to try fashion hunting after hours of playing a min/max set
>Damage barely drops at all
Why the fuck would anyone ever bother with clownsuiting outside of TA attempts, holy shit.

What does unity even do?

>fight diablos
>git gud and kill him without getting hit
>confused why people complain about his burrowing attack
>fight black diablos
>hihg speed and damage diablos
>insta-cart

Shut up fag

>anti-cheat on PS4

KEK

Maybe when the PC release comes out :^)

i just found out my hammerbro can run up walls and do aerials

found one in coral highlands another during nurg. i feel like like ive been doing it wrong this whole time

>cant use elementless

muh damage

Does unity do ANYTHING in MHW?
Guild card color, titles, anything?
I hope not. MHW's online sux.

When is World getting Wacky Kut-Ku?

Idk but I'm getting close to 1000 but dunno if there's a cap

>still falling for the elementless meme
Oh lawd...

>mfw Teo Axe

Could someone confirm that there is a decoration for Horn Maestro, and if so, the rarity? Appreciated.

If your dumbass actually has your HR set to 999 through a save editor and it somehow manages to not get caught by the save check system MHW uses then you're still gonna be reported for being a flagrant fuckwit.

If you're gonna take all the fun out of it ya might as well be smart about it and set your HR to just 200 or something.

>cant cut tails off
Real crime here

Anyone have a teostra SA build? I'd like to branch out from the raw meme.

>Those atrocious times
>"Time Attacks"
Those are lets plays my man.

Is there a decoration for Teo's set bonus?

>Unless its under 30 seconds I don't count it.

I don't know, I have like 28000 unity and haven't noticed anything, but the game doesn't tell you when you get new titles and shit so who knows.

It doesn't change my HR directly, it changes the EXP I accumulated (or the exp needed) and all I have to do is play one mission to update it.

Yes, I have one. Can't check the rarity though.

There's a google doc 2 or three 3s ago that shows the most recent jewel table, and I think Maestro is on it and its a threat lvl 3 Drop, lvl 3 slot jewel. Just go back a few threads and ctrl+F "doc" to see.

disgraceful, Capcom. teasing us with an actual axe instead of the stupid SA and not letting us have it.

>RAW IS THE BEST I SWEAR

IDK about lance but I know raw is best for Swaxe.

A friend of mine who bought this game really fucking HATES the fact that you can't pause during gameplay. I told him that i see where he's coming from but it really shouldn't be an issue since a hunt will take 20 minutes TOPS. But he still says it's retarded.

Is there actually a legit argument that can be made against being able to pause the game?
I personally like that you can't pause because it forces you to commit to a hunt. I like that feeling, but probably not really a good argument overall.

>The part of the wall in the center used too thin a paint, still showing outlines of the background which the artist painted over.
All talent, no skill.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ysj6c2boC6GarFvMah34e6VviZeaoKB6QWovWLSGlsY/edit#gid=1845737070

Oh lawd...
He actually doesn't know...

This is true
Don't believe those dirty Teo SA heretics

no argument, you were allowed to pause duing SP in previous games
why the fuck are you even arguing against that

Raw is the best and you should stop defending Capcom for their atrocious balance. You should ALWAYS be rewarded for bringing the right element to a fight, it's not even a question.

Apparently the hit new meme is Teo Swaxe.
The only time I could see needing to pause is if you just started a solo 15 minute investigation and something comes up, it'd be nice if you were already offline and you could just pause so you don't potentially lose the investigation.

Pause is fucking useless when you can fast travel to safety whenever you want and abandon quests with zero repercussions.

>still no legiana lewd pic

youtube.com/watch?v=RS3-z_WBqgM

this is such bullshit. only a soyboy would do investigation farm runs lmao

I'm not arguing against it per se, i'm simply saying it shouldn't really be an issue since a hunt takes 20 minutes tops.

>People post evidence proving otherwise
>Rawfags on one hand will mock Capcom for not balancing the game properly but when presented with evidence showing Element/Status competing with Raw will immediately shut down and scream RAW IS BEST
Absolute state of /mhwg/

Autists, just like always.
Not even a quarter of the people who get autistically fixated on min-maxing are good enough at the game for it to make a significant difference.

>soyboy
LMAO epic burn famalam!!! XDD

OKAY SO SHOULD I TAKE KIRIN LANCER OF THUNDERSPIRE III? I DON'T HAVE ANY CRIT ELEMENT DECOS

Is there a build I can try out for teo SA? I'm really interested but never made an elemental/status build yet so I don't know where to start.

Teo is one of the few swaxes that looks unique so I've been meaning to get one anyway, and it sounds fun with the kablooie and what not but my numbers are just way too high with blos NEB that I just can't bring myself to get away from it now with my current build. At least until I get to where I can start farming elder dragons.

But hey, if Teo Swaxe is really good enough to justify making a blast build equipment set for a new loadout that's something I can look forward to working on. I don't know 100% for sure which DINFINITIVELY has best numbers but hey, its not like I have to stick to just one build.

Also props to this user for fishing out the Jewel Doc.

6 Decides what weapon I use on a new file.

>new file
for what purpose

>Proven otherwise

But there is no proof. There are fast clears, yes but they're not faster than pure raw+non elemental boost. Show me 1 case where elemental is stronger than raw and gets faster times. The only weapons Elemental has ever been "okay" on is SnS and Elemental should be better on ALL weapons

take the babel spear kid

>HR45
>Beat all the assigned quests
>Have a bunch of Investigations for a Tempered Jyradaous and Puki-Puki that don't give shit for exp
>Can do Elder Investigations but they give barely any more exp

So what, do I just grind forever? Is there a way to get at least semi-exciting Tempered?

Swaxe.

he wan sum kirin slut

it's called pukei pukei

To see different gender armor and cause why not.

The one you use to kill yourself.

Show us these "better times" than the elemental ones then.
Not that it matters because the in-game damage indicators clearly show improvement for elements than for raw.

>He doesn't know about the rise of the Teo Swaxe