/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Where It All Started Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018

Monster's Inc Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=W5CTlRKa1SE
"Don't Think Twice" Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2vEr-618g
"Oath" Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=LuSh4-cbAOc

Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July 18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July 18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July 18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July 19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE
pastebin.com/eP0kJznN

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTy0VKu5TyA
youtube.com/watch?v=2gbqG4iMw3E
khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-s-D23-Expo-Japan-2018-Recap-11414
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Player

Sora shouldn't have taken up drinking
What general are they confusing us for?

I bet you feel silly

We've gotten a lot of wronggen posters the last couple threads, I think they've all been different ones, it's weird

well smt posters must have gotten a few kh crossposters when one of their postbins had KHG in in

Nice

welcome to gods

I wish when BbS got ported for 2.5 (or at least 1.5+2.5), they had combined TAV into one playthrough and let you swap like in DDD.

Imagine how hype Keyblade Graveyard would be if you got to play all of it at once

That would have required rebuilding it. Never gonna happen. I had hoped they would pull the camera out at the very least but alas.

I mean, would it take that much work? Especially after they figured out the system for DDD.

They were already spending extra time on BbS to update a bunch of models and implement the bonus medal objectives in the arena.

I just think they missed a big opportunity to rectify the weird pacing that comes with "restarting" the game twice over.
It also could have made Final and Secret Episode better for completionists, because if you do Final and Secret Episode without a 100% Aqua report, you're fucked and have to start again from the normal Aqua file. It's real dumb.

The game was built a certain way. If they didn't have time to make Days or coded into full games then there's no way they'd have time to change how BbS is built.

It's not even remotely the same thing as rebuilding a DS game for PS3.

It's basically just combining the save files and allowing the player to choose which part of the save to use.
It's not like Terra's BbS is a different game from Aqua's and they happen to be slapped into the same disc. They're occupying the same game with the same assets only some of those assets are exclusively triggered by one character, just like DDD.

If I had my way I'd also get them to combine the Report and command collection to cut down on the obscene grind to 100%, and that'd be even easier to do.

The ReMixes were little more than taking the same game and replacing the models/textures, then bumping up the resolution and framerate, all of which can be done (to a much lesser extent) in an emulator.
Anything more would cut into FFXV/KH3 dev time.

so can you pull aqua and terra in each other's banners like it was in the foreteller banners?
i haven't seen any proof either way yet

no

They also introduced Combo Master and EXP Zero into KH1, and modified the controls and Command Menu, made new cards for CoM, remastered the soundtracks, and of course all the work that went into Days and Re:coded

DDD also had quite a bit of work done compared to other HD collections.

The ReMIX team was already small as it was, so doing a little extra (and it really is just a little) wouldn't have been that much of a strain on KHIII's resources.
Especially when they went back to port the collections to PS4, and had staff stay on the project for a series of patches.

It's not like every second spend on 1.5 and 2.5 were seconds borrowed from KHIII. It was just that, with the budget and time they had for the ReMIXes, Days and Re:coded could not receive full remakes without taking staff off of KHIII to complete it.

Combo Master and EXP Zero were not in Final Mix on PS2. They're new abilities for 1.5

Yeah I realized that. The rest of the stuff he listed was already in the games except for the remastered soundtrack.

I get the sentiment, I personally would have much preferred they had gone for full on remakes for all 6 games, 3 be damned. But what they did add was nowhere near as time intensive as what you wanted.
>Combo Master and EXP Zero
Very much affect how you play, but simple to implement from a Dev point of view, they didn't even fully test it, as seen by the damage glitch
>new cards
Some of which were one-to-one replacements for the KH2 cross save cards
>remastered sountrack
Only the full track for 1 and 2, only 8 other tracks for the other games.
>Days and re:coded
Very much where most of the time was probably spent, KH1's source code notwithstanding

The new camera controls, implementation of Reaction Commands and modified Command Menu layout are also new to 1.5

I'm pretty sure they moved camera to right analog in KHFM. But its been years and years since I played it.

Also, for Combo Master in particular, its so easy to implement you can even add it in emulators
youtube.com/watch?v=jTy0VKu5TyA
For the drop mechanic, look at it this way. Just because they've done command decks in 3 games so far, doesn't mean it would be easy, or even possible to put it into any of the others, even if they wanted to.

youtube.com/watch?v=2gbqG4iMw3E

Well, implementing Command Deck would be significantly more work considering not only is it a mechanic for performing actions, but those actions are modifiable and have hundreds of iterations

It really wouldn't be difficult to just have on the world map a Station where you can go to the character select screen like when you're starting a new game, which would swap the character and by extension all the content triggers exclusive to that character, which I'm positive are already a part of the game's coding.

where's my upright power equivalent to iDiZ and triton?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that's basically going to determine which keyblade to focus and by proxy, which TAV to focus
right now i'm doing pretty well with herc b on fenrir, so terra would be nice
but i know iDiZ is soon, so that'll make fairy stars even better
but if i knew that a power equivalent was on the way after him, i wouldn't have to jump ship for the power creep, and just continue throwing power gems at fenrir

The TAV you focus on is the one you're lucky enough to get.

>not having all three

I'm not made of money.
I also happen to have a black hole of luck.

>he has no luck or skill

Tons of skill. 0 luck.
If there's no mercy pull I ain't getting it.

man, i would love to have Daybreak Town as a world in III.

Do you think we'll get to see Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus's master?

no

So I should pull from the aqua banner to get hd zexion and days riku and guilt for my hd zexion and a chance at aqua?

guilt for my hd vanitas*

Yeah.

so every 20 missions after mission 525 is 1000 jewels?

no. Its not consistent at all

you do have a doublecast copymedal right?

no but I have like 6 copy medals.

awww shit I just met skuld again I'm finally in the plot!

playing through all the KH games, just completed BBS. I've heard recoded isn't necessary and does nothing for the plot, is this true? Can I just skip it or is there one scene that is particularly special and needs at least one watch? thank you in advance

there are two important plot points but one is covered by blank points and the other is covered by chi

you can skip it

I have a Copycat Xion that has 2 Extra Attacks on it. I don't know if it's even possible or just a lucky bug.

Is that not supposed to be possible? should I not aim for that?

its pointless, only one EA activates

so the most you can cast one kex is 6 times not 9?

yes. Having it cast 3 times is enough for colliseum

Aren't you dead?

Should i run KH 0.2 Aqua or Key Art #1 as my 5th magic medal?

Im also torn between going HD Namie then KEK or KEK in slot 1 and then Key 'Art' Sky in slot 2

Also i know my skills suck, dont have anything good to use as of now

Oh, I didn't know. So I guess I should get rid of that 2nd Extra Attack if it does nothing.

>YFW still no Hawaiian Lilo and Stitch world due to Disney pretty much not giving a shit about what country Stitch lives in.
Might as well end the game with him staying at Destiny Island and becoming Sora's "pet" with him then leaving to go to Twilight Town or somewhere in 4.

Gib 0 AP weekend pls

thursday with story

Oh really? Just in time for me to earn all possible jewels and pull the aqua banner.

well we had no story for february yet

Opinions that make you extremly cringe?
>They should introduce Goofy's son Max

How is that cringe? Kingdom Hearts needs more Disney and Final Fantasy would be cool.

I'm not busting my balls to earn RKmanlets a damn thing when this event starts. They can fuck right off, SENA can too for shafting us on rewards.

Just stick Max in a shop or something like HD&L. No nees to make a cutscene or plot point out of it, just a regular shop menu with flavor text like "hope this helps you on your journey, dad".

no.
He can be in a shop but he shouldnt say anything.

HD&L do the same thing with "Uncle Donald. It's literally the same thing.

Why do you hate Max user?

he is shit, never used in the disney expanded universe and basicly only exist as a plot premise.

Do you have a better Speed Medal to put in Slot 4? Sora has a dogshit multiplier outside of Slot 5.

Also, 0.2 Aqua has the superior multiplier. Have you guilted anything?

Scans are out
khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-s-D23-Expo-Japan-2018-Recap-11414

Even if he was in a shop, there'd still need to be a little cutscene where Sora reacts to Goofy being a father, and didn't tell him these, what, 2-3 years they've been travelling together? At least make it a text bubble scene, like when SDG met Scrooge in Radiant Garden

I've guilted my KEK so far

The only other decent Speed medals i have are Illustrated Neku and Illustrated Aqua B

Thank god they fixed Mickey, the 0.2 version gave me nightmares

what a suprise, nothing new

Donald gives no shit about HDL and he is their legal guardian

I can't believe it....I'm in an issue of Famitsu!

Man monster Sora looks like shit

Goofy looks so sassy

>Having more Disney would be cringe
Fuck you user.

How come Vanitas looks so much like Rinzler?

Vanitas predates rinzler

What is the best kh ship, and why is it Maleficent and Pete?
Goofy looks like he was made in SPORE
>Star Wars in kh
>Star Vs in kh
I've seen some of these opinions on /co/
I guess this is possible, but it'd be pretty weird for kh Goofy to have a kid and for it to not be mentioned up to this point. All in all I'm against Max.

What kind of a setup are you using HD Vanitas in?

>that Mike Wazowski
Famitsu may be a trash magazine with a shitty scoring system, but dang if that didn't make me chuckle.

thats a shop

Sokai is pure ship

Sora Jr when?

Oh. Well, back in the trash heap my appreciation for Famitsu goes.

What does it say on Marluxia?

Release at E3 right?

>Fewer worlds than KHII
FUCKING WHY?

They had years to work on this. Fucking why?

Less Disney worlds than KH2, not less worlds

>The Toy Story world is set after Toy Story 2. It isn’t a parallel world. Rather, the events of Kingdom Hearts III are part of the Toy Story time axis. (In other words, it is canon.)
Sora and co in Toy Story 4 comfirmed

10-19 worlds in 3
16 worlds in 2.

Kh3 being canon to toy story just fully integrates the mainline toy story universe into the kingdom hearts universe.

And considering kingdom hearts is now a marvel universe thanks to big hero 6, something fucky is going on.

A lot of them are going to be throwaway shit like bad lands and Yen Sid's tower.

What the fuck could they add besides OC shit? It would be great to see some Final Fantasy inspired worlds but Radiant Garden is the designated Final Fantasy ghetto.

KH2 had a ton of filler, making you visit worlds twice throughout the game
The world count is also inflated. Atlantica was barely a world. 100 acre wood was just minigames. Disney castle and mysterious tower are just mini areas of the true worlds that are connected to them. So that's at least 4 of the 15