Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/
New content this weekend extremely likely confirmed by klean on stream

>Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed)

>Maps with Extraction Points
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov
tarkov.directory/

>List of Trade-In Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0

>Item Value Per Slot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yMjMQc7AgLVR7fMYDC_CG79VZ70IXb3ppQWU0Bs2JWs/edit#gid=0

>List of Quest Item Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL""""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538
MONOLITH - EU based discord:
discord.gg/sKyQny6

>Latest major patch notes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/58320-patch-071910/

>Ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

>Full controls list
pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA (embed)

>Previous Thread

>tfw based kotton btfo reddit normies

Fort Knights > peasant poorfags and badders.

>tfw

>this is the reason the cheekis kneecap everything

What is that faggot crying about?
Fort has its strengths and it has its weaknesses everything is cool and good as it is right now. I heard tho that they're not planning no leg armour.
But still, Watch out baddies. The gud boys are here to LARP as medieval knights. And there's literally nothing that you can your wifes sons 9mm rifle can do about it.

>fully armored pmc waddles down the road at 40% max speed
>throw a grenade/flash/smoke grenade
ez pz

I'm the one who should be crying about fort being too weak, but nope. The oppressors of poor fort wearers must be both the victim and the oppressor. Unacceptable.

>waaaaah, why doesn't it make me invincible?

new player here

what's insurance and how does it work? if i add my gun to the insurance, and nobody takes it, i'll get it back the next day?

yes.

thats rubbish, is it actually 24 hours tho? how the hell can i be convinced nobody will take my stuff?

More like a day and a half, if it doesn't leave the raid you'll get it back.

what's a good way to make sure it doesn't leave the raid or not getting picked up by another player

36 hours.
>how the hell can i be convinced nobody will take my stuff?
They will.

yea but I think prapor takes your bullets like a dick. That or every player I've ever met takes the time to empty out my clipazines.

I heard something about an upcoming wipe, does anyone know something about that?

they will what

Don't die?

If you insure with Prapor (you should always insure with Prapor) it is 24-36 hours from the time you die to when the insurance return comes in. From there you SUPPOSEDLY have 72 hours to retrieve it but it's currently bugged and you have between 20 and 24 hours to retrieve it from Prapor (yes this is a confirmed bug with the devs, yes I've personally had it happen).

If someone else takes it and actually makes it out of the raid with it, you do not get it back. If nobody loots it or if they loot it then get killed, you get it back.

Insure EVERYTHING, it's worth it especially at first when you'll be dying to scavs with some regularity, but you'll be surprised what you do get back even when a player kills you. Insure any keybars/wallets in your secure container as well just in case you accidentally drop them and they glitch through the terrain (happens more than you'd think).

I just insure everything because it gives you a steady stream of supplies, no one takes scav vests and shit so you can save a bit of money by insuring them. You should never really expect to get a weapon back unless you glitched it out of the map or something.

so insurance means i have to go back and grab it? wew lad

how do i actually know nobody will take my weapon?

Don't die is the only surefire way.

If you're hurt really bad and know you're going to die, start chucking insured stuff in bushes or off cliffs or any other place that people either can't reach or are unlikely to find it. A rifle innabush is basically impossible to see; a trizip not so much.

You can't insure consumables, that includes ammo and meds.

oh i thought i'm supposed to go back and find it, so i can just throw it away where nobody will find it and get it back without doing anything besides waiting 1-2 days?

Goddamn you are one dense motherfucker, you know that?

No, the guy you insure with goes and gets it. It is returned to you via the chat window, you can retrieve insurance shit from your stash screen.

You DO NOT KNOW if people will take your shit. It's a risk. Good guns get taken frequently, shitty guns not so much. If you get killed in an out of the way place or by a scav your shit's less likely to get taken but it's still not guaranteed.

No, Prapor gets it, you just have to check messages. It tells you it will delete the items if you close it before taking everything but it doesn't, so you can take some stuff, sell it or make more room in your stash then go get the rest.

>how do i actually know nobody will take my weapon?
You can't unless you put it somewhere no one will look.

how do i get people to sign insurance with me?

Can you rephrase that after putting more than 2 IQ points into the question?

>No, the guy you insure with goes and gets it

how do i become "the guy" taking care of insurances for other players, dipshit

You don't. There are exactly 2 people who do insurance, they are both NPCs. You should ALWAYS use Prapor, because he's cheaper than Therapist.

The only real way to know that you'll get a weapon back is if you died to AI scavs when the round was about to end or you hid the item yourself. If you died to a player you're not getting that weapon back unless that player finds something worth more.

an AI is grabbing my loot? thats pretty dumb

Hardly going to be a player going into a dead raid.

what's a hatcling and why do people hate them?

Nah, the only dumb thing here is you.

When you said "new player" we all assumed you'd actually, y'know, launched the game at least once.

Mate fuck this guy
>206028929
Hes one of those "fort is op" crybabies. Too fuckin stupid to function.

is there a chance the AI won't find my loot when it was never taken by another player?

Everything that is insured will be returned within 24-36h (I think?) IF no one leaves the raid with it. For example: you die and someone loots your shit, but they die 10m later and no one finds your gear they took; you'll still get it back.

also go print off all the maps until you learn them tarkov.directory

People who start with zero gear. They run around with the default melee weapon that everybody always has and nothing else.

People hate them for a myriad of reasons but the 2 valid ones are:
1. They cheapen the PVP aspect of the game since they're really not a threat/challenge to anybody wearing even basic armor or using anything better than a makarov
2. They haul ass to the closest high-value loot spot and shove everything of value in their secure container. At which point they intentionally DC or commit suicide in such a way that getting their (valuable) dogtag is difficult or impossible. This gives them a fast turnaround time, and geared players can't afford to play that recklessly because they're actually risking stuff.

A lucky+smart hatchling can turn a 2 million plus rouble profit YOLOing Marked Room or Customs office even if they die in 2 minutes.

why does the gamma in this fucking game just randomly set itself as low as possible?

no

why is it difficult or impossible to find their dogtag if they kill themselves? does everyone have a secure container or do i have to throw irl money to get it? with a secure container, nobody can open it and the loot gets secured after the raid?

>This gives them a fast turnaround time, and geared players can't afford to play that recklessly because they're actually risking stuff.
Well if you're shit, yeah.
First thing you should do whenever you spawn on any map with any gear is pullout a hatchet and sprint.

Not the fact that they killed themselves but *how* they kill themselves. Such as jumping out a window onto something you can't reach from the ground but the fall is enough to kill them.

ah now i get it, yeah that's gay af.

Everybody has a secure container. The cheapest version of the game gives you a 2x2 secure container, the most expensive edition gives you a 2x4 container (along with more starting gear and a 5x bigger stash).

If you lose your secure container (you have to be retarded to do this) you can usually buy a new 2x2 container from Fence, or if you've leveled Therapist up to trader level 4 you can buy a 2x2 secure container from her (but it's a fanny pack, and that's gay af).

If you are willing to incur some risk there are people who are making money by selling the 2x4 secure containers they get from their expensive game edition via either real-money-trading websites like playerauctions, or through the reddit tarkovtrading for in-game money or items. Since you can reset your profile an infinite number of times this isn't actually a bad money-making scheme if you have a friend you trust to hold your profits during a reset.

The very last quest in the game currently (Punisher pt 6) awards a 3x3 secure container and the devs have claimed that upon full release (2-3 years into the future, they're currently planning for a 2020 release and that's not looking promising) you will be able to upgrade your stash size through in-game, non-IRL-money methods (either buying it with in-game currency or being awarded it through quests).

When will they fix the netcode HOLY SHIT it's been 1 year

this week my man

They won't. They can't, they don't know how and Unity is the absolute worst engine they could've picked for good netcode.

>First thing you should do whenever you spawn on any map with any gear is pullout a hatchet and sprint.
I would agree, except boilers side spawn on customs take a look for spawn campers and then engage sanicmode.

You mixed up your shit. EOD is 3x3 the quest one is 2x4.
Also where did you pull this one out of?
> 2020 release

I don't think you can die from fall damage in this, I've jumped off the top of radar tower on shoreline and only broke both legs and minor damage (not blacked out).

Ah you're right I did get those backwards. Sorry, I'm a standard edition scrub stuck on Punisher 4 (can't find any fucking PMCs on shoreline reee)

Nikita posted it in the big container-glitching metathread on reddit 2 days ago when discussing whether or not people will be banned for abusing glitches.

Hell they're currently not even planning on going to open beta until the end of May at the earliest as per Klean today because of all the issues with the netcode and actual hackers. This has been a recent stretch from March, which was already a stretch from the "mid February" release they claimed during the trial key giveaway in December.

I thought that too until I jumped off the hill the weapons-crate cabin is on on Shoreline and killed the shit out of myself from full health.

Fall damage is really fucky in this game. There's really tall shit you can jump off and take almost no damage (radar tower, the giant mountain on woods, third floor roof of health center) and others where a 6 foot drop kills you dead (hill east of power station, 2nd floor roof of 3-storey dorms, hill that the cabin east of health center is on, shorter mountain on Woods, catwalk by Customs office).

>Sorry, I'm a standard edition scrub stuck on Punisher 4 (can't find any fucking PMCs on shoreline reee)
Don't be a shitter and buy earmuffs. Run straight towards the sound of gunfire. This is how I did it and how i made 2 other kids i babysit do it.

My problem is for the last week there IS NO FUCKING GUNFIRE on shoreline. I'm routinely seeing 0-4 people in the lobby.

Hell I got my first Shoreline kill in 5 days earlier this morning because I happened to get to the tunnel extraction at the same time someone else did. There hadn't been a single gunshot fired the entire match that I could hear.

People are:
>avoiding scavs
>getting REALLY good at executing scavs with suppressed weapons
>there are no people
>some combination of the above

What the fug. Good to know, I was going to use my new found "knowledge" to jump willy nilly.

Are you american?
I heard you guys only play consoles so this might be the reason why there's nobody on eft.

I am but the issue is with all the container-glitchers a lot of people have quit until the next wipe or major patch, and everybody else has joined in on the shitshow that is Woods and Factory atm. Right now Woods has like 100 people in the lobby, Shoreline has 8.

Pic is the Shoreline lobby right now.

And pic related is the Woods lobby right now.

>Deleting name
I know its you Kestrel.
We are the only 2 people that actually play this game.
Also what glitch.

Not Kestrel, sorry.

Container-glitching weapons so that they're unlootable. Thanks to a couple fuckhead YTers that put out tutorials on how to do it, it feels like 80% of the player base is doing it now. The only people I kill that aren't glitching their weapons so they're unlootable are hatchlings because they don't have to, and lowbies running pistols because they're too new to know you can.

>lowbies running pistols because they're too new to know you can.
Well that's new to me tho.

>39% survival rate
Jelly, but getting there. I'm only lvl 29, and I've had the game about 2 weeks longer than you. Think I'm 30 or 31% survival rate.
>17 run throughs
Quests I'm assuming? I have two, both from trying to do quests in Factory.

>Quests I'm assuming? I have two, both from trying to do quests in Factory.
Mostly helping someone else or just bodyguarding trades and all that shit.
>and I've had the game about 2 weeks longer than you.
whot, where does it say when I bought it?
I've no job as of now because I've quit military and signed up for welders courses but they're still 2 weeks away. Spent every single day on eft.

totally intentional

Once some boy was chasing me on that side stairs so I threw a nade down and jumped where you did and got the boy in the back.

>where does it say when I bought it?
The "registration date" block. which is the first line in the common stats field. December 26th 2017 for you.

oh.

>gun glitching has made a big resurgence in the two weeks I've been taking a break from EFT despite the fact that we're so far into this game version that most people should be absolutely drowning in gear by now, even if they're not good
How are people actually this bad? Why the fuck are we still able to put guns in containers in the first place? This is stupid.

i killed a lvl 54 faggot doing that
at that point you should have at least 50k dollars
baffles me

That's pathetic.

Anyone notice that all the high level hatchling loot rushers have been replaced by high level gun glitchers? Shows the mentality of those people; no risk for only reward.
They're the same type of people here complaining about fort armor and drumming up the VEPR as some sort of god gun when it's way better to just spend the extra 10k for an AK if you have prapor lvl 2.

Yup. I bet when the game actually gets difficult, they'll quit for good and leave us the fuck alone.

I'm noticing that almost everybody in the lobbies for Woods are over level 25, and as posted earlier that map is absolutely plagued with gun glitchers.

I mean c'mon I'm lvl 29 and have the cash to run a fully modded RSASS, fort, and decked out FAST every single run and I don't have a particularly great survival rate. One sneaky breeki run on shoreline is enough to fuel 10 full-decked complete losses.

That being said, where the fuck have all the ES lamps gone? When I was a lowbie I'd get 1-2 from every single filing cabinet, now that I actually want them because I can trade them and graphics cards for a trizip I never see any.

>I can trade them and graphics cards for a trizip I never see any.
Why would you do that?

Because I can't buy a trizip but want to use a trizip?

Unless you're EOD that's a waste of space and time.

y'know you're not really wrong on the space. Don't see it being an issue on time, I'm already playing inventory tetris more than I am actually playing.

I don't even use backpacks anymore, always find a scav BP or trizip in the raid anyway.

I have noticed that the incidence of good backpacks on scavs has gone up a lot.

When I first started playing in early December, 70% of scavs had nothing, 25% of scavs had a duffel, and 5% of scavs had an MBSS. I didn't see my first scav bp until halfway through January then all of a sudden every 5th scav has one, half the scavs have MBSS, and almost no scavs have nothing.

>tfw totally forgot about the T-bag
70% of scavs had nothing, 10% of scavs had a T-bag, 15% had a duffel, and 5% had an MBSS. Yes I know that doesn't seem right but the duffels were legit more common than the T-bags.

And I've not seen a T-bag since the start of February at all, all the scavs have duffels or bigger if they have anything.

You can't insure bullets. So yes, Prapor takes your bullets.

No night vision bypassing :^)

Cant wait to play this game when there are no more wipes, its netcode gets fixed and fully released.

It WILL get fixed and fully released, r-right? Surely they wouldn't take the money and run, right?

Go to the health resort in the middle-south of the map.
That is where everyone else is going, and why you’re missing them.

>it’s way better to just spend the extra 10k for an ak
Why would I spend 30k roubles on a 74n when I could spend 22k on a 74u which is basically the same gun besides a minor difference in bullet velocity

Not me, I'm 32 now and too lazy to censor names on Micronesian malaise forum. Plus I just got home from work. But I think hes talking about secure container glitch where you do something with your container and moving it around and smashing tab or something I can't remember. They are even worse than the hatchling plague since they are hatchlings that can punch way above their weight(risk) class.

Should clarify I mean level 32.

Have you really not noticed the difference in controllability between the two?

You can also spend 22k for a 72n when you get 2x toolkits from rapist or prapor and trade for it.

Since you couldn't seem to read my post the first time, I'll repeat myself. I said VEPR and AK, both 7.62 weapons, not AKS 74u or AK74N, both 5.45 weapons.

There are a lot of shitters on here who care way too much about spending an extra 10k rubles for a full auto AKM. They instead propagate this meme that the single fire VEPR is the better choice because it's cheaper and then bitch and moan about a fort who lights them up with full auto because the 5 shots they got off with a VEPR didn't kill the fort. If they spent the extra 10k for an AKM, they would have been way more likely to defeat the fort.

Instead, they go back to gun glitching when they have over 50k dollars.

Ok fine faggot, but my point still stands about the 74u. It costs even LESS than a Vepr and still has full auto fire capable of shredding fort users.
While I will obviously use any full-size AKs I take off of guys I kill, I don’t really see any reason to buy them when the AKS-74U clearly offers the most bang for your buck... er, rouble.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you, a properly modded AKS with the right ammo can be just as good as a bare bones AKM if you're good at recoil control and use it on the right map. I love running a modded AKS on factory.

>amErIcANs oNly pLaY cONsoLEs
Brainlet.png

Consoles can't play this game.

Kek

You 100% outplayed him.

Guy who taught me gun glitching says he basically only did hatchling runs before he started glitching.

I said come on man, if you're this good at hatchling runs (he was, we did a few to get quests done), why don't you just stop glitching and use a cheap rifle like a Vepr or AK-74u? He said I only have 120k roubles, I lose my gear whenever I take it out.

He's level 32.

I wasn't sure what to say so I just left. My point is, some people really are that bad.

He probably only has that much because he only does hatchet runs. Even though I lose a lot by risking gear, I gain much more by risking gear than I would by hatchet running and only getting enough to fill my container 20 percent of the time.

Nobody wants to play on a map that has constant stutters and on anything that isnt high-end pc you will have below 30 fps
Imagine my shock