/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/dedgen
isthereanydeal.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love Alisa!

after they do a single jab a lot of people will go for a df1. an 11f CH4 will launch anyone who does this.

What is the main use of magic 4? Fishing for CH at close quarters after jabs?

Updated

You're not JDCR so you can't talk about the game.
Bryan vs Asuka is 10:0 matchup, 100% impossible because he lowcrushes her highs.
Paul is holding me back. By the way I can't do quarter circle motions.
The game is very poorly balanced at low levels.
Steve is shit.
Steve is top tier.
Raven can't open up turtles and can't do anything about pressure.
Kazuya's hellsweep tracks both sides.
Jin's RA is the worst in the game because it's high so it's a free launch.
df1,1 extensions are gimmicks because the second hit is high.
It's easy to RA through Claudio's hopkick: just look for when he jumps.
I'm Speedkicks.
Snake Edge doesn't launch, it knocks down and then you pick them up.
Qudans is dumb.
/tgg/ - teggen
Asuka is a defensive character, Kuma has the best hopkick in the game, and Feng has low damage output.
King's chaingrabs are option selectable, just mash the break for a single path.
EWGF is better than DJ's u4 as a panic move.
Out of the 2D characters, Eliza is the least 2D

what said but also you can try dashing up and waiting for a split second then throwing it out.

I see. Thanks tekbros.

this is dumb

>/tgg/ - teggen
thank you

typically anyone doing multiple fast pokes in a row is susceptible to magic 4s. Heihachi or Feng mashing 0 on block df1s? CH4 that ass.

If I play Jack who should I play as a secondary to improve my feel for movement and poking? Please no Shaheen or Law, I don't like those characters.

I know I keep asking for help about this but I'm really torn and bad at making decisions like this

Steve IS shit and top tier at the same time tho

whoever you like the look of. generic easy characters are kazumi, paul, devil jin.

>Kazuya's hellsweep tracks both sides.

Can confirm, the way he pivots always find a way to my legs.

why is this even an issue? the game isn't gonna lock you out of all the other characters once you make a choice

>improve my feel for movement and poking?
and you're not doing that with jack?

>devil jin
Kek well memed

debate him

D E B A T E M Y P O I N T S

t. only played online

t. '18er

if you do combos youre not getting a rematch it's as simple as that

Kazumi and Paul I've tried and I just don't like how they play. I like Devil Jin, first character I tried in T7, because I'm a sucker for Devilman but the idea of being a tier whore and having to enter the vortex eventually to get down my electrics is very unappealing because I didn't like it with Kazuya's baby easy electrics.

Because I'm at a loss for finding a not big body that I like. Feng and Kazuya were two who I attempted but I just can't grasp their gameplans with Feng having so many moves with specific applications and Kazuya being all 50/50s/I don't like doing his combos.

I am but I feel I need to learn 3D movement and keep practicing poking. I figure getting an outside perspective by using a character with an actual sidestep would help.

pick bryan or claudio if you're looking for someone with a straightforward game plan

>Out of the 2D characters, Eliza is the least 2D
are you saying this because she is thicc?

This is now the new tekgen meme. Debate me.

and now it's dead, thanks

but claudio has no lows

Real talk though DJ is bullshit

Saint got eliminated from Strongstyle by some random American Claudio player

ss4, db3, and d3 are all good when used at the right time

Ain't touching Bryan because I hate everything about him except his design. I was thinking Claudio though my biggest problem with him is I just don't like the character himself, but I'll consider him.

Thanks for your input, friend.

That Blasted Salami recently released a Claudio guide. Any Claudio players know whether it's any good, thinking of picking him up.

It's a ONE HOUR LONG guide for the simplest character in the game. I haven't watched it yet but unless it's 100% jokes or it uses up half of that time for combos, it has to be good.

Even if it isn't, Claudio has the shortest movelist in the game. There isn't that much to figure out.

Lucky Chloe. All her gimmicks are massively unsafe so you can't exploit them earlier than most and she's nothing but fundamentals.

TBS' guide videos are just really freaking long in general. He has a Jin video that's just under 1 hour 20 minutes long.

Don't worry, no one will call you a fag or anything.

DC you have the worst fucking characters

>no announcement for their next character at the end
I mean, their guides weren't extremely helpful but it kinda sucks if they're done.

I don't care about that, I just have no interest at all in playing her.

Hey Swamp Thing is cool.

I have to agree with that guy. Once you get past the level where her dumb gimmicks work, she's basically all poking and nothing else.

>Asuka is top tier
>2D characters don't break the rules of Tekken

where can I read these rules

It was fun to learn that almost all of LC stuff that leaves her backturned can be punished or interrupted in 14f. She is horrendously unsafe and must have the worst framedata in the game.

Play the game

If I wanted to play a character where if I ignore their gimmicks I would be playing pure fundamentals then I would play Paul because at least his frame data is actually good.

never

I did and there are Tekken characters that pull worse bullshit than the 2D ones

adding new rules =/= going against the pre-existing rules

New rules that only apply to 3 characters.

Yes just like Eddy, Ling, Hwoarang, Steve, King who also have unique rules that nobody else has.

Akuma does too much damage.

why isnt he even in top 15 characters then?

No one's been able to show us his true potential until rickstah

lol

Why does Miguel have an unseeable knockdown sweep thats like 5 frames

Harada wants a gruff muscular spaniard to sweep his legs out from under him and ravish him irl.

we got a new one

because it's a seeable knockdown sweep that's like 25 frames

I think he is but nobody listens to me

I can easily name 15 characters better than Akuma.
Actually I think everyone here can do that.

Please do. I am interested to hear what 15 characters are better because I genuinely think he contends for the 10th spot more or less. Alternatively I would be interested in what you perceive as his weaknesses that stop him from being in the top 15.

>Pulling the plug in player matches
Come on I came here to avoid precisely this shit

Player matches are the home of people who are the most upset from losing. In my experience people in player matches are more likely to rage quit or lose quit.

>25-32 frames
>unseeable
idiot

Devil Jin, Jin, Paul, Dragunov, Kazumi, Leo, Shaheen, Jack, Bryan, Kazuya, King, Raven, Law, Feng, and Ling are all stronger characters than Akuma.

As for his weaknesses I'd say he's very linear, he has an awful sidestep and backdash, his execution barrier is pretty big, top players have figured him out already, and he's very risky.

TEKGEN WEEKLY

THIS SUNDAYS TOURNEY

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

Don't dodge ok

>tfw it used to be 20 frames
miguel_wolverine.jpg

I do not agree with King, Kazuya, Jack, or Raven and I think it's a close call with Jin and Bryan who I consider similar level of strength. Could you explain what it is that makes you think Akuma isn't that strong?

As a former Feng player I am certified to say all Feng players are trash and prime gorillas

>Miguel will never be good

He is good but not great.

Dragunov is my favourite character as he‘s very fun to play

Taisei puts him below bears

>I'd say he's very linear
I can agree that's a weakness although moves like tatsu can catch sidestep, I believe delaying the demon flip options will adjust, and unlike say Eliza his tracking isn't that terrible.
>he has an awful sidestep and backdash
Bad sidestep but doesn't he have an average back dash?
>his execution barrier is pretty big
That's greatly over exaggerated stemming from when input lag was higher. He definitely has high execution demands for some things but they aren't that bad.
>top players have figured him out already
Hardly anyone plays him and often Akuma players go pretty deep in tournaments.
>and he's very risky.
His reward is bonkers though. Also a lot of his options are safe just many take risks because of the stupid good reward you get from it.

>Dragunov is my favorite character because he lets me follow my fun flowchart without having to think
we know, user, we know

To be honest I've been looking at him for a while. He's unique, interesting, and cool imo.
He certainly has a lot of comeback potential, but I'm still unsure about him.

Am I supposed to feel something besides anger playing this game

I feel nothing when I win

he's a bit too "all or nothing" with how risky he is.

He definitely has risk attached to him but there fact he can easily confirm an i10 poke or an i11 punish into 50-80% or under optimal conditions a full life combo is absolutely absurd and I don't think it would be overlooked.

Play to learn, not to win.
Right now you're not playing Tekken, you're playing Low rank Tekken which is a completely different game. Focus on learning the fundamentals so you can move on to the real thing

Ive been doing that since release and im not getting further than Fighter

I don't know about "easily" confirming. Try to do 1,fddf1 against a bot with Guard All as second action and see how many times it can be fucked up.
That uppercut is launch-punishable on block if you mess up.

Post a video of yourself playing.

The i10 hit confirm is very tight I can agree to that but the fact you can do it off an i10-11 punish is what's really stupid. Kazuya is considered strong due to his ability to punish at such low frames but Akuma blows that the fuck out of the water.

I wonder if we will ever see a calm player pick Akuma up because I think a truly patient player would be about to achieve some disgusting shit with the character.

Okay give me a moment im blurring out the names though

Alright. After you post I might need some time to go through it so don't worry if I don't reply right away

But I don't have all night. If it takes you 5 hours to blur the names then I'm out of here

My internet is trash with uploading sorry

Ill post it when its done, this thread will be up tommorow anyway you can look at it when you want

My internet really is trash

It's fine my dude, just be sure to quote this post of mine right here when it's up. Good night

What unique rules does King have that apply to no one but him?

post gorillas!

I am surprised that the idiot who said that you dont need to do a crouch cancel electric with DJ because he has twin pistol when they dont even launch as a punish didnt make it to this. Are you one of those waifufags who play on cheapbox?

>22.59 €
I'm tempted.

>be qudans
>win twt
>disappear into the shadows of irrevelancy

wew

Well go on lad what are we talking about here? Is this Steam? I want to get me m8s into it

isthereanydeal.com
/search/?q=tekken+7#/
Looking at the basic version. You might find it even cheaper somewhere else.