/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hXBrmlcADJA?t=88
twitter.com/DizzyKnee/status/958268667803914240?s=09
youtu.be/lo44wMkiZHM?t=62
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just bought the game

what am i in for

a bunch of disconects

Who here /greenpilled/?

Bad servers. Gorrila 16. Being a month late to a party. Everyone shitting on you since they've perfected their combos and you got nothing.

A great game that suffers in functionality. Can be patched to become phenomenal one day.

Sounds great!

I just want a dramatic introduction with this scene.
youtu.be/hXBrmlcADJA?t=88

fuck that's kino everytime i watch it
Do you think they'll give it some rock OST

>16 already covers up some the 3rd character's health bar
>Broly's literally going to cover 2/3 of the health bar for all 3 characters for whichever side he is on
>a literal monster that beats the shit out of you all the while you have no clue how many more hits he can take
>sparking

oh fuck I didn't think of the sparking animation
jesus christ

God I really hoped this game would keep xenofags for at least a month but it's no longer playable at casual level. Everyone is fucking autistic.

They'll come back to a degree when characters release, some new edition comes around or when a sale drops. Other than that though you gotta get better user. Try not to get left behind.

a jolly good time. it's seriously a very fun game with some seriously potential. easy to get into but hard to master. just be prepared to get shit on by really scrubby stuff for the first few days while you figure out how to play.

>finally got the one character color I wanted off a Hail Mary premium capsule

Thank fuck

Just put in some effort. Everyone in casual is trash dude. Just block low and use assists. You just won 90%of your games

Who else team /garbageassists/ here?

lmao yeah I wish I would've played more ranked matches earlier on in the games life. oh well.

>mfw bardock will probably have costumes that change the color of his headband

>tfw you get in a party ring match and the first guy on the other team is a Cell that kills one of your allies without taking a hit

yea... i cant believe this isnt his intro. it might be one of the dramatic intros though, he has a dramatic intro with all the saiyans and so does bardock

>tfw have an autistic relative who acts just like broly
so broly had autism all along?

It's pretty easy to see why they didn't go with it. They'd have no make a brand new model for a non SS broly and it's a genuine waste of time since it won't be used outside of intro.
It also doesn't make too much sense when you aren't fighting kakarot.

Fucking hell, I just want all the pink costumes for all the characters, but I can't pull them. Why couldn't we just unlock the costumes instead of just locking it behind a gacha?

It's really a wasted opportunity. Broly was more than just big angry super sand turd, but they totally leave out his base form looking all mystified and then him sudenly going berserk. They could've easily made it something like Goku Blue's intro, but much more dramatic.

All the best dragon ball games have a gacha.

>and it's a genuine waste of time since it won't be used outside of intro
And? They did it for SS Gohan and SS Goten with level 3. They did it for Teen Gohan and Future Trunks' intros.

Dokkan sucks though

its not really that much work to do a model used in a 2 second piece of intro. the difficulty of characters in this game comes from animating and modeling each frame by hand, programming everything, etc. making a model isnt that big a deal. the models are quite simple.

He's pretty handsome in his base form, no homo.

THIS

Piss off waifufag

Please refrain from posting about my wife

>over 10 people in the arena
>no one is fighting
how does this arena work? there's 10 other people waitting but it isn't pairing anyone

>how does this arena work
It doesn't.

Please refrain from being a faggot

Guys i literally just realized that Trunks 214S is Ki blast invulnerable on startup because he swats #18's pissant skittle away right before he blows her to scrap.
I fucking love this game lads.

on ps4 or pc? arena works fine on pc for me. 10 is very few people though.

Trunks going back to the future to curb stomp the androids is still one of my favorite DBZ scenes

ded

So I'm trying to learn really basic shit with Yamcha and I can't even seem to go basic combo into 214M knockdown into Level 3, it always whiffs due to short range (unless in the corner) any tips? I want to AWOO people.

I don't play Yamcha, but I think you need to use Spirit Ball first and delay the hits so it drags them closer

I appreciate the response but I think linking Level 1 into Level 3 with any single character is impossible.

It's not. Yamcha can do it solo, gotta use the correct buttons for his lvl1 iirc

twitter.com/DizzyKnee/status/958268667803914240?s=09

It's very possible

youtu.be/lo44wMkiZHM?t=62

Well never mind then.

Still, I'd like to be able to do Level 3 off of a regular combo.

I don't play Yamcha but he gets his knockdowns pretty low to the ground. Can't you do a small dashup and get lvl3?

Yeah it can be done, my problem is I'm still at the stage where I do the basic ground shit > 2H > air stuff > knockdown with my characters, with Yamcha that doesn't fly if I want my Lvl 3 to hit, I have to do less hits in midair which makes it do less damage.

whos tryna play

pc na west

Somebody fite me. I suck and I'm on US East on PC.

Now kiss~

The lag might be too much

Its the year 2018 and you should be fine playing against someone on the same continent as you unless you have nigger internet

>t. never played a fighting game

Spotted the poor boy with poor boy internet.

stop playing 18 on point

east coast to west coast is a huge distance
i haven't personally tried it because i'm eu but i'm assuming it's going to be 5f+ of input lag regardless of your connection
and the only way to be ok with 5f+ input lag is to be mentally retarded

>knows things about gaming distance in america
>but is a europoor
Wat

yeah because you can't play people who live far away from you in EU and it's illegal to talk to americans

anyone else gets like soft lag in the lobbies when it searches for ranked or casual matches. it's annoying me.

No. That is her best position. She doesn't need meter.
She needs assists.
Stop being a retard.

>4 bars for 3k
What is the purpose?

it's obviously just a proof of concept
who the fuck hits random lvl 1 super in neutral

Chris G has already talked about this
18 is a pure battery you don't want her in neutral you want to tag her in early once you win neutral then just build meter
Her best and basically only position is secondary

Well duh. It's not going to be any better if you combo into it

the purpose is dumping meter obviously...
if yamcha is your last character and you have 4 bars you can do that

Chris G doesn't play my team, parrot.

>On a scale of 1 to 10-
>HIIIYAH

What does Vegeta mean by this?

Or just use a lvl 3 so you don't waste more meter for insane scaling. It's not a good concept

you know that minimum scaling exists right?
and that most long combos reach it?

>opponent locks me down with assists then spams 18 destructo disk
The chip damage on this thing is retarded

I'm starting to like Goku Blue. SS Goku is still my favorite character, but Blueku an interesting variation. His autocombo is quite good and I'm not ashamed to abuse it.

Testing out some combos with my mock-up team. Does 6.5k using 4 bars between Goku Black and Freezer sound good? It's about the best I can do atm

Doesn't really matter what team you play 18 is just bad in neutral and is definitely never the character you want in anchor
She's a low tier character at the end of the day and the reason for that is she has a narrow range of usefulness although the one thing she does she does well which is be a battery

Yes. Yes I do. What's your point?

>Or just use a lvl 3
And then it wiffs.

uh i don't know any other way to put this
once you reach minimum scaling it doesn't matter what you do, any extra damage is going to be extra
so if you want to kill and you only have yamcha and you have 4 bars
that combo is a good option

Do you ever form your own opinion?

>not hit-confirming into your lvl3s

>not hit confirming with level 1 super from outside of your usual range

18's problems are obvious to everyone who is at least decent at the game
At this point it's hardly just an opinion that 18 is not a very good point or anchor

How the fuck do I get in with Nappa? I don't even know how to start with him in neutral, outside of throwing out Too Bad and hoping the enemy doesn't use a special. I used to throw out 5H, but that gets beat by pretty much everything unless I throw out an assist at the same time (and jumps/superdash still beat it). Blazing Storm is way too slow to start with too.

Beerus level 3 definitely isn't worth comboing into unless he's the only character you have left. The move is best used as a "fuck you" to anyone pressuring too hard.

However, I have no clue how to use his 214S. If the invulnerability frames lasted until he stopped shooting ki blasts I think it would be a much better move.

You're supposed to use it after 236S, I'd guess.

Having good assists helps his advance

Shitter here, how do I play around opponents who know both how to super dash -and- dragon rush? If I turtle up to punish SD spam with a 2H, they just DR me.

What are good point characters? I want Bardock as my point character but that's gonna take a while. My current team is Gotenks, 21 and Niggoku. I kinda wanna replace Gotenks but no idea with who, been thinking of adding Vegs too.

arcade mode in this game is an absolute crock of shit

Vegeta can be a fine enough point

Have you never played a fighting game before?

The win counted, right?

What's the consensus on Piccolo? I hardly ever see him online but when I do it seems like the person playing him put a lot of time into learning him to maximize his high-low front-behind mix ups, but I feel like his mix up game is honestly kinda weak once you know what he can do

It is weak whem you figure it out. Hellzone is cool and all, but other charcters can do corner pressure too and they don't need a bar to do it. His neutral is shit

Yup

Too many weak/lacking tools and too much of a resource hog. Piccolo feels like the most flawed character in the game.

His crossups and overhead are slow, his armgrab isn't great and neither is his assist.