/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1366

Last thread Punk Linda edition

>Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/yYPgqHqD

VIIR Amazon Preorder: amazon.com/gp/product/B077RC1F2T/

Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus (PS4 port of RB1, most likely) announced: dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/674/1674299/#eid1674295

New Neptunia title in the works. Promises to 'surpass expectations': siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/

>Miscellaneous News:
Beru has been in the Japanese Compile Heart app for weeks now: twitter.com/CompileHeartApp/status/932809155357786112

New Years Purple Heart in Nep-Nep Connect: compileheart.com/nepnep_connect/news/article/20180110_1.php

4GO art contest results: ideafintl.com/cyberdimension/4go/community/?page=15

>Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality News:
VIIR localization coming Spring 2018: gematsu.com/2017/10/megadimension-neptunia-viir-coming-west-spring-2018
Patch 1.07 has been released for VIIR a month ago: compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/info/update.php
VIIR English website: ideafintl.com/nep-v2r/
Translated Drama CDs and VR scenes for VIIR can be found here: youtube.com/user/AliasV3/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

compileheart.com/countdown/20180219/
ebten.jp/p/7015018023001/
youtu.be/KxDOqNigv-s?t=1h1m40s
compileheart.com/neptune/re-birth1/plus/
compileheart.com/neptune/re-birth1/plus/info/?page=shop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gay

Delete yourself

superior gays coming through

homosexual

I love my wife Vert!

I want prince dyke Noire to be my boyfriend (female)

fags

Vert is best goddess.

queers

focusing effects are so nice

Homoooooo...

Is Blanc really taller than Pururut?

Vert and Blanc combining their nations and becoming sister-wives!

Sounds like a good idea, I don't mind marrying Blanc too
I don't think my wife Vert would get jealous

probably same height, or maybe Blanc is smaller since she wear a STUPID HAT, wears heels, while Plutie wears slippers

The fuck is this Noire design?

compileheart.com/countdown/20180219/

Neptunia countdown. Something will happen in Akihabara at 17:00 JST (Late night US, morning Europe) but the date will be revealed in a couple hours when it updates.

Reminder that Nick Doerr posts on /nepgen/
Don't reply to his posts

It's Noire (male)

Very rude.

I didn't play that shitty game so I didn't saw that design.

I'm starting to think that all official art is made first and then a story is made from it for the game.

Some girl from NISA took over Neptunia with VII and Zombies. Rebirth 1 was also not handled by him. But go ahead and hold on to that rage.

Male Noire (female) is very handsome.

This Green/White sister looks adorable and smug.

Nowa is not Astolfo. (Spoiler unrelated)

>sample

>Astolfo

and to think people are going to roll for him tomorrow.

I'm saving my shit for JAlter

Le Bizzarre Avventure di NepNep.

Where is that from?

>ebten.jp/p/7015018023001/

While I also cringed at that line, and while picking that specific line is extreme cherry picking (most lines were fine), even for that line I still prefer the official translation over the retranslation for two reasons:

1. The retranslated line is an extremely literal translation that does not flow well in English, particularly in that context. "Are you still feeling that way" is an awkward way to phrase that question, especially if the subject of her feelings wasn't already being discussed at that moment. In Japanese the phrasing would make sense (as that language relies on implied context a lot) but for a proper English translation you need to ditch the literal word-for-word meaning of the original sentence and rewrite at least part of it to get Neptune's point across in a way that makes sense.

2. As others have stated, it completely lacks character. The "C'mon, Nepgear" at least implies some closeness but that's all that can be derived from that sentence. In Japanese there's tons of very slightly different ways to phrase the same thing and those details will inevitably get lost in translation. Neptune always talks in an overly familiar and casual way that only feels half-serious. As this cannot be conveyed through direct translation, the official translation amps up the joke-cracking and trollish parts of her dialogue, but the retranslation just loses it without making up for the lost information.

In the end, you do indeed get a technically more accurate translation, but while you get better literal accuracy, you lose character identity and various other subtle connotations. If Neptunia were about the plot, something could be said for preferring accuracy, but Neptunia is about the characters, and the loss of information makes the retranslation fail at representing the characters well.

>youtu.be/KxDOqNigv-s?t=1h1m40s
Wow. I'm used to dubs being horrible, but this is beyond horrible.

>Wow. I'm used to dubs being horrible, but this is beyond horrible.
The HDN1 dub is really fucking bad. Pretty much the entire game is the voice actors all reading monotonously from a script. And I say that as someone who generally uses the dubs in the later games.

Reminder that Rena will appear in Nep 8.

The R*** should be DELETED!

Nepping the ninja!
Every thread!

Imagine being a dubcuck.

>Nepmania 34
>Nick vs. Alex

>people have a cute discussion about Rena
>last thread went good and hit bump limit before image limit

Speaking of Nepumania, we gonna have a thread on Nepumania eve like we did last year?

The dub ain't even bad though, I've seen horrible english dubs, especially in older animes.

Look at that Gear.

Death End Request

Countdown failed.

Looks like bootleg Gear. That certainly was not drawn by Tsunako. If it was... then... shit...

Well, that was unexpected.

Hey.....

Where the fuck is the next mainline nep

I love Blanc!

We'll know after VIIR comes to the west or RB1+ drops in Japan.

That or we'll have to wait until RB1+ gets localized before they tell us anything.

What exactly is CyberConnect2? Is she a dog, a wolf, or a fox?

She could be a dog because it represents Solatorobo.
She could be a wolf because it represents Ouka from .hack//.
And the Neptunia wikia claims she's a fox because it represents Naruto.

Can we just agree she's a cat and call it a day?

NepuBuran

She's basically Naruto, so a fox

I want to put my cock inside CC2!

I want to cum inside a cup and store it on the fridge, then give it to Peashy and tell her it's cheese flavored yogurt

Cute ConquestGear

every gear is a cute gear

>compileheart.com/neptune/re-birth1/plus/

>the game comes out in a matter of months
>no screenshots or news at all, just shop bonus sketches
>can't even figure out how different the game is from the existing r;b1
>this is probably intentional as it will be the same as the pc port but on ps4
fuck off ch

Considering removing the /plus/ goes to the Vita version, they aren't putting extra effort into the game. Probably a character swap for Uzume

>let's make a remaster of a remake
Who thought this was a good idea? Fucks sake.

Least it's not a remake of a game that's on the same console as the original.

>compileheart.com/neptune/re-birth1/plus/info/?page=shop

That was more like a remaster desu. Compa is the japanese Activision confirmed.

Between VIIR and RB1+, CH had better blow us away with this mystery Neptunia game they have planned.

More threesome art

So the countdown was nothing?

Nothing Neptunia related.

It was an event (I assume) for Death End Re;Quest.

Nowa and Vert.

And that's it.

I like nep.

Post slutty Nowaru

ready for a spanking

Blanc is so cute!

DERQ delay

Hotglue video when?

UNF

upclose and personal

Stand back...

I love big boobs

I know what they're gonna say next.

I want Big Nep to headpat me!

Broly is best girl?

Big nep must be ______

headpatted.

Loved

Depends on which game you are talking about.

Even then, every single game has at least one or two characters who completely flub their lines.

Have you worshiped One True Goddess today?

I want a ConquestGear spin-off