/gsg/ Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/? Campaign posting welcome edition!

This day in history, 22ndt of February:
1316 – The forces of the infante Ferdinand of Majorca fought against those loyal to Princess Matilda of Hainaut in the Battle of Picotin on the Peloponnese peninsula in Greece.
1876 – The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, named after philanthropist Johns Hopkins, opened.
1921 – After White Russian forces under Baron Roman von Ungern-Sternberg drove the Chinese out of Mongolia, the Bogd Khan was reinstalled as emperor.
1957 – The President of South Vietnam Ngo Dinh Diem survived a Viet Cong assassination attempt by a gunman in Buôn Ma Thuột.
2002 – Jonas Savimbi, leader of the Angolan anti-Communist rebel and political party UNITA, was killed in a battle with Angolan government troops.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

based

Hi

>less shitposty
'sup reddit

H

oops. Forgot to write the rest of my post.
eil Hitler

Reminder that eu4 is actually the best game Paradox has produced so far.

Kek
Before i had my stroke i was planning to say I hope my future scandi subjects don't deforest their provinces so I can maintain a large fleet to bully the rest of europe

>not HoI4

Arians

>nazis in 1400
>"H"IP

>retards in 2018
>g"s"g

based men

s stands for shitposting

I found the only descendent of the original norse invasion

reposting from last thread. How the fuck am I supposed to kill Poland? It's fucking impossible this war started in July and I'm here now at the furthest I've gotten. I need advice.

lmao

Greatest post on /gsg/ in years.

include me in the screencap

unironically best post on Veeky Forums right now

lad.........

This might be the pinnacle of human achievement

ok that was epic

bump since I got no real answer

you can't bump a post newfag redditor...

omg hahahaHAHAHAHAHSAHSHAHAGSAHSAHAHAHhahahahahaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAaAaAaAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa a a aaaa

Fucking how?

yeah I can I just did it

Implying we don't know that

wtf

saved

all me

KEK

Can you please stop raiding my post?
bump

How did you even do this though? Disband all your starting brigades and build nothing but militia? Not research tech at all?

What's with all the autistic memes in this place? I posted a game with Germany yesterday and I got swarmed by "HAHAHA GROßGERMANIUM XDDD" posts. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT A NEW PLAYER TO POST YOU FUCKING AUTISTS??

And before that I asked a simple question on how I crack the game and I again got swarmed by fucking autists with all their unfunny inside jokes. Fuck you and fuck those games, they are literally one of the most boring shit I've ever touched. Also fuck the guy in /twg/ who suggested I try out those autistic map painting simulators and "ask for guidance on the /gsg/ general and they will help you". Bunch of manchildren.

>the single lime to warsaw
this is the funniest shit ive ever seen here whether intentional or not

uh g&Tlad the ottomans have a mission to "remove ottomans from the map" for a century already me thinks its a bug

Why the fuck do you not have all the DLC you cunt?

holy fuck

Can I just get some help guys please?

xd

draw a line then draw an arrow ITS NOT COMPLICATED

Fuck this, i'm going to rush their capital feel free to chirp in with your sage wisdom guys because this is pretty fucking hairy

Also the last landed Karling

Don't attack when low on org. Never continue an attack that's red.

What the fuck, I took fucking warsaw and they keep going fuck me

Fitting

Draw more arrows.

Fuck this stupid shitty fucking game they just ran around and fucked my arse. How the fuck do I stop this happening? Is there just something I'm not getting about this game please tell me.

you didn't draw enough arrows

that's from M&T

You aren't white enough to play nazi Germany

This war has been going on for over a fucking year and the Poles are knocking on Berlins door. I set this fucking game on recruit difficulty to GET AWAY from the AI cheats but the still fucking are because somehow their invincible supermen are fucking me GERMANY raw. I have drawn arrows and tried to play the game but nothing works, how the hell do I beat Poland? they are op as fuck.

give them back all rightful Slavic lands and it should be fine

Your front is too long. Make a fallback line, preferably behind a river or in the mountains

Doesn't matter now, it won't even let me deploy troops.

unironically is doing this fun? Im tired of playing as italy and trying to rebuild rome.
Ive never done an Africa run because i've always put my priorty in exploring and colonizing the new world first.

>Im tired of playing as italy and trying to rebuild rome.
How do you rebuild Rome in Vicky?

What the fuck did I do so wrong to deserve this arse whoop?

Do I need to make smaller fronts? Bigger divisions? Focus on tanks?

>vicky
Eu4 and ck2

Did you do your push-ups

Are there online tutorials on how to beat Poland as Germany? Would Arumba/Shennyr do one?

Is user genuinely retarded or merely pretending?

This Poland is cute.
Beautiful.

What an amazing fucking journey. It's as if Hitler himself played the game.

Without a hint of irony, I think this game may be too advanced for you.

Soon.

Alright faggolas
MEIOU EU3
>Holland to Lotharingia?
or
>Holland to United Provinces?
Or is there a better meme I'm missing out on

>EU3

I'm waiting on desktop parts to arrive so I'm stuck with a shitty laptop

Play Knights of the Caribbean

How do I into EUIV?

May as well, alright

u gotta draw ur arrows better my dude

Is there anyway to force institutions to spawn, I don't feel this is going to happen naturally.

Florence 100% mets the requirements as does Genoa

It's gonna spawn in one of the italian city state capitals soon, you can force spawn it by writing "embrace "provid" renaissance"

ty lad, ill wait till 1460 and then try that

Does this mod actually work or does it just pretend to work?

which one, meiou or the gsg&taxes addon?

also AI FUCKING SHITS are deforesting my future provinces, legitimately considering just loading a older save and force integrating them to prevent shit like that

It will, there are at least 5-6 countries who meet the requirements but just got bad luck with the 33% RNG. Sometimes it spawns in the first year, sometimes 10 years later

I don't know, m&t has some like major issues involving tech and the fact that the ai is fucking retarded.
For g&t I really have no clue how the regional capital shit works. so i'm not going to comment, I do like the idea groups rebalance though
It spawned in 1460 just got unlucky i guess.

did rezmar forget to put jade dragon in with the other dlcs?

>For g&t I really have no clue how the regional capital shit works
The thing you're mousing over is the sum of the state capital efficiency for the nation and the relay stuff below is currently WIP

For info on the state capitals you can mouseover the star in one of your provinces that has a SC modifier. Low AE reduces the state's income, high AE increases it. Quite simple

g&t user how do i remove the deforest option without fucking the dev button menu?

What should I focus if I want to play tall?
Also, I am playing as Mazandaran and want to colonize those central asian provinces, what's the best way to get a colonist without losing points with things I don't need (overseas focused ideas and things like that)

okay, so im assuming the best way to increase it is to have high stability and a good admin skill monarch for like 10+ years?

Also the fuck do I do.

Those central asian provinces are p much worthless, in the future there will be decisions for larger powers in the region to get colonists/colonize them

to play tall you want to focus on urban development and trade usually, if you play with gsg&taxes addon having more vassals in your trade node will increase the value by a lot due to the new competition trade policy he added

Add me in the screencap

MEIOUandTaxes1\events\POP_dev_button_interactions.txt
ctrl+f "option = { ### Deforestation"
edit NOT = { local_autonomy = 50 } to "NOT = { local_autonomy = 0 }"

It should now be disabled but may cause an unbalanced income later in the game

>What should I focus if I want to play tall?
all money-related ideas, starting with Culture. Additionally don't blob but makes vassals instead

>what's the best way to get a colonist without losing points with things I don't need (overseas focused ideas and things like that)
Get Exploration idea, get the colonist, colonize and then cancel it

>okay, so im assuming the best way to increase it is to have high stability and a good admin skill monarch for like 10+ years?
Yes but playing tall and having a good income is more important. Your SCs should be getting overfunded like this, and if they're not then you shouldn't expand. Considering the overfunding in pic related, the Ottomans have a massive potential to expand and that's what the AE mechanic basically is - blobbing mana which increases if you're too tall enough

No.

Anyone? Only played ck2 and Vicky2. What do I build and what is the unit composition for wars?

play MEIOU