> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

weatherfactory.biz/cultist-simulator-pre-sales-why-what-and-how-much/
youtube.com/watch?v=r244RlV7Lk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Godot Video Game Engine!

Ok I lied a bit, Jon Blow said that if he ever made a Thief-like game he would consider ECS but probably not use it in the end, he thinks it's unnecessary complexity and keeping it simple is the best way.

ech

Are randomised inventories/loot chests liked by the public? Personally when playing games I fucking hate that shit, it seems like something for lazy level designers and makes it feel impersonal. I like games like Morrowind where loot is in the same place each time so you know where your favourite things are on repeat playthroughs. But more and more games keep releasing with randomised inventories/loot, so am I completely wrong and people actually enjoy it?

Please delet this. My godot isn't that ugly

nice memepoly

that is way too vague of a mechanic to have something like "always good" or "always bad". If your game benefits from having randomized loot, then use it, otherwise don't.

>fishing for pity compliments by degrading yourself
that's not how it works around here BOI

It's just a design decision which has advantages and disadvantages.

It can be lazy like all procedural generation but it makes sense for some games.

That would appear to be the case, yes.

Do the exact opposite of everything the mainstream does.

guess im just that stupid

what is the gameplay even

>tfw can program any kind of game but have no ideas
guess i should just find an idea guy

I like when a game has both. Hand placed items scattered around and randomized loot where it makes sense, such as loot from enemies, or the inventory of a traveling store.

>made an input system
it's really starting to come together now, lads

t-thanks, user
wheres the anime girls?
I liked it

Not sure what exactly this is, but it looks neat. Is the player the feather?

Where can I hire an ideas guy?

helo
we star tomorro

I'm available for $15 an hour.

Give me a fun multiplayer idea!

>try to make new battle map
>make empty front of the classroom simulator instead
what else goes in front of a class room?

i'll give you an idea for free:

a game that is basically just an endless series of turn-based battles, except every time you make a move or depend, you play a quick or limited tetris game, the more damage you take (or nullify) depends on how many rows you can clear before losing.

you're welcome

So basically its a shooter but the twist is you're in a lobby with about 100 people and then you get put on a plane that goes above this giant map on a straight line, and you can drop and land on the map, and you have to fight the people, but theres a circle you have to go to because outside of this circle on the map you take damage and the circle keeps closing

I've said it before, there is an extreme lack in variety sports games. Think Wii Sports and Olympic games. A game with a whole bunch of sports and events packed together.
A good variety sports game will be a top tier multiplayer game. Let the players choose any number of events/sports to play, then tally up the score at the end. Instant success for groups of friends that like being competitive. Instant success for streamers that play together.

Feels like this has been done.

WoW but quests are unique and can only be done once

Sounds dumb to be honest, no one would play that.

Sounds like a shitty version of DayZ with forced combat and without the simulation permanence elements that make it interesting.

Has anyone (indie or otherwise) done an Oni ripoff? That game had problems but the fighting was fun as shit.

weatherfactory.biz/cultist-simulator-pre-sales-why-what-and-how-much/
Why is your game not #4 on itch, user

PUBG but you can build your own structures.

Haven't posted in a while unfortunately. I have more exciting stuff in the pipeline but for now all I have to show is analog block switches. I also need to start redoing animations and tightening up movement soon. I know it still looks really stiff.

You guys are just jealous and mad... I'll prove you all wrong

Which is worse: memepoly or pixelshit?

That's an epic idea

As a pixel art enthusiast I have to say memepoly.

Realistic models in an escapist medium

>tfw you have multiple hundred million dollar ideas but not the capital to invest in the art teams

feels bad man

I love it, especially the subtle pop in effect that the blocks have

memepoly with pixelshit textures.

t.fortnite

pixelshit has lower lows but also higher highs
memepoly is very homogenous

being a salty nodev is worse

im about to give up fampais
i haven't made progress the past 2 days
im an unoriginal hack making a clone game
its getting harder and harder to continue
ama before i end it all

Is that bad?

I'm starting to learn programming and art but I don't want to start making a game and then get bullied

are you me
what game are you cloning?

>ama
you have to go back

memepoly, and that's coming from someone who is generally not a fan of most pixel art. Quality pixel art can be good, though, while most low poly shit just screams laziness. this basically.

do you live in a crawlspace too?

Make a Zelda MMO

youtube.com/watch?v=r244RlV7Lk8

I have high hopes for the future of my game

what game are you cloning

Thanks user. I got the idea from Wario Land 4 puzzle room blocks. Though there the ! on the blocks is what pops in, not the block itself. But the feeling is the same.

I like a combination. I dislike borderlands style randomized loot where a weapon or whatever is made of components and you end up having a +1 fire saber of vampiric moonlight with a green hilt. However I like when you get a bag of gold and it has between 10 - 32 gold pieces. Even morrowind has random loot. If you look at the boxes and barrels in Balmora or whatever they have randomized loot that can include exclusive rarity potions and basic magic items and shit.

Morrowind uses placed loot tables though so like in the construction set the mad designer will place a BarrelCommonAlchemyIngrediants and that will have its own loot table that's different than BoxBalmoraClutter01 for example. I agree that I like placed artifacts and uncommon/rare loot though. Especially if the map designers/quest designers are good and they use it to tell a story in the world.

I expanded my input system again and made it give me an array split by white space so now I can check for formatted commands.

zelda, you?
never been
might as well
live with my brothers and mom
everytime they see me pure disappointment fills their faces so i tend to stay confined to my room
its hard to be around

Rapelay but multiplayer!
Of course you can team mate with friends and being raped by hordes of guys

neat

Just adding concept art characters. I'm so lazy I haven't bother to color past Succ 2.

At least you have a room. Imagine being in the same situation except the only place you can dev is directly in the middle of everyone's line of sight.

I'm not cloning a game, I'm re-imaging an entire genre from the bottom up.

we're all gonna make it someday

I said, that's an Epic idea.

suicidal thoughts are external to the brain

I can never find motivation to start on my game. I've been tired and depressed and I can never find the motivation or spark to get me working. Everyday is just the same with little to no variation and it's been getting to me.

Come back when you have a game.

You have to force yourself to start. I'm not joking.

Have you tried watching anime?

>Have a problem with Shift being held making my game ignore ESC
>It works fine for my friend though
>Borrow someone else's keyboard
>It STILL DOESN'T WORK
Works in other games
What the literal fuck am I doing wrong?

>american primetime
>depressionposters at peak
wrong country got nuked

This. Marathoning a new anime or two every week can add a ton of variety to your life.

it's also the dead of the night for dysfunctional europeans and middle eastern/african third worlders.

stfu pajeet
go shit in the street

Dysfunctional people don't have peak hours.

Go watch Made in Abyss. It makes you want to make an RPG with cute kids exploring places.

was a good investment?
it's gonna save me a lot of time and allow me to create ragdolls easily and make my character look okey.

So sad seeing a lot of good people (you anons) suffering from depression...

Please, make games. Tell me your stories. Do it!

I'll do it!

What do you mean? You press shift then escape simultaneously, and it doesn't pick up on the escape key? Have you used some kind of keyboard input tester to make sure it's actually picking up the input and that its not a hardware problem?

>lonely user the whole life
>love videogames since school
>start creating videogames in RPG Maker in middle school
>never had a gf
>my whole life has been about having good ideas but everybody tell me are bad ideas then someone else do it and everybody praise him and think it's a good idea

I will. Right after I watch some anime and fap. Maybe grab a snack. Actually I might brainstorm and start tomorrow.

you forgot the part where you do it yourself

Every time I try I feel like my game is shit, and then feel bad.
But I'll keep trying, no matter how depressed I am.

if Shift is pressed at all, the game will ignore my Escape input, even though this is not the case in any other game, I can still Shift+ESC+ctr to pull up Task Manager.

I used keyboard checkers for this method too and while it picked up on ESC being pressed, they key didn't light up on the tester. So I don't know what the fuck that means.

Honestly seems pricey for what it does, but if $75 isn't too much for you, sure.

I am here to reassure you that you made a good purchase and did not waste your money.

Can I see a snippet of your input code?

lol

>hi Invector

Watching Jack & Rich playing Slay the Spire makes me want to create a cardgame myself. But sadly I don't know much about cardgames myself... How feasible do you think it would be to get some outside help with card ideas and stuff like that? If I just created the "framework" to build the game on.

Level editor's just about done

for what? The functions that involve ESC?

This will be available for players and they will be able to upload their levels to the steam workshop, right?

PROGRESS for tonight:
+Did some work on the main menu. The new main menu backgrounds are actually the first new art assets for the game that have been made in like 6 months. They'll get animated someday, but for now they're just little stills.

...Still need an actual title logo, though.

Up next on the chopping block: Adding gamepad compatibility and replacing the current link to the development blog with a credits list/screen. .