/kcdg/ Kingdom Come Deliverance General

Parrying a Parry Counter Edition
Last save
>What is Kingdom Come Deliverance?
Kingdom Come Deliverance is an open world RPG set in the Bohemian countryside of the Holy Roman Empire in the very early 15th century. You play as Henry, son of a blacksmith, voiced by and modeled from an inbred looking Englishman. The game was kickstarter funded to the tune of around 5 million USD. The map is 16km sq. From the homepage:
>The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times
>One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown.
>His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas.
>Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.
>You end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion.

>Official sites & social media
kingdomcomerpg.com/
twitter.com/WarhorseStudios
youtube.com/channel/UCIqUdfkbYmCGM-YRmk28zCg
twitch tv warhorsestudios

>Gameplay
look it up faggot
there's dev blogs on youtube, loads of losers on twitch, funny moment and bugs compilations everywhere and webms floating around /v/ and /wsg/

>Wiki
kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com

>Fixes
May or may not fix/improve frame rate
Put this into launch options
>16 GB or more RAM
-heapsize 2097152
>8 GB of RAM
-heapsize 1048576

>Pastebins
pastebin.com/F9W9bwCz
pastebin.com/mSvK6ec9

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iaudJWDw
reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/7z8256/milestone_about_1_million_copies_sold_conformed/
lupa.cz/aktuality/meta-pokorena-warhorse-prodali-milion-kusu-hry-kingdom-come-delivarance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ooga Booga

PUT THIS PASTEBIN IN THE OP YOU FAGGOT

pastebin.com/iaudJWDw

I just killed runt but didnt get to loot to place. If i travel back there will all the loot be there?

has anyone discovered any more hidden perks like the resistance one for picking nettles?

>"I should have never acknowledged him"

who /tookthevows/ here

Last thread went to 800 posts you can put whatever you want in it next thread

Anybody have an update on KCD's steam sales compared to SJW games?
Wolfenstein specifically.

it doesn't matter, you just beat the last boss

So after completing the monastery quests, I'm still getting notifications to go and work in the fratery, library, eat with the others, etc. how THE FUCK do I fix this? It's getting really fucking annoying

>couldn't find any lockpicks to level up lockpicking
>someone tells me to go to Pribyslavitz
>dunno what the fuck that is
>they show me on the map

I lived bitch. They did not.

>ugly as fuck

Henry is a handsome lad

What is the command to actually add that shit?

cheat_add_item id:(id string) amount:(amount you want)

Does it come in red?

So, I'm looking for Ginger. How far am I in the main storyline?

>someone tells me to go to Pribyslavitz
That was me, you did well. Make sure to get the lockpicks, but if you loot those bodies and sell their shit you probably won't need them

I honestly wouldn't have cared if they put a blackie/Arab in the game if they made it clear he wasn't just living in some random bohemian town. Like he's just some travelling merchant or some shit

reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/7z8256/milestone_about_1_million_copies_sold_conformed/

Yeah. At this point he figured the journalists could fuck themselves, so I don't blame him.

PLS RESPOND GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I honestly think he looks nice

I see the texture modding tools or knowledge has taken off quite nicely. Or is that a vanilla waffenrock? I don't think it is, is it? Also, my Henry reminds me of War of the Roses for some reason.

It's an unobtainable item available in the base game

>206085842
All I know is for an indie game it's killing it in sales within the first week.

lupa.cz/aktuality/meta-pokorena-warhorse-prodali-milion-kusu-hry-kingdom-come-delivarance/
ONE
MILLION
SALES
When's the last time a new single player IP from a new studio made this much so fast?

>I'm glad you came

It's vanilla, but not obtainable. It was in the base game, but didn't make it for historical reasons.

What capershin?

you actually took the time to edit this...lol

That wouldn't make any fucking sense though
why would a black or arab merchant journey hundreds of miles overland into the depths of Europe to trade in backwater Bohemia when he could just sell his goods somewhere like Spain or Genoa or Venice or Constantinople in a fraction of the time?
In a game about somewhere on the fringes of Europe, it would make absolute sense.

>since the patch it is impossible to get lockpicks from fritz in the start, the find another way to obtain tools objective completes automatically as soon as you get it

fug

I got it from Johann in Merohjed. I got this horse because I liked the sound of his name by the way. Uchchaiahshravas. It's really, really fun to say.

>do a couple of main missions
>steal lots of shit
>knock out shy knight and steal his breastplate and leggings
>take five reloads to kill two shitty bandits that look for Ginger
>Brendan isn't returning to the training field any time soon
>say "fuck it" and reload the first save after prologue
>train with Brendan until I get all master strokes, get my face bashed in with a bludgeon a couple of times
>buy the cheapest longsword with the money I won in dice
>absolutely fucking butcher the first bandit camp instead of killing them in their sleep as I did the first time
Probably shouldn't have dropped the miller's quest line by paying him and saying that I ain't gonna steal shit though but "press E to knock the tin can out and steal their shit" mechanic is really not well thought out

Post Henrys

>$60 *million* in revenue

Maybe he got lost on the way to Prague

They don't even have kids and people bitch about no black people

pls respond

Who sells the best horse shoes? Johann only had Farm Horse Shoes when I visited.

Quest mods when?

Is there a way to repair horse saddles. I have gone through 4 of them at 0% condition

Does anybody use axes? I've been giving it a go but my piercer sword seems superior against everything so far. Is it just the skill difference or are axes kind of shit?

Uzhitz and Merjohad both had the military horseshoes I think, which are the best ones (Not Noble ones, surprisingly)

Isn't that like 45 million profit?
I honestly didn't think anybody was hype for it, much less this sheer number of people. I was prepared for KCD to be a small cult game that would at best make its budget back.
I wonder how Vavra's feeling about now.

I honestly hate children in games so I'm ok with that. The whole no black people thing was so stupid. Would they say anything if the game was set in middle ages China and there were no non-Asian characters? Even tho there were a handful of western merchants wondering about? I doubt it

Axes are the jack of all trades master of none between maces and swords.
I plan on running one in one of my future campaigns

I wonder if they are counting kickstarter backers? I only paid $15 for this gem backing it early. Almost feels like piracy.

are maces just bad or what?
I must have hit a knight-looking guy a good dozen times in the head and it didn't seem to do anything

I hope StarCitizen hires him

Did you take breaks to restore stamina? That'd mean your opponent's stamina restored too and it must be depleted to damage health

>50 STAFF
>INDIE GAME
Ladies and gentlemen, the age we live in.

I think my save file is corrupted or something. I made the Pestilence mission to progress with the main storyline, but then when I talk to the prisoner an endless loadscreen pops up . Doesn't matter if I load a previous save or if i go do missions elsewhere and go back. I'm stuck here and 40 hours or so of my life are wasted. Thanks Vavra.

I think their budget was ~$15 million, so yeah, minus taxes, minus investor returns, minus reduced revenue from backers (although this is arguably null considering there were plenty of backs above $60), minus Steam/Microsoft/Sony/etc's cut, etc. Pretty good haul for the first week. They should have a good stack of profit already, and it's only one week post launch. If they do some free DLC (implementing all the kickstarter goals yet to be implemented), bug fixing, and optimizations they could boost their sales decently, and then there's room in this kind of game for a substantial expansion pack or two to bring in more revenue (like shivering isles not horse armor). It's nice seeing a kickstarter project come through and be successful considering all the ones that went bust. I remember hearing about this game years ago and thought it'd never come out.

How do I get multiple hits in? I try to chain hits but they're able to parry right after my hit.

What does a bath give you that a good old trusty bowl of water cant?

Kek

Has anyone tried headtracking?

Ok pagans and christians lets have a nice thread this time ok
We all want to murder Cumans here

Are Sasau and Rattay the only places you can buy clothes?

always feint

Hello, where can I get a skalitz shield? :^)

I think it gives a 5% boost to charisma and it makes Henry look better

Wasn't it going to be a trilogy? I don't think they would do a large expansion pack for the first part of a trilogy.

Staff size is somewhat irrelevant. Generally indie means independent from a publisher, which this game is not.

>he's not serviced by a wench on his way home before calling it a day
Never gonna make it.

no it wasn't. the game was going to get cut up into three pieces one at a time. there's not going to be another game for awhile. they are going to continue to pump out expansion packs and dlc

here's how it should be done:
>mention in a quest that there's a Merchant from Kush in the area selling rare artefacts and you have to find him
>go on a wild goose chase through the fief doing several rounds of every village with people leading you on the nose
>eventually find out he already left the area without meeting him

I dont remember the last time I was happy for a developer for their success AND happy that the game is actually worth the praise it gets. It gets the right amount of hate as well for it to get people to talk about it

I wouldn't mind either if they'd come up with a decent excuse, but I won't blame them for a second for not doing it.

Honestly I just wish Vavra had been a bit more diplomatic when the whole thing went down on Twitter. I totally sympathized with him, but he could have defused the whole thing and avoided all this bullshit had he just gone into "PR mode" a bit more. Something to the effect of "we don't have any historical evidence for the presence of people of color in this area during this period, and adding them would just come off as forced and patronizing" would have been how I'd have done it.

I've said this quite a few times now, but I really think it's a sign of how many people are into these kinds of games. It always shocks me how few studios even attempt to make first-person open world RPGs, considering the immense success of Bethesda's games, and if nothing else I hope we get more studios interested in them out of this whole saga.

HILFE MIICCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH

It was, and then they ended up merging their planned first two acts into what was released with the intent of a sequel. They could still do an expansion pack, though. Once they fix KCD they'll probably want to do some engine work for the next title, during which time they can build assets for KCD. They could do a crime/nobility (tournaments and shit) expansion in Prague and it's immediate countryside, without impairing their ability to do a sequel.

Parry them back. You need to get some levels in warfare and master strokes from Brendan or you won't get any hits in.

HENRY AND HANS' KUTTENBERG ADVENTURES WHEN

I remember back when LA noir came out a black guy I knew wasn't really interested in it because it was all white people. That didn't really get any press. I think there were one or two black people I don't remember, but it was pretty well representative of the US in the time period. Now its current year in a game that really shouldn't have black people and we get controversy.

>mfw trying to sabotage the execution

How to level warfare and axe/sword/combat skill fast at the beginning

>get to the mission where you have to go back to skalitz and bury your parents
>get to the part where you meet that idiot with the shovel
>get into the fight with him
>hit him with the sword in the back until he gets stuck in the burned/destroyed wood behind the body and stops running
>now he is stuck and you can hit him with your sword/fists/axe/preferred weapon of choice and level that skill to max plus warfare skill

You can basically make him get stuck in anything you want along the path he is running in and then hit him, but that spot right behind the body is a good one to keep him there the longest. Neat little trick to get your stats up if you lost your save and have to start over the game again like I had to

cumans ARE christian

Wish me luck boys, I'm gonna try to break into the Monastery at night to steal the Necronomicon.

I don't think I've ever done such a hard, fast 180 where Hans was concerned. He went from asshole to bro-tier in seconds.

I hope they're gonna fix AI's sight, it's a complete joke. Half the time when I'm fighting bandits their buddies can't see me unless the fight starts after a dialogue or something.

ez af

There were a handful of black musicians, but that was about it. And yeah, that wasn't a bad thing at all; just how it was.
Shitholes like Polygon get so triggered by everything they'll flat-out say that actual history is a lie if it doesn't pander to their specific views.
Here they are unironically saying that women having unequal rights in 1403 Bohemia is debatable with a snide [citation needed].

Excuse me my good man but I don't think that is a regulation farkle log you're using there.

I'm convinced blacksmithing is going to be a DLC. Likely paid, possibly free.
Vavra really fucking wanted to implement it, but for some reason it didn't pan out.

Does fast travel speed change based on if you're on a horse or on foot?

Teutonic Knight Henry DLC confirmed?

>been a shortsword pleb since the start of the game
>takes roughly three years to kill guys in plate
>decide to buy the bailiff mace from the swordsmith as it's the best mace he had
>go out to kill cumans
>sigh as 3 cumans in full armor come at me, thinking this would take a while
>master stroke the leader, instaded
>bop the other one in the head, died in one hit
>the third suffers the same date
What the actual fuck, maces are broken

What could go wrong?

Those don't quite look like regulation dice, either.

Anybody else have a shitload of fun with Farkle?
Like I don't usually like minigames of this kind in RPGs. Caravan I only semi-recently got into, and I just entirely ignored Gwent.
Farkle is a legitimately fun game, though.

Haven't noticed much difference. For one thing I'm sure that galloping is faster than fast travel, in terms of ingame time.

that's stupid and lame. the fun of the game is when you still have to block, feint, counter attack and dodge. just mindlessly one shoting everything is boring

The moment the Great Helm is modded in I am going full fucking Crusader.

As easy as puttin a benis in vagoo.

Well I never heard such nonsense, I have no idea what you're talking about! Goodness, look at the time I must be going.

Farkle is great because it's a real game, not some made up nonsense of a minigame.