Entrepreneurship

How many of you guys have actually started a small business that doesn't involve Crypto shilling?

What resources would you recommend for those starting to learn how to run a small business?

>How many of you guys have actually started a small business that doesn't involve Crypto shilling?
From time to time there have been a couple of more than likley non-LARP bussiness owners, some guys outsource web dev to pajeets, there is a guy who runs a office cleaning company, another guy who is a consultants for restaurants.

Best resource? Start a business of some sorts with small capital and no-leverage/debt. Learn how to do it. Yes, doing an online accounting course or something in your jurisdication is essential, know how to do Double Entry Bookeeping and stuff.

Personally I have found learning about marketing, not advertising mind you, marketing has been the most useful stuff to read. Can't think of any books off hand.

there is only two things you need
1. a valuable service/product
2. a vast network
places like UK are great for starting up since the state leaves you alone for 3 months iirc
places like ex-commie states are hell in this regard because you immediately have to start paying into mandatory social ponzi schemes, therefore you cannot afford a single month without revenue

whos that one the picture ? i hope it has a dick

Business is all about supply and demand OP.

Lets practice, I demand sauce on that chick. A good entrepreneur would be able to supply.

Also yeah this, having a network of other already established entrepreneurs will help a fuck ton, that is of course only if they like you.

That being said, never GO into business with one of them, you'll get zuckerberged.

I used to run a large scale gold farming operation on RuneScape. Had people working for me and everything. Good times.

this guy is a young steve jobs

i opened a wholesale for technical spare parts for pumps 3 years ago. what i think helps me to have good revenue is i know a lot of the parts im selling.

I run a custom cabinet firm w/ my dad. AMA

Why'd you stop?

There was a big "bot nuke" and Jagex sued Mark Snellman the guy who created Nexus and I couldn't find another bot that was just as good. I tried rsbot a few years later and it was total shit.

I ran a semen harvesting operation in my bedroom from my own balls but I had to take a break to find buyers and take a nap

I see, all the big boys are using private scripts nowadays. It's much harder to start a farm these days.

dude i bet that was fucking awesome haha

I used xxPk's frost dragon killer, it wasn't a private script but you had to pay for it. If I could find another fdk script that actually worked I might get back in to it for some side cash. I still have all my accounts with 85 dungeoneeering so I could probably donate an account to someone willing to write a script.
It was fucking great I was a senior in high school with a ton of free time when I got into it hardcore. At one point I was getting weekly payments at Western Union up to $1200. But eventually more and more people began to get into it and Chinese farmers took over. The profits got lower and lower but it was still basically free money. People eventually started selling 1mil for 50ยข in bulk so it was difficult to keep profits up with so much competition.

Even paid scripts have extremely high banrates now. Another possible money making method right now is to run a sweatshop w/ goldfarmers (no scripts required). Just find the games with the highest per hour methods and pay the third worlders 5X less.

For example, there's probably better methods in other games, but you can make $2/hr doing Zulrah right now and can mass produce accounts for it fairly simply. If you hire third worlders and train them to do it, pay them a 50 cents to a dollar per hour, you can make decent money.

Of course, there are games with better opportunities out there, but I don't really play games anymore. League of Legends boosting is really hot, I've heard.

>my favorite camwhore gets posted on Veeky Forums
Good taste, OP, I especially like her delicate feet

are you gonna post her name, or just keep being a faggot

>places like ex-commie states are hell in this regard because you immediately have to start paying into mandatory social ponzi schemes, therefore you cannot afford a single month without revenue
this is why i just want to give up

>this is why i just want to give up
and people wonder, why eastern Europe is such a shit hole, honestly the only way you can start a normal business around here is if you're already in on some shady shit, and the only reason why you'd do it wouldn't be to make money, but to launder it

I think starting a business for the sake of a business is a fine recipe for failure.
Any successful business starts as a guy doing a thing, and doing it so well that they begin having too much work to do, so they hire a guy.
And then another one.
And another one.
Until there's enough people under the first guy that they need an office and a tax returns form.

But businesses started by young starry-eyed 2017 yuppies are doomed to failure, simply because whatever you want to do, every fucking one and their dog is already doing it better than you are.

Grow organically or don't do it at all, unless you have funds to mantain your business at a loss until it takes off (if ever) in half a decade's time

do you know anything about money laundering and what is the risk, im in croatia..i was in cyber-shady shit last summer and i wish i had that starting capital now, i spent it all till the end of last year, omg

It's my new dream so I'm with you OP. I'm 29 soon and currently working some shit part time job, but finally got the bug to become an entrepreneur after learning what an entrepreneur is. I even say the word entrepreneur every day because I never knew how to pronounce it. Even now I struggle, but it carries some emotional power to it every time I try to say it.

Hopefully in 2 months maximum. I will be starting a web design business. Right now I'm learning various aspects of web design, absorbing whatever I can. And I'm getting better, I am confident I can design a nice looking websites for local businesses very very soon. My town has at least 100+ local businesses, most of them just do not have websites, so I'm gonna make cold calls visit the owner, however I can becoming a natural salesman and marketer in the process. I am an absolute noob, but I'm gonna figure it out.

After I raise some money I plan to go full entrepreneur mode. I'm pretty excited about it. I have no idea what to make, but I do have plenty of ideas written across all my notebooks. I'm not worried about pitfalls anymore, I'm just gonna go for it. I promised myself I would commit suicide by age 30 if I didn't "figure it[success] out" But now I feel pretty satisfied about having a clearer goal about what I want to do with the rest of my life.

I will be starting a similar business, SEO and other digital marketing. What is your main source of capital? I also do part.time job and it's just never enough to start anything but i really want to start this SEO company

Small ebay/website store. Making some sales. hopefully will start seeing good returns soon. 33% operating profit margin. is that good? What should I aim for?

I haven't started yet, honestly have no idea dog. I'm just gonna collect any payment I can even if it's 20$ for a fuckin website(I know I can get more than that even for a shitty website) My capital will probably be from my freelance earnings. I will put money toward bills and the rest straight into my own business.

>do you know anything about money laundering and what is the risk

I'm no expert, but I have a general idea of the process, shit I'm from Bulgaria mate

>feelsbad

now that I think of it, you don't even need a legit business. Just make some retarded hipster are, and sell it for however much you want to launder at an "auction" to a "super rich" buyer (basically you), who wishes to remain anonymous

>pic related
Onement Vi, Abstract Art Sold for $43.8 Million

retarded hipster art*

that's how i plan to do this, too
this is actually a good idea lol but i need stay anonymous because this 'art' makes me cringe

>but i need stay anonymous because this 'art' makes me cringe

yeah I bet, but if you aren't anonymous in the first place then you're doing it wrong, and if it's about really big money like the example i gave you, find the biggest, shadyest fucker in town, you know someone with a reputation of being corrupt but also, almost untouchable, or if he's already in jail find one of his "associates", and he will act as the buyer, also people like that who've been doing this kind of shit properly, and for enough time, probably already have a hipster art "guru" who shit's out a "masterpiece" every other month, if not you can always find one yourself, but again it has to be someone with a reputation of selling crap for shitloads of money, and then once you pay these people you're all set.

When you think about it it's kind of like a tax of sort.

witness the dubs of money laundering, and take notes

also, disregard my drunk grammar and punctuation

I have. Start small is real, you'll probably fuck it up but you'll learn very quickly, pennies count and your hopes are meaningless, be conservative and critical. Most things are going to seem like they arn't going to work, and most won't work, don't get impatient and irrational, and make sure your ass is always covered.

you'd have to be a new york jewish gay man, dead or a mentally unstable homeless degenerate to be "chosen" for this.

anyone can make abstract art, so who decides who's art becomes valuable to the wealthy museum patrons? The inner circle(gay jew) or the dead, and /or the junkie fuckup who's about to die of aids from heroin abuse.

well yeah exactly, that was kind of my point in the next post. Find a guy who already owns one of these(the jewish gay man I mean), and pay him to lend it to you

going to need sauce on this op

0.000002 btc for the sauce

>there is a guy who runs a office cleaning company
less than 1/3 of my gross comes from office cleaning, I'm actually an environmental contractor. But the distinction is a bit subtle for Veeky Forums and honestly nobody here needs advice on starting an environmental firm for industry.

I don't really have any advice for OP except get a job and work your way up to management. Quickest way I know of to learn how to run a small business.