rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
>Resources Pastebin | Updated: Feb 2018
pastebin.com/8yx3SjjT
>[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>/rpgmg/ 2017 Collab Project | Completed!
>2018 Collab | canceled until renewed interest
mediafire.com/file/cpugiehl3h3h4cu/Collab 2017 Complete.zip

>/rpgmg/ Podcast
youtube.com/watch?v=ab7m-nMDMkk

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lamone-953150012/normal-folk
youtube.com/watch?v=6WIJPngoTTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit where is everyone?

I've been sleeping for 3 days straight.
I don't think I'm sick? But I don't have a desire to do anything else.

Holy shit, I would kill to download some of these works.

I mean, if I gotta pay for them, I'd pay for them, but still, holy FUCK.

More like 'Stop dying so fucking fast' edition.

Carlos!

Apparently in the RTP actors are named differently in other Languages.

I keep seeing Brazilan users on DA calling RMVX's Ralph "Adam" and RMXP's Aluxes "Ash"

And yet none are named Don Miguel.
Damn shame.

Procrastinating, naturally.

I've been looking for project files of completed games to see how the author does such and such thing, a bit like The Oddy tutorial series on horror. It was really helpful to have a finished game opened in the software.

Any other projects I could down?

Almost 6am, good night bump. DON'T DIE. K?

No promises, user.

lol thanks
out of all skills related to gamedev that i have rn, music's definitely the most fun on its own and it probably shows.
it'd be nice to be a full-time composer, but that life seems even more poverty than gamedev, and i'm not *that* idealistic.

I thought about making a fan game. But I can't think of a way to bring 2 characters together in a convincing way that isn't forced.
Some things were just never meant to be.

which characters?

bu

WTF why does the wiki completed game list not include links to the games?

OBJECTION, have you considered [puzzle]

>I told Miyazaki I love the "gratuitous motion" in his films; instead of every movement being dictated by the story, sometimes people will just sit for a moment, or they will sigh, or look in a running stream, or do something extra, not to advance the story but only to give the sense of time and place and who they are.

>"We have a word for that in Japanese," he said. "It's called ma. Emptiness. It's there intentionally."

>Is that like the "pillow words" that separate phrases in Japanese poetry?

>"I don't think it's like the pillow word." He clapped his hands three or four times. "The time in between my clapping is ma. If you just have non-stop action with no breathing space at all, it's just busyness, But if you take a moment, then the tension building in the film can grow into a wider dimension. If you just have constant tension at 80 degrees all the time you just get numb."

We are going to die. What is the second best RPG Maker community? See you there.

AGDG

They don't like RM.

They were fine with it until the general came around.

(And so I think they'll be fine with it again once the general is 6 feet under).

I posted my rpg maker game there and they were fine with it. They're not as bitter as everyone thinks, just very, very critical, which isn't a bad thing.

What is better, lots of easy random encounters or few but harder random encounters?

Depends.

Is your combat FUN?
Is your combat fast?
Are the encounters of the same type different from each other?
Can you even improve (human skill wise) from fight to fight?
etc.

C. no random encounters and only boss fights

Probably has to do with the templates, that we are locked out of because what's-his-name felt the need to be in control.

Which I objective too, because it doesn't take genius to know he'd disappear one day

That called a strategy game pretending to be an rpg.

How do I rip off Bravely Default's Default system without making it a clear rip off?

Progress thread? PROGRESS THREAD!
Note where the arrows pointing. Thanks to a little brain thinking, I made these "Wall connectors" for each and every wall type that were not in the original game. Now you can have sprawling indoor dungeons instead of just one or two rooms!

Fuck, forget picture. After much deliberation, I decided not to do portraits and extras and just focus on the Tiles and characters.

just do it anyway, and rename anything "default" into something else. done and done

Towns in JRPGs right?

Are JRPG towns empty? Towns are usually where all the story beats take places. And when you're making decision and restocking.

It's walking through forests, roads, when it's all zen, and you're just using what you got without thinking because that's what it's there for, that's how you play the game. Sure, you might be fighting monsters and looking for something, and on some level that's "busyness" but you don't know where or when it's going to happen. You only know it WILL happen, so in another since you're waiting.

Yeah, it seems more starving artist-tier than actual starving artists.

brb bump

soundcloud.com/lamone-953150012/normal-folk

having music and scripting be the last things to work on is actually extremely boring

... why is miss frizzle the op image?

So... any tips on promoting your game on social media? I have a decent number of followers but almost nobody like / share my posts, what am I doing wrong?

pander

Do stuff for your followers. Take requests for the game and do Q&As.

10 bump

Unfortunately, you have to pander to get audience interest.
Aria's Story recently came out, and it was fucking boring as hell. I was wondering why it suddenly seemed like it was such a darling of the community.
I checked the blog, and they did a LOT of audience pandering. Cameo NPCs was the very first thing they did.
The thing about marketing is that in this day and age, you have to convince people that your product is worth buying. And to do that, unless you get that rare flash in the pan lightning strike, you have to bend over a little bit.

The update literally killed my project. Knew I should have stuck with a pirated version.

I'm honestly surprised that out of all of Yanfly's plugins, only the Doodads plugin suffered from the 1.6.0 update.

Wonder how long it'll be before it's updated, given how much scarcer updates have to be with them due to health reasons nowadays?

what's supposed to be good about 1.6?

most of the stuff he does doesn't go deep down into the foundational code that RM's built ontop of, so it kind of makes sense. and the most "intrusive" thing would of course be the doodads

assets

Can't you use the offline version when you buy on Steam? Offline version from official site.

very nice

the mcs

Aria's Story certainly succeeded in the most important part of advertising your game: Art. Nobody cares about text on Tumblr. Show them a pretty picture.

This is why I bang the drum for moving off of RTP when you can: I'm not opposed to RTP, but for anyone to take your game seriously, it cannot look like every other game. Very few people actually 'hate' RTP, but very few will give that kind of game a look, either.

Aria's Story was pretty all right, but the ending got about an hour's worth of dicussion out of the podcast. I'm trying to condense it to the juiciest bits. For everything it did right (like the art and atmosphere), the ending left a lot to be desired.

After months of putting it off, I finally got around to designing a title background for my game. I'm no artist, but this turned out pretty nice imo.

Tell us more about this game also do you have a devlog?

mind control fetish game

Is it not possible to datamine existing RPGMV games the usual way?
I've put a Game project file in the directory, decrypted all of the files, but RPGMV gives me the "Unable to read Actors.json" error.
I cannot find for the fuck of me any guides for this yet, so I assume there's more to it?

Does using a different version of MV than the game was made with have any kind of impact here, by the way? If so, is it possible to check what kind of version the game was built with?

After fixing the title commands, here's how it looks in game.

extremely catchy ost
youtube.com/watch?v=6WIJPngoTTw

the title screen looks like you took a screenshot from your phone

Ok. Making a Pokemon fangame in Essentials. Loosely based on The Lost World, The Land that Time Forgot, and Jules Verne' An Antartic Expedition (you are going to an Island with Living Dinosaurs hidden near the South Pole)

The player starts out in one of these rooms. The ones in the top belong to the ship's crew and are thus mostly inaccessible. The rooms in the bottom belong to other trainers who go explore the Island with you and thus could use a bit more backstory,

The room in the right is a storage room. You can find wild Zigzagoon there as rare encounters.

How much do I personalize the rooms? There are roughly 70 humans in the whole game (maybe 40 if for some reason I decide that the NPCs from the island are to be exclusively Pokemon).

This is the corridor. of the dorm area of the ship. The top will be blocked off by an NPC. The room on the Left will go to the Engine Room. The door to the Right will go to the Lab area (where you get your Pokemon, and also where you can revive fossils, and also a machine to heal Pokemon). The upper floor goes to the deck.

Should I add a kitchen?

I was thinking about making the Lab its own floor because it is an important area where up to 18 NPCs will meet at certain points of the game. Should I? If so, should it be the floor above the dormitories (to make it closer to the outdoors area so players can heal Pokemon faster) or on the bottom so it doesn't look like the Trainers are of less importance than the Experiments?

I wouldn't add a kitchen unless you can put something interesting in it. Even if it's just a lot of NPCs in chef outfits.

This.

stop dying

I'll see what I can do with it. Maybe if I can think up of moves to give the Chefs as Move Tutors....

maybe i'll be more productive tomorrow

ffs

Do furries and Rpg maker just not mix? I mean, outside the occasional Minotaur and werewolf, you just don't see a lot of non-humans. Hell, you don't even see a lot of neko ear/tail characters. Beastmen seem to be big in MMOs, but for some reason with RM games, they're token characters at best.

I know right, they're almost always tertiary at best. Though my game is a bit of an exception, since the world is inhabited mostly by anthro animals and humans are just one of the many races

Somebody has to make their sprites, user

Yeah, but even even the tails and ears in the generator don't get used that often.

Maybe they feel neko ocs are too weebish and they want to be taken seriously?

Almost 6am good night bump. Stop dying so quickly.

They're using RPG Maker.

Have you played any good games lately?

Maybe rephrase it, "Have you played any awful games lately?"
Without saying any names, talk about why it's bad without promoting them.

But I want to play good rpgmaker games

>Without saying any names

I played one game that really made me rethink how I enjoy games and what I like about games.
I've played a lot of RPG Maker games that are technically amazing but I go through them and they're dull, boring nonsense.
You have one game come out with beautiful art, a unique premise, original assets, and voicework go into it, and then you play it and...it's just so boring. It's aping the classics so hard that it does it well, but there's no real soul to it. The puzzles are basic shit so that anyone can play through it, the characters are all so cutesy and innocent that I just want *something* to happen so they have an interesting reaction, and the last-minute plot twist raises more questions than it answers.
One game, though... Something about it really hit me.

It's the damndest thing, I try to describe it and it's a real shitter on paper. It's got clunky real-time combat, starting off with melee weapons that take a second to swing and then moving onto ranged weapons where you get ammo for it every second step. It's horror, but most of the spooky moments are jumpscares. The entire premise of the story doesn't make any sense.
But for some reason, I had a lot of fun with it. I had a lot of fun using the melee and clearing out the enemies, then swapping to guns and lining up shots. The atmosphere really made me sweat, and when the jumpscares came they really made me jump, they weren't just cheap startles. And the characters... I was fucking crying at the end. The goddamn characters were idiots and named after a fucking band, and I was still crying because I just wanted them to be happy.

So what is it that separates a good game from a fun game? What is it that can make a game technically good, accomplished, and skillfully executed, but then be very boring to play through? And why is it that a half-baked jumpscare-horror game with a dumb plot and clunky combat can have me see it through to the end despite all its problems?

That's basically saying, it has nice artwork of glossy anime girls but all you do is mash the action button and walk to the next story point.

tokyo xanadu ex+ is a good game.
ys, but in 3d

The first of the two games, yes, absolutely.
I got so bored with it.

gump

10 bump

based on the seasons,
do they do anything gameplay wise?

hygiene
nutrition
school
THEN make game

Is there a trick to make minimalistic art look good? I see lots of indie games with minimalistic art that look pretty nice, but can't name the effects they use. I know that one of the most common things are gradients and some lighting tricks.

>walk down stairs that go down to the left
>come out in stairs that go down to the right
>accidentally press left and return upstairs
Why do you guys do this?

proper coloring is what i find to be one of the biggest boons to a game's overall aesthetic.
when you're shading something, it isn't just "value" that you have to change, but also hue and saturation.
darker => cooler hue
distant => less saturation

>exit screen to the south
>enter next screen from the south west
>and controls temporarily realigned so that holding the original south direction causes your character to move to the north east
>disoriented by the temporarily mismatched controller input and movement output
>accidentally return to the previous screen while reorienting your stick

This

or this?

I personally prefer this. The other one feels too busy.

The first one, definitely. The other feels way overdesigned and complex compared to the other, much simpler graphics.

It's kind of like when people mod in "high-res textures" without bothering to make them mesh with the rest of the game.

Not just yet, but when I fully implement it, basically different seasons will have a different affect on the world, for example in winter paths could be blocked off by snow or a piled up snow bunch of snow will allow you to walk higher than you would have been able to, in summer, vines grow and allow you to climb them, and so on.

Thank you for the input!

Anyone knows if there are any MV games out there that uses the First Seed Material tilesets?