/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Keep on practicing edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f
GG Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

>Match Videos
keeponrock.in/
youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog/videos

>Forums & Wiki
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/Guilty_Gear_Xrd_REV_2

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

2.1 Patch Notes: archive.is/X7co2
2.1 patch is March 1st for consoles, later for Steam

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15125205
strawpoll.me/15125271
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for best wife

strawpoll.me/15125205

there is zero [0] Kum posters here

is 6HS the best opener for elphelt?

>tfw absolutely love the aesthetic & music of Guilty Gear
>tfw never really played much FIGHTAN games before (outside of occasionally at friends' houses here and there over the years) and suck ass at them

...how long would it take me to get to a level of skill to be able to enjoy GG, anons? I play musical instruments so my hand-dexterity is pretty decent.

help my fingers are addicted to stun dipper and i can't stop them

depends on how fast you learn and how much effort you put into actually learning. Took me about 50-100 hours to get actually decent at the game through half bashing my head in the wall with trial and error and half getting tips from my opponents in the ECPC thats hosted daily in this thread. I was having fun throughout though so it felt like nothing at all. Also don't be discouraged by a character seeming too hard if you like the character your more likely to stick to it. A good way to get started learning the game is to check out GG crash course in the description and looking up the Guilty Bits page of w/e character your looking to learn.
play people who will punish you every time for overusing stun dipper

Lets not worry about how long it takes, but more about how willing you are to make it there. You'll get your shit stomped online for a while, but as long as you can observe what things work and doesn't work, you can have fun applying them. And if that isn't going well, advice can always be asked as well.

>in the description
whoops I meant in the OP
Also forgot to mention I was in ye same situation going into GG where my only experience was button mashing as a kid and casual games at at a friends house. Just got to take it nice and slow and not try and info dump all the mechanics on yourself at once or thats a recipe for trouble. And most importantly make sure ye having fun because thats what games are for

strawpoll.me/15125271

all the posters here are ok also how could someone vote against faust user

that was me. all the fanart gets annoying.

fair enough, the waifu/husbando posters basically only do it when the thread is on page 10 though

I understand why waifu/husbandoposting might be annoying but I think that Faust and Dizzy user are great people.

Baikenfags are pretty annoying, mostly because they don't actually play the game and solely waifupost, but they don't post here for some reason.

Why do people hate Slayer posters

i can see people that like slayer being annoying faggots

/ggg/ is good people and Faust-user is nothing but nice just like his beloved Faust
I miss boobeh poster he's been gone for like 12 threads

Remember when Elphelt poster existed?

Well, I think that marks the conclusion of our little tête-à-tête? I'm a little afraid that if we kept going I might, well, break you. So, exit stage right then, if you please. You're hardly a match for, well, my glasses, let's say. Perhaps this is a blessing?

>know i'm gonna get punished for something
>do it anyways
>it gets punished
who else /badboy/ here

All that hard work, and no results? You must be feeling awful. Perhaps wondering where it all went wrong, or why you're such a failure. I blame myself, I really do. I should have explained how powerful I am. My apologies.

I'm just here to play games with people, enjoy playing with all of you and rarely post otherwise, coming from Slayer scum.
People who just bitch here about others or the game instead of actually playing or trying to improve are the worst.

hmmm

Candy-chan is BEST girl!!!

>lying on the internet
you should be ashamed of yourself

jack-o smack-o

would sniff

Jack-O is Wack-O

what do you think she smells like after an intense fight?

candy

Ky and Dizzy are so cute together
pls post more

>"Thank you, user! That's so sweet of you to say!"

Probably blood and sweat.

What if Jack-O got beat up so bad she wet herself
haha can you imagine haha wouldn't that be silly I bet she'd be real embarrassed haha

It's gotten weird for EU hours

Time for the big reveal That's Baldhead's ass.
Cute!

Am I going to have a bad time if I try to play GG with a keyboard?

depends how much rollover you have
you'll need at least 5 key rollover to play comfortably but ideally should have more than that, use asd - space for ldr - up and whatever close keys you feel like on the right hand for other buttons

What do you mean? As in you get the most damage or it opens up people often?

Ky hit the fucking jackpot.

She genuinely enjoys taking care of others and is down to fuck before marriage. And she's cute as hell.

I’m looking at the patch notes for the new update, but don’t really know what most of it means since I’m not too familiar with the technical stuff for GG. Is there anything out there that briefly explains how each character got changed?

if you don't even know basics why would balance changes matted to you

What are you confused by? Give an example and I'll help you out.

>Is there anything out there that briefly explains how each character got changed?

That's literally what patch notes are.

Faust is cute!!

If Sin is so great why does no one use him?

The real answer is all waifufags

There's DC and Kizzie Kay.
Most here at least play the game.

>10
Cute!

Use him in what? Competitive or casual play?

I wasnt accusing them of not playing games thats much to serious of a claim

Sin isn't an interesting or unique character so people only liked him for the free wins. There are other characters that are more of a free win, so everyone dropped him.

Because Raven and Johnny exist now

Competitive I meant.

He's super cute, rude.

I am posting Robo-Ky in honour of the Robo-Ky poster who was posting in honour of the Cao Cao poster in /mbg/ that was posting in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a complete roster.

>10
fun fact if you've ever beaten episode mode without instant kill you can become the official world record holder on speedrun.com because it's an uncontested category

>user wasn't kidding
I know it's gotta be like a joking thing but I never imagined that someone would bother speedrunning a fightan.
Easiest 1st-at-something of my life, brb

I just ran through episode mode super quickly.
I was hoping there was an end game clock.
There wasn't, but the first place time of 5m17s seems easy to beat.

based

What difficulty?

>/fgg/-tier sniffposting
Come on /ggg/, we're better than this

So, how's everyone doing today? You're remembering to practice, of course. At least you'd better be if you know what's good for you.

Doesn't matter.

Still working very hard on my "how to be the best husband ever" skills

Wow, first place is actually invalid, he used IK

When is Apollo Legend going to make a video about cheaters in the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Speed Run Community

Oh wait I'm dumb there are two tabs.

My controller's busted. I'm free from this game.

Practicing is for nerds

Being honest I just voted for the characters I hate playing against.

>I-no posters
>3

who bitch is dis

which character has the most abusive 6p in the game?

Slayer, Sol, and May instantly come to mind. Jam's also has some good multipurpose tech.

Slayer

Blazblue es better

rip Bedman 6P

Someday I'll do this online, but the weight system makes it a pain to pull it off on the majority of characters

>tfw I have to sj IAD against may, millia, and baiken for any kind of midscreen conversion or else I'll drop the combo and put myself in a position where they instantly combo me

My computer's psu died so I can't practice for a little while.

EU PC lobby up for maybe two hours or something.

Oops. Lobby id is 23cj

>May
Literally bottom tier button except for the good stun.

Lmao I can't believe someone's actually doing it. Great post

I did it guys!

I should stream an actual run after work to get the WR and a proper submission for speedrun.com

Can't wait to see you in SGDQ Annon!

Hell yeah! Congrats user.

>character: Axl
great documenation
congrats man!

you fags better get in here or i will 10-0 your dumbasses
someone please get in the lobby i can only take so much of this

buy me a plane ticket to yurop and you can 10-0 me as much as you want

you getting bullied or is EU ded

>EUs

PEE YUUU

nice dodge