/bbg/ Bloodborne general

Smug edition.

Last thread: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:

i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JG_FO648GhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THREADLY REMINDER

/bbg/ will be having a referendum on the fight club meta. For simplicity's sake there will be 2 options:
>The /bbg/ fight club meta should be BL80-BL120
>The /bbg/ fight club meta should be up to but not over BL98
Because people apparently feel strong enough about this to manipulate strawpoll, the way in which we vote will be making a post within 1 minute of 6:00pm EST (FC start time) on saturday the 24th in the /bbg/ thread. That means from 5:59pm EST to 6:01pm EST. This limits repeat voting and has a defined start and end time, whereas strawpoll can not end the polls without deleting them. It also, ideally will allow for most people who care about FCs to have their say.

PURGE FILTH

VOTE BL98

So I just got this game and I just killed the Blood Starved Beast, Is that beast like a mutated person from bloodlust or an alien, or a mixture of both Old One blood and Lycan blood? this is my first "Souls" game and the lore is too much for me and I love it

>game is a sinking ship
>vote to make it even less populated

mutated person, corrupted with the old blood

so, did that new comic end up being shit?
>knowing about aliens
did you not play through this blind?

I mean, how could they not be aliens?

So why is it venerated by the beast thingies?
Was Father Gastrointestinal afflicted byOld Blood?

The blood has many uses as medicine, a drug, to enhance your abilities, make you more ruthless. It's not surprise a hunter would use blood.

im not sure what you mean by venerated, the one in the chapel that has been crucified was put there by people before old yarnham got burned
yes, gas can was affected by the old blood

does insight have any other quirks during boss fights other than the witches of hemwick? i had read that if you have more insight micolash will start teleporting earlier.

Yeah the one crucified, but it still has an altar on it and stuff so that's why I thought it was being venerated, like Jesus or something

So, if he was affected by old blood, why did he turn like Wolf like and not all weird like, because as far as I know

Old Blood = weird alien thingie
Normal Bloodlust = Wolf

Any lorenerds around? I can't really figure out the difference between Old Blood and Paleblood. Old blood was what the tomb prospectors of Byrgenwyrth found in the Pthumerian underground labyrinths right? It was used to treat ailments in Yharnam and ultimate lead to the scourge spreading and people turning into beasts. But what about Paleblood? The game suggests Laurence & Co. called down Paleblood a.k.a Moon Presence but I don't quite understand why. Was Paleblood ever active in ministration and what was the purpose of the Moon Presence?

The more pious you are and the more you resist, the more grotesque a creature you become. The Bloodstarved Beast was still a beast and not an ayy.

the old blood is what caused the beast plague, everything (pretty much) in yarnham is caused by the old blood
the aliens have nothing to do with blood at all

don't steal my images, ok?

I'm sorry, user.

You don't want to do this

I cropped that one myself, ok?

>those eyes
top kek

So tell me about this 99 arc build, I've made builds for arc pure, arc hybrids, STR, SKL and BLT pures, BLT hybrids and a wheelfag. I'm guessing cruel fate to start, 99 arc, base vit and end? Then a little bit of SKL to be able to wield more weapons? I don't mind bumping up to BL105 or so. base VIT is fucking cancer in chalice.

Isn't Paleblood like a condition? since your Hunter has Paleblood and needs ministration in order to ?????

playing another game is effective, eventually joy waits ahead

why SKL? the only weapon youd use is the kos parasite right? id put the 3 last points in vit if you want to stay 98 otherwise both vit and end

Old Blood is most likely from the left behind Great One, Ebrietas. Byrgenwerth split over the issue of whether they should use it or not. Laurence wanted to use it to gain power and ascend because Willem was getting nowhere with his insight study.

Beckoning the Moon Presence will cause the Blood Moon to occur and triggers beastly scourge on a massive scale. I always assumed that Laurence realized he had fucked up with blood ministration and attempted to bargain with the Paleblood to contain it, Gehrman helped because that's what good hunters do. Bloodborne is super vague on most parts so it's left to conjecture.

I've actually come back after a 12 month break so it feels fresh, I have only play BB on and off since release. I rate being able to use weapons on an ARC build just for the flavour it adds. i'd rather have an extra 3 weapons to use at the cost of a couple of points of VIT

Welcome back mate.
Vote 98.

Not sure what weapons you'd get access to by putting a few more points in vit. You do have access to all the saws even if you dont touch STR/SKL. I'd suggest planning what 2-3 extra weapons you want to use and go from there. The problem I have with a 99 ARC build and why I never tried it is you either sacrifice a shitload of stam by going full bullet rune or you go anticlock and cuck yourself out of being able to use the hunter tools as much as youd like. But its probably a shitton of fun in chalice co-op.

>guy wants to go 105
>vote 98, m8

> by putting a few more points in vit
meant SKL of course

Spelunk?

Level?

ew lol

Based.

Meant for

Need help with Loran Darkbeast ugh
pass bbg5

Annyong haseyo ya dumb gook

Have you done any bosses by yourself?

Yes. Why?

coming back to this after a long absence, how badly am i fucking myself with this theme build i want to do BL98 FCs?

Cuck

no bulli, i don't wanna slurp. just want to make a dandy

Are you at least going to use the chikage? BLT is really not that great with reiter, I thought.

the blt is pretty much entirely for the evelyn. sounds like overall it's not a great idea. thanks for the feedback!

BL 98 was what Benjie, Frankster of the Cosmos, our progenitor initiated. He may have transcended this fleshy coil and gone to play the Great Game with the Great Ones, but we, the Benjie Choir, the true devotees, still echo his word

This is 10pm GMT, right?

It's just trolling.

I believe the BSB in particular is afflicted with ashen blood a specific disease that was probably dredged up from the Labyrinth (suggested by the chalice drop). Similar to the beast patients who hide in rags, I believe the BSB covers itself with flaps of skin that it probably tore itself to hide from sunlight, fire and anything similar

There are several types of important blood in the game. I believe blood ministration throughout Yharnam probably comes from Ebrietas, but I imagine it is refined and mass-produced in some way. Ebrietas doesn't seem to be a true transcendental Great One like Oedon or the Moon Presence or even Mergo, but a former Pthumerian who evolved into Kin of the Cosmos the same way as Rom (a Burgerworth student) was beginning to. Whether this was the result of a Great One's blessing or some kind of Pthumerian/Burgerworth ritual respectively I don't know

There's also the blood from Queen Yharnam which seems to be very toxic and induces a form of vampirism that was sequester to Cainhurst and gave rise to the Vilebloods. This shouldn't be confused with any other type of blood though. In my headcanon Queen Yharnam is the being found by the original Yharnam Tomb Prospectors and her cuffs were most likely put on by them

Paleblood seems to be both a literal thing - the grey/white/pus-yellow blood emitted by certain beings such as the Amygdala and the Doll, but also a metaphorical thing in regards to the sky's colour during the Blood Moon, and also seems to be a synonym for the Moon Presence in general

>reddit has invaded so much, they want to change the meta
Truly the end times are here
>Defending 120 unironically

As for the Beast Scourge, there's too much information about it. Let's see:
- I originally believed that the Scourge was the result of 'alien' blood (technically Ebrietas is an intraterrestrial) being injected into humans and their bodies simply not being able to cope with it, hence the transformation into beasts which is a perversion of Laurence's dream of mankind's evolution
- However notes throughout the game and conjecture among the community point towards the MP being somewhat responsible for the Scourge, effectively cursing imbibers of the old blood. I don't really know
- Then we had the DLC patch (1.08?) which brought about vermin, which seemed to be corrupting elements in blood that were responsible for the transformation into beasts. At least that's how Valtr paints it, but it doesn't seem to line up with my initial Ebrietas thoughts
- Lastly the DLC itself brings in Mother Kos who seems to have cursed the inhabitants of Yharnam from the Burgerworth college onwards, however I feel this relates more to the collective hunters being transported to this Valhalla-style situation in the Hunter's Nightmare where they kill beasts endlessly

I have no fucking idea

Play blind nigga. And blood turns people into beasts, but the blood is of alien origin

>game is a sinking ship
Yeah not in the slightest, /bbg/ does not by FAR constitute the majority playerbase of this game, fuck with your doomposting

I believe that the beastly scourge is both a defense mechanism against gaining insight and instigated by the Moon Presence, who yearns to kill the other Great Ones and wouldn't want people ascending. The people in the know turn into the most horrendous beasts after all. Blood ministration is the trigger needed to start the process of turning into a beast as "alien" and human blood was never supposed to mingle. Vermin do mix things up a bit, but to me it seems like they're nothing but deluded hallucinations of madmen; Valtr did go through a lot.

Impromptu?

yes

new phtu is fine for you?
have never been there

Me neither, but yeah

Slurp slurp motherfuckers

Is it the one in OP?

It's basically Loran but with a ghost, don't get your hopes up.

yeah
didnt it have a messenger bath somewhere? i heard that it had one

I'm new, is there a specific pass?

Dunno, didn't bother checking anything beside main room. I just have a story Loran or something else with messenger bath always open on one gravestone.
You don't need one for invading.

im getting fog wall glitches here
is someone falling for the lost connection meme

Which weapons have "sweet spots", in terms of where you need to connect with the weapon? The Kirkhammer is like this, right?

Call beyond is shit! SHIT!

Someone carry my lv 38 through research hall and kill some braintards so I can get muh letter and bow early

Pass is bbg

there are a few yes
can only think of the kirk atm though

I thought bb didn't have DaS2 tier retardation.

It doesn't, but kirk actually does splash damage

How exactly? I've been using it a fair bit but didn't realize.

Living Failures any1?

>killing the ghost for restocking
i wanna go back to the old phtu

are there any fun gems in the hacked chalices?

Shit AOE, but fantastic against big bosses like Paarl or Amy

there are no hacked gems there if thats what you're asking

you can get better gems sooner, but you won't be getting impossible gems without save editing.

so no oneshot blunderbuss then?

I believed that the charged R2 deals splash damage directly around it, not sure about regular R1s

Of course not. Pay up if you want to cheat.

every smashy smashy attack has damaging shockwaves

Someone pls help my underleveled ass with living failures pls. pass = bbg

christ, the beast possessed soul straight up murders bosses. why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier?

I know of the letter, didn't know about Kirk. This fine though and not even close to DaS2 halberd.
Did you glitch him into boss room? I'd like to see that.

Booting up

youtu.be/JG_FO648GhU

i'd love to come, but my ps+ has ran out apparently.
sorry user

how do i transfer screenshots from PS4 to PC?

is there anything special in the depth 5 hintertomb dungeons? heard someone talk about them yesterday

>Using the choir bell to heal bepis
Madness

FUCK one spawned behind me off screen and slapped me to death

usb
or upload them to whatever social network your account is linked to but with a lower resolution
or send them so some shmo via psn and save them on your smartphone

USB or twitter, make sure to format the usb to fat32 and select png and not jpg

there are no D5 hintertomb chalices ya got memed bitch

BEPIS TOO STRONG

if SFRC chalice is possible I wonder if anyone could try and make depth 5 hintertomb. it would probably just crash though since the chalice doesn't exist.

Bepis stronk. Looks fun as fuck, gotta try that later. Didn't know bell heals the bepis.

zulllie already said it's impossible

Thanks perty waifu. I'll give Maria a few attempts and then ring if I can't do it