Q & A with Developer - totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-gaels

>Warhammer 2 Info
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Announcement Trailer - youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

>Rome 2 info
Desert Kingdoms DLC Announce Trailer youtube.com/watch?v=YhKhntVPbZ0

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/214724/is-the-siege-escalation-still-there
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*reskins Attila*

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/214724/is-the-siege-escalation-still-there

GOBBOS!!!

DAILY REMINDER ALFRED WAS A BITCH

*reskins attila*
*removes all of the best features for being ahistorical*
reminder that
>catapults
>engineering
>sieges
>fires
are all ahistorical, but building massive siege towers to take ring forts is not

Fug, that's really a lot of sandniggers

I don't think I can do this lads

RIP

wait, that's a different army from

Yeah it was right next to it

This will either be an amazing flank or a colossal failure

Is Empire Divided actually any good?

Should I just wait for a sale and get Attila? I can't justify paying that much for an old game

>building massive siege towers to take ring forts is not
heard you were talking shit

Is it happening?

Atilla is unstable as fuck unplayable in most PCs (primarily AMD computers)

THEIR GENERAL HAS FALLEN

OUR VICTORY GROWS EVER NEARER

Alexander would be proud my friends

Hello PoM, I thought you only played R1?

Thank god for shield wall formation

My horse archers are almost entirely gone though

no - get attila on sale

I love how "attila is poorly optimized" has just gradually snowballed over time into obvious lies like this

I took a peak at ur profile & noticed that you play Civilization. So, I took a "totally random" look at how many people were playing that Civilization game,...& it was 26,000+......I was like Whaaa??

I believe, if people would try Attila...just once, they would NEVER play SM's Civilization again.
The Total War tittle series,.. (ecspecially this game, Attila) is the end-all-be all,..when it comes to turn based "history inspired" RPG's.

In fact, CA has payed so much attention to detail,..& thoroughly thought about all possible outcomes,.. that the end product is a REAL wrok of art.
And, the sheer nail biting,..gore drench excitement one get's when involved in a life or death battle down to the last man,..And these are very realistic battles! Battles that allow you to actually "toggle from bird's-eye view,..to first person view" so as to recieve a morale bonus when the game is on the line.

Seriously though, thisgame is so finely tuned & balanced that there is ..NO OTHER TITLE that even comes close to delivering the type of MIND-NUMBING, NUMBER CRUCNHING, TESTOSTERONE CHARGED challenge like Attila does!

It has it all!

Unstable for your toaster maybe

Here is a screen for carpet afecionados

VICTORY

RUN THEM DOWN

What kind of kills you want senpai

>recruit at 25% health
can't wait to be constantly attacked by ai armies at half health, or for the ai to just cheat to insta full health stacks
>outlying unwalled, ungarrisoned settlements
why bother investing anything into them whne they are a turn away from getting assfucked at any time
>war fervor
oh boy, war weariness, but now we can get mad that we aren't fighting as well
>unit caps
what, you wanted to make your own armies?
>rolling agents into retainers
aka spec into the replenishment guy every time
>siege mechanics
sieges? In MY early middle ages british isles? I don't think so buddy!

Well now.

yo, i think it might actually be him

cavalry in atilla is fucking broken

It's good if you like Wome 2

inflated FotE unit sizes + running down routers is probably why he got so many there, in mods like DeI/Fote it is really easy to get fuckhueg kill counts on cav since they tend to focus more on mass routs

Cavalry was OP in real history too.
One of the last patches to Attila added a ridiculous defense malus when cavalry tries to pull out of a battle though.

I like how agents work even on very hard

Them rebellions

MARSHAL THE PEASANTS

Comfy!

>AMD

Your own damn fault

Vlad von Carstein conquers your city, and since it's a level 3 settlement or above, installs this as your new mayor.

I'm just being helpful.

Is this just for when he's walking around the map on his own or does it transfer to a Lord's army as well?

>keeps the facial hair to hide that obvious baby face underneath

>tfw no Norsca

>Intel
How's it feel being completely computer illiterate?

No Hero trait that says "Lord's Army" does anything to the army he's embedded with. It only affects the Hero's army if it says "Hero's Army." No trait that says neither "Hero's" or "Lord's" army affects anything but that unit, except if it's stuff like the Lord's movement points, whose movement points are the whole stack's movement points. So, it only affects his movement range as an agent.

what would happen if I poke those tits with a needle?

Just a warning guys. TW Arena is absolute shit

I think significantly less blood than usual would be spilt, save for your own.

Whatever you say, poorfag

Maybe get a job so you can afford a real processor instead of mommys scraps yeah?

What's the difference between Lord's and Hero's army?

I'm sorry but he is right, AMD is cheaper and better than Intel.

>ywn toss your chamber pot contents out the window from your peasant penthouse to the much poorer peasants below you

OwO what's this?

>forget to douse cooking fire
woops

Man, you have no idea whatsoever how fucking compromised your piece of insecure shit Intel CPU is, do you? Did you completely miss the recent huge reveals arout Specter, Meltdown, AND the Intel Management Engine?
If a Lord's trait specifices "Lord's Army," then the trait affect everything in the army, unless it further specifies what kind of unit (like ranged, cavalry etc.). If a Hero's trait says "Lord's Army," then it doesn't actually affect the army the Hero is embedded in, because the Hero isn't a Lord. However, if a Hero's trait says "Hero's Army," then it affects the whole army (or further specified units in it). If the trait says neither Lord's or Hero's army, then it affects just that Lord or Hero.

>spectre and meltdown means ANYTHING at all on a consumer grade level

Stop posting, you don't know shit

If I take a doomwheel to fight the Tomb Kings, is it s Dune Wheel

user, if you have an Intel processor, it means your computer is not safely encrypted. It cannot be safely encrypted, and never will be safely encryped. Intel knew this, and tried to hide it from you, tried to smear AMD as being similarly insecure despite knowing this wasn't the case. Servers worldwide were fucked by Intel's lies and insecure piece of shit technology. You're a dumb motherfucker.

I haven't played Attila or Rome 2 in a while but I've forgotten how fucking terrible it looks. Even when you're running it on Extreme

If you pull into cinematic mode things look alright. But animations were still on par with Shogun 2 and everything just looks so Miserable. I played Fall of the Samurai recently and was fucking amazed by how the effects and foliage looked. Fuck, even Napoleon looked better than Rome II.

Did they just have some shit-tier B-team at CA make Rome II or something while the A-team worked on Warhammer?

>A-team worked on Warhammer
CA doesn't have A-team

the only thing keeping r2 from being the worst total war title is the existence of empire

Servers worldwide, user. I'm not denying big corporations got royally fucked, but to regular consumers it's irrelevant.

it was the shogun 1 team
the rugby b-team made rome 1 and everything else sans medieval 2

LMAO shut the fuck up idiot, that's 12k soldiers fully zoome dout, Attila is easily the best looking game in the series and Warhammer looks like utter dogshit, I mean if you take a screenshot of warhammer, it looks like someone has smeared dogshit on it.

No, regular customers felt it too, and your computer is still permanently vulnerable to any hacker who learns how to exploit these vulnerabilities. You will never have any safe information on your computer as long as you have an Intel CPU.

I unironically enjoyed Empire more than R2 simply because it changed the way you had to play TW games on a very fundamental level. I also bought it at launch when it was a broken piece of shit so I understand the vitriol but CA did eventually patch it back to working order. IMO they captured the pace and mechanics of pike & shot warfare as well as they could.

R2 on the other hand was a broken piece of shit that brought nothing new to the table, and still looks ugly as sin.

You compare apples to apples. You can play FotS with 12k units and zoomed out to max and it looks leagues better than that crock of horseshit. Maybe if you wiped the jizz out of your rentboy eyes you'd be able to see clearly

It was patched week 1 user, the performance repercussions from said fix are not felt on the consumer level.

Feel free to post a screenshot you imbecile, I just got done playing Shogun 2 and I know what the enviorments are like.

Meltdown was patched, Specter and the IME weren't, and the patch only affected it on the software level to make it harder to exploit, but the fundamental problem with Meltdown is that it's at the hardware level. You CANNOT, ever, make the Meltdown vulnerability go away on the hardware level.

Man, Medieval 2 was so good. I loved that your units strapped on better armor in-game when you update that unit's armor.

Even so, why do I even care as a consumer? I don't have any sensitive data that I just cannot allow someone else to see. Why should I even care? It's like being scared of cryptolockers

>Did they just have some shit-tier B-team at CA make Rome II or something while the A-team worked on Warhammer?

lol.

Because as soon as someone exploits it, your fancy passwords don't mean a thing. They can read your passwords as they are communicated between the unencrypted hardware level and the (hopefully) encrypted software level. They read them, and then they have complete access to your software, and can read anything they want, including shit like your bank account.

Well you're just proving his point. The right screenshot looks better by far.

>Reddit spacing

Yes, """""""his""""""" point, you're fucking pathetic.

So it's true.

CA doesn't have an A-team.

Cont: Or, if you're not old enough to have to pay your own taxes and such via your bank account online, then they can still easily gain enough info on you to steal your identity and do all manners of shit with it.

I like it very much, but that's probably my new appreciation I found in me for Rome 2 which I hted for so many years. Plus, if you already own Rome 2, it adds stuff to other campaigns too.

That right screenshot is from Shogun. It looks better. His point was that it doesn't.

2>3>>

It objectively looks the worst, your point is retarded because you are a troglodyte.

>implying s2 looks worse than r2
user get your head out of your ass

All sources I can find state that spectre WAS patched

My only counter source is some team red kid from Veeky Forums

I think I'll just keep my processor and enjoy my good performance

Oh really, the textures are slightly worse compared to Rome 2, they are abysmal compared to Attila, the shadows are also kinda shit but so are Rome 2's, Attila has much better shadows, the difference between Rome 2 and Shogun 2 while both look similar in terms of quality is that Rome 2 enviorments are much richer

Jesus, press account for Total War: Arena comes with a fucking "reviewer's guide" pdf, where they carefully explain how to "avoid beginners mistakes". It's literally step-by-step guide with instructions like this:
>select Germanicus
>give him 3 units of infantry
>select those consumables
>select X and Y

And after "are you experienced TW player?" comes pro tip - don't use militiades with cav! (after they literally states what's his good for).

I mean, it's not their fault most journos are fucking idiots, but Jesus.

Also, is TW: Arena discussed here?

Turns out it was, just a few days ago. Still vulnerable to Meltdown, still lying pieces of shit who knew about these issues without telling anyone. But if I'm your own source for this, boy howdy. Go ask /g/, why don't you?

>go ask a board that has been team red NEETs for years

Gee, I sure do wonder what they'll say

Probably pretend like Ryzen isn't a piece of shit

>Also, is TW: Arena discussed here?
I guess. Unless it becomes big enough to warrant it's own general.

Well, enjoy having your passwords and ID stolen, I guess. No skin off my back.

Vermintide 2 beta is online.

>"Yes it's still possible to set buildings on fire in battles via units with the raiders attribute, or through flaming arrows."
Well, fires are still in at least.

>Reddit spacing

I don't get this meme

From what I gather it's better performance but a miniscule, tiny risk of passwords stolen, causing me minor inconvenience

I liked the way WH1 did corruption effects on the campaign map better. It would creep in, warping parts of the land subtly until the land was totally changed. WH2 is too drastic.
>pools of lava and dead earth surrounding the town in a hundred mile radius
>9% corruption

>having your ID and bank pass stolen
>minor inconvenience
This is how I can tell you're underage.

I live in a first world country, so getting into my bank account isn't as easy as putting a damn password in. They also need a code from a clearance device which is separate from my computer. I don't know what to tell you if your bank is so shit you can get in through a fucking password.

>They also need a code from a clearance device which is separate from my computer
Which they can hijack since they can tell what it is while you're typing it into your account, assuming once again that they don't just steal your identity to do all the shit I hope you're aware ID thieves can do. Your fucking little clearance device is not adequate protection against someone who has complete access to your computer and everything it does or that you type into it. But, like I said, no skin off my back.

>Playing best Elves
>Sieging some shitty Brettonian peasants
>Suddenly beatmen warherd decides to fuck off from whatever they're doing at attack me
>Win, no major losses
>Brets decide to attack me
>no big deal, dead before they can reach my archers
>Skaven out of nowhere
>Literally just 3 full stacks of clanrats and slaves
>Shooting down wave after wave of fucking rats
>Everytime I kill a unit, another one just replaces it
>can't even pick off their general with my heroes because they have to wade through 600 fucking rats just to reach him

Fucking hell, rats are fucking terrifying

9% corruption is like an extra arm, I'd say that's really bad.

The code is randomized and is invalidated immediately upon use, as well as refreshes every minute, how do you not know how these things work? Do you live in Bolivia?

If the risk was actually big enough to matter, this thing would've blown up a shitload bigger and intel processors would no longer be sold because no company would want to deal with the fallout caused by someone getting his identity stolen because he purchased a processor from them. Team red is blowing shit out of proportion as they always do every single time.

And even if it turns out it really is some huge risk, what's stopping me from buying a shitty laptop with an AMD processor for my banking needs?

That moment when you realize there are more rats than there are arrows.

G O B L I N S