/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=234Y76_3YPE
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com
youtube.com/results?search_query=botw cemu 1.11 60fps 1080p
github.com/marco9999/orbum
github.com/libretro/docs/blob/master/docs/compilation/ps3.md
github.com/libretro/docs/blob/master/docs/compilation/xbox.md
github.com/libretro/docs/tree/master/docs/compilation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>meme lines

cringe

>I never found these tests massively useful from a developer's perspective: since they're closed source you never really know what's going right or wrong
Do you think SP would be receptive to creating a bounty for an open source playstation test suite? I think that'd certainly be a good cause, giving back to the community and aiding software preservation.

It's all about meme lines and bloom.

>MAME is so inaccurate that it can be used to prove someone cheated.

youtube.com/watch?v=234Y76_3YPE

Oh fuck off with this bullshit already. No one gives a fuck but you.

>>MAME is so inaccurate that it can be used to prove someone cheated.
Isn't that just old versions?

>retroarchleaks.wordpress.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daniel must pay for his crimes, desu.

It does the sliding effect now, but it still doesn't perfectly match what real hardware does.

>but it still doesn't perfectly match what real hardware does.

Who is this?

why doesn't rpcs3 have transferable shader cache? Even if a game runs at full speed it's still unplayable because of comping shaders all the time.

Minimum specs to run 60 fps on a decent resolution for Botw in CEMU?

Did you try searching youtube for (botw 60fps 1080p cemu version#) and finding the lightest rig that managed?

Bit of a stretch, but does anyone have a working link to "testpack.nds" used in conjuction with VGMToolbox to rip .2sf files? All the links I'm finding are dead.
>CRC32
FB16DF0E
>MD5
3D902DED2E237D9D0A329E3BC8C0A577
>SHA1
7B23ABA82BA2957B3D5FC12B4FA99F02DA6FF766

>google testpack.nds download
>click youtube video in first link
>download zip in description
Shit that was hard.

Well. I didn't expect someone to prepack it into a zip since supposedly it's purposely kept separate for whatever fucking reason, fucking fuck my last 30 minutes of digging through spanish forums with dead mediafire links

I was replaying Chrono Cross on my desktop and got a good chunk in. Life circumstances mean I'll be emulating on my tablet for the foreseeable future. Can I transfer saves between windows and android versions of epsxe?

You can transfer memory card saves across every functional psx emulator.

That's great news, thanks user.

PS2 emulator on android, worth even trying yet?

not many videos with that description

youtube.com/results?search_query=botw cemu 1.11 60fps 1080p

I actually want to thank you for bringing up that page user.

It made me realize today, especially on the byuu section, how far I actually gone in the wrong direction.

At some point indeed you have to just let go of all that negativity, especially if its towards one person who you perceive wronged you 10+ years ago.

Its quite jarring indeed to see what I wrote on that #retroarch channel. I am thinking that associating with it was a major mistake, but I don't know how to undo all the damage, direct and collateral I caused to everyone and myself.

I used to go on /v/ and /pol/ and get into these long-winded arguments for hours, to the point that instead of relaxing and playing vidya, I'd be sitting there hammering away at my keyboard trying to win arguments. I was depressed as fuck, and I'd get this momentary high from being right and "winning" the argument, and then I'd go find another asshole with a shit opinion and start all over again. A few months ago I said fuck it, no more 8/pol/, no more 8/v/ I stayed here since /emugen/ feels like home and is far too slow to really get into big arguments. With that change of environment, I ended up playing through more games in two months than I had played over the last few years, and while I'm still depressed, I no longer feel like eating a bullet every day.

When you feel yourself slipping into one of those depressive black holes, even a temporary change of environment can provide relief and stop you from going over the edge.

my controller suddenly stopped working in Retroarch.
works in literally everything else, but somehow it just stopped working in Retroarch. Tried a fresh install, and it still doesn't work somehow (even though the configs are default).
disconnecting/reconnecting the controller doesn't help. Tried fiddling with pretty much any input setting in Retroarch that might've caused this, didn't help.
Restarting my PC doesn't help.
Its a DS4 I'm using through DS4Windows (so its pretty much just xinput) if that helps.
How do I fix this?

Does Beetle PSX work yet?

Should I be using a proxy to download ROMs?

If you're not already using a VPN to post on 4chins, you're fucked either way.

Post the horsepussy already!

/emugen/ does not support piracy!

just as the developers intended

if you're downloading directly from nintendo, yes.

if you're using the superior 3dsiso so your 3ds rom collection is in pristine collection instead with perfect dumps that can be modded, no.

3ds is shit
3dsiso is worse

>3dsiso is worse

explain

Thought already some VPNs are blocked by 4ch. Thus needing to pay for a 4ch pass.

>1.7.1
>bilinear still enabled by default
this is a crime against clean visuals

when

>tales
Hopefully never. Go play a good western rpg like Andromeda or Fallout 4.

You should be using shaders anyway.

Maximo Army of zin guy again. Got it to work at 60fps by turning on skipdraw to 1 in OGL. Causes very slight glitches in a few areas, but not a major issue.

Why doesn't PCSX2 have a Vulkan renderer btw?

i agree, but the default shouldn't be blurred dogshit.

Same reason it has a UI from 2003. All the devs worth a shit left a long time ago.

>not DX

Why isn't there a good Game Boy Color/Advance shader like this?

The alternative is uneven dogshit if you're not running a handheld game that has square pixels.

enjoy your stuttering

>skipdraw

My last handheld was a gbc, so I can't compare it in person, but what's wrong with this one?

It would be great if I was an ant

heh, maybe libretro can rescue it?

At that zoom level, there really isn't anything wrong with it. It looks pretty damn close to my GBA screen, albeit more visible.
The problem is that it's kinda fucking huge.

>>not DX
muh screen warp glitch

cgwg's LCD shader is OK. It's not sharp but it's similar to how your eyes perceive the LCD screen without a magnifying glass.

Harlequin's LCD shader is sharper but the default settings are not accurate and it seems a bit unfinished and has alignment issues

>muh screen warp glitch
Why are you speedrunning with RetroArch?

how the fuck am i supposed to work on yuzu if nobody will give me switch dumps?

The Hero of PS2 emulation. It's a 100% rewrite and they're already quite far already

github.com/marco9999/orbum

You need games first before you can dump anything.

are they going to add dynamic rate control? Then it's totally pointless.

So I'm new to the drama, what's with all the shit about Beetle PSX? I had trouble setting it up comfortably at first, but ever since I optimized my laptop for emulation it "just works."

Is this a developer issue or is it just not up to par?

recaptcha disappeared and nobody knew what to do

So the original dev is MIA and the other people are fucking up his work now?

ya that's pretty much retroarch in a nutshell

>user runs ps1 tests comparing beetle with mednafen
>uncovers a few accuracy problems
>simias leaps into action and begins solving problems
And that's where we are now.

>his

That's not saint recaptcha. You should stop browsing /r9k/ you degenerate.

If you're not smart enough to find dumps, then there's no way you're smart enough to contribute to a Switch emulator.

Happening to know the location of something others don't while gloating about it does not make you smarter then them, it just makes you a faggot.

>Happening to know the location of something others don't while gloating about it does not make you smarter then them
No, but knowing how to google does.
>it just makes you a faggot.
Says the fag jerking off to a fictional water fox.

>bullying vaporeon
you better stop it!

>liking a literal faggot vp tripfag
Go back.

bump

What are you emulating, bros?

>playing the beta version

Not that shit.

Maybe, the problem is that the set of people having the hardware and know-how to make it happen might not be motivated by that (I know I'm not).

Yeah at some point you need to let go of the constant negativity, it doesn't achieve anything and it's really bad for your mental health in the long run. I enjoy Veeky Forums's anarchic creativity and political incorrectness but these past years it seems to have shifted from "I don't give a fuck about anything" to "I hate everything". Maybe I'm just getting old.

pls no bulli

> I stand by the fact that, for the most part, the inaccuracies are not caused by the various enhancement hacks I'm familiar with (GTE overclock, CPU overclock, GPU increased IR, HW rendering glue etc...).
I figured it was mostly lack of updating the code. I'm not against these hacks, and I appreciate some of them like upressing or OCing.

>I think the main reason I never though of it is because I never found these tests massively useful from a developer's perspective: since they're closed source you never really know what's going right or wrong.
I don't blame you and I actually agree. Running closed sourced tests is not an ideal way to test. Has anyone ever ran these tests on ps2, psp, or ps3 though?

> There's probably a lot of room for improvement here but I think radius will face many of the same issues in his port no matter what.
I'm sure you're probably right about it. I'd wager that his success will largely depend on how much free time he has.

>Admittedly if he doesn't drop the C++11 requirement like beetle does it might help significantly.
I agree, which is why I don't count on him dropping the C++11 requirement.

>Take that SLOT BR test that failed, do you know what that was about?
No clue lol.

Is it true you have beef against SP? Some anons accused you of being that retroarch leak guy, iirc. I assumed it wasn't true, as it didn't make sense.

>psp, or ps3 though?
PSP and PS3 yes, it's on the wiki, not PS2 afaik, which would be interesting to do considering it does emulate quite a lot of stuff instead of being true hardware BC like many people claim.

When's the next CXBX Reloaded progress report?

ps2 hunting games with widescreen patches

>github.com/libretro/docs/blob/master/docs/compilation/ps3.md
>404
>github.com/libretro/docs/blob/master/docs/compilation/xbox.md
>404
>github.com/libretro/docs/tree/master/docs/compilation
>deleted and recreated 2h ago to hide criminal activity
>senpai noticed me!
>senpai, delete this screenshot too!

Why so much drama at all times?

>Can't play SM64/OOT on angrylion even at 320x240 under any video driver at a consistent speed

God dammit. I remember half a year ago being able to do it just fine somehow. Maybe it is Windows 8.1? Maybe my i5 4460 being a dick after the whole meltdown/spectre shit?

Are you still banned from /r/emulation?

I don't think they lift those censorship bans.

banning gang stalking is not censorship

Nope, I don't at all.

Having a bunch of people calling you the same names at the same time is something that would happen if you were being gang stalked, but it's also entirely possible you actually just a dumb asshole that everyone hates.

>01:07 2 - because of 1), they give you stuff like g-sync and fastsync
>01:08 or a lame proprietary ripoff of freesync
Nvidia's G-sync was made available to the market about 8 months earlier than VESA Adaptive Sync and they had it for display in conferences for even longer.

And it prevents you from setting max swapchain images to 1 in Vulkan because G-Sync requires 2 to be active. Much latency wow.

File a bug report to Nvidia, don't complain in here and hope for things to change.

>PS2 emulator on android, worth even trying yet?
DamonPS2 and prey, if your device can't run it then give up.

>DamonPS2 and pray
Fixed that for me.

Figures. What's the next best way to play them n64 games on an emulator?

Buy an N64+flashcart