/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Dead at the gates again edition. Phonemade copypaste shub-edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: in next patch: various weapon/champion rebalance (rumors for same base speed and hard cap speed for every champ, also introducing various soft cap accelerations), 2v2 and Instagib. Anarki is crying in the corner like a little bitch.
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

Dusk News: The first ever DUSKWorld 1v1 Tournament is happening on Friday, February 23rd at 4pm Central time (10pm GMT). Game is still in beta, and devs want it to be low key for now. Bugfixes and third person flip animations this week.

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA [Open]
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM [Open]
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg [Open]
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1 [Open]
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4 [Open]
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c [Open]

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Second carcass of your incompetence:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!eHh1EQZI!6SgRWSwZNxS3_gL1bnyJyI7ZBOm4431vep3MenGI8bU
mediafire.com/file/wyjaa1yqh47nel7/QC03.7z
twitch.tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

threads aren't abandoned for very long before they die, it's quite obnoxious

need degenerate waifu shitposting to keep pace with other generals, obviously

I was tempted to use this pic for the OP.

When's the upcoming devstream

devstream is ???
community stream is tomarrow

sqzthot is incredibly attractive and I want to mash

Bloody hell!

>dahang ALSO has drops off
this is not ok

?

they claim it's a bug with twitch not showing the correct thing. drops are enabled on their streams

I just saw some guy in TDM that was lvl 33 who basically didn't jump at all, just walked from place to place

How do you play the game that much without grasphic the very very basics of the movement

Maybe he is so high-level he doesn't need to jump to win anymore

damn thats next level

...Did you take a photo of your monitor?

remember when we had incremented health values of 25?
who's idea do you think that was?

I think it was Sync's idea after reading misguided feedback, or his compromise for not wanting to get rid of the excessively client-side shit they got going on. "I'll give everything more HP so shooter's advantage is not THAT painful"
It ruined Duel IMO. Duel was tight and well-balanced and a lot more fun when a single mistake was severely costly. Now everyone can tank a lot of stuff, including 3 rails from spawn for most chars

you don't remember

I'm talking about health globes and light armors always healing you to a flat value of 25, 50, 75, 100, etc. so if you were at 60 hp and got a health globe, you'd be at 75, or if you were at 70, you'd be brought to 100. It used to be that way

I thought you meant the +25HP buffs
Yeah, the removal of that was also on the same patch IIRC.
I'm not sure what was supposed to add to the game

HUH

life's a penis and the shaft is quake

>say anything aside from "gg" or "glhf" in duel
>opponent flies into an autistic fury

So in the new Quake comic there is how many visors exactly? 2? 3?

FFS always when yurofags go to sleep the thread dies. Americucks move your ass.

Nearly twenty, I think, if I'm remembering his lore right. Three of them survived the process total, and one of those three died when the Russkies tried reverse-engineering him. The two left are Visor and Prime, whoever that is, the one referenced in the comic and Visor's Lore skin- which is a bit of a flip-flop from Q3A as in Q3, it was implied that Visor himself was the original ('Visor Prime'), and Gorre and the other unseen mask-dudes were the clones.

>/arena/ pussies didn't even play 10 duels to qualify

Is that true or you are just shy to post your bronze trench, shitters? :^)
Well, I guess I'm simply the best player here. Even after 15 years of not playing any FPS games nu-/v/ can't get on the same level with true quakedads like me.

that's about 150 points under that one tranny acrylicass who basically walks into all situations with rail out

Well s(he) is quite good.

wherever I am I must also frag

>rocket jump away
>shooter clearly fires rocket at where you were, because you're looking down at it
>get hit for 100 damage as if that rocket were a direct
>both of us are less than 40 ping

>no patches
>no cosmetics
>no players

dead game
dead thread

come talk to me when you reach 2100, shitter :)

using cheats is pretty fun though

go home ivan

at least you can see damage numbers in qc

in pubg there was nothing more frustrating than spraying a dude and never knowing if i even hit him since blood splatter alone didn't tell me shit. worst hitreg in any game i've ever played by far

>at least QC netcode is better than
weww at least we cleared the lowest bar

all these shit FPS netcodes just makes me appreciate the incredible feat of engineering that was Planetside 2

playing popular shooters will make anyone appreciate every little crumb that qc gives

don't make me think about planetmans

VS for life, be subjugated by our infilbutts

huh

Patch when?!

Next month?

Why are you torturing me like this.

does anyone have the full blyat comic?

mega.nz/#!eHh1EQZI!6SgRWSwZNxS3_gL1bnyJyI7ZBOm4431vep3MenGI8bU

no longer available

awww... I'll fix something quick

>that old quake 1 slipgate
hell yeah

I always thought that the center piece teleported you but apparently it appears behind it.

mediafire.com/file/wyjaa1yqh47nel7/QC03.7z
pass: hunterwhen

>filesize is diffrent from the original upload
>This file was uploaded from Poland on February 23, 2018 at 7:04 AM

danks mang

I repacked it back (because I deleted original package) and I probably used diffrent compression than original uploader.

>watch option
>can't find anything to record a match
or its a pay feature?

it’s to watch twitch streamers

so its for nothing
too bad, sometimes i find how i fuck up by watching my own gameplay to improve

devs said demos are coming but desu they should already be in

Devs say a lot of shit

>DUSKWorld 1v1 tournament is on
>Nobody reminds
the state of /arena/fucks

>Nobody reminds
its in the OP you idiot

>Nobody is streaming or even casting the tournament
Top game

tournament will start in 4h30m dumbos

>DUSK

Bi-weekly QC community stream is up

>It's a community cucks episode
Might as well not watch, the only times we ever get decent info is when Tim or Sync are there

>The Nailgun, Clutch and Galena are problems for Duel and we're going to fix that
Well, fuck
Galena may deserve a slight nerf, but I think Clutch is OK
And as long as by "Nailgun" they mean the starting one. SNG should be left as it is (I know they will nerf its knockback)

>no update this month

>no speedcaps
can you smell that?

>No speed cap for everyone (Visor-like)
>lower accelerations
We already knew as of the last stream, but damn, the feel of the game will change significantly
It's kinda annoying having gotten used to movement one way and it changes this wildly

>mfw they'll probably just straight up nerf Galena
They oughta just rework her ability. Hell, I'd be happy if you were immune to triggering her totems for a quick moment when you go through a teleporter to put an end to that gay, unfun playstyle.

lmao, answers are already done and they're playing TDM (very poorly)
Nice stream, faggots

I think they'll just revert last buff to her totems. No big deal.

>They're aiming for 15th March update
FML

Nothing new

Man even I am better than this guys at QC. Do they let bad players play on purpose?

They're "community managers". It's their job. They probably don't give much of a fuck about QC and I doubt they play it on their free time

>New patch same day as exams are done
Neat

I think they were more focused on chat rather on game.

>rather than*
I'm tired, excuse me.

definitely /ourguy/

q4max on crawlingchaos boys

fuck I slept past community stream
pls

>It's kinda annoying having gotten used to movement one way and it changes this wildly

I'm too excited to care

if you're big head in the FPS community you're not allowed to blast things like OW publicly.
If there's just a chance that these mongo money companies like Blizzard will pay you money for your pizza bills just for sitting down and playing or talking about some video game, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
But they know, as high calibur FPS players, that OW is absolute trash, and they likely hold a deep level of hatred for the game in secret.

Is he our guy? I don't know. But this sentiment of hatred for the bullshit that is these other FPS games IS EVERYTHING that's driving the interest in QC. You can drop a bomb in some random QC player grouping like
>mercy rez
and it's like tossing a frag grenade in swimming pool.

>and it's like tossing a frag grenade in swimming pool.
you go to jail? I don't get it.

Also you're wrong, look at Carnage, he plays Overwatch and Fortnite and shuns Quake Champions.

>Carnage, he plays Overwatch and Fortnite and shuns Quake Champions.
that's because carnage is garbage at QC, he simply moved on to something easier
he might've been hot shit in 2009-2010 in tf2 and probably thought that since QC was le mobaquake he could easily get to the top
and then got destroyed both in duel and sac

I just remembered that by missing the stream I *also* missed the giveaways
FUCK
FUCK my LIFE

>tfw got a chest from the stream
it's something

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMM
twitch.tv
/videos/232022848?t=00h10m30s

Some great q4max games tonight bros

won't removing speed caps just make slash unstoppable? she's literally braindead easy to get to + retain 600 on currently and that's with the maps actively working to stop her.

Why hasn't any Arena fps done what EA Sports did with yearly releases on similar but updated maps? Unreal Tournament had 2003 and 2004 but then they decided to put all their effort into Gears of War and Gears of War first person mode/UT3.

we have these things called online patches and DLC now

there's a lot of factors involved. we just have to wait and see

The real question is what's the point of Visor now?

fuck online patches and DLC! I miss when the dev gave up updating past day 3 and the community fixed the game for years to come and the devs only ever returned for an expansion pack or announcing some other dev was making a spin-off like Enemy Territory.

cheeki breeki

maybe they can give him the quickest acceleration?