/fhg/ For Honor General

Test your metal 2 edition

Could not kill the wolf.
>Test your metal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=oO8qCCu4mHY [Open]

>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>Season 5 Gear
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308763971748626433/415620805276467210/Apollyon_Event_Gears.pdf

>For Honor v1.19 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides (outdated, ask your fellow anons)
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Max Punish Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Bz66Heq
youtube.com/watch?v=litQNblifPg&list=PLjfXXtdLMfZWImT1IIP8GMnJoGonOXBbp&index=6
youtu.be/eeJ-z6lgojU?t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=sSK0k_aHiWk
youtube.com/watch?v=3NlEOkh7ZFU
youtu.be/mf2fi_I0jGY
youtube.com/watch?v=2FiyAOa6Lk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SCOTLAND

fuck nobushits

Obligatory banner witch.

NO
O
LASSES
A
S
S
E
S
ALLOWED
L
L
O
W
E
D

discord.gg/Bz66Heq

green and yellow

Fuck off

Best colour sceme-thing in the game, 100%

>ken-sama gets inducted into the iron legion

will we ever get more heavies

Why is Valkyrie so perfect bros? Big, tall and strong.
I wish I was a manlet with big Valkyrie wife, who'd bully me alot but would fight in my name after I lost an arm or leg in war.

Valk the impaler 4 life

superior genes
and a culture of WOLVES

That sums up me trying to main Valk lately, user.
T-Thanks for the reminder....

How am I suppose to get a good at a class that im not good at? If I go into duels I get destroyed because I dont know my class very well, and if I go into 4v4s I just get ganked by flavor of the month shitters. I want to learn new classes but I just can't. And I mean sure I can always hop onto my main and fucking annihilate all those cancerous little fucks but then what, I don't learn anything new. Playing with bots is meaningless because they fight so differently from players.

Play with bots (the event) to practice the moveset.
When you're dead watch other people who're playing that class to see what their techniques are.
Also ask them about it.

Post some characters you play and music you often listen to when playing them. I will start.

youtube.com/watch?v=litQNblifPg&list=PLjfXXtdLMfZWImT1IIP8GMnJoGonOXBbp&index=6

>tfw unlocking all your feats with one swing

youtu.be/eeJ-z6lgojU?t=23s

they opened for sabaton and were actually really good
youtube.com/watch?v=sSK0k_aHiWk

>tfw someone saves your webm and uses it to reply to you.
Practice deflecting instead of parrying. Valk gets guaranteed GB of her Deflects since they're superior blocks. You can also do a pin by pressing R2 that does 25 Bleed damage and follow it up with a dashing light for 17 direct damage.
If they're on 20% stamina, usually after parrying and you land a GB. Tap GB so you do a slight headbutt. This will put them OOS, and knock them down. So you can do your OOS punish.
Also even though her OOS punish is unsafe you can react to the person, if they don't do anything it's alright. If they go for a GB hit them with a light.

youtube.com/watch?v=3NlEOkh7ZFU

That neck angle does not look healthy.

any ideas for next hero set of heavies?

Sorry fat boy vanguards are coming

whats the punish?
can you make a little guide on attacks and moves that are good?

why do heavies get the short end of the stick?

Most likely vanguards and heavies. I say vangaurds since Ubi just recesitated this games health and probably wants to introduce some new commanders to the field that lead the charge in clearing B.

>gladiator is a thraex with a retiarius fuscina instead of a sica
Why, though? They could have used the proper equipment and naming conventions and pumped out a lot of different roman gladiatorial characters instead of just calling it a "gladiator"

>realismfags

>yet another sica fag

One name over all the types, to just allow for more armor user. Realism aside, they just wanted another Roman that looked cool. So at the end of the day, boohoo and oh well.

youtu.be/mf2fi_I0jGY

I love this game but the gear system is retarded.

Look at Max Punish guide. Though of HB if they're too far away instead of heavy I think you'll be doing a dash light. Valk legit suffers from terrible chains, case of lights that get parried and non guaranteed damage. Everything you do is technically reactable and heavily punishable. You basically are going to be relying more on mixups and mindgames and hoping your opponent doesn't has good enough reactions to block 500ms.

Use your first light to quickly poke but don't do it alot.
Throw out heavies, feint them or cancel them onto bash.
From the bashes either do a delayed light or sweep.
If they start dodging your sweep stop sweeping.
Delay your lights as much as possible, since Valkyrie is forced to use second lights after landing a heavy or first light try to time your second light as late as possible.
If you are going for a third light, do a top one. Side ones stun, but serve no purpose. Top one has good tracking and deals 20 damage compared to 10.
Light-Light-Heavy chain is good since alot of people will think you're doing a sweep, you can get a feint-gb off, or just let it go and catch their dodge.
Your dash light counts as chain starter so second light into heavy works.
Her all block has superior block, so if you do it and someone attacks you instead of doing a charged bash do a dash-forward into guaranteed guardbreak.

just play ranked then

oh wait...

Ranked and brawls eliminate fear. 1v1 features no gear either

INCREDIBILIS!

>enemy team goes from behind by 600 points to suddenly forcing us into breaking with only two points flipping

Why cant i get any matches on PS4? I dueled one guy for like an hour straight, and that was fun. Is it because im new and no one is unprestiged anymore?

How the fuck can you dodge Highlander's kick feint into caber toss? I consider myself preddy gud and I still get fucked by it, it seems like the window to dodge the grab is WAY too small

Also rate my Conq

nice
how do i cancel bash into grab though?

I can't recall which, but you have to dodge either really early or really late. There's footage of a Berzerker doing it.

you cant
you either dodge the kick or the grab
if you have fast dodges you can backdash into roll
fast attack it maybe

>Play these dead queues instead guy

You don't. :^) You have to commit to the bash.
If they dodge it they get free GB.
Valk is pretty much high risk-low reward hero.
You can cancel the shield crush, all block bash into top dashing light though if you press light attack, but yeah.

It's legit 50/50. You basically have to take a guess and dodge to the kick or wait for them to cancel to grab and dodge it instead.
You can also dodge the kick backwards then cancel your dodge onto roll but timing is pretty strict for this. You can also do a quick light trade if you see them go into OS.
I think Kensei's dashing heavies are one of those attacks that lets you survive it. Peacekeeper's too, considering the amount of time mercy dash heavied me.

Kniggers:
Maul wielder

Kangs:
Atgeir wielding Varangian

Nips:
Sashimono wearing Otsuchi wielder

>friendly lawtist is honor fagging Apollyon on final round.

How much harder is she to fight now?

>Knights get Varangian
>the guard literally made out of Vikings
>"The Varangians was the name given by Greeks, Rus' people and Ruthenians to Vikings"

user

More health, hyper armored side lights, Sheild that activates on final round or near it

Go read the Reverse Chivalry story in the Veeky Forums archive.

>tfw playing conq and just casually pressing allblock since even the lvl 3 AI attacks it all the time
once you get the damage on bash unlocked its all over

Read that again, you bonehead.

But in reality a Varangian hero could work both ways because of their huge ties to both Vikings and Rome

IMO pretty fair challenge to fight, feels like she uses bombs more often.. Gudmundr is still the hardest and most fun to fight. Tozen I haven't really fought but it looks like he's in his second form now, IIRC he was in the first stage right?

This. Dont be afraid to ask for help, you'll be surprised. but only if you have honor

INCREDIBILIS

>How the fuck can you dodge Highlander's kick feint into caber toss

Top light him

He was in his armour for the first week of Test Your Metal.

I am related
I won't even correct "related" into retarded.

Y-Yeah.

This

An ottoman sipahi in the Knights faction would be kinda cool. They arent all christians any more anyway.

>tozen still not using shadow clone jutsu

>Rus' people

Weren't the Rus vikings themselves?

Kangz: Shieldmaiden. Xtra curvy.

Knights: Some kinda Paladin-type with sword/board

Weebs: I dunno some japo shit

As long as ubi doesn't use the spelling of "kijil" instead of "kilij" like in AC.

I hate Kniggers

Sorry kiddos no heroes are coming

Orochi rework should give mail armor too. Seriously, the current season 5 menu screen shows him with mail. The character icon when scavenging has mail. Instead, we get a person walking around with planks for torso armor that doesn't even look properly fitted to the body. Most cucked hero in FH ever since they scrapped the Oni design.

I found an even faster way to cheese the test your metal AI than PK dodge turtling, pick LB
>Parry a heavy
>light attack parry follow up stuns them
>they eat chained top heavy bc stunned, this stuns them
>they eat ad mortem bc stunned, this stuns them
>shove
>top heavy
>ad mortem
>shove
>repeat until they or dead or you are about to run out of stamina

If you parry a light just go into the ad mortem and keep doing that combo

it works on the bots about 3/4 of the time because the UI stun makes them stupid, I guess ubi wanted to make stun effective against bots and they just throw random shit while you combo them

and if your teammates aren't shit you can gank with shove-top heavy-top heavy or long arm if you don't care about landing the kill

similarly parrying a heavy as raider and chaining the light it gets you into a chain finisher zone, or parrying a light and chaining the top heavy into zone, it's almost too easy

Knights : Tower Shield + Warpick.
Vikings : Grugg. A guy with club/baseball bat who has ranged attacks. Picks up stones from ground and hits them with his club to do 10 ranged damage and stun. If parried grug is stunned himself but takes no damage.
Samurai : A Monk with Sanjiegun. inb4chink

>keep getting matched up against the same try hard premade in Tribute again and again
At least I finally got the order finished but Highlander is fucking disgusting now, christ.

>lose to a shug and reworked Zerk on the Xbox as Highlander in brawl
>shug messages me saying “rekt :)” and “bad kid”
>next brawl match as raider against and win 3-0 with a random roach on my team
He has been sending messages for the past 2 minutes. Do I respond now or just keep letting the anger build?

Just say "rekt :)" and block him

Let it build then give a kind response to rustle his jimmies.

rule of cool probably
that or they are just harder to design
or they are seen as part of the defense meta problem, but that's funny given that assassins are bigger turtles

In the video I listed above, it all comes down to weapon first user. Now tell which weapon off the top of your hand do you think belongs in a heavies hand.
>kanabo was medium sized, nothing special. So they made it bigger
Now I’m not saying it is impossible or they won’t do it. But it all comes down to weapon, I’m sure they have something cooking

I like to send the ingame quickchat messages to them
like saying
Thanks!
Good Fight!
I got this!

This has gotten me a lot of hate

do the question mark

>the loser says GG. the winner saying GG is smug faggotry
Some have spammed wow when they win. I think they are mocking me.

hmm
Romans, celts, underworld eh?

Vanguards
Knights get a robe-wearing 2hspear praetorian
Kangz get chainmail celt with long-handled axe & hexagonal pavise
Weebs get, shit I don't know, something anime like a fucking razor-fan geisha

Fat boys
Knights get a heavily-armored scissor gladiator
Kangs get a blue-painted fur-wearing club-wielding beastman
Weebs get a sloppy, dishonorable spear-ronin in full battle gear

I usually just spam Thanks! if I wanna generate some salt

sometimes I press "Wow!" Instead by mistake and instantly rush to write an apology so that people do not think I am an asshole. I also never ledge even if I got ledged in the previous round and never say anything mean. When people are playing with me I want them to be having fun instead of feeling frustrated.

I hope, but from a design standpoint, more in terms of new mechanics than character concept it would be a lot easier to design more vanguards, because they are a middle ground class, or "hybrid" because it can be applied retroactively to whatever design they come up with

Salt or Down the Hatch? Also what are they releasing next week? Any ideas on what the rewards are for playing every week?

Goldshit, but I've seen worse.

Paladin hero FUCKING WHEN

Except all their attacks become unblockable pft

Paladin heroes FUCKING WHEN

>Dom
>enemy team is breaking
>last guy is a Warden me and another Cent track down to a corner
>he tries to zone but is blocked by the wall
>we just kick him to death while he can't escape
INCREDIBILIS

Soon

I remember being super happy when /fhg/ got it's first discord and then being confused and bummed when it fell apart and the board became vocally anti-skub.
Why can't you all get along?
Do you all have annoying Rick Moranis/Jerry Lewis voices?

On console this is worse, was tilting really bad and got bodied by a rep 8 warden (I was playing as rep 11 warden) and they just said wow after every fight and slow walked, they also had the black iron, crown helm, bright effects, sports emotes, overcrowded paint and engravings, the standard obnoxious warden getup.
It was very irritating but then I crushing counterstriked a couple of times in a row and he forfeited so it wasn't too bad

Emblems each week if you manage to beat the mode each new week. Emblem outline if you do all weeks

youtube.com/watch?v=2FiyAOa6Lk8

Paladins are cucks. Death knights when?

Appropriate, low-effort mocking response

low-effort evil response & passive-aggressive