/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 23rd of February:
303 – Roman emperor Diocletian orders the destruction of the Christian church in Nicomedia, beginning eight years of Diocletianic Persecution.
532 – Byzantine emperor Justinian I orders the building of a new Orthodox Christian basilica in Constantinople – the Hagia Sophia.
1455 – Traditional date for the publication of the Gutenberg Bible, the first Western book printed with movable type.
1554 – Mapuche forces, under the leadership of Lautaro, score a victory over the Spanish at the Battle of Marihueñu in Chile.
1820 – Cato Street Conspiracy: A plot to murder all the British cabinet ministers is exposed.
1836 – Texas Revolution: The Siege of the Alamo (prelude to the Battle of the Alamo) begins in San Antonio, Texas.
1847 – In Mexico, American troops under future president General Zachary Taylor defeat Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
1854 – The official independence of the Orange Free State is declared.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwiOP_VqLYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What.

Literally, what the fuck is this autistic shitpost supposed to be?

Nobody but you finds this funny, pal.

Best fun I've had in a while.

Give me some objective on Meiou

Play a better gsg game

Christianize China

My online friends prefer EUIV over CK2 due to how "calm" and less "micromanagey" EUIV is compared to CK2. This can't be the only reason why people actually like EUIV over the other gsg right?

these borders as spain

>playing a reformed Germanic pagan Scandinavia run
>have one slavic vassal who keeps invading Pomerania and taking their territory
>ruining my aesthetic borders, but ah well
>ruler dies in battle
>heir takes over
>immediate Christian holy war for Pomerania
>get the shit beaten out of me
>surrender
>factions out the ass
>forced to give up the throne
>new ruler gets into seven fucking wars, loses Scotland, and nearly loses the Baltics
I'm fucking executing that bastard slav once I get back in power

I just won HoI 3 and all of its DLC in a giveaway. What are some good tutorials to watch?

You'll get assfucked either way.

start as Poland and learn through baptism by fire

Just play Canada

This day in history, 23rd of February:
2018- user the retard, first of his name, gets destroyed by Poland as German. May God have mercy on his retarded soul.

Dead mods should be removed from the OP, After the End for example is dead as can be.

Sounds like a plan!

>Third Odyssey mod is adding Exiled Zoroastrian Persians and possibly Exiled Song Dynasty Chinese

Neat

what exactly are you on about

Is this a good enough CSA?

Look at the op, half the mods on it arent active. Even shit like DH Kaiserreich, infamously dead, has updated more recently than half of what is up there.

I don't get the color distinctions.

If it works, why does it matter if it's being continually updated?

fuck my bad, white owned, blue meme expansions, red puppets
Not picture is Liberia as a colony where I deported all the blacks after I ban slavery when industrialization come around

>Liberia as a colony where I deported all the blacks
What mod?

you absolute spastic
how does a mod being updated make it better than one finished years ago

>That feeling when you live in a world with 2 mexicos, both of which have been under your rulership

Either take all of Mexico, or take none of it. Current US-Mexico border is GOAT, specially with that river in Texas.

Well take for example my own mod, legends of Acratica, for EU4. It's not as old as Kaiserreich, but if anything being fresher and having an active developer (myself) makes it better.

PLEASE be bait

Some of them don't even work with the current versions of their games. After the End for example is dead and not compatible with CK2 currently.

>303 – Roman emperor Diocletian orders the destruction of the Christian church in Nicomedia, beginning eight years of Diocletianic Persecution.
>532 – Byzantine emperor Justinian I orders the building of a new Orthodox Christian basilica in Constantinople – the Hagia Sophia.
Is it fair to say Rome was anti-Christian, the Roman empire died when they adopted christianity, and "Byzantium" was a bunch of Greeks essentially prestige whoring the title?

No.

i literally played after the end today
not compatible my ass

>Have two sons
>split the empire and give one half to one and the other half to another
>one son's line fucks it up and it falls
>the other keeps it alive for much longer
>THAT HALF IS NOT ROMAN BECAUSE IT CHANGE RELIGION!

Come on.

I plan on writing a decision/event chain that I can fire after 1880ish that will deport them
Plan is to divide my states into 4 sections (Think like west of the Mississippi, Maryland-Virginia-NC-SC, Geo-Flor-Miss-Alab, Tenn-Kent-WVirg) and have a section deport their black pops to one of the 4 provinces in Liberia(Which I'll own from a custom event after the Civil War transferring it over to the CSA as a slave base in Africa)
I also plan on editing the save files every so often to change every pop in Texas to Texan culture, hoping for a good chuck of Texan pops by the end
I'm also making a decision to steal the Statue of Liberty after occupying New York once New York gets it, and I'm trying to decide the options of where to relocate it. New Orleans, Houston, Norfolk, and Columbia are candidates now

>differing between Rome and "Byzantium" through Christianity
>using "Byzantium" instead of ERE to begin with
Get out

>it change religion
>it change language
>it change culture
>it change people
>is still some how same
Flawless logic.

Christianity is a Greco-Roman religion though.

What are you talking about.

Before the split, Romans spoke greek as well as latin numbnuts.

Speak proper English, I have no idea what you are saying.

Clearly referencing >>THAT HALF IS NOT ROMAN BECAUSE IT CHANGE RELIGION!

Should I play HoI3
I just remembered I have it
I tried it years ago but it was crashing constantly

And by Romans I meant Roman statesmen. not peasents who cares about them

The average tragsger is one cool customer let me tell you. Cooler than a cucumber. He goes down smooth.

He swings open the door and walks into a bar and people stop and stare, with good reason. He's wearing a nice clean suit but he doesn't work in an office like a chump. The suit doesn't fit all that well because he didn't spend much money on it, didn't get it tailored, he doesn't waste money on frivolous things he's too cool to care how he looks anyway. Besides he pulls off any look with ease and grace. His tie is askew and loose, he hasn't buttoned all the way up or tucked his shirt in. His hair is messy but fashionably so and he just makes the look work.

He walks up to the bar and leans on it. He taps the counter once and the staff already know the routine, they slide him a drink with a single ice cube in it. He catches it without even looking. It doesn't matter what drink, he didn't come in to drink. He pushes the ice cube around the glass in circles and goes into a deep meditative state. He's effortlessly coming up with the craziest ideas, grand schemes, new groundbreaking philosophies and cool things to post in the thread later.

A man approaches him from behind and puts a hand on his shoulder aggressively. Without even breaking concentration on his ice cube the tragsger answers "...yeah?"

"You that punk from the shitposting thread?" the man says. The bar goes quiet.

"...yeah." the tragsger answers calmly as he turns to face the man.

Without warning the man tries a cheap sucker punch but the tragsger is one step ahead. He gracefully steps aside and the man stumbles forward clumsily crashing into the counter. The tragsger casually drops the ice cube on the ground (he's a master at sleight of hand tricks) and takes a step back. The man charges him but slips on the ice cube and crashes through the door leaving the bar. The tragsger walks back up to the counter and taps it once more. The staff slide him another drink.

It's not "clearly" because he's being edging and not quoting posts. And it's wrong anyway, Roman doesn't mean Italian/Latin.

>e swings open the door and walks into a bar and people stop and stare, with good reason.
I've had this happen to me before. What does it mean?

What's the most bullshit way your empire's been destroyed, /gsg/?

>he's being edging and not quoting posts.
As was the post he replied to, it was referencing , where the discussion started, but he refused to use the redirect.

Coalition of the eternal AN*LO

Two wrongs don't make a right.

>100 years later and England finally forms the UK
>Ireland mostly independent
>Ulster has parts of Scotland

>Losing at all

I just find it hypocritical that you take issue with the person who merely continued what someone else started.

>not having a destruction arc in the story of your empire

God fucking dammit

>>That feeling when you live in a world with 2 mexicos

Because that post at least made sense, it was clear he was talking about Rome, spamming 'IT CHANGE" wasn't.
"h-he started it" is a childish excuse anyway.

>Haha look at my toy soldiers mum
LOL go to a Renaissance fair loser

>tfw my enlightenment spawned in Beijing
great game

>literally hasnt been updated besides cosmetic changes since months before the last DLC
Yeah, totally fine.

Destruction happens after every game, when the Jews drag all the whites to war with each other until there's nothing left of the world of old.

>cubans
>mexicans
>the same thing

my people......

Yet two out of three people who replied understood exactly what was going on, you're the only one left complaining because you couldn't figure it out.

come back here with those goalposts

Yeah, "What are you talking about." clearly is a sign of someone who figured it out. It's impossible to understand that post without context, unlike the first one.

Whats a galley?

It's not some ancient cryptic riddle. If you're struggling to follow a clearly connected post chain then you might need to look into ADD medication.

useless past 1500

mi amigos......

>It's not some ancient cryptic riddle.
No, it's simply a bad post, in every possible way. Just stop trying to defend it.

You byziboos sure are pedantic.

it would be very cool if third odysey mod added tocharians

What are some good vicky2 videos to get me learned in vicky2?

>youtube.com/watch?v=nwiOP_VqLYM

Is this one legit? I always thought you should make a bunch of factories.

Byzantine the Roman not! Roman were homosexual deviant. Pagan! Byzantine the better law, Justinian code. Christian proudity instead heathen sodomite club. "Rome" was the worse empire in history just degenerate. Byzantine not "Rome" Byzantine more good proud state without bad sex.

>Is this one legit? I always thought you should make a bunch of factories.
What does it say?
You don't want to make too many different factories early-game or else you won't have space for the late-game ones, which are arguably better than most.

I didn't have mine destroyed, but one time in a decent sized multi game, playing as Hungary I utterly cucked and fucked the Ottoman Empire, before the head admin (Playing as ottomans) forced everyone to restart.

Don't industrialize to fast because the world cant afford your goods yet. Artisans are good for a while.

Any autist can tell me why Alexanders empire fell? Lack of an heir or can he just not into administration?

Literally use the internet you fucking retard

>be immortal
>have kids at the age of 90's
>your kids die while you still live
feels good man

Yea but more fun to talk and speculate it with you guys.

Not really correct, by the time you have enough literacy and money to industrialize it shouldn't be a problem, and even if you do from day one, you are still just getting an advantage for when it actually becomes the time.

You should make factories as soon as possible if you can subsidize them. If you can't subsidize you should make factories as soon as you have a couple of commerce techs and literacy above 40% so you can get clerks. Artisans are wasted pie on your chart post 1840 or so in those conditions.

Lad, you are keeping your wife from marriage age to 40 then ditching her for another that has at least genius trait for all those loyal children servants who are mostly geniuses, right?

Playing as greece and I just keep on losing money even after fixing the budget. So I dont know how am supposed to be making money.

i'm sorry my current wife has shit stats but i don't want to abandon her
though i have an immortal concubine

Ally Russia/UK and tell to bully the chinks

How do you Byzyblob this patch?

>My current wife has shit stats but I don't want to abandon her
You're a good man.

pay debts

>30k armors and 30k soldiers losing against 60k soldiers

why? i thought artillery would completely destroy infantry.

Does HoI3 have a borderless option or am I forced to use a lower resolution so I can scroll

Why aren't you marrying your strong genius daughter?

>An immortal norse chick falls in love with a chink, teaches him how to be immortal and becomes his eternal concubine, sucking him dry as wives come and go
Muh dick.

hello PRCanon

>25-100%

>liberate a region from a civilized country
>new country is primitive

>Playing a grand campaign with some people I met online
>