/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Maybe one day edition

Previously, on /wtg/ >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

longrods.ch/process.php
warthunder.com/en/news/5351-development-t-64b-when-good-is-not-good-enough-en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for unironic genocide of slavs

Imagine being retarded enough to think that the A-10 is a useful in a ground support role when the F-16 can literally do the same thing.

This, but commited by countries like Finland or Romania

completed bomber cockpits when?

>planes
HURRR DURR IMAGINE ONE PIECE OF POO AGAINST ANOTHER DERP)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Haha could you imagine being such a braindead mongoloidal shitkicking 3rd world ratfucking subhuman that you think guns on aircraft are obsolete

You do know that cannon shells are much cheaper than missiles, right?

Having a gun on a plane is like being issued a bayonet for your rifle. You're probably not going to use it in combat, but it's there when you absolutely need it.

X'th for APFSDS eating sloped armour for breakfast

Any cross sections of ceramic/composite pen tests?

why the fuck does the camera look downward and not straight forward in ground forces for fuck sake

I got Survivor for the first time.

>Mfw get survivor, mission maker and adamant in a single round

Sure thing, m8. Too bad that pic there is a photoshop because shells do normalize as they go through armor, aka they curve in the direction of the slope

>Any cross sections of ceramic/composite pen tests?

Haven't seen any. Though that is way more than 130mm of RHA at 68 degrees which would roughly correspond to the effective LoS RHAe armour of a T-64/72/80 glacis.

>Too bad that pic there is a photoshop because shells do normalize as they go through armor, aka they curve in the direction of the slope

That's the case for conventional AP-rounds and even APDS but not for long-rod penetrators. They have too much kinetic energy on contact with the armour to care much about normalizing forces while penetrating.

>in my comfy pz38
>enemy Valentine
>he doesn't notice me
>shoot turret, nonpen as expected
>he begins to turn to face me, exposing the driver's slit, his one weak point
>OHK him with luck and good aiming
Best feel

Are you trying to say that it's not a shopped image? Because the size of the hole vs the size of the penetrator tells me it is

A-10 and F-16 have completely different capabilities and one of them can not replace or fulfill the tasks of the other. Please shut up you retard.

made me laff

>slav/mutt MBT devblog today
>devserver opens next Monday
>patch goes live one week later
trust me guys my dad works at Gaijin

Ok I trust you.

are you retarded

>when you get an ace match

>post war cucks get exposed for using an image where the shell penetration test has nothing to do with the shell shown in the picture
>they successfully defend against the first argument and strike back
>the second argument catches them with their pants down so they resort to personal attacks instead
So this is why high tiers are always shit

Is there a wtg discord

>d*scord
>that place filled to the brim with laffing slavs, shills and forum moderators

It's not really worth it.
It's full of shitters like Vegeta who do literally nothing but shitpost.
It's good for keeping up on news but people usually post it here anyway.

>Vegeta
Literally who

(You)

>Ally shoots my tail off while we are flying past each other in bombers with his turrets
>Lose all control of my plane
>He taunts me and tells me to "AHAHAHAH BAIL OUT"
>Can't even land, forced to just sorta drift around until someone comes to get me
>By some magic manage to kill THREE enemies like this
>Match is nearly over, we're winning, I am shot to shit
>Try to overspeed crash on purpose
>When I overspeed crash, my ally called Power_Teemo or something gets the teamkill, denying any of the enemies the kill and punishing him for his stupidity

Sometimes, everything just works out in the end. I know this is a blogpost, but man it was good.

Delete yourself

guess who last the game that should've been won becasue retards don't know how to get kills in planes and just fly around sparying fucking usless machinegun fire doing nothing
there should be limits of 2 planes per team.

>there should be limits of 2 planes per team.
yeah sure.
>morons spawn in useless crap that can't do shit
>you now can't spawn in your plane that can actually kill armored ground targets
it's just as for groundforces themself, if you want to harm your team by being shit you can. Also sometimes spawning in a fighter to kill enemy ground pounders actually makes sense. Letting an AD-4 or Mig15bis/17 just do its thing with their rockets is generally not good for the other team

>there should be limits of 2 planes per team
That's even more retarded than the mere concept of planes in tank battles

then mixed battles should be seperate mode itself im tired of losing games becasue half of team spawns in usless planes after they get a kill
it all started when the CAS spam became popular

if your team is shit you deserve to loose, what is the problem with that?

wouldn't mind hvars being able to kill things again desu

tank rb should be about tanks vs tanks not air rb niggers playing just so they can farm
you have sperate mode for planes if you want to play them

HVAR's can still kill a lot of things man. You just have to land them on weak enough armor. They work like a 30mm penning HE shell essentially. Great for hullbreaking and taking out T-34s

>Great for hullbreaking and taking out T-34s
not anymore rofl

? I literally used them yesterday for exactly that. You just have to get the rockets on top of the turret and/or engine deck.

user, don't waste your time with such mouth breathers. They are also the ones that screech about tiny tims not killing tanks that are 15m away

with their currently piss poor accuracy that's hard though. I don't know why they gave them so much spread, having to rely on fortune is almost never a good gameplay mechanic.

What's the best US tank for getting kills?
I want to grind this decal.

i'd say the MBT because it's consistent. Something like a T29/T34/Jumbo works well too if the matchmaker is in your favor

Grab a jumbo and learn how to use APCR for fighting things like Tigers and IS series tanks.

>tany tam shud no kil mah membunkor XDD

>100kg bomb with a rocket motor in its ass should instakill everything even if missing
How can tank RBlets even be this stupid?

Hope you're trolling but:

"Armor and rod material are overloaded with a multiple of their strength properties and under this enormous pressure they behave like liquids. The rod material flows off mushroom-shaped and the target material is displaced together with the rod material out of the penetration channel."

longrods.ch/process.php

You dumb fucking Chicom.

j

Why did gaijin break the minimaps

Because they can))))))))))))

99 bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code
Take one down, patch it
And now you've found
116 bugs in the code
This is one of the few instances where I'm hesitant to just blame it on simple slavic incompetency, rather than just use the "shit happens" mentality

How do I beat the AMX-50 Foch from the front in an M103 without HEAT-FS? Is there some weak spot I'm missing? It seems like it's basically immune to me from the front, and I can't even )))))) them through the cupola because I don't have APHE, while my armor only seems to work at extreme ranges, and sometimes not even then
I can't even flank it because the M103 is the size of a house with the mobility of a Jumbo
What am I doing wrong? other than trying to play burger tanks

you should've seen the M103 two years ago
wowee, times are better now. I left games where the opponent wasn't germany, because leopards were the only things you could kill reliably.

LFP if visible, otherwise i try to aim at rangefined, maybe out of desperation, maybe its an old habit from potato tanks.

I'll try that then, thanks user

I'm up for it
t. the B7A2 finn that everyone called a slav(e) in last thread

WHERE IS MY FUCKING DEVBLOG GAIJIN?

yuo already haf kike premium whats the matter))))

New devblog fuckers.
T-64B (not BV)

>Although the T-64B could carry the same amount of shells as the previous model, tank crews were often instructed to mostly load conventional ammo alongside a couple ATGMs. This imposed limitation will also be reflected in the game, resulting in the player being only able to bring a handful of ATGMs into battle whilst driving the T-64B.
)))))

AMERIMUTTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>because of this nerf, ATGMs will reload at full speed
calling it

>unlock range finder
>max range went from 1200m to 2100m
>range search time reduced from 4s to a bit over 1s
Where's faggotline when I need it

Why? Everyone knows they're saving the best for last.

Defender of the bias. No one is allowed to have fun in russian thunder unless you play top rank soviet mediums)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0
Tell me it's all my own bias and imagination and im just unskilled noob who somehow misses the obvious and easy way of dealing with t-62s in maus.

so basically an uparmored T-64A able to shoot ATGMs?

Also gets smoke launchers and a 12.7mm machine gun on top

Pretty much

I wonder if that bv model was just smoke and mirrors after all..

t64a already bounces of a LOT of shit it should never bounce

cant wait to see how much t64b bounces stuff with even more armor

consider this will be facing chally 1 and 120mm L/44. so can the devserver leaked images be considered fake? or maybe they'll put the BV variant as an unlockable upgrade just as they did with the BMP-1/BMP-1P?

or maybe challenger will have huge weakspots and unmodeled armor, maybe gaijin will just throw the reload speeds out of the house with NATO tanks to make t64b stomp over everything, kinda like they been doing so far, just look what happened to mbt/kpz

The difference in capabilities between the BV and the B is much, much more than the difference between the BMP-1 and the BMP-1P. the BV gets a better engine, more armor, and Kontakt ERA that offers protection against both HEAT AND kinetic rounds.

nice r*ddit spacing you fucking nigger

IIRC the kpz had 7 sec reload and the MBT 10s but the kpz didn't use ATGMs while the MBT did (or the other way arund) so they gate ATGMs to both while using the slower reload speed for both because differentiating features of the same tank model would be too hard to code(((((((((((((((((((((((
maybe the new engine will be unlocked in place of the usual "new engine" upgrade and ERA as a stand alone upgrade just like it was with the additional armor on the IS-2, otherwise I couldn't explain the leaked devserver pics and I highly doubt they'll add both the B and BV variants

>or maybe challenger will have huge weakspots
Like the LFP and the drivers sight? )))))))))

My Chief APFSDS has been bouncing off of the upper portion of the front plate of the T-64A a lot, recently. It's because of that fucking grid of 'Structural Steel' and the drivers optics. It's literally the T-34 drivers hatch of 9.0.

don't forget that t64 can stay on fire without having its modules damaged for good 15 seconds while other tanks at similiar BR turn red after 5 seconds

WHAT IS A FIREWALL?

>T-64 is the only tank in the game to have a firewall
GOOD POST TOVARISH!
+100 GE!
KEEP UP GOOD WORK!)))

>WHAT IS A FIREWALL?
>while other tanks at similiar BR turn red after 5 seconds

It must be hard to be the parents of someone as mentally retarded as you

Something most, if not all, 9.0 tanks should also have. Why do they blow up 5 seconds after being set on fire, and the T-64A doesn't?

my chief mk.10 burns for so long it's ridiculous

I have had tanks in Tier 6 survive fire for upwards of 20 seconds. What are you on mate.

Weird, because my Chief 10 burns up after around an average of 6 seconds, if I don't use FPE. Even with ammo at approx 13~

You took the words right out of my mouth.
How do your parents cope with you?

how many HESH rounds do you bring with you?

>Stick my head out
>tank appears on visible range
>0.00002 seconds later he shoots me and i'm unable to move
>shoot at him
>the bullet pierces his tank but does nothing
>he shoots me again in the spaghetti
>ammo explodes
Fuck this game

>using HESH
>at 9.0
lel

DAVAWI RUSKYE BLYeT

>poland
>three tanks down the alley
>mark them on the map
>teammates proceed to drive into the alley and die
Why

>not using HESH
>at 9.0
rofl

are we currently in a phase of ammoracks mattering or do they just turn black?

Just aim for gunners and shit. If you get an ammorack you get one, if you don't you don't. They are completely unreliable unless you can get multiple ammo pieces in a line.