Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=lqyEY8H76TY
youtube.com/watch?v=9OCoR_C0AlA
youtube.com/watch?v=PFAidnnFTM8
youtube.com/watch?v=XyMYFBrBxLw (Untranslated)

Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
Rance X Character Roster:
mega.nz/#!u5hX0RoS!jCw5Fj9RR7y4_G1jxoluEc0vUvbzNOqm5MAq7qQSbGo
Rance X Gallery:
mega.nz/#!voglnYha!cKiqyTX1xYyORVNvUEj7-vwubs8egBCX2L6Il_BcRoM

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Anyone figured out how to avoid the hard game over on the sekigahara battlefield during the Lei subjugation quest?

K-kamilla...

Think any one of you guys who brag all day about knowing Japanese mind translating what this says and what they do? Including the check boxes on the bottom?

Do you mean the one where you get sent off to fight a huge sum of monsters on a dead end and game over?
I'm pretty sure you have to talk to the guy who is the traitor

How do I kill Garutia

Since you only have one point, a quick answer so you can keep going, pick one of the first ones for now, it unlocks another leader spot.

How? The game railroads you onto the path leading to it.

Are we talking about the same point? Post a screenshot please

Welp, finished a 2 star Isoroku run. Thinking what I should do with these points. I'm probably going to try a 3 star Kenshin run next.

Obviously I'm going with:

>All three cost bonuses
>Permits
>20p Secret Character Bonus
>Eliza

But I'm not sure on the rest. Maybe the 10k bonus? That's only 5 points. Then perhaps a bunch of items? I don't have any family bonuses yet on this save.

I'd love to talk more about X, but I'm going to hold off on playing it until people get things like the interface patch and the best way to get something like VNR working consistently.

How the heck are you meant to beat Babolat?

I can't do enough damage to him before he realises that he's being attacked, while Kanami's shurikens aren't reliable enough to cancel it from triggering. Anyone managed to figure out what strat to use against him?

a list of girls from old games rance fucks for the first time here?

That's wrong. You've just fucked him.

I need an interface patch so bad.

>another leader spot
So I can have more than 7 total?

The games out, at least get a high quality capture

You mean at the part where there's three sets of three choices before the battle?

Just use OCR you halfwit

yes

>all these EOPs getting fucked over ingame cause they can't read how to fight the bosses even though the game LITERALLY tells you how to
lamoing @ all u fucks

I always get Rance's Love to use on that kid you need to max to get all of the Youkai brides.

He doesn't know Japanese. He got it confused with another, similar list.

But but, pressing a hotkey

Wait a few weeks, odds are Hongfire or someone else wil do it.

H-code where

You mean Masamune? Never really thought of him as a "kid". To me he always seemed like he was supposed to be an old man.

I'm an EOP but I'm still doing fine. You just need to learn how to experiment with the game to understand what does what.

Just use vnr and suffer through setting it up like the 1% of the eop who bothered

No no. The kid with the gravestone on his back.

Why am i so bald?

What's the jp reception on this game?

Don't have it. It any good?

I did fine against all the bosses excluding Lei. I still don't get why I'm shoehorned into a bad end after a mountain of dudes. Maybe I gotta catch that one guy before he sells me out or something.

Not him but I've tried literally everything people say to get it to work. It never works.

Oh you mean Kazemaru? Don't you just need him to go through the Hibachi events, though? I don't see why you'd put that item on him, especially because you can't unequip it.

You need to talk to the traitor, if you do that you should be able to get through.

WAN
ON
WAN
Different BGM than normal boss fights too

Who's the traitor?
Cause I could swear it's both the ugly midget and the guy with elephantiasis in his thumb.

First row, bottom option

The Real Hero didn't need a hair

Is there a time limit on saving Hornet?

There's absolutely no way of knowing this in game but you can't get all of the Youkai brides without doing the Hibachi events which requires Kazemaru to be at Trust i think.

If you fight 1v1 you Kill Lei and get 4 gold treasure chests

If you fight as a group Lei lives and you get a single gold chest that has both him and Mary allowing you to choose between them

I spoke to him and still got it. What gives?

What application should I use to record the gameplay?

Yeah I know that. But I didn't think of using that item on him. But then again, doesn't he have a level cap way higher than his starting level? I'm guessing after you get the skills you want on him, you just keep using the level up option? If that's the case then I can see why you'd put that item on him, even though you can't unequip it.

Which option are you choosing at the end of the path after speaking with everyone? The Left or Right? Choose the left.

>Cards don't carry over
Time for cheat engine.

Why would you pick her?

Xsplit?

NG+ completionism

>NG+
It's not NG+ if your team and items don't carry over.

The main reason is that I just don't want to waste the other affection raising items on him. But yeah he can become really strong if you keep raising his stats and levels.

So, anybody got recommendations for which nation to aid first?

Not Zeth

Leazas.
Zeth is European Extreme mode, Helman is normal, and Free Cities is hard mode.

Zeth

Just check Nips site.

So does Gandhi die no matter what?

I think he means the game recording that you had obtained it.

And what does carry over?

He's still alive on my playthrough

No major character will die no matter what.

You might have an idea on this. What's the best way to get a fuckload of points? Just go into 5 star, rush to Ran by feeding the monkey and let her route play out?

Nothing.
You just get bonuses. Enjoy your hard work for Hornet only to use her for like 14 minutes before the game's over.

>Nothing.
But then it's not a NG+. That's not how the plus sign works

>was stuck on the Garutia with 420k HP
>give up and go another way
>fight a version with 300k HP instead
>is now vulnerable to Kou's dango
FUCKING
FINALLY

I don't know if this applies to the other countries, but if you do it right you can actually wipe out all of the Zeth monster army in one turn aside from their monster general

Thoughts so far, for prologue, that is rather hilarious to see the Horus people just start to slack off like that and you get two game overs immediately.

Meanwhile for the conference of nations event, I do get the feeling that if either Lia or Magic was the representative, this conference would be a loooot easier, no thanks to their clashing egos.

Aside from that, in her scene, Kou actually starts flashing back and suddenly I am remembering what happened too...the feels man

It was never NG+ to begin with.

Not having NG+ in a game like this makes no sense though, you'll basically always be locked out of shit. How is that fun?

*wasnt

My bad

you wiped them out in one run? Impressive

Wow this is completely stupid, it's just demotivating in CCG type game like this.

Tell us how you did it.

What's the problem?

thank fuck

Play Annis in attack mode.

So I need an Annis?

I don't know, it just doesn't want to hook. When I try to make the new settings it won't save them.

How are you even supposed to win the 1v1 fight vs Lei when he's still got his melee counter aura? You're literally killing yourself attacking him.

I unlocked Biscuitta.

So when are we supposed to look for Kentaro or Miki? And which Quest does that?

Yours look like these? And are you letting vnr sync to the game?

I heard the game lacks dlc content

Should I play it now or wait until the sex scene dlc?

>that moment when you meet Babolat with 2500 HP
>"Shit, this is it, I have to reload and rethink a bit"
>Babolat never attacks, Sheila spams all the heals she can for the whole battle
>A ruined run becomes one with 15k and I get to the next healing spot.

Thank Ludo he's as stupid and cowardly as I remembered him.

What are your strategy when fighting Lexington? I can't beat her. The dodge spamming is so annoying.

You have Miracle?
Use her debuff often.

Yes and it says shit like "unrecognized game engine, falling back to ITH"

Can you ever use these guys or are they just a flat boost to your stats?

Babolat's gimmick is his one hit kill if he ever realises he can just drop you 57m down to your death.

How do you stop that?

Magic comes with skill canceling by default, but Miracle is better if you found her.

So how many ending we know so far?
>squid man
>dark lord
>4 for each nations
>sill end

>tfw Lia didn't need rescuing

Is the Isekai CG an ending?

Is there anything I can do about shit like this? A lot of the numbers end up looking weird like this for me. This wasn't happening to me when I last played years ago. Take a look at the characters in the earned troops box. Is this a known Windows 10 issue, or is something else going on?

So we got 8 ending so far? anyway, is the dragon boy Patton or Rance son?

You forgot the
>Woke up 50 years late one
That can happen instead of
>Woke up 50,000 years late

Add Kayblis being the new demon king.

>Woke up 50,000 years late
That the squid man ending i think