/edg/ - /scg/

Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen and friends, general.

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently on v2.4 "The Return" - now with more ayys.
The 3.0 beta is now over and the next expansion named "Beyond" is on the way. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
The starports are allegedly more difficult to repair than they were to build in the first place so don't expect them back online anytime soon.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Other urls found in this thread:

coriolis.io/outfit/vulture?code=A4patiFalddkshf31e1e0n0404044a2d2bm32525.Iw1/kA==.IwBhrSsgmcg=..EweloBhAOEoCwIYFcA2BTATiEBmCBQA=
youtube.com/watch?v=XkHoS98ciow
www99.
youtube.com/watch?v=qwOih2JMvIo
robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Vulcan-Skin-Pack-Warbond
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for my vulture build isn't shit

coriolis.io/outfit/vulture?code=A4patiFalddkshf31e1e0n0404044a2d2bm32525.Iw1/kA==.IwBhrSsgmcg=..EweloBhAOEoCwIYFcA2BTATiEBmCBQA=

or is it?

What's the current state of SC ? alpha ? beta ? is there any ETA ? Do they even said a thing about an eventual year of release ?

DOA

that was rude

fifth for Chieftain ascendance

Looks like a Pelican from Halo but 2 sets of wings instead of 1.

That can also leave the known universe in a single boost?

I wish there was this sort of stuff for the Elite Dangerous ships.

Really wanna see how they all are internally and stuff.

what is the crimes and punishment revamp they talk about ?

show me your cmdrs

Any new ED money makers that don't involve passengers?

Go to Deb base in Anotche and get all dragons of mikur missions. Mikur is less than 9 ly away and have multiple res (from low to haz)

Thanks if legit, if not then at least I can kill an hour of boredom.

It start slow as you need some rep to get the higher paying missions in the beginning the missions I got were for 100-500k and now i have missions for 2-5m.

Killing Thargoids, but that requires you to have money to begin with

Rate those ideas for E:D

>there are a few system across the known universe (no more than 5/6) where people can't use their weapons as they want (basically pk is forbidden in those systems). They are used as "town" for players.
>The idea is to be able to find easily other players, create groups, alliances/factions and do activities together.
>Those home alliance could be linked with the current power play
>There would be one "home system" per Power and missions done for the system would benefit the faction.
>Some of the missions of the system could be global and target the defence of a system against another power, trying to get a government to a specific system, stealing a system to another faction or sometimes raiding another power.

>In those "home systems" you can find playground space stations where people can sign in with a fee to participate. You can sign in for :
>PVP with your own ship
>PVP with given ship (like CQC. This mode would take players from both open world and arena).
>Space race in different environments (kinf of like wipeout, in space). Ofc with refilling cells, weapons and all. With our ship or given ship
>Some tournaments could be organised within your own power
>Some Space Olympic Games could be organised too.
>Loosing your ship on those events have no consequences (your insurance is the fee you're paying to sign in)

>Enforce the "own alliance/faction"
>after putting enough money on it, you can have your own space station. Any mission done on it gives your alliance money and reputation.
>You can equip your space station, employ some AI to defend it
>You can raid other factions/alliances space station for money and rep (have to be difficult)
>All the prices would differ according its location, population around, size...

My whole idea is to bring in more stuff to do, enforce community exchanges and give the game more objectives.

Is the chieftain DOA?

It's got pretty good hardpoint placements and good options for loadout but it has non-existant shields and no utility hardpoints to make up for it.

Hulltanking is a joke when all your modules are destroyed by a single Penetrator railgun through the ass so that just makes the chieftain a retarded cousin to the fed bricks.

Why bother with this thing when the FDL, Python and Sexual Assault ship exist?

Player killing is fine as it is, they just need to tone down the powercreep between ships and most importantly between engineering.

An FDL with 5x Doubleshot frags shouldn't obliterate an A-ranked federal corvette in 10 seconds due to engineering.

Now maybe sidewinders are still going to be shit as they were intended but I think making the increase of damage and health from engineering quite a bit lower and most of all making using a hull instead of shield viable would be great.

Right now the meta is an order of magnitude stronger than anything else right now just because of how powerful engineering makes you.

I have around 300 million creds to blow and I want to blow up ayy lmaos. Any recommended builds?

If you're a PvP nerd, maybe.
But it looks cool, and flies decent after the lateral thruster buff. Looking cool and being comfy is a pretty big thing in Elite.

>Player killing is fine as it is
It would be forbidden only on those "home systems" to grant people ability to come in without fearing loosing their ships, else no one would give a fuck about this kind of features and keep playing solo. If you want to fight you would have to "provoke" him.

>An FDL with 5x Doubleshot frags shouldn't obliterate an A-ranked federal corvette in 10 seconds due to engineering.
damn. I've been out of the game for a year or more. I should definitively look how this shit works

>A FDL with doubleshots

>not a FGS with screening shell doubleshots

youtube.com/watch?v=XkHoS98ciow

How is refueling even gonna work if none of the ships have standardized fuel ports or anything?

wtf i love sandro now

Yes. T-10 is abolutely worth it if you have money and want to fuck around.

Hull tanking as their weapons partly go through shields and something you can snipe the ayyy-heart with. Most important thing about ayyy combat is having a mate to back you up and good combat skills

I started playing around with the character creator, got as far as changing hair, eye and skin tones, got bored, and just set the opaque helmet on at all times. I'll be more inclined to mess around there if they ever actually finish space legs.

>there are a few system across the known universe (no more than 5/6) where people can't use their weapons as they want (basically pk is forbidden in those systems). They are used as "town" for players.
A better solution would just be to make heavily established core systems incredibly tightly policed. You can still pvp, but your shit will get pushed in rather than a magic NOGUNS field. Like if you tried starting shit in a major corporate headquarters or government building, you might be able to smash someone over the head but half a second later twelve gorillas in suits will be reducing you to a pulp.
Ideally there should be a continuum, where core systems are almost perfectly safe unless you crash like a tard and have almost anything money can buy in them (albeit a bit expensive), but there's limited scope for moneymaking unless you can do it as part of a large scale trading operation or something. As you move to the frontiers, security drops and availability of goods narrows, but whatever the system produces is dirt cheap, there's bigger profit margins on any small scale activity and missions get hazard pay rolled in, and combat missions become viable.

>spess sports
Yeah, some way of doing CQC in the main game should exist. Racing through a planetary ring or similar could also be cool, both with weapons CQC style and without.
Thinking of CQC, big asteroid mines being used to justify Descent-style gameplay as a form of mission could be good fun. Asteroid bases already have a strong Descent vibe.

You are doing your part, right CMDRs? :^)

2h 20 mins interview with Derreck Smart

www99. zippyshare .com/v/xppL3ahI/file.html

So what's the name of everyone's ships?

Jinxed.

C-DESTROYER
U
N
T

I've named my ships after weather phenomena

Sounds good, I do like ships with lots of guns, and I love the just general design of it.
Just need to get around 200m more credits to be able to buy and outfit the thing.

>Cum here little boy

Cannons and turrets are great for it

But why

>Drizzle
>Fog
>Sleet
>Imperial Cutter called Hail

I follow a pattern of naming them after popular anime girls.

How else can I show how much of a weeb I am?

Should I? I have a Super Hornet for fightan as well and being unable to use the turret on the Gladiator as a pilot annoys me.

Do you think you will ever get to fly it?

Why does this dead ass thread for these dead ass games keep getting resurrected? You don't even know what number this thread is.

>I name my ship Mailman and defeat you easily

Why do you care?

Yes?

CIG and Fdev don't deserve to have their games celebrated in a general. CIG is lying about open development. Fdev is classic for going back on what they promise during a beta.

Enjoy yourself as CIG continues to drive a wedge between backers to keep them from pressuring CIG directly about constant delays and failed promises and fdev goes back on what they promised and nerfs anything good they were going to do to appease the forum dads.

>Giving a shit about thread numbers.

Giving a shit about 1 shitty thread amongst a lot of other shitty threads

>Asteroid bases
That's a need desu senpai

I feel they should add more mmo elements into the game.

Have they said anything about new features ?
Unless ayy and new ships there isn't much new it seems. What are they going to work on now that this year will be for maintenance

Is a vulture good at fighting ? sometimes I feel it's heavy and I got some difficulties to turn around
Is there any good tutorial for a noob like me ?

System Authority Vessel

>difficulty turning around in a Vulture
>implying it is sluggish
I have some bad news for you...

No space legs so it doesn't matter

desu, I see this space leg meme talked a lot but I can hardly see how it could improve the game.

RTV is live on twitch now, it's about repair and refueling.

It would look like this
>Cockpit
>Engines
>Fuel Tank
>A stupid amount of empty space.

Nah I don't care about walking around ships in game

Just would be nice if there was pics of ships inner layouts and stuff.

And again, with how modular the ships are they are basically just a cock pit and an engine with a whole lot of empty space in between.

It's useless if you can't walk around inside so why bother they obviously don't give a fuck about imserison when your glued to your seat for eternity

You're meant to mask your powerlevel user

>imserison
And what does it add to the game ? More time lost for doing simple tasks ?
>Hey let's take a new mission in this space station!
>land
>have to walk in your ship to exit it
>have to to press useless buttons to open gate and deploy stairs/elevator
>have to walk to some location in the space station to talk to NPC and accept new missions
>have to walk into shops to buy / trade stuff or find the control panel for it
>have to go back to ship, deploy stairs, open gate, get into the cockpit and leave the space station
>instead of taking 3 minutes to get your money, sell your shit and repair your ship it took you 15 minutes
>somehow space legs are a good idea
I don't see why you would want that.

>elite
>dead
Seems pretty alive to me bro

/scg/ just has the unfortunate privilege to be a game that had it's general created quite literally a decade before final release. Once the games come out this general will be crazy busy, and /edg/ will be dead.

> Once the games come out this general will be crazy busy, and /edg/ will be dead.
So hows the performance of SC? I haven't checked in about three weeks and last time it was about 20 fps max for everybody.

RTV tl;dw: Vulcan
>hull repair requires materials obtained via mining/salvaging or purchasing
>for components you might need to replace them entirely from supply you have to bring yourself ("spare tires")
>you need to buy separate ammo types for each weapon
>need to think about what you bring before you go somewhere and where you get the parts from
>can rearm missiles and torpedos, but it needs to fit in the cargo bay
>initially you'll only have to select what the drone does and fly it over
>ships will have refueling ports you have to connect to, drone has connection to your own secondary fuel tank
>how rearming/component replacement will work is TBD (how the components get from your cargo hold to the other ship)
>vulcan has lower fuel cost & component wear when going down to planets compared to the bigger profession ships
>can theoretically swap drones around with other ships that have them, but functionality will be somewhat limited
>can have all drones out and working at the same time, but can only update instructions for 2 at a time
>drones work in atmosphere
>can supply ground vehicles as well, their components are also much smaller so you can carry more

>a decade before

Ooo-eee look at mister optimistic!

Seems like you could use a reclaimer as a solid mothership for the vulcan. Pull busted junk out of wrecked ships, sell it back to folks in less busted ships.

when was the general created, exactly?

Do it user. Vulcan is comfy ship that can bring two of your friends and gladiator is just a shifty SH

I gotta say, homeless santa is growing on me. When he's not making stupid jokes he actually manages coherent sentences on camera, unlike Ben.

What is he up to nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=qwOih2JMvIo

that's actually fucking creepy

>hullo!
>today we are having fun!

robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Vulcan-Skin-Pack-Warbond
>warbond only
We SC:GO now

hexagonal spaceships

I only fucked a little in the tutorial and what not, decided I'll wait until I can afford a proper HOTAS and Vive. Watched a video or two and am pretty hype.
So is E:D like an MMO, or how the fuck does it work online? Is it harder to get into than A-10 in DCS?

Which skin is the best?

The first time I distinctly remember making a thread for this general was back in the original Kickstarter. It has existed on and off since then.

CTR skin looks like a team livery for a rally race

it's not an mmo.

>roadmap updated
>bind culling pushed to 3.2
JUST

only culling they're doing is content.

>Is it harder to get into than A-10 in DCS?
The most time consuming thing for me was tweaking the bindings, really.
The Thrustmaster T-Flight is dirt cheap and a solid HOTAS, and I'd say that's more important for a fun or immersive experience in any space sim than VR. Always remember you can bind combinations of buttons like having a shift key, which increases what you can bind if you need to.

>So is E:D like an MMO
Not really. There's the galaxy, missions and AI ships as the basis of things, you can play with that solo or with just some friends, open means you can bump into any other human player. The behavior of the economy and stuff is pooled from everyone, solo or open, so the galaxy remains consistent. Player characters are not a special class of people vs NPCs like in a typical MMO, other than the fact that many of them have much sharper flight and combat skills and their rating is a much less reliable indicator of actual skill.

Spending time to do tasks is what differentiates actual games from clickers.

You rang?

Oh hey, they changed the wording of this

Did y'all see that the people who make runescape are having some charity shit and in their ebay auctioning is a bid to name a megaship in ED?

Yeah >

I played dcs for a few hours and learning to fly was a fucking pain in the ass. Elite is much, much easier.

So, wtf performance improvements are still left in 3.1?
Is it even going to be an improvement?

You were the improvement all along.

I'm getting a refund, this is fucking horseshit. I've been patient ever since the PU came out.
>Wait for 3.0, that'll fix it
Ok I'll wait. Huh, it's still shit.
>Wait for 3.1, that'll fix it
Ok I'll wait. Huh, it's still shit.
>Wait for 3.4, that'll fix it
How about fuck you CIG.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

I won't. I'll be too busy playing KCD and other games that actually released.