I want to watch something Veeky Forums

I want to watch something Veeky Forums
What are some Veeky Forums approved Movies, documentaries or tv shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=coXnY-Yx0YE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7D7SDHofQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aZBuGv_IIgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The film 'Nicholas & Alexandra', 1971 is good.

The Big Bang Theory

This. Monarchist propaganda best propaganda

You're worse than the turk posters.

I liked Rome, just enough accurate to make up for the wildly inaccurate parts, plus boobies. The dude who played Caesar was perfect.

Kingdom of Heaven : director's cut

Veeky Forums approved y/N?

Everything about that movie sucks apart from costume design.
Same with Gladiator, really.
Ridley Scott is a shitty filmmaker.

pleb detected

it's great film, and only a film

do not take it as perfect historical accuracy, but the battles and everything is pure kino

I bet you would've booed Shakespeare for not doing an historically accurate portrayal of Julius Caesar.

Rome
Alexander Ultimate Cut
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Loved that one, but what do it have to do with history if that's sci-fi romance?

It's a movie about Nietzsche.

The Birth of a Nation (1915) is pretty good

How so?

Kingdom of Heaven is pleb tier, crusaders are represented as the bad goys

wtf I hate Kingdom of Heaven now.

And that makes a movie inherently bad?

I only saw it once when it was in theaters but wasn't the uncle who attempted suicide a professor of Nietzsche studies? Also the voluntarily mute son was a Nietzsche fan.

Yes because it feeds the Arab/Muslim >evil whitey invaded us narrative when, in reality, Muslims spent the 400 years leading up to the crusades constantly invading, conquering and converting Christian countries.

"With Fire and Sword" is worth a watch. youtube.com/watch?v=coXnY-Yx0YE

Yes, because it's anti-christian propaganda

There's a scene where a Saracen repeats the same "God wills us to kill them" rhetoric a crusader did earlier and Saladin sighs. It was supposed to show that there were bad guys on both sides.

>With Fire and Sword
Like the game?

I felt like both factions were portrayed negatively, as war for the sake for it, ignorant of what really mattered.

>With Fire and Sword
If you're referring to Mount & Blade, yes. Both the movie and the game are inspired by a Polish novel.

Still you can't deny that the movie portraits christians as more "evil"

The movie simply has almost only Christian protagonists and most people were portrayed negatively. Of the few Muslims whose characters were shown, like the bodyguard that duels the MC, they, too, were portrayed negatively.

Honestly, it looks to me like you are just looking for excuses to be offended.

this

literally everybody was portrayed negatively, since it was a pretty shit situation overall

Both WWI dramas:

>Fall of Eagles
because Patrick Stewart is best Lenin.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7D7SDHofQ

>37 Days
because Sheev is best Sir Edward Grey.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZBuGv_IIgw

The Flight, 1971.

It's a Soviet film about the Russian Civil War, dealing with a group of Whites fleeing Russia for Constantinople. One of my favorites. Mosfilm has the entire thing up on YouTube, subbed.

Ironclad. Because sometimes its nice to switch off and watch some hairy viking types get hacked up by a dude with a big sword.

Apocalypto

this

I'd rather watch some hairy Viking types fugg each other :33

You are mixing it with Little Miss Sunshine.
Eterenal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is with Jim Carrey

I agree. I like how on the dvd they give you "notes" that explain context and sometimes the "real story" to contrast the dramatic direction.

Seriously tho? Heard it's shit, care to elaborate?

Oh hell yeah I forgot to watch that movie. Isn't it the one where he works for East India Company or some shit then just becomes a savage?